It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket funeral for 7 dead Perry County PA siblings!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As soon as the main stream press stops giving the Westbutthead Church idiots any coverage, then they will find something else to do.

As long as they can create a media circus it will continue.

We all need to write, email, call our media outlets and request that they stop covering the Westbutthead Idiots!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by anon72

Why do you ??

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't mind saying, that if they picketed one of my family member's funeral, they would all be beaten to death with my bare hands.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I just came home and my mother told me they are going to protesting yet again. These are MENNONITE people. I live not to far away from perry county, and this just sickens me .

these sick jerks are the epitome of what I believe is the exact opposite of what they believe they preach.

I believe in good, and karma, but really when will these jerks get what they deserve.

As much as I disagree with protesting, or assembling in any way at anyone's funeral out of respect for them & their loved ones...

I feel the only satisfaction the people they have wronged will feel, is if they go and protest (or whatever you want to call it) when one of these jerks gives up the ghost.

How I would love to organize something like that. To fight fire with fire. as wrong as it may be. NOTHING will make these jerks go away.

we cannot ignore them. We cannot beat them up.

something needs to be done. can we perhaps ship them off to a deserted island somewhere?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I would too. these people are a disgusting skid mark on society. and I wouldnt feel one ounce of remorse for beating them.

It may sound crazy or violent. but I wouldnt want them to die, I would want to make them suffer the rest of their lives. so everytime they look in the mirror they remember what I did.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Hendrix92TheUniverse

I have to totally agree with you.
These are are little tiny kids..WTF does it have to do with their messed up beliefs?
I really do wish ill will on all of them..hopefully their bus slams into a God D*mn tree on the way there.
Why can't someone take them all out???

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I thought about it for a little while and then I decided that I am definitely going. A Facebook group was asking for people to bring vans to set up a blockade and I happily volunteered mine to be a part of it.

Everyone is guaranteed freedom of speech, yes, but this is quite clearly hate speech coming from these *snip*. I have followed the WBC for quite some time and despise absolutely everything I have heard about them. Myself and my friends will be there and if anything happens, it happens. People like these need to be put in their place.

Based on the Facebook group there are almost 900 people attending so far. If there is one thing I know it is that Pennsylvanians stand together. Let's see how this group of clowns responds to 1000 people in their faces. With any luck they will turn around and go back to Kansas.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Just like the comments say on the source... WBC doesnt know what perry county is like... Big redneck area, lots of guns, BIG guns!

Big mistake if they show up lol

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Fanatics annoy me.

They are self righteous verbal terrorists with intent to cause harm which is against their terms of religion anyways.
It's sick to see people defane such sacred practices such as burials, these are moments a family will not have a second time and would like to look back on without trauma.

The fact that these people have the time to protest these things though would make any military personnel proud; These people, as rude and gross as they are have been protected well enough that they may get away with worrying about foolish endeavors.

Were it another country they'd have been rolled over by tanks or shot or imprisoned.

THIS however is rather disturbing. Who pickets a child's funeral? That's just wrong.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
What does this have to do with The Westboro Whackjobs? How are they going to spin this one?

Another disgusting group of fanatical insensitive morons who only care about themselves.

God Hates The WBC!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I have a question: Who pays these guys to fly all around the country slandering and disrupting funerals? They seem to do it a lot, who pays the bills?

They are lawyers by profession, and their recent victory at the Supreme Court says they know their stuff. As the old proverb goes, "One lawyer with a briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns". So I'd guess they pay their own way.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Seriously, they should hold the funeral on the farm, so when the WBC shows up they could shoot them for trespassing.
What I can't believe is that the baptist church (the real one) hasn't sued them for using "baptist" in their name.
I'm glad I live in Canada where these...(censored) are considered an illegal hate group and are not allowed to enter the country.

Church members enter Canada, aiming to picket bus victim's funeral

I can't write anything else with violating the T&C of ATS.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Chindogu because: missed something and spelling

edit on 11-3-2011 by Chindogu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'd love to be there but unfortunately I can't.
Perry county probably isn't the best place for WBC to be protesting a funeral for 7 dead children. Won't be surprised if some kind of violence breaks out.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
What would happen to their future protests, if a relative of those children took it upon himself to walk over and shoot each and every one of those protestors dead?

It's bound to happen sooner or later. If they came to my relative's funeral, I'd most likely, in my grief, send each one of them straight to the afterlife. No need for silly legal nonsense.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I was reading another thread about WBC on ATS and somebody had posted a link to a very in-depth investigative article done on this family/church by a reporter. It all really has almost nothing to do with religion or even fighting homosexuals (really, there are far more effective methods of oppressing homosexuals than picketing the funerals of heterosexuals, duh!) and all traces back to something (nobody really knows exactly what) going awry in the mind of founder Fred Phelps. Some time when he was a young man he abruptly abandoned plans to join the military and instead became really intense about religion. Mind you, not the form of Christianity either I or most Christians seem to follow--not the love thy neighbor kind. His brand was very judgmental, fire and brimstone and a very rare form of Calvinistic predestination brand of Christianity.

I say it doesn't seem to be about religion for him because it seems the focus of his life turned to extreme, and I do mean extreme forms of "discipline" on his wife and children. When I say discipline, I mean his two grown sons who are estranged from him admit to being partially disabled from it. They have joint problems in their legs and scarring and limited mobility. It's extremely heartbreaking when you read this document and read what his estranged children claim was done to them. They say they were held up by their arms as young as age seven and repeatedly kneed in the stomach and genitals. That allegedly happened to the sons and daughters. One of the sons alleges some horrific forms of abuse visited upon the mother as well.

