It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Has Been Pummeled Time to Win

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

It's very simple, we build infrastructure to replace what they lost..insensitive maybe...and you call him ignorant...

It's gonna take them some time recover, it's not even done playing out yet. Ignorant would be to let other countries, who will have no problem filling the hole, take this OPPORTUNITY from us.
edit on 15-3-2011 by infiniteobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by infiniteobserver

YES ! Because this is a clearly case of hypocrisy . We are on a conspiracy site , with threads like "omg , look how these rich bastards are treatin` us , they are tryin to kill us , control us , enslave us" , and here he comes with "mmm , how about we make some money of this disaster" .

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And what if he has a point?!
Lets say you do move in, and "WIN" the global economy...
How does the fact (I dont know if you are American, but lets say for sake of argument you are) that America is #2 in the global economy effect your life?
Does the fact tha Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Kellogg Root & Brown, or any of theese proffit mean your going to get a better life?
America the "leader" of world economy, is starving, homeless, and poor for the most part, you work all day yet most of you dont have the money to fix your rotting teeth....

When ALL the worlds money is controlled by 10% of the population, its a race id like to forfeit, escape, rewrite not cheer on, and shout from the pages of forums "WERE #1" and then climb down to your shack, streetcorner, or just stressfull life...

I dont want you shouting "commie" now or anything, but social countryes got it right, you work your job (whatever this may be) and you have the RIGHT to live a honourable life from your work.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kera1337

Quit putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about ME -personally benefiting from it. I just pointing out that if the US doesn't do it someone else will. You can cry all you want about what happened but it's economics. Quit being so emotional.

It's not like we laughing at what happened. Personally, if I could go help them I would...but gotta take care of my rotting teeth first

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

Just so you know there is a reason Americans aren't leading the industry and it is because we are all quite lazy. That is no lie, so unless you're going to be the one to come up with a really messed up way to make money off of someone elses misfortune and still sleep. Don't expect anyone else to do your dirty work for you...

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

WOW for a site with a catchphrase "deny ignorance" theres quite a few of you here..

funfact: did you know that 95% thats (ninety five) of Japan has a colege diploma?

Did you knoe that Economics and Economy logic of this world put a price on peoples lives?
Did you know people are starving?
Do you know that people starve because it isnt economic to feed them? (yes it costs money)
And so on, and so on, and so on
etc...
etc...
For somthing that effects my life from the moment i wake up, to the moment I go to sleep I think I got the right to be emotional about!

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

That's great but unfortunately a diploma is not the same as infrastructure. Yes I know people are starving lol, what does that have to do with Japan? Yes, I'm aware some starve because of other countries policies (for example ethanol).

Ill send you a box of tissues.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Guilty as charged, I care I care as should ANY human being with any kind of emotions, consience, or intelligence..
With these kinds of things going on in the world I think ALL that intelligent people in the world should talk about is misery, poverty, helping, changing...

My friend iff you take a closer look at this world, the whole picture, iff you got any kind of empathy your gona need those tissues, in the case you dont, send them my way, I feel like crying when I think hard...

edit on 15-3-2011 by kera1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Ya I stated over and over that I feel for the Japanese and would go there personally if I had the chance(to help, not make money, just so we clear). You are attaching emotion to economic issue, while commendable that kind of thing happens all the time. It sucks, I agree.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337

I feel like crying when I think hard...

edit on 15-3-2011 by kera1337 because: (no reason given)

Then stop - obviously the strain is too much for you...

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by post by hp1229

Not everything is about money. Do you think money is everything? I would rather have a decent job paying decent wages for my hard work until I retire. Hard work never killed anybody but it seems you do not want to take a chance
I never believed in Get Rich Overnight schemes. I would rather strike it big on my own with hard work and dedication with a quality and value added product.

