Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Minamisoma, Japan 71,000 People dead?!?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by prolific

Talking about my post I made about the town?

Not to mention, I've seen footage of another town on the coast, Minamisoma, population 71 000.... WIPED OUT, most of it underwater, only the foundations of the houses remaining... and of course death toll nation wide only about 337.

I would imagine lots of people just ran for the hills when they felt the quake... what we need to know is how much time was there between the quake and the tsunami reaching the city...

Since the earthquake was about 120 km from Sendai and 137 km from Minamisoma... I would say at least a few hours... but that would be WRONG... since reports say that it took only 10-15 minutes before the first tsunami hit...so the tsunami probably reached Sendai and Minamisoma about 20-30 minutes in...

If you are walking... you would need to move within minutes after the quake to make it in a safe area... that or go into a skyscraper to be safe from a tsunami... but guess what, in Minamisoma, there's no skyscraper, the whole town was wiped out... So if you lived there... you had to leave everything behind within minutes or you would be caught in the tsunami...

And based on what the general public does usually... it would surprise me if really everybody ran for the hills within minutes of the quake... and IMO many were caught in the tsunami out of the 71k people... Even if only 10% stayed... that's still 7100 people... And the reason why I didn't see any body from the footage... the tsunami probably took back the bodies when the water receded...

So I don't believe at all that the death toll will only be 1000... no way in hell. Or the Japanese people are very well drilled... which might be the case.

I've looked at satellite images of the town and it seems the closest you get to the shore, the more ``rural`` and less density of people there is. So hopefully it was just the ``rural`` part that was destroyed... and if it's ``only`` 1800 houses that were destroyed, the entire town WASN'T wiped out...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

They dont know, they didnt speak with much hope I have heard that they had a 5 minute warning so....

Some must have survived from the town
Sorry I am just more than a bit sick
edit on 3/11/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

You clever you
, and yes it was your post. Thanks for it bring it up
2nd line

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I saw the report on CNN about an hour ago. They are reporting that the town was gone.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

link to the footage on page 1
It's not a rumor unfortunately

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
sorry double post
edit on 3/11/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
the video is blocked in my country... wtf? never seen that before

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
blocked in my country too (new zealand)

-

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Blocked in my Country as well. Canada.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Video is also on the CNN video page

Second row, second video, title: Entire towns engulfed by tsunami 18:00

Though I can't get it to play (I had no problems viewing from the ATS link though, strange)
edit on 11-3-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
This is the video CNNis playing from the original source NHK
Only in Japanese though
Original Source of CNN Video

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

blocked in your country? wow thats lame.

It works in the US. I just watched it, and the whole town is underwater/gone. They have footage of cinderblock remenants of where buildings and homes used to be. I imagine with 5 min warning you get on your roof or upstairs, but when the entire house gets pummeled, well...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
ΙI am at awe at how much this near Global catastrophe is going to be literally downplayed by the Global MSM.
Nobody is telling us that volcanoes and earthquakes are interconnected. It only takes the right number of earthquakes and the right spot with the right force to destabilize several seismic faults that may span 10ths of thousands of kilometers away.
Neither Chinese, Russian, American or Japanese media will be free to report THE TRUTH about what it may happen if another 2 earthquakes of the same magnitude happen to hit the general area of the first earthquake which would be really plausible given the manner that the earthquake mechanics really work.

China won't tell you because their going to be widespread panic of seismic fault destabilization that are related with the Japanese ones, because then their government would have to spend billions on NEW infrastructure and social planning that they obviously DO NOT OWN YET.

Russia won't tell you because they won;t talk about Siberian volcanoes which are responsible for the greatest mass extinction on the face and history of this planet. If they go, we go.

Siberian Volcanoes 250 Million Years Ago Linked to World's Highest Rate of Lung Cancer

A cancer epidemic under way in southeast China may have been initiated by a string of Siberian volcanoes that spewed ash across the Earth 250 million years ago creating the greatest mass extinction in the history of the planet. The volcanoes erupted for 5 million years, blasting acidic gasses and particulates into the atmosphere, which cooked into a toxic soup of acid rain. The acidic rain decimated life on Earth and eroded area rocks, freeing up silica, which washed into surrounding peat bogs.

www.dailygalaxy.com... der-way-in-southeast.html

TOP 10 VOLCANOES IN GEOLOGIC HISTORY

1. Siberian Traps, Siberia

A LIP just like Ontong-Java, the Siberian Traps supervolcano has one distinct difference: it is by far the deadliest volcano the planet has ever seen.

dsc.discovery.com...

Also Russia would have to benefit by not telling anyone about geologic instability and coming ice ages since they have the oil the world will need after it freezes over by plumes of volcanic ash shooting up in the atmosphere. So this might be treated as a strategic military secret by them.

United States of America won't tell you because the economy is very interconnected with Japanese economy and geopolitical stability in that part of the World.
Just check where Japan is located in contrast with Russia/Siberia and China. Also because the US will be probably occupied with engineered and fake crisis around the World in order for a furthering NWO agenda.

