It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket funeral for 7 dead Perry County PA siblings!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
I recently joined a group that aides families and tries to shelter them from these butt heads. I hope any ATS member that feels the same can be with there at the site-if they come there.

...based upon the overwhelming majority of pro-violence promoters, i suspect that these "shelter" groups and their self-righteous "lets go kick ass" mentality will cause more damage to the families of the deceased than the wbc would have with their obnoxious but legal protests...

...the most effective way to handle wbc protests is to ignore them...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks for the info.
I just read the pdf of their announcement. Honestly, I have seen less hate on a racist KKK type website.

God hates Pennsylvania, they say. Maybe their 'Angry God' will expend some of his wrath on them.

edit on 11-3-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

What they hate the most is Christianity. That's why the defame it so much and so oftenmand why they get so much airtime in the media. Aint a lick of even the worst of jesus' teaching in the whole group of em, just deception, but that's by design, but heck none of them have read the new testament.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedrichNeecher

Thanks for the advice, and I should probably heed it, but I won't. I am not one of those that says stuff and doesn't act. I am also a rider with the Patriot Guard as Anon mentioned earlier, so I would more than likely show up, even if it was in a peaceful capacity.

Ideally, I would love to show up peacefully, and then make every effort to get one of them off their game and get them to invade my personal space. BUT, I would never do that as part of the Patriot Guard group, because I would never want to cause any trouble for that group, so if I ever get an opportunity, it will have to be on my own, and not with the group.

I'm not saying I "will" go do anything, but I am saying, if they get close enough to my location again, I will insert myself into the situation and hope that I get an opportunity to do something.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
And you'd be hailed a hero, getreadyalready.

These utter scum freaks need to get some of that G-D justice they bang on about so much. If anyone's for it from the Big one in the sky, it's them.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
I have a question: Who pays these guys to fly all around the country slandering and disrupting funerals? They seem to do it a lot, who pays the bills?

They sue the crap out of people who fight with them. Thats really all they are, a company that claims to use the 1st amendment in places to start fights, where they sue the people in court in order to gain profits.

At one time the SCOTUS ruled that using speech to start fights was abuse of the 1st amendment, I have no idea why that case isn't used against them.

They will continue to do what they do to make money until either law enforcement shuts them down or a angry family member ends up killing some of them. I'm not advocating violence. They would likely stop if people were killed as the business is a family run business, meaning its children, grandchildren, cousins, etc. The fact that no one has tried after so many years of them doing this stuff has very likely emboldened them, probably causing them to think they are on a mission from G-d and no one can hurt them. Law enforcement needs to step in and shut their nonsense down before they get worse and end up inciting a riot that gets people killed. I advocate intervention by authorities to protect and maintain the peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
These guys are horrible, really messed up people. So much anger and hatred for irrational reasons, they don't even love each other. I saw a really Louis Theroux good documentary on them called 'The Most Hated Family in America' (will post link below) and to be honest, its such a shame how they indoctrinate their kids who do not really seem to be wholeheartedly supportive.

The ones who leave are 'dead' to the family and the others that want to leave can't force themselves to come to terms with reality, maybe its too much of a shock to cope with. Lots of people would drive by, cussing them and giving them the finger which is good, but in one unfortunate accident a tiny kid is hit with with a soft drink or something lol.

Anyway, I think its disgusting to picket dead soldier's funerals - if you disagree with war then protest appropriately, they say horrendous things about people who've died trying to serve their fellow countrymen. And they scream it right in front of their families, its really the lowest thing you can do. Their gay bashing is so extreme as well, some of their signs are ridiculous and its actually humorous that they believe all their self-righteous manure.

I'd recommend you guys give it a watch, whether you know about them or not. Very good documentary:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
No hate coming from me.

Just video documenting and maybe a little word or two.

I will only do what is allowed by law. I mean, I do live there.

They just better hope the Amish Countrymen get the "news" about this groups right to protest. which is a toss up since most of them don't listen to news etc.