According to this report, the matriarch of the family was herself the terrorized daughter of a raging alcoholic. It was speculated in the report this may be why she seemed resigned to the continued terror said to be inflicted on herself and her children.

This style of raising kids may be continuing today, as one of the non-estranged sons gave a very odd and stilted response in the positive when asked if he practices similar "discipline" on his kids. This son was himself the subject of an investigation instigated by his school when he kept showing up physically unable to sit down due to severe damage to his legs and backside.

I am sorry I don't have the link on hand. It is buried here somewhere on ATS and if I can find it again I'll post it. And I am not mentioning this to excuse what these people are doing. I'm just saying, it all started with the patriarch. Since even one of his sons who was reported by school officials to be severely abused, is still in his father's service and at his beck and call, it's speculated that there may be severe dysfunction and some kind of undue control only a professional could explain at work in the family's dynamics. If religion plays any role at all, perhaps it was just that the patriarch at one time felt religion required some form of control over...something...from him, and as he struggled to control whatever, he became very controlling over other aspects of his life as well.

Just think about closets, deep ones, and what one might find in one besides mothballs and old clothes.

Hating oneself is a powerful force and if that negative energy becomes turned outwards, can be directed at not just one's family but an entire community and heck, apparently the whole country.

As a Christian myself it pains me to think that someone possibly found in this loving and affirmative faith something that possibly drove the person to hate not only himself, but become so consumed with negative feeling that it could consume multiple generations along with it and entire communities. I do denounce anyone who uses the faith to wield hate when Christ says we are to love one another as we love ourselves. So we are supposed to love ourselves, too. If we sin, we are to work toward reconciliation and forgiveness. Not whack ourselves or each other with a hate stick, either figuratively or...literally.

At any rate, family psychology aside, they definitely are in the lawyer biz these days so anyone thinking to taking them on, be careful. I read they spend somewhere between 200-400K per year on their activities. They have deep pockets and all of them have a minimum of at least a law degree and most have other credentials in addition. According to one of the things I read--can't remember if it was that report or something in Wikipedia, they have hobnobbed with the likes of the Clintons. I was surprised about that. I would have expected them to be conservatives and associate with Republican candidates, not liberal Democrats. Strange.
edit on 12-3-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: typos

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket funeral for 7 dead Perry County PA siblings!

www.pennlive.com

Westboro Baptist Church, the controversial group that just won a free speech Supreme Court case related to picketing soldiers' funerals, says it is planning to protest at the funeral for seven Perry County children who died in a fire Tuesday night.

Enlarge SEAN SIMMERS, The PATRIOT-NEWS Ted Clouse, the father of the 7 children killed in a house fire Tuesday evening in Blain, Pa., works in the barn early Thursday morning. " I want to stay here on the farm, he said. "he farm was not the reason they died. My wife says she wants to leave." 03/10/2011 SEAN SIMMERS,THE PATRIOT-NEWS

Per
(visit the link for the full news article)

Does anyone know exactly what their beef is? Even whacked out folks have reasons for doing things. I wish I knew.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What a despicable bunch of people.

Free speech is all very well, but in the UK, they would be arrested for "behaviour likely to cause a breach of the piece."

That means that the cops would nick them to prevent an angry relative decking the lot of them.
Seems a pretty sensible thing to me.

I suppose I just don't get some people's need to upset others.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The menorial service is Monday afternoon.

The furenal itself is Tuesday. The volunteer are meeting in and around Elliottsburg PA. (I would suggest be in the area by 8:00 ish. The procession etc will be from 9-11. Volunteers are asked to try to stay until 12:00.

Anyone going, we probably won't be able to ID each other unless we have ATS all over the place.
).

To SheeplFlavoredAgain: I believe this is the thread you were mentioning.

Inside the Westboro Baptist Church: a TIME exclusive
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/12/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Think about it. Lawyers are not conservatives, they need liberal interpretations to interfere with peoples lives at will at preposterous rates, towards liberal interpretations that set impossible standards and impossible goals and being counterproductive have to rely on process rather than results. If a lawyer tells you he's a conservative, that's simply his slice of the pie that he preys upon, deceptively,feebly, endlessly and expensively defending only along the inconsequential margins against the effects of perverse legal interpretations and mandates and rarely if ever attacking the source effectively. He has no financial interest to do otherwise, there is no alternative.
What legislation has ever reduced the need for lawyers? None.
What legislation reduces the role for lawyers? None.
If as claimed ignorance of the law is no excuse, what does it mean when no man can possibly know and interpret the law successfully, especially the lawyers.
It means you have been place in the crosshairs and your whole life can be destroyed by a simple piece of paper regardless of merit.
The law is no objective determiner of reasonabeness, it is a control mechanism and profit center built and maintained only by those that created it for such purpose and there is no mutually acceptable compromise or alternative. It is not only a monopoly of process but of thought and intent, and at complete variance and opposition with liberty. It's purpose is to legislate and enforce completely foreign cultural values on those that would wish to maintain their own culture
edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: Im pro per, pro se

edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: the obvious has become occult

edit on 12-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: res ipsa loqutier

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
do these guys get there jaws broken on a regular occurance as i would make them bight the kerb american history x style if they came to one of my family members funerals.

Nice to see Internet Tough Guy is not only alive and well, he has many supporters. Lighten up, Francis.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join