Just so you know I bust my back daily roofing. I live pay check to pay check and always have because "I work hard and am an honest man." Seems to me I would be making a hell of a lot more money if I wasn't competing for wages against the ILLAGAL undocumented workers nobody does anything about in our country. We should let the illegals start taking over state/government jobs so it affects them and we can say "the illegals are doing the jobs nobody wants to do!" like all the ignorant politicians say. We should also let them become cops, judges, doctors, nurses and scientists just to be fair, also because no American wants those jobs anyway, right? The politicians say so....

So before you talk about working an honest, hard days work, go rip a roof, resheath it, then shingle it and let me know if that's hard enough for you, if not I build houses from start to finish, I'm an auto mechanic, metal fabrication, father of 3, husband and caregiver who takes care of my father who had a stroke and now has dementia, plus I do a vast variety of other things among trying to find work then feed my family on the chicken scratch I had to compete just to work so hard and honest for. I'll definately die proud.....but full of sheer hate and contempt for those who ran this country into the current cesspool it is, along with the sympathizing, supportive morons and their liberal thoughts of eqaulity and justice at everyone elses expense. Funny how nobody wants "their rights" trampled on yet when implementing "their eqaulity" they trample on everyone elses rights while changing the way we've been living and taught to live for decades, but it's justified.

Maybe it's not hard enough for you but I have my hands full , so I don't have time to run scams like our elected officials. You know the.. the ones who are so brilliant with their ivy league educatons yet can't run the business of managing this country. or maybe they're so brilliant that they found a way to pillage our hard earned money while running this country into the ground but forgot to realize it will affect them worse when there's no money left to take and the prissy little bitches will have to dirty their soft skinned hands and do the actual work to maintain and protect their physical existence while the rest of us are desperate enough to kill and steal to feed our children. All because we worked hard and honest yet haven't got a pot to piss in because of all our honesty.

If that ain't hard and honest enough for you then you must be one of them because the person who usually acuses others of not knowing hard labor...usually has never seen it themselves.

Here's my saying....Author "Revealation"......

........... The accusers never do the work but always have dirty hands................

edit on 16/3/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

originally posted by post by hp1229

Not everything is about money. Do you think money is everything? I would rather have a decent job paying decent wages for my hard work until I retire. Hard work never killed anybody but it seems you do not want to take a chance
I never believed in Get Rich Overnight schemes. I would rather strike it big on my own with hard work and dedication with a quality and value added product.

Just so you know I bust my back daily roofing. I live pay check to pay check and always have because "I work hard and am an honest man."
Maybe it's not hard enough for you but I have my hands full..

edit on 16/3/2011 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

Well you're not the only one. We all work hard and it our duty to be a provider and a caretaker. I'm sure every job has its own challenges (monotony, fatigue, physical stress, health hazard etc etc). I have 2 kids and a wife and also supported my parents by putting a roof above their head in a different state. One doesn't have to think about those things but just do it. I dont go around feeling sorry for myself and look for ways to make a quick buck.

I'm a father, son, husband, friend, cousin etc etc and I have earned my living too by working multiple jobs (grocery store clerk, janitor, factory assemblyman, lathe machine operator, hydraulic press operator lifting heavy oily metal sheets, pizza delivery, sales person, laborer at construction sites) and many odd jobs that I can't even remember all this while attending college part time and getting a degree to make a better living. I had absolutely no social life to speak off. I paid for my own college and didnt ask a dime to the Government or my Parents as they couldn't support. I didnt feel bad. I rolled up my sleeve and went for the dream.

I dont regret a single bit of it. It only builds a better character. Even despite feeling left behind (as it took me 6 years to complete studies part time) when it comes to life in general (as other friends already had a house and a good job), I do not look for ways to make money at other people's misery.

I'm sure there are rules and regulations and ethics that you must be following in the roofing industry. Similarly there are rules and regulations and ETHICS that a GOOD businessman must follow to be truely successful. Temporary contracts and money might seem like a good idea but long term contract and profits should be the goal which can be attained if only approached with Dignity and Ethics. Do you think the Japs are dumb to sign a contract and start buying goods and services from US just because they're facing a natural disaster?

Just because the politician's ways are crooked, doesn't mean we should follow them too.

Bottom line is 'Always Do The Right Thing'.