Gonna be interesting. The pitchforks may fly-with God's love-from the Amish. They aren't too Politically Correct in their ways of thinking.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

Another nail in the coffin for Christianity that is for sure.

I might agree with you if the Westboro's were Christian, but, they're not.

Beyond that? People, just IGNORE THEM! It's the attention and the hate that feeds them!

Let them go hungry.

peace

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Do you have a diagnosis of bipolar disorder or something? You'd probably not serve jail time. My mom does and is always saying "I've got papers to prove I'm unstable. Mess with me, I dare ya." I think I would not mind a wee vacation in a padded cell away from it all if it meant that one of the Phelps would have his or her jaw wired shut for a while.

A simple solution to this problem would be to hold the funerals graveside on their farm. That is where my relatives hold their services. It is private property. A landowner would be well within their rights to shoot these pitiful trolls. I wish they'd go live under a bridge with the other trolls during flood season on the Mississippi.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Please, these people make BIG money doing this, They live quite well, in secret, they're good at this and they have de facto govt sanction Please dont feed them. Please DO NOT do anything because they are protected and serve the govt's ends at the expense of the general public. maybe some crazy mexican drug cartel member will get a rpg for christmas, but leave that to god and his mercy.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
The Pennlines article that anon linked to stated that it may be an empty threat, as they have threatened to picket military funerals in the same area before, then didn't show up.

I hope that is the case here.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Still, a police presence will be assembled, just in case. "Will there be some vigilante justice? I hope not," Chenot said. "But I think the potential is there."

I would be more pleased, and even delighted, if they showed up only to find that the entire affair had been secretly moved to another location and NOBODY showed up to pay any attention to them at all. Let their angst, hatred, and derision consume them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An old Cherokee chief was teaching his grandson about life...

"A fight is going on inside me," he said to the boy.
"It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves.

"One is evil - he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, self-doubt, and ego.

"The other is good - he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith.

"This same fight is going on inside you - and inside every other person, too."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather,
"Which wolf will win?"

The old chief simply replied,
"The one you feed."

I wonder if they would "get it," or cry out "Heathen words!" and call me names?
edit on 11-3-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

They'd call you a fag enabler and tell you that you were hellbound for believing in pagan and heathen stories.

I personally love that story. Thank you for reminding me of it. Sometimes, people want the angry wolf to win though. It's sad but true. I think in a way these people are psychic vampires. I know that sounds loopy, but don't they seem to be energized by causing emotional turmoil? I've known people like that in my life, and they are not happy unless they're causing someone else pain. Pain is their drug. They have to have it (as long as it isn't their personal pain.) Think about it. Love or even sincere apathy toward them might make them shrivel up and blow away in the wind.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher

Please, these people make BIG money doing this, They live quite well, in secret, they're good at this and they have de facto govt sanction Please dont feed them. Please DO NOT do anything because they are protected and serve the govt's ends at the expense of the general public. maybe some crazy mexican drug cartel member will get a rpg for christmas, but leave that to god and his mercy.

Is there a "big money" potential in opposing them? Perhaps a competing church would be well-served in showing up to demonstrate good Christian behavior? Would they get equal press and equal support? Could they generate a LOT of donations by actually modeling decent behavior?
Hmmm.... now you have got me thinking? Is this really a business? and is there an opportunity here????

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by FriedrichNeecher

Is there a "big money" potential in opposing them? Perhaps a competing church would be well-served in showing up to demonstrate good Christian behavior? Would they get equal press and equal support? Could they generate a LOT of donations by actually modeling decent behavior?
Hmmm.... now you have got me thinking? Is this really a business? and is there an opportunity here????

