It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Humans, We Are Alone in this world! No ETs/superbeings :-( So Sad...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Obviously there is no thought behind the op's replies.

Shame really.....
edit on 14-3-2011 by dodgygeeza because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by laymanskeptic
With these recent events (earthquakes and tsunamis), I'm starting to realize that benevolent alien beings here on earth do not exist!

Do they go flying around the world and shutting down nuclear silos? Nope, not true.

Do they want to prevent death and destruction? Nope, because they're not here and "they" don't exist.

It is just us, human beings :-(

There are no mutant superheroes, nor alien beings, nor any single fantasy group to save the day with big robots or a team of specially selected men with transforming costumes.

It's just us, we rely on ourselves.

This is the time for us to be more benevolent, to do good, to be more compassionate. Do not rely on aliens!

Do not rely on superstition! Mother Nature is brutal no matter how beautiful she may be! We are merely germs on her skin!

Put things into perspective: This is no time for aliens to keep hiding around flying secretly. The reality? They're not there!!!

This is the time we need help the most! Where are these supernatural fantastic beings??? Not there!

It's just us! Therefore we must better ourselves to the level of our fantasies! We must create big robots now! We must create anti-gravity now! We must create free-energy now! We must have superhuman thoughts and actions NOW!

Are we helping each other? YES! This is a good start!

We must defeat this sadness with human awesomeness!!!

No ETs! No secret projects! No magic! Just us, and our intelligence, and the goodness of our hearts!

Long live the love in our hearts!

Feels like realy fresh, honest and healthy air to me...-

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by laymanskeptic

There are no mutant superheroes, nor alien beings, nor any single fantasy group to save the day with big robots or a team of specially selected men with transforming costumes.
Of course there is nothing like that, but that has nothing to do with aliens. The mere presence of aliens doesn't demand their intervention. That would blow their secrecy, after all. Besides, I would confidently bet they think there are too many humans on this planet.

PS - there seems to be a lot of sly psychological word play in your post OP. I see through your scam.

edit on 14-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

You should have gone to Speck Savers!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

As for "If aliens are a non-factor, then cognitive economy tells us that assuming they exist is unnecessary." that is some really horrible butchering of those concepts. None the less you are right in the sense that Assuming Them To Exist IN CONTEXT OF THE JAPANESE EARTHQUAKE is INDEED unnecessary!!! Of course...by the same method of cognitive economy one can just as rationally, and logically assume that Assuming Them To NOT TO EXIST IN CONTEXT OF THE JAPANESE EARTHQUAKE IS UNNECESSARY!!!! LOL!!! You pretty much proved my point for me.....Thanks For That!

how many times do i have to tell people in this thread? I will not defend the logical soundness of the OP in its entirety because I wrote it in an emotional and frustrated state!

Japan experiences earthquake and tsunami, aliens did not appear, therefore no aliens... of course it does not follow! I was emotional, and the point of the OP is something else, read between the lines! a handful of people got the point of the OP, you and many others clearly did not!

Almost everyone in their single-mindedness took everything literally! The OP was rhetoric! i do not defend it's logical soundness.

HOWEVER (lol): aliens still do not exist!!! Because there is no concrete and irrefutable evidence that will prove their existence beyond reasonable doubt!

They are a non factor, not because they didnt show up in japan, but because there is no evidence that they are affecting human events!

Now...for your last point.....wow....Although I'm not sure how serious you were being with this last part, I'll address it anyway....Do I even have to bring up ASSUMPTIONS again?!? Dear Child...you are assuming that you understand the nature of their technology!!!! That takes one Super Large Pair of Very Irrational Gonads!!!! That actually impresses me a bit!!! I rarely hear such bold Assumptions!!! LOL!
edit on 14-3-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: Whoops said something slightly wrong...fixed it, though

Their technology is so simple it will blow your mind how simple it is, you should see the schematics. A bit of relativity and some quantu.... uh... no... wait... they don't exist...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
They are real and came a long time ago warning us [our leaders] repeatedly about all of these impending disasters. Instead of changing our ways they decided to rape them for technology and build bunkers to ride it out.

They are there, but they all said from the beginning we must save ourselves. We have done absolutely nothing to deserve being saved if you really want to go there. In fact, out very existence is pretty much "bad."

Although good and bad are earth terms, we are but a mere cancer to the earth. If we would stop raping our planet and go plant a tree, give something back, I guarantee we would see outside help. But why would we ever do that?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Well as of right now you are 100% correct. We have been unable to prove otherwise.Now I am one of the many skeptics that beleive we are not alone but who knows.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SamTGonzalez
Just because you haven't observed something yet does not mean it does not exist. It may not exist to YOU at the present time, but that doesn't mean that there is absolutely no existence or evidence of it. To think we are alone in the universe is an issue of the ego.

agreed,just because we cant see something does not mean it doesnt exist..Oxygen,we cant see touch taste or smell it but we know its there.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Not to be rude, but who are you to make these claims?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thill

With these recent events (earthquakes and tsunamis), I'm starting to realize that benevolent alien beings here on earth do not exist!

Of course they probably do not exist, because who said they are benevolent
I mean just because they did not wipe us out yet , has to mean that they are all" peace and love "? Let me ask you a question . What would a monkey say about the scientists that are performing observations and (sometimes) experiments on them in their own habitat (lets say some jungle deep in a third world country) ? Would they call those scientist benevolent or malevolent ? Would they be surprised if those same scientists did not prevent a massacre on their babies performed by a rival clan of monkeys (or any predator species for that matter). Would they be surprised if those same scientists did not prevent the collapse of their home trees by an earthquake or flooding

I mean why do aliens have to help out the human race in anything ? If I were an advanced species, I wold love to study another species in their natural habitat without interfering in the natural evolution cycle as much as possible. Of course you have to grab some specimens for lab study, but hey what is a few hundred/thousand compared to billions, who will notice, right
?
edit on 13/3/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

you may have a point. may be they're just scientists...

maybe they're amoral.

which makes them USELESS to us humans!

