It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 981.htm
<< 978  979  980    982  983  984 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Below is Tepco's most recent radiation survey for the monitoring posts, both permanent and temporary. It gives a good idea of how easy it would be to pick and choose where you take samples to come up with widely varying results. Also of note is that the post with high readings is in the same area as the Tepco cam. Find one and you find the other.

www.tepco.co.jp...

monitoring posts

Recent readings

edit on 20-7-2011 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This appears to be the cam site. I cant make out the bushes that can be seen on the cam however. The other problem with this site for me is that the map seems to show the cam site in front of the buildings that this site is uphill and behind. But the diagram they use for this isn't very clear and I think these front buildings arent in the diagram, so this is the location for what were seeing on the cam.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

Thank you for posting the "heads-up" about comments to the NRC...it reminded me that I had just posted the link to FOE's critical analysis of the NRC draft recommendations on the Cybermacro website; so then I added it on ATS as well. I've been a longtime ATS member, and I still enjoy it, but the Cybermacro format makes it easier for me to create groups of "just links" than on ATS, at least for the duration of the Japan crisis. I have been given permission to "take over" the "Macrobiotic Question Of The Week" at Cybermacro, at least for the forseeable future, in order to post news links there on the general topic of Post-Fukushima Airborne Radiation. I've been reading all of the Crisis In Japan posts on ATS, but it's harder to find links when they are embedded in text. My purpose in posting just the links is to encourage people to check on those Cybermacro pages even when they don't have much time. (I am username Uphill on both sites.) My Cybermacro threads on Airborne Radiation go back to March 15, 2011. My background is in public health, not science per se. Whether people are for or against nuclear power, everyone is concerned about what's really going on at Fukushima Daiichi, and its implications for the rest of the world. Feel free to copy links of interest from Cybermacro...I'm not a data owner, just a selector. Here's the current thread on Cybermacro:

www.cybermacro.com...

I remember noticing Arnie Gundersen's sadness in his last 2 videos...he now understands that Japan isn't going to break any world speed records in building a containment barrier, which is really bad news for all. I think that that delay also means that a 50-mile evacuation zone is inevitable. Time will tell.
edit on 7/20/2011 by Uphill because: Added a link.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Thank you for more proof

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

I to noticed the Sadness on Arnie's face, but until people hit the streets to protest we are all just farting in the wind.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have the same problem with the bushes?

Here is the map I believe your referring to:

Maybe over lap this on to your image?

My red dot could be it?

www.tepco.co.jp...

Thank you all for posting
:up
edit on 20-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added information to save pages

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

The only problem with that is that we'd be looking down the valley of death and able to see the reactor buildings all the way to the ground and more of the south part of the plant. But no place actually fits into the diagram because the diagram they use doesn't fit the plant layout.

Now i think it may be to the left of where I originally thought,upper left corner, where that patch of bushes starts and the pipeline/walkway disappears. It makes sense. Thats the only place that would hide the view completely of the CSFP and just the tops of R4 and the south complex. Those tricky little dicks, ill betcha thats it.

ON EDIT: Not upper corner, I mean below that in front of the building in the upper corner.

And in looking at this pic again, does the big arrow above point to a burnt out building. More unknown damage? Can't tell

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

Hi Z World all your time & work is greatly appreciated. I see you are on line now, so
maybe you can look at the area right under the cat walk for a bit...I could be totally wrong, but that does not look like in & out of focus video as PC & I were trying to describe before. It looks like black spots that are
popping or shrinking & reappearing in the same location. It was easier to see during BP Disaster as you could see the small mounds form, pop like a zit, small black hole , & the back to normal....I photoed a time sequence series...yes this is different but has similarities...I don't know much about either subject, just my education here....so I was hoping to catch you on-line to see it for yourself....could be totally nothing.
Here's the cam I'm referring to.....
Source www.tepco.co.jp...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
And a joyous day it was.

Thanks for clearing that up
Now I can go back to the normal fake UFO threads

CHEERS

And just remember "Plutonium is your Friend"

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

I zoomed into the big arrow spot and the black marks on the roof look like scorch marks from an electrical fire.
Could be a breaker terminal.
The second arrow is a good canidate for the camera spot and not my red dot spot.
If i come across any images that will help I'll post them.

Carry on!!

