It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical New Quake Could Mean Impending Disaster For Japan

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
So now a 5.9 (JMA says 6.1) hits as the activity appears to make its way further inland, indicated by the circled area:

I guess this makes my earlier question moot now. Though, I did notice, while following that site, that the interval between quakes was increasing. At least on that particular map. There were still quakes to the north of Sendai, but it seems to have disrupted the prior perceived 'flow' of aftershocks down towards Tokyo.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Noscible

Looks like the USGS is agreeing with JMA now and revised it up to 6.1 as well:

earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And still nothing. It was one and will remain one!

What is real and interesting is that there are localised swarms around Mexicali near tghe border and on the faultline a little bit like the swarms that appeared a few dyas before and within 20km of the big 8.9 off Japan

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Micro quakes continue on land to the south and west of Tokyo. You won't see them on USGS, as anything below 4.5 goes unreported. But you can see them on the JMA site.

In the meantime two quakes close to the plate boundaries south of Japan, further suggesting the Pacific plate is one angry mudda right about now, pushing the Philippine plate too:

The bigger one is a 6.0:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I know quakes happen all the time around plate boundaries, but considering the massive activity just north in Japan, I thought this was curious.

In addition, I picked up this and several other images like it, showing high amplitudes at very low frequencies from a station off the southeast coast of Japan:

Where the green meets the top blue line is 50 hz, so divide that by 5 (giving 10hz markers) to get a rough idea of what frequency range that falls in. Frequency is top to bottom, time is left to right. So the red is roughly from 0 to 20 hz.

I'd be glad to entertain opinions as to what this is exactly. Microseism, oceanic noise?
edit on Sun Mar 20th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

How does that signal comapre to a slow slip fault? I'm sure you thought of that already but after reading some of the stuff in westcoast's thread it's what lumped out at me.

If I am understanding correctly, high amplitude waves are indicative of large energy input. As far as the low frequency would that be related to the length of a fault line in motion or to the speed at which it is moving?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

How does that signal comapre to a slow slip fault? I'm sure you thought of that already but after reading some of the stuff in westcoast's thread it's what lumped out at me.

Well yeah, I suggested the possibility here in this post a page ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But not directly related to that spectrograph at the time. And that's why I am seeking further opinions on what exactly that is. And great observation, cause I think it might be a possibility. Ideally, it'd be nice to have a spectro of known slow-slip faulting so we could compare. And if there's one person that could find something like that around here...It would be... WOOF!

As far as the low frequency would that be related to the length of a fault line in motion or to the speed at which it is moving?

Both I think. But that's going to vary with the fault in question because of depth, composition, length, direction and characterization of slip, and hypocenter.

But we do know at this point that is one beast of a fault, and a grand canyon down there now. Bigger. Difficult to say how that might impact signatures and frequency content of the quakes. You can bet they are analyzing data like whoa right about now to help unlock the mysteries of this monster- and in the midst of that they have a mega canyon to deal with now that will create its own signatures. Probably too soon for any real answers.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
So it would seem some people are actually considering the greater implications of this large quake and the effect it may hvae in the future for a Tokya quake. I found it particularly interesting that the seismologists are reluctant to discuss the chnaces of such a quake.

"One curiosity is that Japanese researchers are currently very reluctant to talk on the issue"

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It seems this is getting more airtime. Even Yahoo! had an article today about the stresses adding up on the fault.

But last week's tremor changed the coastal landscape — and not just above sea-level. It created a trench in the sea floor 240 miles long (380 kilometers long) and 120 miles wide (190 kilometers wide) as one tectonic plate dove 30 feet (nine meters) beneath another, said Eric Fielding of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

While that relieved stress at the breaking point, it appears to have piled pressure onto adjacent segments, said Brian Atwater, a geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey.

That added strain could now trigger a strong, deadly aftershock on Tokyo's doorstep.

"We believe ... the faults which bound the fragment were brought closer to failure by the magnitude-9 quake," Ross said.

Source

They emphasize the "probably won't happen" more than once in the article. It is nice to know that they are watching and calculating the possibilities, however.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I was waiting on someone to discuss this. I am glad to see that you beat me to the punch line. This is what I have researched regarding this matter.

