It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 993.htm
<< 990  991  992    994  995  996 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Inspection After Earthquake

Found this at Daini:

Inspection after the earthquake occurred July 31 - At 6:32 am on July 31, air leak was found at the weld zone of unit 4's main emission duct by TEPCO employee. Radioactive materials in the air were below measurable limits. No outlier at main emission monitor and monitoring post. This is the same place repaired on June 7. The repair work will be implemented soon. - Results of main emission duct and monitoring post are within normal range, There is no affect by radioactive material outside.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Daiichi:
A pretty good spike in Cs-134 and 137 Unit 1 and Unit 4 subdrain:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

edit on 31-7-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Chinese Test Results of Japanese Ocean

the maximum amounts of cesium-137 and strontium-90 detected in the samples are 300 times and 10 times, respectively, of the amounts of natural background radiation in China's territorial waters, the statement said.

www.straitstimes.com...

There was a big hubba balloo about Chinese naval ships navigating the high seas between the islands of Japan's southernmost prefecture of Okinawa back in June...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Japanese Gov't Safety Limits - Uranium and Plutonium are Safe to Ingest!!!

Hope the members of the Japanese "Diet" are getting their daily allotment in their diet!!!

7:12 into this video:

EPA (US) has a .55 limit on Plutonium!!

And 12:00 into video...oh my...Head Spin!! TEPCO is reporting in becquerels per "CC" - cubic centimeters...not liters...

- Purple Chive

edit on 31-7-2011 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo
There is a windows and Linux program to download mms:// streams here at sourceforge. Haven't tried it yet, but apparently sometimes gets a URL that it does not work on, but normally ok. .

Thanks Q, will do.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Originally posted by zworld

According to my Wife (i am not good in Kanji Reading) this is a Plan of the Exhaust Tunnel from the Turbines!

The upper Tiny Red Spot is the Weather Measurement Station

edit on 30-7-2011 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by Human0815 because: add info

edit on 30-7-2011 by Human0815 because: clarification

Thank you, Human and mrs Human. I suspected that they were going to use the turbine outs as either an excuse or for some other reason. One other question. In the four boxes that are linked to the four red stack pipes, the 3 with numbers (2,3,4) have the same words and the fourth is similar but different. Mrs Human, is it possible to translate those boxes, so we know what Tepco's line is for the individual pipes. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

On Edit: Think it's just the screen capture and too much scrutiny....

Funny you should say that. While checking the cam, my roommate walked by, stopped to look over my shoulder, says "I hope you haven't been watching the Fukushima Entertainment Channel all nite Z." So I said, "yeah, but it's the new HD version and totally different." He laughed and headed out with the parting remark, "You're beginning to scare us bro." The troubling thing is that I think he was being serious.

edit on 31-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
July 29, 2011
Fukushima hit by torrential rains

crofsblogs.typepad.com...

Torrential rain in Niigata and Fukushima prefectures in northern Japan has caused rivers to overflow, raising the danger of landslides.

Authorities have issued an evacuation order or advisory to about 400,000 people in 22 municipalities.

In Niigata's Sanjo City, more than 10,000 people were ordered to evacuate after a dike collapsed.

A 67-year-old man in Niigata Prefecture was found in a stream and later confirmed dead. 5 people are missing in the region.

Since Wednesday, more than 650 millimeters of rain has been recorded in some parts of Fukushima. Niigata has gotten more than 600 millimeters.

The flooding will also, presumably, move radioactive soil into new locations.

July 29, 2011

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Japanese Gov't Safety Limits - Uranium and Plutonium are Safe to Ingest!!!

And 12:00 into video...oh my...Head Spin!! TEPCO is reporting in becquerels per "CC" - cubic centimeters...not liters...

- Purple Chive

This was a huge Shock when i listen that so i done a check up:
Tepco CC or L

Have a look for the first line in the explanations, "Converted from the Value orginaly BQ/CM 3 *to small to read"

@ Zworld: afir. Turbine houses, and the last question i do not understand, it is already 2.45am
edit on 31-7-2011 by Human0815 because: confusion

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Yeah Z - starting to worry about my sanity and info obsession with this calamity. The worst industrial disaster in history and so little info coming out.

And then the demo by the guy in the video that TEPCO is measuring becquerels in Cubic Centimeters vs. liters...well like my brain needed that enlightenment...

