It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have anyone ever had an ordinary drinking glass explode in their hand?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
One so called uneventful evening a coke glass expoloded in the palm of my hand.
My cat had knocked it off of the coffeee table and it had broke in two. After an hour or so i got the dustpan and brush to sweep it up. Phased by the lack of glass, water that was in it, i placed the bottom of the glass in the palm of my hand. Still crouched down looking at it after about a minute i felt a tickle in the palm of my hand and all of a sudden it exploded! It went up like champange out of a bttle and came down like glitter.
I thought my friend was going to pass out. I too have never seen anything like it! This was about four years ago. Anyone else had anything similar?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have no idea how that would even be possible.

If what you say is true, than there must be some sort of explanation right?

I would love to know the mechanism by which such an event would operate.

I do doubt that we will ever find such an answer though, at least in our lifetime.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I can assure you that it is absolutely true. My friend went white! We still talk about it now. I was just grateful that the glass exploded upwards and out as oppposed towards me. I've tried looking it up on the net, but have got nowhere.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

so ur cat knocked it off the table it broke,and after u picked it up it exploded?
ive seen a normal wine glass explode when somebody was holding it.
i dont know why it happens but it does.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So let me get this straight...you had an already partially broken part of the bottle in your palm (the bottom part), and it suddenly shattered/exploded? If that's the case, it seems like maybe a whole bunch of hairline fractures in the bottle suddenly released all their pressure and broke like safety glass, into many small pieces. Or am I way off?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When the cat knoocked it off the table, i had ignored it for over an hour. As far as i was aware there had only been water in it an it was under the table. I felt no urgency, so to speak. It was a good hour or so before i picked it up. The tickle got faster and faster. The noise it made was incredable. It was asthough something had shot at it! I'm an end of terraced house and my neighbour wasnt in, but i swear the noise was like a bomb going off.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
WhizzFizz
It was the base of the glass. It had effectivly turned into a tumbler.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Yes I have, finished drinking a glass of OJ one time and went to wash the glass and bam it busted. It was just putting cold glass into hot water and since it was an old glass, it was weakened already from multiple washings and use, and there it went, cut me up pretty bad as well. It happens and is completely natural in that case.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Golithian

That has happened to me loads of times. This was very different.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Perhaps some sort of harmonic frequency began to build up inside of it?

I cannot fathom how that's possible, but perhaps it is possible.

Perhaps this "tingling" or "tickle" you felt in your hand which "built up over time" explains it.

Harmonic Frequency.

Thats the best I got, sorry I can't do any better.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

The same thing could be at play however, cold water in the glass with the temperature of the room and it's already weakened state. May I inquirer was the room being heated at the time? If not did you feel any unusual changes of air pressure, or even a feeling of static electricity?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
No the room temperature was just comfortable. It was a green cocola glass, nothing fancy. No hairline cracks in it, nothing. I wondered why the cat wouldn't leave it alone, but thought nothing of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I see orbs from time to time. Would that have anything to do with it?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I am not trying to be a debunker at all just ruling out natural causes. For instance if there was any electronic equipment or sound equipment like speakers, it can often be the cause as well. But it is interesting that there wasn't a change of air temp. A lot of times people say when a spirit is present it causes a change in air temps, and some people feel dizzy and light headed. The feeling in your arm for example is also frequently common in spirit situations, many people feel as if their hair is standing on end cause of some force of energy surrounding them. Here's a thought what you can do is get an HD cam with night vision capabilities, and try to recreate the circumstances. Broken glass bottle and set up the camera see if you get the same result, and try to set up a variable where you have another in a separate area. I hope that makes sense.
edit on 3/14/1111 by Golithion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
At least three time in my life I have had glassed break while I was drinking out of them for no apparent reason. Also, I can not wear a quartz watch...they always break and/or go haywire and stop keeping regular time.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Thank you Golithian,

I get sleep paralysis an occasionally see orbs. My friend has said since he only comes round for the entertainment value! To say he went into shock, is an understatement. However the back door locked itself that night. How it did that as the lock was faulty, i don't know?
But it really was an ordinary evening. I was working on some papers ( work stuff ) and my friend was watching tele.

I have seen some strange things in sp, but not anything like that. I still can't get my head around it now.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Misssing Bule Sky

This exploded!!! I know what you mean though.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Yes, it's quite simple really especially in a bar setting. (I used to work in a bar)

The glasses go through the washer, and come out, you are supposed to let them cool, but when it gets busy there is sometimes not time, and the beer rapid cools the glass. so when you do this again and again and again, it weakens the glass.

it was known from time to time, for a glass to go

****BANG!!!!**** with the tiniest of knock.

Hazard of the job,

it's call thermal shock.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I was washing a glass one time and it broke. I got a nasty cut and ended up getting a few stitches on my finger. Was the glass warm, like just been washed? Maybe the glass was too warm and you put ice in it?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Even if it's been on the floor for over an hour? If that's the case we don't need nuclear energy to porduce energy. We can work on that! Sorry i'm not convinced. The tickle in the palm of my hand was werid enough. It got faster and faster.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join