I feel that there might be a cover-up, so grave, and so massive; that if it is not told about that it will result in millions of lives lost. I feel that this information is too important to just sit by and wait. I have been monitoring earthquakes since the big one hit Japan. When the earthquake went off I feel that it started a chain reaction. This is my theory and I hope I am wrong. I have been monitoring many sits and gained a lot of information about what is occurring in Japan. We have to first look at how Japan was created.

According to refernce.com Japan was formed by volcanoes and earthquake.

Underwater the sea is separated into the Japan Basin to the north, the Yamato Basin to the southeast, and the Tsushima Basin to the southwest. While a narrow continental shelf fringes Siberia and the Korean Peninsula, on the Japanese side of the sea there are wider continental shelves, as well as groups of banks, troughs, and basins lying offshore. The banks lying off the coasts of Japan are divided into groups, which include Okujiri Ridge, Sado Ridge, Hakusan Banks, Wakasa Ridge, and Oki Ridge.
(www.history.com...)

Japan sits near one of the deepest trenches in the world. “Japan Trench, deep submarine trench lying east of the Japanese islands, in the floor of the western North Pacific Ocean. It is one of a series of depressions stretching south from the Kuril Trench and the Bonin Trench to the Mariana Trench. The 27,929-foot (8,513-metre) Tuscarora Deep (north) was once considered the deepest point in the world (subsequently found to be in the Mariana Trench).
(www.britannica.com...)

Here is a picture of the ocean shelf that Japan sits on. As you can see to the right of Japan is one of the deepest trenches in the world. Japan sits right next to the ocean shelf and also sits on the Kurile Arc, Northeast Honshu Arc, Izu-Bonin Arc, and Ryokyu Arc. Japan is also located next to the Ring of Fire that is now highly active. This is where the earthquake in California will be set off. All these earthquakes have been going off on the Near East Coast of Honshu, Japan.

Now I will get into the data that will show my hypothesis. This information was first presented to me by dutchsinse on youtube. I do not promote people’s channels; unless I feel that they have all their facts. This guy has been conducting extensive research regarding earthquakes around the world. His youtube link is
www.youtube.com...

Here is an image that shows all the earthquake activity within the last seven days in Japan. I couldn’t get all the earthquakes into my screenshot; but, at least it gives a good picture about how many are occurring within a short period of time. Most of the earthquakes have been ranging between 4.0 – 6.0. The depths of these earthquakes vary. By there being so many earthquakes in such a short period of time I believe that the shelf underneath Japan is cracking.

www.intellicast.com... - click on the earthquake link at the top of the page.

That is why I believe that this map will be what the US Navy predicted. This is not because of the New Madrid fault; but, because Part of Japan falls into the pacific creating a tsunami so massive that it goes hundreds of miles inland.

If this happens it could activate the New Madrid Fault as well. It does not matter it it is created by man or God we must understand what is occurring and determine how to deal with it. It is starting to become more evident that something bigger is at play than what people realize that is the reason that the elites or heading to their underground bunkers.
______beforeitsnews/story/484/574/Elites_Heading_for_Fall_Out_Shelters.html

That is the reason that Japan’s grounds are cracking.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com... – Watch from 3:20 till the end.

www.youtube.com...

I believe that by Japan’s shelf cracking this created the whirlpool affect that so many people saw on TV. www.youtube.com...

Whirlpool is a circular current of water with a depression in its center into which objects may be drawn and sucked down. A small whirlpool is sometimes called an eddy. A whirlpool is formed when an obstruction hinders the normal flow of a current or when water is stirred, such as when an oar is pulled through it.
. (geography.howstuffworks.com...)

I hope that people at least take this situation in consideration due to what is going on in this world.
Everyone have a good day and there are thing’s that we can’t control. All that we can do is prepare and pray.

edit on 21-3-2011 by jmr1982 because: links were not working

edit on 21-3-2011 by jmr1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jmr1982

While your info was probably informative, all of your youtube links gave the error "The URL contained a malformed video ID.
Sorry about that."

And the first external image link went to Intellicast Interactive Weather website.

