It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

catching the attention of a ufo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I was thinking earlier today about how a ufo would never be interested in your average person just watching the sky. This started to get the ball roling and iv'e been trying to think of way's and things that could possibly catch the eye of some ufo cruising around. I want to hear your idea's it can be anything from homemade giant petroglyph's to magnetic radiation or even light show's with laser's and all. let's get some creative ideas people who knows maybe one day some average joe might hail in a ufo taxi cab playing around with the ideas we put forth.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
the guide never fails
sorry had to be said

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

just stick your thumb out,,,, and smile..

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I've thought about this a thousand times over... but never have i at down and made an attempt at actual thought...

but during my ramblings i've thought that a powerful ultraviolet light beamed into the night sky would get some attention... add infrared red too for added effect...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
love hitchhikers guide to the galaxy some of the best books ive ever read. sitting hear listening to music im wondering if sound could do it like frequencies we can or cant hear being played etremely loud towards the sky. heck maybe theyd like some music too.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Shoot at it or flip it off

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
A high-powered laser (I dunno maybe a 200mw), in the high plains desert of Arizona.
edit on 11-3-2011 by TheyWontBelieveU because: space

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was just thinking how does an ant get my attention? By biting me. So maybe a pop shot would work..
of course I usually squish it...

You could go old school like the Nazca or try a Henge or field of Wheat?
If I had a laser in my hand and saw a UFO I'd probably point it at the thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have worked on this many times. In late 2001 I viewed my first WTF in the sky and it sparked my interest. So I have read and watched many things to inspire me.

I did the "south of the border" technique use high power flashlights/lasers and meditate on the stars.
Also the MDT and Native American inspired tecs, like sweat lodge.
Done the I wish upon start to take me away like the maidens of American and Chinese lore. (although I'm a guy, not looking for an anal probe, but I guess a ride for a ride heheh.)

What I think might work is being in or on a high energy line (lay line) and doing something that you enjoy. Song an dace around a huge fire/light, smoking some herbals with the native peoples while wishing upon a star!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
maybe if i faked a ufo crash and had debri and put together something that looked like part of a burning disk with fake bodies and all. but thatd probably just attract military and i wouldnt want to have to explain that.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by subliminalsubconcious

Everyone is an experiencer/abductee wihtout being aware of it. Every one of us counts very much, all consciousness.

You don't catch the attention of a UFO, we're all observed all the time, and our thoughts recorded. If you see one you were meant to. Also if you see one, more has happened, but chances are you won't remember.

Of course I'm talking beyond black ops and dumbs. Real Ets.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

ive seen one before just once and i was with four other people and we all knew without a doubt that this thing was otherwordly. really though i just want to get that chance again.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I guess you're saying if a UFO landed near you, you would run up to it and start banging on the sides to be let in?

Personally I would be running in the other direction so as to not be taken and experimented on with drills and needles with no anesthesia.

You may say "Well they aren't all like that". Well, yeah....maybe. Probably are.

The best thing to do is keep hidden and NOT to bring attention upon yourself.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I wouldn't go as far as to aim lasers upwards, because you don't want to unintentionally zing somebody in the eye when they're flying an aircraft.

A bright, but short of blinding light is what is needed. Thus an array of LEDs might be interesting. Combined with some kind of directional radio emitter with a wider and broader reach, it may be more interesting.

I was thinking of something that counts a repeating upward sequence in binary and uses the colors of the spectrum and a stepped range of frequencies as base-2 placeholders would provide a fairly unique signal. It says something about mathematics, but doesn't quite tend to blend in with normal communications between each other on this planet. So if you can get something like 1m wide panel arrays of LEDs for ROYGBIV (possibly IR and UV too) and then upward pointed "cantenna" emitters also pulsing in a similar harmonic frequency stepped pattern as compared to the colors - but in radio... (I wouldn't be so interested in a narrow beam for the radio, but since so many other things use it - such a rig may interfere with other things and attract unwanted non-alien attention. Thus the can-style reflectors for a narrow upward beam.)

And then you count in binary with red being 2^0, orange being 2^1, yellow being 2^2, etc... The values proceed in the same order that the spectrum frequencies do.

I can't honestly say that it would work, but just a scheme that I'd roll with. That old Close Encounters movie seems to be sort of close... But this is a less musical and showy and more mathematical variation of that. But since it's just counting, it's much more basic than Pi or the Fibonacci Sequence - but since it's binary - nature doesn't do that either. It's definitely an artificial signal meant to get attention. (Now if somebody shows interest or starts trying to copy or reply to the signal, then I'd breakout from the repeat count and try some other mathematical numbers or various proofs that can be represented by various simple operations.)

Of course most people will settle for blinking a basic ol' flashlight around at the night sky. I suppose that's still better than nothing. And with LEDs the modern flashlights last much longer than the ones I used to do that with as a kid.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by subliminalsubconcious
I was thinking earlier today about how a ufo would never be interested in your average person just watching the sky. This started to get the ball roling and iv'e been trying to think of way's and things that could possibly catch the eye of some ufo cruising around. I want to hear your idea's it can be anything from homemade giant petroglyph's to magnetic radiation or even light show's with laser's and all. let's get some creative ideas people who knows maybe one day some average joe might hail in a ufo taxi cab playing around with the ideas we put forth.

I still have some thoughts that most UFO's may be a naturally occuring phenomenom and not intelligently controlled - so that would rule out interaction. But if you mean an Alien spaceship I think a laser pointer or flood light is the best bet.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

haha definite no on the probing and experiments. I was more or less hoping to get a ufo's attention in the way of them showing themselves or responding in some way. if they responded by landing i would walk up in peace and hope i didnt get probed. for the most part though it seems like they block the abduction memories so if that happened i just wouldnt go and have hypnotic recall done.

new topics

top topics

join