My question to you is this, why do they have to be useful for you to care of their existence? Why not, out of curiosity just accept the fact that they "could" be there. We really "know" nothing, why not discuss and debate the possiblity of UFO, IFO, ET, Roswell, ect without coming to a absolute answer? Oh because its not useful. Well the truth of the matter is, we dont know if its useful or not. They may be amoral, benevolent, or malevolent, and we will only benefit from not creating mental blocks, if/when they come.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BuddyMclean
Not to be rude, but who are you to make these claims?

Oh you're not being rude, that is a perfectly reasonable question.

But I cannot answer that.

All you need to know is that I can make the exact opposite claim (aliens are here on earth), and I will still be correct.

Your job is to find out how the magic happens.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Whose to say there isn't some type of prime directive for Aliens visiting our planet? I've read about UFO's disabling nuclear weapons (the electronics). But I've never heard about them disabling a Nuclear reactor. Also, what if this is these are the wake up calls we need as a species to stop fooling around with nuclear power as if it's safe.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by derst1988
My question to you is this, why do they have to be useful for you to care of their existence? Why not, out of curiosity just accept the fact that they "could" be there. We really "know" nothing, why not discuss and debate the possiblity of UFO, IFO, ET, Roswell, ect without coming to a absolute answer? Oh because its not useful. Well the truth of the matter is, we dont know if its useful or not. They may be amoral, benevolent, or malevolent, and we will only benefit from not creating mental blocks, if/when they come.

Sure we can throw away practicality, like pure scientific research right? Why not? That would be nice. But you won't see me in that group. Unless there's real money going around to buy radars, hi-def infrared cameras, long lenses, decent tripods, mobile labs, and a really big net so we can catch one. You also need to elbow your way around government, so you need some special types of people for that.

I await for their arrival. I have reserved a special house for them, with doors on all four sides.

The door that faces the west will never be locked, as i will pass through that door and greet them everyday with chicken casserole and donuts.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

A number of sane people have seen strange intelligent beings emerge from flying saucers. Therefore aliens may exist. Need I say more? Hopefully you can admit when you may be wrong now that I've told you about the sightings.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Sure we can throw away practicality, like pure scientific research right? Why not? That would be nice. But you won't see me in that group. Unless there's real money going around to buy radars, hi-def infrared cameras, long lenses, decent tripods, mobile labs, and a really big net so we can catch one. You also need to elbow your way around government, so you need some special types of people for that.

I await for their arrival. I have reserved a special house for them, with doors on all four sides.

The door that faces the west will never be locked, as i will pass through that door and greet them everyday with chicken casserole and donuts.

No, do not throw away practicality. Your fault is that practicality has become truth. There have been MANY things once thought to be the most practical or probable idea, only to be crumbled into a ball by the pressure of truth, destined for the trash can with a snippet in history books.

PS. I shouldnt even touch on the ideas about the house and doughnuts. Not only are they sorta nonsensical, they also take away from the topic at hand.
edit on 14-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
OP based her argument that there is a disaster in Japan but no aliens helped therefore aliens do not exist. She is thinking that there are no other reason why the aliens will not help in this case. For all we know, the aliens helped but only up to the extent that they are allowed to. Earth is still a free will zone and hence there is only so much that they can do. They still have to let things happen here on earth. The only thing I read that they will not allow is nuclear detonation. No more nukes!

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by civilchallenger

A number of sane people have seen strange intelligent beings emerge from flying saucers. Therefore aliens may exist. Need I say more? Hopefully you can admit when you may be wrong now that I've told you about the sightings.

Care to expound on the precise scenario? Who saw it and what are their names? Where did they see it? Was the craft flying or on the ground? What is the shape of the port out of which the beings emerged? Were the beings wearing something? Are they anthropomorphic? Head to body ratio? Did they make any sounds? Were they injured? Is there a photograph? Independent witnesses? How did it react to the atmosphere? Temperature of the craft? Temperature of the beings? Any electrical anomalies? Gravitational anomalies?

Oh I don't know, are we asking enough questions? Are they being answered? In 2011 where cameras and tripods and other gadgets are cheap? Do we have hard numerical data to construct a plausible scenario?

What are the efforts being taken to date to verify their existence?

Or are we just sitting around talking about them?

Describe to me the methodology one needs to use to verify that physical extraterrestrial intelligent beings exist here on earth.

Any UFO/alien believers here care to expound on the methods?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Just because something bad happens on Earth, doesn't mean their going to land on our soil, get out their ships and come to our rescue. It was a natural disaster....You think their going to grab humans off the planet everytime there is a tornado or a blizzard? Your thinking on one side here.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

No, do not throw away practicality. Your fault is that practicality has become truth. There have been MANY things once thought to be the most practical or probable idea, only to be crumbled into a ball by the pressure of truth, destined for the trash can with a snippet in history books.

PS. I shouldnt even touch on the ideas about the house and doughnuts. Not only are they sorta nonsensical, they also take away from the topic at hand.
edit on 14-3-2011 by derst1988 because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying impracticality is bad. I'm all for pure research. But at least show me methods that will produce hard data.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
while i dont think they are "here on earth" i do believe they are around. You cant say for certain that they are not here because they arent helping us. It could be against their nature to intervene in another species developement unless absolutely necessary for survival. or they could just be aholes

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join