It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**BREAKING** Japanesse officials tell residents in northern Japan to get to high ground

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
ok people REALLY!!
get your heads on straight and stop debating and arguing about religions!!
your like little children.. pay attention to the stuff that matters and stay on topic!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

kk thank you this is quite helpful to me i really do appreciate it

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I'm not on here all that much, but if you're in a pinch and need something translated, send me a U2U - I'll get an email with that and get back to you s soon as I can.

I applaud your caring nature..

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's normal to question faith or even lash out at God at times like these. Nobody wants to see people die. Well, most people. Being overwhelmed with feelings of doubt, fear or anger is just part of being human.

I don't for a second pretend to know what God's plan is for anyone; I have a hard enough time to understand God's plan for myself. One thing that I know in my heart is that in times of tragedy, we should be reaching out to each other with love and mercy. I believe that this is what God wants us to do.

So I will pray for the victims in Japan. You don't have to, and that's okay. I would simply urge anyone to show compassion to Japan in whatever way makes the most sense to them.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I pledge to stay on topic brother.

Here in south Florida people are clueless! If TSHTF today they would be on their own.

I have attempted my own little survey, and these people are literally clueless!

Just let me get out of here before it goes under the sea!!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieWoof

im in BC and most people here are pretty clueless to whats going on as well..
we just had a report on CBC talking about nuclear fallout in canada so im sure that will perk up some ears..
its crazy im the only one i know right now who is ready to pack up and head northeast.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Thanks for that info, Vox. My mom finally heard from her brother in Tokyo. He said things there were relatively "normal" ...considering...except for difficulties with telephone service. He had to travel to a friend's house because phone service to his apartment was disrupted. I was not there for the conversation so I couldn't ask for details. All he said was that he was okay where he was and had power, food, and pretty normal conditions. Of course my mom is elderly and has been seriously ill for some time, so I'm not sure if he would have let her know of any hardships or scary details. He certainly did not talk about the nuclear power plants with her.

I hope you stay safe.

As for everyone else and all this talk about God, some of the Japanese are Christians. Most members of my family who are Japanese did convert many years ago to Christianity from the pagan faith of their culture. But I would guess, from what I remember of my short visits there, most Japanese are not Christian. A lot are Buddhist or Shinto or agnostic or atheist. To those of you who are Christian, I ask, does this mean you are not going to pray for these people? That statement saying "I hope they know God" sounded kind of negative. I'm sorry, no, a lot of Japanese probably do not know God, at least not in the same way a traditional western minded Christian envisions God. In this case, then, I would ask, does God know us? I believe he does and will give his people, ALL of his people, the inner strength and resilience to get through the horrible things nature is throwing at us.

Neither a saint nor a sinner can safely play golf in a thunderstorm. Good things and bad things happen to the just and the unjust. That's just the way it goes. Earthquakes are not God's way of smiting the wicked. If the end truly is near, we are all going to have to bend over and kiss our butts goodbye. Today it is earthquakes and tsunamis in Japan...tomorrow possibly Yellowstone blows in the USA. So all the judging and finger pointing (not necessarily in this thread but elsewhere in this forum and on the web at large) and declarations that disaster struck because some country did this or that thing wrong in the eyes if God is just plain...goofy.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by onyx718
I further this motion and question if there is a god (and that is a HUGE if in my book) do you think he honesly gives a # about who lives, who dies? saints, sinners...whatever....does it LOOK like he cares?

my answer would be a big fat NO. But I don't believe in God...it's not logical without any cold hard solid physical proof to belive in a higher power lording over us sorry to offend if i have

Yes there is God, and the divine consciousness is within all of us.

God does not choose between us because God is supremely benevolent.

God does not control us because free will is a gift given to all.

God EXPECTS us to love and cherish each other just as God does us.

In this we have failed...

So, we get little wake up calls. They get louder. Still louder. And LOUDER until his voice can no longer be denied.

All we are expected to do is love one another. Instead, we eat till we die of obesity while starving our Brothers and Sisters in other parts of the world. We drink ourselves into oblivion numbed by our football and pretzels while we allow our governments to mercilessly destroy our Brothers and Sisters for the natural resources of this earth. We idolise tits and ass rather than the indomitable spirit of those who suffer while we turn a blind eye.

You think Japan has it bad? This is just getting started...

Repent.

Final Warning

These disasters are not catastrophes, they are opportunities for the world to come together in Brotherhood.

