It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Nuclear Meltdown Under Way

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I wanted to post a thread to help provide awareness to what may be happening. The main stream media is downplaying the current severity of the issue and by the time they release the news it may be hard to prepare because of the masses running to the store to stock up on iodine and supplies. check out the information provided below and if you have other helpful information please don't hesitate to provide it. Please prepare just incase.

Article
Second Nuclear Meltdown Under Way!

A partial meltdown was likely under way at a second quake-stricken nuclear reactor, Japan's top government spokesman said Sunday as operators frantically tried to halt a similar threat at a nearby reactor.
Fuel rods were briefly exposed and radiation levels briefly rose above the legal limit at the second reactor Sunday, said Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano.
A partial meltdown in the unit is "highly possible," he told reporters. "Because it's inside the reactor, we cannot directly check it but we are taking measures on the assumption of the possible partial meltdown."

Radiation Detector Website

Current Jetstream

Detailed Jetstream

Some Solutions----

edit on 13-3-2011 by Deja`Vu because: changed title to appease atsers

edit on 13-3-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

From what I've heard...that map is a HUGE hoax.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

How would a nuclear plant meltdown unfold?

Control rods are driven back down into the core upon emergency (if rods don’t make it all the way… trouble)
The coolant (water) could cease if backup systems fail (electricity, pumps, generators, batteries)
Reactor continues to produce heat
Numerous venting valve systems would release pressure above ~1,000 psi into containment vessel
Eventually the uranium fuel encasement metal will melt (2,200 deg F)
Radioactive contamination then released into the reactor vessel
Radiation escapes into an outer, concrete containment building
Radiation escapes into the environment.
Not only would such a disaster be horrible for the local region and Japan, but other countries, namely the U.S. would be effected next by airborne radiation particles, the magnitude of which is yet to be determined.

Why would the west coast USA be in danger?
The prevailing jet stream winds are blowing from Japan directly across the Pacific ocean to the west coast of the United States. Any airborne radiation would make its way across with the jet stream, reaching the U.S. in approximately 36 hours, depending on the actual speed of the jet.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MindSpin

If you watch the news from japan it is already happening

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Okay, so what are you basing your headline on?

Being a resident of the Washington State coastline, I am having a hard enough time determining things without this type of stuff to wade through.

The article you linked says NOTHING about nuclear fallout heading for the US.

The map you have provided has been questioned since its arrival with absolutely nothing officiall to back it up.

Our State has been monitoring the air for radiation and nothing has been detected.

There is no evidence that the containment shields have been breached.....

Do we need to be vigilant and plan for the worse, even though it doesn't seem likely? Yes.

Do we need to freak out and scare everyone? NO.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Mind Spin is right, that map is a hoax created on 4CHAN

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

So then what will the path of the fallout actually look like? Are there any easy to read legit maps like that?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Okay, I'm tired of all the conflicting info on this, dang it! I've checked out several of these threads and googled it, but there are equally as many reports saying it's a danger as there are saying it's not! What am I supposed to believe? Too much conflict with every page.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
In the second video that guy says that Oxygen Burns?
Not the last time I checked.
It facillitates the burning process but it can't be ignited.
It is not flammible.
I used to work in the O2 field. I would hold a lighter up to and O2 tank and turn on the regulator.
NOTHING!
ohhh, and someone needs to tell this guy that it is the fuel vapors that ignite in the cylender of an engine, not the Oxygen.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

This is why I am starting to think ATS is a very poor place to get accurate news/information.

At this point, I think I'd rather just watch the MSM to get fairly accurate limited information, rather than getting flooded with 100% inaccurate overload of information.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I wasn't aware the map was a hoax but the threat is there based on 2 reactors melting down.

link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

So then what will the path of the fallout actually look like? Are there any easy to read legit maps like that?

I havent found one. The various agencies that are qualified to make this statement are still gathering data. This situation is unprecedented.No one quite knows whats going to happen.

link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Although I think the situation in Japan is extremely dire,wouldn't most of the harmful radiation be dissipated by the time it reaches the U.S. due to time, distance,winds,etc?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deja`Vu

I wasn't aware the map was a hoax but the threat is there based on 2 reactors melting down.

There is definitely a possibility of something, but this map is definitely false information. Trust me, I live in oregon. I am watching for an official statement on it.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Jennybee.....I hear ya. If you carefully read through statments and then follow the links, you will find that there is absolutely no proof that containment has been breached.

The Iodine and cesium detected locally is from the intentional venting they were doing.

They have been adding seawater and other components to dilute and stop the chain reaction.

I certainly wouldn't want to be whithin 100 miles of that location, but for us on the West Coast...even if there were a moderate release I have read credible sources that say by the time it reached us it would be very diluted and have little to no impact.

NOW....if those reactors start exploding and there is an obvious breach, start taking those iodine pills that you should already have on order. I am preparing for the worst but not expecting it.

There is no reason to panic right now.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
HOAX CONFIRMED!

PROOF Source

Mods please close/move thread to hoax forum.

~the Doc

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Although I think the situation in Japan is extremely dire,wouldn't most of the harmful radiation be dissipated by the time it reaches the U.S. due to time, distance,winds,etc?

That is what I would think.

But I'll wait to here from experts...and not freak out or base my information on random ATS information.

link   
I think its something to watch for, but really nothing to be worried about.

link   

Originally posted by MindSpin
reply to post by Deja`Vu

From what I've heard...that map is a HUGE hoax.

Agreed....looks suspiciously bogus to me too.

Then again....looking at that jetstream animation. Hmmm.
edit on 13-3-2011 by walltofloor because: missed a video link

edit on 13-3-2011 by walltofloor because: spelling error

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
reply to post by Deja`Vu

Yes, it probably would.. depending on the levels I think. At least for now, this is a sensationalist thread. Now is not the time to panic, people. If there were one or two full reactor meltdowns with explosions, then I would start to worry. Until then, quietly prepare just in case. But panic? No.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join