It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have anyone ever had an ordinary drinking glass explode in their hand?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not me, but my dad. Told me he had some friends over and naturally were having coffee. In the middle of the table for seemingly no reason at all, the mug "exploded" and shattered everywhere, enough to throw some on the floor. These were transparent brown glass mugs. My father came to the conclusion that it was because they were old and it had hot coffee in it. Think what you will I guess, but what my dad said sounds pretty well right to me. Sounds reasonable to me.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I can tell you from working in hospitality, it happens all the time. Glasses used to shatter in my hands quite regularly. Got a couple of cuts too.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by happinness

glass seems to be their favorite toy.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

hi...well,i saw your post today and i dont have any explanation for this phenomena..all i know is that it happened to me too and not only once and not only with one glass..but i think i know when it can happen...to all of you that dont believe me i say i dont care,but dont jump to conclusions please..everything is possible and i know there must be a reasonable expalnation for it.
these are only 2 ex: i used to work in a restaurant..so..full of glasses...first time it happened with a bear glass ..it just blow of in my hand ..got me thinking about it for days...second time an entire shelf of glasses went down and all glasses broke into really small pieces(too small..like crashed
)...the thing i noticed is that both times i was realllllyyy nervous and stressed for work...the restaurant had a 250 capacity and always full in the summer so it can really get crazy,believe me...i was like thinking about 20 things i must do in the next 5 seconds ....thats when it happened!..they just blow up...and i must add sth really weird i felt when the shelf went down..half a second before that happened i felt like an explosion inside of me,like some sort of energy i couldnt control anymore..it took less than a second for it to reach the glasses..maybe glass is more sensitive than we think.
im used to have strange(meaning things i dont understand) events in my life but i never really had the opportunity to talk to someone that understands more about it...i dont need help or sth but i would love to know more about why they happen.when i was 16 i had an OBE after practising yoga,scared the hell out of me(i was just a kid) so i stopped practising
...now im almost 30 and the only thing i know is that i interact very strongly with energies that other pple almost dont know exist.
so...dont feel lonely..i know its not just me or just you..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
i just remembered sth...i am quite supersticious so i was thinking about that tradition of breaking glass to shatter bad energies..a lot of pple think glass breaking brings good luck ...could there be a connection between the two things?..

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I like the Chi Gong explanation the best.

Some people think that a similar technology was used to take down the WTC.

If the glass turned to powder you're talking about the actual shattering of molecular bonds. That's wild stuff, but not physically impossible. It just takes the right conditions.

I've read of similar technologies being used to reduce the weight of large objects, but never to disintegrate them. It's unusual enough that you might not want to rule out the possibility that you have "visitors." My only recommendation is to continue to educate yourself on these subjects.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
this happened to me twice before
explanation?
stop buying glassware from the 99 cent store

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

One evening my sister had a friend round and they shared a bottle of wine. At the end of the night she placed the wine glasses beside the kitchen sink and then went up to bed. Half way up the stairs she heard the sound of a glass breaking. She returned to the kitchen and nothing seamed out of place so she went back to bed.

The next morning when she went to wash up she saw that the glass she had been drinking from had a piece missing out of it, she phoned me up and asked me to have a look. It was weird, the piece that was missing - and couldn't be found anywhere in the kitchen- was in the shape of her bottom lip around the rim of the glass. As though a piece had been bitten out.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I once took a glass out of my cabinet filled it with cold tap water and placed three ice cubes into the water inside the glass. Walked out of the kitchen the glass still on the counter, heard a SMASH and found the glass had shattered all over the floor.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I actually had this happen to me today for the second time. Once a couple of years ago,the glass was sitting on the counter empty when it just shattered and today, a glass of water by the bedside 3/4 full, it had been there over night,nothing changed we were in the other room,son was asleep and the cat was next to us. It made a huge sound, you would think it had been a window shattering by the sound of it.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Diana101

Thank you every one for your sincere replies. I just wanted to add, if i haven't already, that the glass once it had exploded went up towards the ceiling. It then came down like glitter. It wasn't quite as fine as powder, but not far off it.
What puzzles me as much as anything else was the tickle i had in the palm of my hand just before it exploded.
The bang sounded like a gun shot. It was so loud i thought it would have brought the neighbours out. Luckily it didin't and i never mentioned it to anyone where i live. Imagin trying to explain that? However my friend , who was with me looked asthough he was going to pass out. It was a green coke glass. Good quality, i would think, which came from our local co op on a promotion which was going on at the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join