It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minamisoma, Japan 71,000 People dead?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I heard some chatter very recently that the Town of Minamisoma, Japan with a population of 71,000 people was swept away in the Tsunami… No survivors are expected
I cannot find any news stories or anything to back this up… but apparently that’s the latest rumor…

…and since ATS is home to some of the greatest debunkers and rumor killers of all time… what say you? Is this horrible rumor true?!

I know there is other threads on here about Japan and the Quake… but I cant find any info regarding this town on them…

I think this town does deserve its own article… 71,000 that’s a lot of people…

I hope this is false

...my heart goes out to them

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Please let this be just a rumor, but it may be plausible. All that water was just horrific with no where to run or hide. I'm sure the body count will sadly rise.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Chances are it's true. The final death toll will be huge.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This has to be a rumor. If that many were lost, it would be huge news. Where did you hear this rumor, from?

ETA: only news on this town that I can find is that approx. 1,800 homes have been destroyed.
edit on 11-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I have been wondering about that as well since I first saw someone talk about it here.
I Know it's early on for them in this, but doesn't the death toll seem low for a disaster this size?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I saw helicopter footage of the town with translated audio/ The reporter in the heli was saying they were looking very hard for survivors but hadnt seen any. You could see bare foundations of many homes/buildings and a few structures standing that appeared to be on ridges or hills. This was on CNN and was supposedly of Minamisoma

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wiki says in 2008, the city has an estimated population of 71,296. Unless the whole town was swept away I think its just a rumor.

According to this www.breitbart.com...

About 1,800 houses were destroyed in Minamisoma, Fukushima Prefecture, on the Pacific coast following a magnitude 8.8 earthquake that hit northern Japan on Friday, the Defense Ministry said.

Also from www.jw-archive.org...

7:20PM "Minamisoma is gone. Totally gone. A city of 70,000 and no sign of life at all.”

edit on 11-3-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Japan has tsunami evacuation warnings so I'm sure at least part of the town evacuated to higher ground. Many also died too I imagine which is tragic, but unlikely that the entire town didn't evacuate.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i hope its just a rumor,can u imagine each person gasping and fighting for their breath while struggling with the impending doom of the synapse of lifes great drama,god help them,but honestly i think its the evil of h.a.a.r.p, ever notice the atrocities happening lately every week its something new,why isn't anyone dismantling the government, because we all know got damn well that they have their fingers in all diversions,wake up people!!!!!!!, stomp their #ing necks!!!!!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Heres some info I just found
www.smh.com.au...
The defence ministry said about 1800 homes in Minamisoma, Fukushima prefecture, were destroyed, while in Sendai authorities said 1200 houses were toppled by the tsunami.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Mods please delete
edit on 11-3-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by pirhanna

Yeah but wasn't the earthquake close enough to the point the tsunami hit in like 10-20minutes? I might just be misinformed

link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I hope 1800 homes is where the destruction stopped... thats horrible enough!!!!!

I heard this news from some friends of mine who have ears all over the place... they told me it was unconfirmed but plausible...

From what my friend(s) heard the entire town is gone... and the destruction is far worse than MSM is reporting it... Wish we could get someone from Japan on here to back up and hopefully debunk!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

The defence ministry said about 1800 homes in Minamisoma, Fukushima prefecture, were destroyed, while in Sendai authorities said 1200 houses were toppled by the tsunami.

Source

All I've found so far.

~Heff

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Last i heard the (known) total was about 1000, so if it was known that those people were dead, it would be wide spread.

I'm sure the total will increase, but I would say that Minamisoma is a rumor.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Anyone hear it on CNN?
My friend said they reported it bout 30 minutes ago

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
the video I saw

sorry couldnt embed
looks bad

yes I saw it on CNN as I stated in my earlier post above is the footage I saw
edit on 3/11/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Oh no.

I'm sorry, there is a band playing outside my window, I cannot hear the video.
Do we know if those people evacuated, or are just missing?
edit on 11-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Anyone remember a posting that talked about how the reptilians have large die offs of humans and that is their food and the people that die go unaccounted for. Also I thought it talked about a tsunami doing it one time.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoods724

aww jeez not this # again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join