Just a little heads up.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

When I click on the links they worked fine. I could not get the video to post right. All that a person has to do is research to see how many earthquake have been going off on the east side of Japan around their ocean shelf that Japan sits on. This proves that the shelf is cracking and Japan will fall into the Pacific Ocean creating a massive tsunami.

That is where this map will come into play.
www.google.com...://i54.tinypic.com/11qmxp4.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread663812/pg157&usg=__ILIl-S55 kJOdVzhWEXB6B_GXybA=&h=342&w=460&sz=31&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=frk2nQh1TGcNNM:&tbnh=121&tbnw=162&ei=6aCHTYCFKILAtgeZ6-TVBA&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dnorth %2Bamerica%2Bflood%2Bmap%2Bnavy%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1405%26bih%3D687%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=270&vpy=220&dur=1433&hovh=194&hovw= 260&tx=137&ty=103&oei=6aCHTYCFKILAtgeZ6-TVBA&page=1&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:8,s:0

Here are all the links:

www.google.com...://elainemeinelsupkis.typepad.com/energy_news/images/2007/07/18/japan_nuclear_reactors_2.jpg&imgrefurl=http:// elainemeinelsupkis.typepad.com/energy_news/2007/07/index.html&h=516&w=475&sz=90&tbnid=gwVTLf-70nH84M:&tbnh=131&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Djapan%2Bfau lt%2Blines&zoom=1&q=japan+fault+lines&hl=en&usg=__Dw4nocmTG4JuqTNmTCcRysqEXtE=&sa=X&ei=ueKGTYXlGYzBtgfH_LWxBA&ved=0CFYQ9QEwCA

earthquake.usgs.gov...
earthquake.usgs.gov...
aslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
www.intellicast.com... - you have to click on the earthquake link in the quick pick section.

www.emsc-csem.org...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com... – Watch from 3:20 till the end.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Anyone else experiencing problems seeing IRIS global visual monitor today? Been trying all day and can't get it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Managed to get it but not loading all that well. I Think it gives a better indication what's going on worldwide at a glance. Very quiet activity wise today from what I can see. Eerily quiet in fact. Does anyone think that pressure might be building somewhere for something major?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All links worked fine for me.
I suppose if they do have strong calculations that all this is a possiblity, they don't want to make it public for fear of panic and the fact that this stuff takes a long time to calculate over and over again and then its still does not make it factual. There are alot of predictions out there. When your talking something of this magnitude, ya don't wanna be playing the little chicken game. Then people will won't believe you when you really know somethings gonna happen. Ya know?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Earthquake Prediction 2011 Jim Berkland - A Major Earthquake in North America Imminent

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I just saw a 4.6 at the volcano islands in japan tues mar.22 what does this mean?...Is the volcano gonna erupt?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
omg Japan just had 2 more 6.6 quakes.....Are these close to the one plate you said would be bad?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Very active once again off east coast Honshu area. (2) 6.6s and a 6.4. I hope this isn.t another pattern forming as those people have had enough. This area needs to be watched closely today. Semi random at the moment. However a bit closer together than previous days.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarLightStarBright2
omg Japan just had 2 more 6.6 quakes.....Are these close to the one plate you said would be bad?

No, these latest quakes occurred in the active area, although one of those 6.6's hit right on the active area subduction zone. The only other one that big to hit on the line was a 7+ early on in the sequence after the 9.1.

If you look no further, it is just an aftershock, and one within the expected magnitude range. I said very early on, this could take days, weeks or years to manifest. But the southern subduction zone has spoken and reacted to the activity. There is just no telling when it will go.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Northern east great portion land of japan will sink if the aftershocks/earthquakes continuous in the northern east/EQ activity area as below stated:

Japan EQ map

The Earth will be " broken " due to Japan sank as predicted by Cayce: World Wide Earthquakes;

"The Earth will be broken up in the western portion of America. The greater portion of Japan must go into the sea. The upper portion of Europe will be changed as in the twinkling of an eye. Land will appear off the east coast of America. When there is the first breaking up of some conditions in the South Sea and those as apparent in the sinking or rising of that that's almost opposite same, or in the Mediterranean, and the Etna area, then we many know it has begun... Link: source

ATS folks...this is not fear monger...
........ OP any thought for this???
edit on 22-3-2011 by leeangqi because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join