Step out of your coma.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 14-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: Fixed the stutter

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

thanks but no thanks...

glad your happy with your views, but please don't preach them on this thread.

some people want actual info updates and useful material brought here, not religious banter.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

people like you are the reason I've been avoiding ATS since the quake.

I'm done here./

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

stay please.. there are more of us!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by koots751
thanks but no thanks...

glad your happy with your views, but please don't preach them on this thread.

some people want actual info updates and useful material brought here, not religious banter.

Some people like to rubber neck at car wrecks as well. Others prefer to help the victims, find the cause, and educate people so that another wreck does not occur.

Share your info and updates. I'll share mine. Let the readers decide what is relevant to them.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I further this motion and question if there is a god (and that is a HUGE if in my book) do you think he honesly gives a # about who lives, who dies? saints, sinners...whatever....does it LOOK like he cares?

my answer would be a big fat NO. But I don't believe in God...it's not logical without any cold hard solid physical proof to belive in a higher power lording over us sorry to offend if i have

Yes there is God, and the divine consciousness is within all of us.

God does not choose between us because God is supremely benevolent.

God does not control us because free will is a gift given to all.

God EXPECTS us to love and cherish each other just as God does us.

In this we have failed...

So, we get little wake up calls. They get louder. Still louder. And LOUDER until his voice can no longer be denied.

All we are expected to do is love one another. Instead, we eat till we die of obesity while starving our Brothers and Sisters in other parts of the world. We drink ourselves into oblivion numbed by our football and pretzels while we allow our governments to mercilessly destroy our Brothers and Sisters for the natural resources of this earth. We idolise tits and ass rather than the indomitable spirit of those who suffer while we turn a blind eye.

You think Japan has it bad? This is just getting started...

Repent.

Final Warning

These disasters are not catastrophes, they are opportunities for the world to come together in Brotherhood.

Step out of your comma.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 14-3-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

i believe you mean coma....I don't think i'm capable of stepping out of a grammatical device

people are entitled to their beliefs. I was raised Irish Catholic, I went to catholic boarding school....that alone has beaten any scrap of "God Fearing Woman" out of me. I will not lay stock in a hypocritical faith.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

i believe you mean coma....I don't think i'm capable of stepping out of a grammatical device

people are entitled to their beliefs. I was raised Irish Catholic, I went to catholic boarding school....that alone has beaten any scrap of "God Fearing Woman" out of me. I will not lay stock in a hypocritical faith.

Oops, my index finger has a stuttering problem. Sorry

I do not blame you for stepping out of that den of serpents.

Love one another. That is all I am asking.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

In the time I've been at ATS I swear I have never seen anyone start a thread this way.

I guess it's getting to that point that it just dosn't matter that much anymore. WTF.

Any way, The only thing that could be worse, in this case of the whole country of Japan. Is if the land mass that is Japan, just sank beneath the waves. It seems it's almost that bad. What is it like, half the population is stranded? Nowhere to go ? No homes, no work, no food, no water. God help 'em. I was pretty bent at the Japaneese when I seen the threads a while back. Showing their traditional whale slaughter. Guess Posiedon
finally found a verdict. Seems almost like karma anyways. I'm just say'in noway was I this psst about it.
To many innocents.
edit on 14-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Originally posted by amatrine
reply to post by PoorFool

Maybe more people SHOULD be bringing God into this. Not to derail thread, but if you are going to knock down God, in a situation like this, I can not hold my tongue . The original poster was sincere, your post was just hateful.

What I believe does not matter, but lets not knock down peoples faith.

Well let me bring some logic in this thread.

If God exists, this wouldn't be happening.

And to be fair, if what is happening is "the will of God"...

Then of what use is praying?

You god is sick.

Actually this is happening because god exists to test your faith in him and you failed miserably. The people in japan are now in a better place. You think you'd rather be on this earth or in heaven. This tsunami was God's mercy to believers in Japan.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'd rather be alive than dead. Death is not merciful heaven or no heaven.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

I'd rather be alive than dead. Death is not merciful heaven or no heaven.

Are you really alive right now? Or are you in the matrix? Do you know the reality..

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Yes I am alive thank you.

Yes I do know reality also

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amadeus30

See here's the deal. Many skeptics act all like it's crazy when people think about high elevated places to go in a major flood yet when it happens then everyone does it. That's just what you do. It's like they are afraid of dealing with things. It's like they are mad because you are getting ready when they are not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join