BTW..sorry about the long running sentences.

edit on 16-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit/add content

edit on 16-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content.

edit on 16-3-2011 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 16-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

LOL, I never insinuated you or millions others don't work hard, It's just that you stated I don't want to take a chance at work, and i'm not sure where you got the idea that I don't work which is why I posted. I think you may have misinterpreted my original post. I wasn't suggesting or saying that I do corrupt things for money. I do do the right thing because of the morals i was brought up with along with my beliefs in my heart.

I'm just trying to point out how some people act as though their so appalled by the Op's point as if the same thing isn't going on around them everyday in their daily lives or how they wouldn't take the oppurtunity if they could.Plus the fact that they voted people into office who've done worse. That's just how some people get down. Doesn't make it right or morally correct but it's an oppurtunity and many take it.If oppurtunity knocks people open the door. As long as I don't hurt anyone from my actions, I may one day answer the door too.

I don't regret anything either as you're totally correct. It does build character and that's what I teach my kids everyday. I teach them from all my mistakes to make them better people as we should (as responsible parents) equip our children with the propper tools to give them the best advantage at a decent life.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
reply to post by hp1229

I'm just trying to point out how some people act as though their so appalled by the Op's point as if the same thing isn't going on around them everyday in their daily lives or how they wouldn't take the oppurtunity if they could.

True. I'm sure there are hypocrits in the world. However I always teach my kids to do the riight thing and what they should be doing instead of watching others and wonder what others are doing. The world is made up of all kinds of people. It is easy to go with the flow and chose the easy path most of the time as you know it but difficult to go against.

Plus the fact that they voted people into office who've done worse.
Well it is not the voters fault. The fault lies with the one's in the office who deceived the voters and backed out on their promises. Bunch of us at work always discuss about this and say that we should remain in the same position 'Bent Over' as it doesnt matter which party wins (Dems or Republicans). Middle class has always been the struggling one.

edit on 17-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Clearly very few got the point of this thread and decided to offer any useful input. Regardless of if you wished something did or didn't happen, the fact of the matter is it already did and there is nothing you can do to change it. The world keeps spinning and people still need to take a sh*t and wipe their *ss from time to time. If Japan made all the toiletpaper, the demand for toilet paper would still exist tomorrow regardless of if you care that a natural disaster struck Japan and to further the point you would be up in arms if you couldnt go to walmart and pick up a new package of TP when you ran out.

YOU complain about "TPTB" and "The Elites" running the world... That could be you and you wouldn't even need to compromise your beleifs -- you would just need to think outside the box little. A valid answer to my "think tank question" would have been to establish a non-profit to accept donations and help people in Japan to cope with the trajedgy that has just struck their country. The "fallout" (pardon the sick pun) is not something that is going to disappear overnight. I honestly thought maybe one person would come up with this one...

Instead most chose to shoot the messanger.

edit on 17-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlyingFaucers

YOU complain about "TPTB" and "The Elites" running the world...
edit on 17-3-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

Another ATS thread with respect to who is exploiting the event.

CURRENCY_INTERVENTION

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I really doubt that the United States is in the mood to start World War III...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
There are people in Washington and elsewhere that get paid to think like that. And guess what? they make all the money, they control all the money and they keep all the money from YOU. There is no doubt in my mind that the U.S. government and most likely other nations will benefit from the natural disaster that occurred in Japan.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

You posted on a public forum. You and what you say are open to ridicule. If you don't like then don't post. You spoke of exploiting this tragedy for personal financial gain. You then say you donated some money and that you help at charities to make yourself look good. If you truly did care, you wouldn't think about money making opportunities from this and you wouldn't mention what money you've given or the time spent at charities. You stink.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

Well that's just not true because I don't buy thing's that are made by slave hands, under paid workers or child labor. I don't care for the ipad or any of that junk. I don't care to have any products made in pakistan, china, south america or anywhere if the labor wasn't fair and if their pay wasn't fair. Don't put me in a box and assume. I live a very humble, simple life.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join