It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love the idea of a powered suit!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If you have seen the iron man movie or at least read the comics you will really get into the concept of having powered battle armor that increases your strength and even having the option of adding weapons to it. Counties in Asia are all ready working on this technology. America had a "wearable robot" in the 1960's designed for the army to be used by the army corps of engineers. The most current design is being developed for the medical teams in japan I think. It is designed to assist medical personnel to carry patents that are to heavy for someone to lift alone. the U.S. Army Future Combat Systems is already working on designs for a combat armor power suit.
edit on 13-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
no links no pics pure spec i say

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I actually owned a set of these once....in FallOut3

Telsa armor, what a concept!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Flag for you sir!

I have created something similar to this idea. I have taken Titanium Armor ,Chest protector, and a Spine protector from Street and Dirtbike Riding apparel and added my own "electronics" It's powered by 12 Mini Lipo batteries placed throughout the armor.

It isn't very bullet proof but it's a lot of fun to wear when I'm out riding

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
there is no such thing outside of an autocad program in a government funded university lab somewhere...or the hyperactive imagination of a seventh grade videogame addict.

it will never be brought to fruition.

forget about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
there is no such thing outside of an autocad program in a government funded university lab somewhere...or the hyperactive imagination of a seventh grade videogame addict.

forget about it.

Really???

Mech suits are very real, they just havent been perfected yet....
www.dailytech.com...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by paranormal78

Starship Troopers, the book not the crummy movie, here we come!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

forget about it.

Really???

www.dailytech.com...

www.foxnews.com...

no. wrong. those are all fake.

you have been duped ... again.

sorry.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ok, so now we will have to learn how to kill one of these super armored soldiers too???

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

forget about it.

Really???

www.dailytech.com...

www.foxnews.com...

no. wrong. those are all fake.

you have been duped ... again.

sorry.

ok turbo.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yes there are people working on what is called an exoskeleton robotic suit. Raytheon has a 2nd generation exoskeleton robotic suit and it is not like Iron Man exactly but impressive none the less. Here is a link to a thread about Raytheons suit. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 13-3-2011 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2011 by I B Dazzlin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's common knowledge that exo-suits exist. Most in in prototype form, but they do exist none-the-less.

Being "common knowledge", I don't have to provide sources. If you don't realize that they exist, then you are ignorant by definition of common knowledge.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I personally like the mech idea below - I grew up with mechwarrior not iron man

edit on 13-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'd like a gundam in Full Metal Panic! ....that sh1t beat everything....(except Iron I guess)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by byteshertz

Interesting second video byteshertz. That thing looks pretty intimidating. Bit i just wish it wasn't so darn slow. That beast must use a ton of power to operate. The problem from what I understand with an armor battle suit is the power supply. This thing is heavy and looks like it goes half a foot an hour unless I am off. It looks like it would be good for demolition.Who built it?

edit on 14-3-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by I B Dazzlin

I like this idea of a strength enhancer suit. I would so get one if I could. The only problem is the power supply. It looks like you need it plugged in all the time. And even with a battery it would drain it's energy rather quickly. Have you ever seen that episode of Invader Zim where he gets a mech battle suit in the mail? It was cool but he kept having to plug the damn thing in a power outlet every couple of feet!
. I believe the episode was called the walk of doom.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Yeah I would love to have a suit like that but the power cord does suck. However Raytheon is working on improving the power system for the suit until they can get a buyer for it.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I hear that. I also would like to wish those guys good luck developing this power suit. And props to the U.S. Army. This suit should have more armor and a better, more practical power source before it gets used in the field.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Yeah it would be easy to put some body armor on it like the project grizzley body armor.

I doubt that they will put any armor on it as it is only being thought of as aiding workers in lifting and doing strenuous jobs. In the future though who knows there could be armored exoskeleton battle suits.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I half to admit that's the coolest real power armor suit I have seen that actually exists! Kind of reminds me of the Halo 3 O.D.S.T. suits they wore. It gives me hope for the people who want to use these things in combat. It's kind of like the delta 6 accelerator suit from the G.I. Joe movie. That mixed with an O.D.S.T. Armor suit. Good video

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join