And then the subversive, manipulative thought that the Japanese gov't might be using the torrential flooding (possibly instigated by HAARP) to force people finally from high radiation areas but under false pretenses...

This is where my mind really has to stop...

Good Mental Health to ya!!! Maybe have a tidbit of plutonium for dinner this evening to help my overall derangement!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If there were any journalists worth their salt anymore, they could hang tepco with their own rope;

'So the measured levels of radiation in 'x' were 'x' becquerels correct?'

tepco: 'yes'

'So then if we compared your measurement to say a chernobyl one of 'x' becquerels per litre, we'd have to multiply yours by 1000 as it's in cm3, which would show vastly higher releases than chernobyl.'

tepco: '.....'

'If you have another disaster that's worse, will you start using Bq/mm3?'

edit on 31/7/11 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Fukushima protesters urge end to nuclear power

AFP
TOKYO — An estimated 1700 people rallied in the capital of Japan's Fukushima region, home to a crippled atomic power plant, on Sunday, calling for an end to nuclear energy, local media reported. "Abolish all the nuclear power plants! ...www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

New Decontamination Unit...reduce by on millionth the starting level???

The equipment is designed to reduce radioactive substances in water, such as cesium and strontium, to about one millionth of the starting level.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Wonder what the "starting levels" are?

Peta becquerels reduced by one millionth isn't much.

Just curious...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Yes that was from Zorgon....& we had a contest to name it....
Then not long after & when better photos were being released, possibly with the HD
the "Poolium" disappeared & couldn't be found in any photos.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
From my post on page 989 which seems relevant now we are talking plutonium and cubic centimetres rather than litres

They point to this article from 1974 by the NRDC which describes the level necessary to develop cancer (0.2 microcuries or 3 micrgrammes of Pu239) and how many doses of Pu239 are likely to be produced(10 to the power of 17) by 2020. This is from an estimated 200 million kilogrammes of Pu239 produced by then. The report suggests this is an underestimate.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Those lights are on a dolly so they can
be easily moved any where....
Great Photos!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Hey Purple sorry I needed to use your photo....

The red arrows are where I have seen the most "black smoke" activity at times seeing those black spots you are pointing to on the far right. However I was seeing them rising up where my left red arrow is in correlation with your arrow enabling a good view of them passing up across that bar.
My far right arrow shows a black spot on the ground & it appears that there is "smoke" or whatever rising out of it, lighter Grey color...I think because it's not under the walk. In the past when I 1st mentioned this in this thread I was seeing in that same area (where the 3 arrows to the right & the green ground foliage was not there) what appeared to be black spots starting small & increasing to the size you see here with "dark smoke" coming out, then closing up....then another beside it would appear & etc...I couldn't get fraps working at all & forgot about snip...
The whole episode reminded me of what I called the "Pop Series" during BP....didn't know how to video yet so I took many frame shots in a series showing what looked like "zits" growing, rupturing, sunken in, smoothing out & starting again....many in a location.....cool thing is I later found video of same time & location matching my photos.
Wish I could be more helpful to you guys....damn I hadn't uploaded or posted photos or videos in so long it has taken me forever to re-figure it out.
I truly appreciates EVERYONE'S effort & support as I know from my BP experience just posting photos & videos how TIME CONSUMING it is trying to find information plus uploading.
I am very GRATEFUL!

Cheers
Ektar

I still don't understand how this focus out of focus works...if I had 2 people standing side by side & took a photo or video they are either both going to be in or out of focus.....not one in & one out....unless there was some weird interference....sorry I'm such a novice

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hello Purple. I did some screen captures from a 3/22 fly-over. I tried to get the damage to out-lying buildings, for you to look at. Hope they help. My buddy K-dog will post them shortly. I haven't learned how to yet....but I'm getting there.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Hello Purple. I did some screen captures from a 3/22 fly-over. I tried to get the damage to out-lying buildings, for you to look at. Hope they help. My buddy K-dog will post them shortly. I haven't learned how to yet....but I'm getting there.

here they are ,buddy.
Here is the first photo,please do the narration for it please.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled

and another one

edit on 31-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ok. Picture 1. Curious damage to small building south of #4 The tower looks fine. The other taller buildings look fine.. Picture #2. Damage to roofs west of reactor #3. Picture 3. More buildings south of reactor #4. Is this where our nightly lights [fireworks] are coming from ? Hope you find some nuggets ! Thanks for the help K-dog.

top topics

<< 990  991  992    994  995  996 >>

join