Are you serious? There is no money in opposing them. Which are the faiths with doctrines that focus on worldy power and money by any means necessary? EVERYONE of the eleven or so WBC adults are licensed "officers of the court", every lawyer is ordained such, and as such they serve and practice at the pleasure of the govt they extort you through. They force people to move money around and that generates billable hours for everyone on both sides. and generates taxes too, except for those obtained as part of a religious practice.
I think you know all this, and are having me on, and diminishing the poison of govt sponserd legal psychosis and the intentional degradation of a belief system that however imperfectly applied is far better than the legally sanctioned unashamed exploitation and accumulation of wealth at all costs, but just for some with connections..
Trust me when I say, you could not do this on your own. it requires official cover. Any objective apprasal will lead to the realisation that WBC is in fact a business front and as such has no first amendment rights, and as a de facto business can be held liable for intentionally and avoidable inflicting harm with its product, but hey, it's only YOUR money and THEY own the courts and the language now. Curious that every other at least arguably christian entity has been mercilessly suppressed and restrained in the courts for the most imaginary offenses, yet the most offensive and fraudulent of pretenders laughs all the way to the bank and mr gubmint says they are helpless.
edit on 11-3-2011 by FriedrichNeecher because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The video posted from page 1...WoW..just Wow....ignorance is bliss for some.....take note though, notice how the bible thumpers of ATS are not on this particular thread standing up for this particular Christian organization?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I think the government input is just to divide and create confusion and chaos. The government always supports both sides. I think there is enough hatred for WBC that I could get major support. I also have political connections of my own, and lawyers are opportunists, so I could surely get legal support as long as it came with a lot of press.

I think organizing some church to oppose WBC everywhere they go would be a huge money maker. People would pour in donations, and the government would let it happen, so long is it served to continue to divide the people and keep the press off of more important matters.

I'm not having a go at you, maybe I am having a go at the whole stupid scenario, because it would be hilarious if it were not so true! The sad thing, is I actually see plausibility in the idea, and that hurts my heart.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
The video posted from page 1...WoW..just Wow....ignorance is bliss for some.....take note though, notice how the bible thumpers of ATS are not on this particular thread standing up for this particular Christian organization?

I respectfully disagree: Seems enough bible thumpers providing cover for them, fact is they only thump the first bible, and avoid the second like the plague.
It doesnt seem you are too eager to understand or accept the reasons that they arent what they claim, or you dont care to.
Your one of those that spews invective that some christian sects think the world is 6000yrs old but ignore or avoid that some hebrew sects beleive just the same.
Curious and curiouser.
If it's just religion thats so bad why are you only interested in beating up on the one that claims it turns the other cheek and not the ones that fight back when attacked. What a specimen, seeking only the feeble to kick about for your pleasure. C'mon sing out boy, how about some equal time for the others, loud and long, or just crawl under your rock with your own brand of co-religionists.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

I will also remember this thread when the next Islam thread pops up where people equate one hate against the other - THIS is how they should react, this thread says it all...

These clowns do NOT get a free to do as will, card.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I think the government input is just to divide and create confusion and chaos. The government always supports both sides. I think there is enough hatred for WBC that I could get major support. I also have political connections of my own, and lawyers are opportunists, so I could surely get legal support as long as it came with a lot of press.

I think organizing some church to oppose WBC everywhere they go would be a huge money maker. People would pour in donations, and the government would let it happen, so long is it served to continue to divide the people and keep the press off of more important matters.

I'm not having a go at you, maybe I am having a go at the whole stupid scenario, because it would be hilarious if it were not so true! The sad thing, is I actually see plausibility in the idea, and that hurts my heart.

Just so we both call it, in my neighborhood it's called frontin, and that's what youre doing. IF your you, it's about the money you can get, then I know what youre intent is. SOME faiths as a basic tenent assume that the amount of money involved doesnt make it right or wrong. But i suspect that's something you've not run accross in your own development with any moral force. OK , so most americans have been diverted to thinking that if it makes you some money it's ok somehow. If thats what you believe, so youre now basically saying that you see as the operant priority some personal financial angle with the WBC thing, or cant you tell that's your priority yet?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join