It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans and democrats, two wings of the same bird, and voting isn't gonna change the flight pat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I found this picture to be so true. I don't think our president or any other public government runs our country.
I think the people who run our country are not elected and have no term limit. The military industrial complex runs this country and our officials are for the most part figure heads used to keep the public happy and to deal with insignificant things that get a lot of attention[like gay marriage].

As you all know the Untied States is in major debt.... So we the people elect politicians who promise to make things better, who promise to lower our debt, and what do they do? They cut teachers jobs and bicker about government programs that don't even make a dent in our countries national deficit. Why? Because they can't even touch what actually does...

The United States has military bases all over the world, our admitted spending is out the roof, much less our black budge! Don't believe me? Do you believe Roosevelt?
"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people."
www.answerbag.com...

So why does the United Start wars, someones getting money from every bomb we drop on Iraq and Afghanistan, for every tank we have over there, for every plane we fly over there. Someone gets money for the oil our aircraft carriers burn every foot they travel, someone gets money for every... well you get it. Since our country is a capitalistic one they go virtually unchallenged, it's people like them who run this country, people with capital.

here are some links that can explain these things better than I.
anationbeguiled.com...
americasfailureiniraq.com...

sadly eisenhowers warning has been ignored

moral of this thread, our two party system is bull# it's us vs. them, voting does nothing because the people who run this country are not elected....

your thoughts?
edit on 14-3-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

edition.cnn.com...

poor auditing huh?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
www.sweetliberty.org...
Another interesting article

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
this is dumb... I put a fair amount of time into this thread

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Funny I have used the same expression for years trying to explain politics to people .I actually only used it the other day in a ATS post . The sooner people realize this the better .There is no such thing as the two party system .Two sides of the same coin (there you go gave you another one for good measure) .You will notice as they are nearing their goals they are coining a new expression .Bilateral / bipartisim party agreements to cover just how close they are as it starts to becomes obvious, eluding that it is just solidarity on the big issues.Thus dismissing the significants of what they are truely doing .

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Democrats
Republicans

'A plague on both your houses'
~ Mercutio

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Preaching to the choir here,Panda.The more ya point this out the more the masses bleat:"If you don't vote then you have no right to complain."
I think they use this cliche as a defense mechanism more than anything else.It's sad that people are willing to place their faith in a obvious scam.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Maybe start voting for independent candidates?

People who say there are only two parties on the ballot, have never voted.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Sad.
You are also falling for the trap, the dupe, the trick, ploy, the misconception, the smoke and mirrors.

This is as simple as I can make it for you. I am a simple person myself. Maybe too simple but we will let history decide.

There are wealthy people and there are poor people.

The wealthy people are comprised of....
Old Money
Monopolies
Bankers
Elite
Corporate Owners Executives and CEO
People who make over 100G a year.
The Military Industrial Complex

These folks are represented by the GOP, by the Republicans.

The poor people are comprised of....
40 hour a week workers
40-80 hour a week workers without overtime
Employees
Minorities
The middle class

These folks may not necessarily be adequately and successfully represented by Democrats and Independents but they ARE NOT REPRESENTED BY THE GOP.

THE GOP exists to serve the wealthy business owner/exec and functions EXPRESSLY AND WITHOUT CONSCIOUS to limit the rights, benefits and well being of this section of the population and increase the production coming from the bottom segment in the workforce. About 3/4 of the nation.
They are in existence to make the rich get richer and they are doing their job very well.

The other two parties are standing there useless...Which way did he go? Which way did he go?

Take the bag off your head and the wool from around your eyes. Unless you are trying to help them succeed. There are a great many with vested interests and so wish for this. None of them are among the poor or the middle class unless they are fooled as well.

edit on 14-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously

Preaching to the choir here,Panda.The more ya point this out the more the masses bleat:"If you don't vote then you have no right to complain."
I think they use this cliche as a defense mechanism more than anything else.It's sad that people are willing to place their faith in a obvious scam.

There is nothing sadder than that. And voting will not matter much in the future. The GOP - Republicans are in an all out effort to gain the Governorship of each State. With that they will oust elected officials and do whatever the hell they want.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will have been blindsided by underestimating them and their ability to amass the wealth and power in one place and use it against an unsuspecting populace.

They only want you to think all politicians are the same and they are ALL screwing you.
That is just plain bull shlitz. There are honest politicians.
How else do you think the GOP/Republican scammers are going to get away with this grand deception of the highest order?

Unfortunately, even they are not prepared for what comes next.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-3-2011 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

What have I fallen for? It's us vs them... Sounds like were saying the same thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Nonsense. Nothing the politicians hate more than a large turnout. That means somebody is paying attention. And if you don't vote you do lose the right to complain. In fact, voting is just a start...what about some activism? What about trying to influence policy through the party? What about running yourself? It doesn't take a lot of dough to get yourself a platform that puts the other candidates under a microscope. And let's not forget...no matter what obligations a candidate has to lobbyists, donors, etc...they need to get elected or they're back to selling cars or real estate or whatever.

Politicians love this slacker 'votes don't matter' attitude and those who tell you not to get yer arse out and vote are shilling for them...whether they know it or not. Was it Stalin who called them 'useful idiots'?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Almost the same thing. It is us versus them but I will not let the Republican Party off the hook for it's criminal activity and by that I mean taking sides with industry, bankers and the elite at the expense and long term determent of the American people. They are SELLING us to foreign countries and anybody that wants a piece of us.

Republicans support the wealthiest 1% and that's it. End of story.

Why do you think they need to stage this takeover of the Governorships?

They cannot win with the ideas they have.

They are Anti-Human, Anti-Middle class and Anti-Poor
Other people WILL be elected (democrats, independents and even moderate republicans) and they plan to remove those people from power and take over using an "Our State is in a financial emergency" tactic.

Are you ready for a revolution?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You can waste time playing along with others who like to pretend their vote really counts but is it not odd how despite how often you vote the same agenda is followed regardless if it's a Liberal or Conservative government? huge voter turnout does not matter when either way you will be screwed over.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You can waste time playing along with others who like to pretend their vote really counts but is it not odd how despite how often you vote the same agenda is followed regardless if it's a Liberal or Conservative government? huge voter turnout does not matter when either way you will be screwed over.

Talking Canada? Liberal and Conservative visions of this country are dramatically...drastically...different.
Take note of the programs that the Tories canceled. If you don't vote, you have earned the obligation to Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform...and little else.

And huge voter turnout means people are paying attention...something none of the Bigs want.

top topics

join