Also watch how much this earthquake catastrophe will be really downplayed and that it won't hit global economy so much, while other factors like how many times Qaddafi has farted since yesterday, or how many Egyptians log on their face books accounts every morning have to matter way more in terms of Global engineered economic, religious, political crisis than THE REAL environmental catastrophes looming in the face of this planet.

Japan won't tell you how much they are impacted for very obvious reasons.
Nobody will extend their logic and present the relevant research and expose it to the public of what to expect in case something happens, because they have OTHER TYPE OF CRISES to unleash at the World and if they get preoccupied with THE REAL THING, they simply cannot further their NWO agendas.

This is simply beyond crazy and definitely a SIGN OF TIMES.

IT IS YOU the average unsuspecting populace that will be hit with whatever comes, suddenly and unexpectedly.
Simply the MSM does not have the time and the courage to deal with THE REAL STUFF THAT MATTERS this time since we are in the middle of a widespread engineered social, economic, religious crisis all over the Globe since the PTB want's us to be ushered in an NWO.
It is of much more importance and influence in the World political economic scene to asses the situation that gets created if the Libyan leader Qaddafi has farted too many times since yesterday, or how many young Egyptians have logged in to their face book accounts since morning.

Nothing to see here folks, we just have to go back to your engineered crisis like the good sheeple we are.

Also the human species have a disturbing tendency, disturbing for the PTB that is, they tend to become quite active in religion and to turn to the One source they feel it matters and has some answers for their collective futures that is largely unpredicted. OF COURSE THE PTB CAN'T HAVE THAT NOW CAN THEY?
It's bad for business!
edit on 12-3-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I saw the broadcast live as it was being read on CNN here in Canada...the announcer said that 71,000 people, the entire population of the town had indeed been swept out to sea along with almost all of the buildings...a helicopter was circling a large area with only the foundations of buildings left on the ground...a female voice (interpreter?) was saying "where are the people?" The commentator announced that the search for survivors in Minamisoma had turned up empty, or something to that affect. I was confused when I couldn't find any other channel reporting this and as well, found no hits when searching on Google for "71,000 people swept away" EXCEPT for your thread here on this forum. This was last night. I joined the forum this morning because of that. I would like to say that I know of a volunteer nurse with the Red Cross that also witnessed a large number of bodies after hurricane Andrew, down in Florida, way back when, that number was never reported and the total count did not come close to the number of people she saw lying in one field alone. This story may have been unverified by CNN and so was dropped, but it certainly could be a cover-up, don't know why?
edit on 12-3-2011 by thirst4truth because: grammar/spelling corrected

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As our world's humanity share the sorrow and tragedy of our Japanese brothers and sisters, we must not allow the sense of loss overcome our need for further action in order to save more lives.

As the japanese and international rescuers are racing against time to save those whom may be trapped somewhere amongst the debris and are still alive, the million dollar question to be asked is was there any human error in that which happened in Japan?

For recent years, mankind are already fully aware of the destructive power of earthquakes, tsunamis and storms-caused by our galaxy's movement into uncharted parts of the Universe. Many had long asked for the authorities to be more serious and take proactive steps to prevent the loss of precious human lives, through better scientific predictions, warnings and preparedness. Had they been proactive?

Or had greed overcome all else?

The massive earthquake witnessed in Japan and the trememdous loss of precious human lives are by no means the last, as our planet is still subjected to outside environmental forces within our solar system and our galaxy.

The next one will come and come, and come. Let us not kid ourselves. There is no use blaming nature, for none of us humans are up to that level to control nature, but we can prepare for what is to come, so that more lives need not be lost.

We weep for the dead, mourn their passing, but have a greater responsibility to those that are alive today......

edit on 12-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
For those of you who did not see it on CNN here is the thread.
www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/03/11/exp.arena.japan.quake.minamisoma.cnn?iref=allsearch

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is another way to access. Past the last http.... lind into file open typre HTTP:// then paste in the www.......

Spitzer: 'Absolutely shocking' video updated 17 hours, 2 minutes agoEliot Spitzer describes video of Minamisoma, Japan, wiped out by a tsunami from an earthquake, as "absolutely shocking."

www.cnn.com...#/video/bestoftv/2011/03/11/exp.arena.japan.quake.minamisoma.cnn
edit on 12-3-2011 by CALLIXII because: added search field

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Has anyone heard any updates about the fate of those living in Minamisoma? When I tried to find some additional information today on Google after the Wikipedia listing on the city it redirected me to ATS.

The videos listed within this threads sure don't lend to much hope.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I can answer my own question regarding an update:

Just saw a report on CNN which stated 9,500 people are unaccounted for - certainly not the 71k first reported but still a shocking number.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Newspapers over here (Argentina) are reporting about 100.000 missing.
And they say the final death toll is, currently, imposible to predict...

What a crappy day... Every tragedy is terrible, but the fact it hit Japan, a country I love deeply, is like a punch in the stomach...
F*ck!...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join