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
For the webcam position, we obviously need to have all of the items in the webcam picture, in the satellite image. In particular the greenery, which I feel may be tops of trees planted at a lower level rather than bushes. This is because the webcam position appears to be on the top of one of these slopes - somewhere...???

The railings in the middle distance are on the edge of the top of a slope I think.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Sorry probably another dunb question... but if you go to
Source www.tepco.co.jp...
& look under the Cat Walk why do we see black spots that are there & shrink & then re-appear? It all seems somewhat out of focus with the bushes. At least with BP I shot a time lapse sequence I call "pops". Theses small hills would build with underneath force , pop like a zit & leave a black hole which filled in, & the process would repeat itself.
With the Fuku example I cannot show the "zit building process leading to explosions on this page...only black holes that somehow refill....could this mean something oozing up from underground? THANKS!!!
Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

CRMT- connectingdots1 finds Dangerous Radioactive rain in Lake Louise,BC (1.66 mcSv/hr)

This is the Fallout from Fukushima in the Canadian rockies being at a higher alt, it went from a med high reading at Victoria to Dangerous Background radiation level, where 1.2 was leave the area. This is in the rain water.

As a fellow 'lower mainlander' I'm highly disturbed but not surprised. I hoped we weren't going to see these levels, but was afraid we would, especially at higher elevations. This just confirms the worst. It's truly frightening when you realize these are continuous exposures and that during March 15/16/17/18/19 the levels would have been far higher (after #3 blew). During that time the water in Chilliwack, BC, usually delicious, tasted horrible and there was a metallic taste many people were talking about.

Add to that this is just gamma rads, we have no idea what the beta and alpha levels are.

I guess TRN was wrong. Some fairly decent doses are being incurred in NA

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Camera Location
All this is very dodgy and open to interpretation and I have made a best-guess fit of all these 'alignments' OK?

yellow line - aligning the edge of #2 with centre of horizontal pipe coming from #1
purple line - aligning right edge of #2 seen through the #1/2 cooling/exhaust tower
pale blue line - align #4 cooling/exhaust tower with central damaged part of #4
green line - align right edge of #3 with left edge of cooling/exhaust tower #3

The only trees/bushes near the area where the 4 lines meet is to the right. However all this area is in a poorer-quality image so unless we can find a better image I think we will have to make-do with this.

This position to the right more, would also fit in more with what Tepco would have us believe. Obviously I have blown up the map to make it fit the reactors and this (see below) was only a rough map supplied by Tepco, so we cannot take this too seriously.

What do you all think?

edit on 21-7-2011 by qmantoo because: add the marker positions image

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

My shot at the camera location:

The red circle looks to be the most likely place. The bushes are a bit tricky, but I think the dark line to the right and down of the circle could very well be a line of shrubbery (ni!) that we see as bushes in the live cam.

Q, that's almost the same exact spot I picked out...

Consensus anyone, or more discussion?

edit on 21-7-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: high five Q!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Yes, I think we have it pretty much pinned down, but where are the trees? I know where I come from here, they plant whole mini-woods by just bringing in the mature trees on the back of a few trucks, so maybe they have done that since March when these images were taken by Digital Globe? It is possible I suppose. I am assuming these are the tops of trees, but they could be bushes which would be easy to transplant there.

Now, I want to show you the latest measuring points on that composite map I did previously. As you can(will) see, there is only one measuring point in the whole large area which is anything like close-to the plant.

Not very easy to see, but gives an idea of scale.

edit on 21-7-2011 by qmantoo because: added image

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I see them to, but to me they look like Shadows from the brush overhead being blown around by the wind?

edit on 21-7-2011 by rbrtj because: this beginning to remind me of hanging out in a haunted house to long.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Good lay out idea, I wonder if the one camera is located at the only spot they have a meter?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
reply to post by qmantoo

My shot at the camera location:

Possible. Its a good candidate, but the catwalk seems to be on the wrong side of the bushes, which that dark area looks like. and the second spot I was considering in the second arrow, doesnt look right either. Not after looking at the angle lines above. I think it is closer to the red circle.

Of course, if we ask nicely, Tepco will put up two cams so we can see the whole area, NOT!!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ektar, it definately isnt right, but I still cant tell whether its cam distortion or steam/smoke. We need a video expert to chime in if anyone knows of one.

top topics

<< 978  979  980    982  983  984 >>

join