Minamisoma, Japan 71,000 People dead?!?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

I believe the 9,500 is for a town Minamisanriku in Miyag, Iwate Prefecture.. The CNN report is the only one that shows two pictures from hilltop above Minamisoma, Fukushima Prefecture and the video where none of the 71,000 citizens were seen. Unless CNN is geting the names mixed up.

Minamisanriku (南三陸町, Minamisanriku-chō?) is a town located in Motoyoshi District, Miyagi, Japan. It has an area of 163.74 square kilometres (63.22 sq mi), and as of October 1, 2004 the population of the area was 19,170. (where the 9,500 are missing)

Minamisōma (南相馬市, Minamisōma shi?) is a city located in Fukushima, Japan. As of October 1 2008 the city has an estimated population of 71,296. (Where the video on CNN was taken)
edit on 12-3-2011 by CALLIXII because: Clarification of towns

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Start at about 00:57 .... this segment shows the images AND the VOICES that I heard on the other broadcast....with the exception of stating that 71,000 people are missing ... maps and wikipedia seem to confirm that the town did indeed HAVE around 71,000 residents however...

www.cnn.com...#/video/world/2011/03/11/vo.whirlpool.earthquake.nhk
edit on 12-3-2011 by thirst4truth because: spelling/grammar

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
wow!!!! THAT IS NOT THE CORRECT LINK>>> at least that is NOT the one that I posted just now...
I'll try again.... (how did THAT happen?)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You have to use the "[ url = http:// www... ] title of link [ / url ] tag.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by thirst4truth

Okay, the video that I tried to put up for you is now gone, I've been searching for over an hour for it again... I did find this information in print that was posted fairly soon after the quake hit:

"The quake struck at 9:46 PM Pacific Time — about an hour and fifteen minutes ago, as of the time of this writing.

The United States Geological Survey is saying the quake registered 8.9 on the moment magnitude scale. It's being characterized as one of the largest earthquakes in the history of instrumental science (specifically, the seventh largest).

According to news reports, life in the city of Tokyo has come to a halt. Trains aren't running, ships are being told to stay out of port, and the skies have gone silent.

Entire cities in northern Japan have reportedly been destroyed — including, for instance, Kurihara, which has a population of 77,000 people. "

This was from : www.nwprogressive.org...
Northwest Institute Progressive Advocate

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

TRY THIS....FOUND the entire broadcast that I heard with pictures and the original voices.....

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thirst4truth

crazy! i hope thats not the case!!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirst4truth
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

TRY THIS....FOUND the entire broadcast that I heard with pictures and the original voices.....

Thanks, that's exactly the videos I had seen live...

And remember, there's 70 000 people living there.

It seems they only are showing the coastal part of the city... the ``rural`` area... it seems the main center of town wasn't wiped out, but they are not showing it... but I could be wrong...
edit on 12-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CALLIXII

Thank you for the correction. I was WAY off.

My apologies - entirely too much info swirling in this little human brain of my mine.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by thirst4truth
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Thanks, that's exactly the videos I had seen live...

And remember, there's 70 000 people living there.

It seems they only are showing the coastal part of the city... the ``rural`` area... it seems the main center of town wasn't wiped out, but they are not showing it... but I could be wrong...
edit on 12-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Vitchio, I noticed in the vid, one of the people being interviewed, said that the flooding was "of course" caused by the tsunami but that it also could be due to "GROUND SUBSIDENCE" (at first I thought she was saying "subsedance" and apparently, so did the transcript writers at CNN because that is the word THEY used, which made the search harder for me) but I discovered that this term "subsidence" means:

Subsidence is the motion of a surface (usually, the Earth's surface) as it shifts downward relative to a datum such as sea-level.

So apparently, the crust could have slid down below sea-level due to the quake and the water will not "go away" now as the tsunami waters recede.

THIS could be the reason that they were having such a problem with finding the boundaries of this town.
I suppose that the plate could have partially been submerged below the sea-bed as well, causing the complete shearing of the homes close to the water's edge. It could have shifted again as the tsunami approaced and left complete shearing visible near the water with "ground subsidence" throughout much of the remainder? Its awful to think about, I feel sooo sorry for these people, however, this might explain the sudden "disappearance" of this particular bite of information from the mainstream media.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALLIXII
reply to post by Whisper67

I believe the 9,500 is for a town Minamisanriku in Miyag, Iwate Prefecture.. The CNN report is the only one that shows two pictures from hilltop above Minamisoma, Fukushima Prefecture and the video where none of the 71,000 citizens were seen. Unless CNN is geting the names mixed up.

Minamisanriku (南三陸町, Minamisanriku-chō?) is a town located in Motoyoshi District, Miyagi, Japan. It has an area of 163.74 square kilometres (63.22 sq mi), and as of October 1, 2004 the population of the area was 19,170. (where the 9,500 are missing)

Minamisōma (南相馬市, Minamisōma shi?) is a city located in Fukushima, Japan. As of October 1 2008 the city has an estimated population of 71,296. (Where the video on CNN was taken)
edit on 12-3-2011 by CALLIXII because: Clarification of towns

I notice that they are only mentioning Minamisanriku and not Minamisoma. I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this is? Were all of the residents evacuated? Are they doing search and rescue on this place?

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
edit on 13-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: wrong thread, sorry

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here is a video:

www.youtube.com...

and here are pictures

www.flickr.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>