It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help!!!!! my hotmail acount was hacked and password changed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
well my hotmail account was hacked and the password and security question were changed. ive contacted hotmail over 11 times now filled out everything they have asked even gave them a list of what was in my inbox all my personel data..i.e screen name who is on my freind lists.. and they still saying they cant change the password back for me anyone know anything i can do? i would just make a new 1 but have some important stuff in that account all help would be greatfull thnx

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Hmmm...well, it seems you're pretty screwed if they wont do anything even after you've supplied them all that data. What I would do is write them a some what lengthy message asking what else they could possibly require from you to get it back and how important the account and the information it contains is. At least tell them to lock the account and ask them to get the hacker to confirm his identity, which he should obviously not be able to do as well as you.

EDIT: And also change all your passwords on every single other website you visit NOW.

EDIT: Oh wait, you'll probably need your email (make a temp one if you haven't already) to reset the passwords, so that may be a problem. If you can first change the email then the password do that.

edit on 12-3-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by papathetata

Ouch,,,Why not just create a new account. Start all over. On the bright side,,,you are now free.

Just be damn sure you are more careful next time. Never put all your eggs in one basket.

Lastly, pay the annual fee and keep your Antivirus Intel up to date.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

pay the annual fee
What annual fee? For anti-virus software? If you're running windows I highly recommend Avira AntiVir personal edition, it has proven to be more effective than paid software time and time again. Along with some decent firewall software and web browser security add-ons, you're computer will rarely get infected or hacked.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by papathetata

Buddy! Try to register your cell phone number into your account (yea I didn't like it either) to reset your password!
This happened to me recently but I got it back with the cellphone route.

When you try to log in it should give you the option to give your cell in for it to give you a "reset" number on your phone.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
thanks for all the advice ive made a temp e-mail addy changed every password to everything now and went nutz at hotmail offering them dna lol well im goint to try that phone one when i get the gf.s fone off her as i cant stand the things and once again thank you

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I kow this is getting off topic slighly but when i opened up an email account I deliberity gave false home line phone number in case they sell it or otherwise pass it on. but when the account comes up its got the correct number.

Any ideas on how this happens?
thanks

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I normally suggest Microsoft security essentials and Comodo (free) firewall, each to their own of course.

To the OP, how do ya reckon the 'hacker' got the passwords? Physical access to your computer is usually the obvious route - I've helped several people get access to email accounts that way (all for legit reasons) the doozy is where they have the browsers save the passwords

Other than that, have a good look at password strategies - google will give you plenty, I typically go for 3 or 4 'levels of security ranging from passwords that I don't mind sharing or using on very insecure places to specific passwords that only get used for a single purpose and are very secure - In fact I cannot actually remember some passwords, I actually have to spend 30 seconds doing a bit of mental maths to work it out! - Try and get that baby out of me under torture!

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Comodo
I would say Comodo Firewall is just about the best free firewall available, but I wouldn't rely on any anti-virus software made by Microsoft.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
well everything i use that needs password has an individual password now and each of them are pretty solid im not sure how they got my password nobody but me n the missus use the computer she uses it for facebook and i use it for ats. easports.youtube the usuall crap am looking into decent systems for protecting my comp now thnx

top topics

join