It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 941.htm
<< 938  939  940    942  943  944 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

One Millimeter Thick Sheets will save the world!!

Warm and Fuzzy!! Warm and Fuzzy!! Ingenious!!

www3.nhk.or.jp...

It certainly will stop this stuff too right?

Curium-244 detected for first time outside Fukushima plant – Requires lead shield 20 times thicker than Plutonium-238

enenews.com...

And the French dude on the Strontium in groundwater...priceless...

Such comforting "Happy Thoughts" before I retire for the evening...

'Night All...
- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I know how you guys feel about facebook,
but MSNBC has a World Blog on there with acouple of reporters touring
Japan reporting on the hope and recovery after the tsunami.
The feel the need to report on that angle because the media is providing
plenty of coverage on Fukushima's nuclear disaster.
Now,I understand that Japan's people need all the hope they can get,
but,seriously ,nuke disaster covered by the MSM?

So,feel free to stop by there and let them know what the truth is.

edit on 14-6-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
I'm back.........I found this on Youtube but can't find any discussion about it here. It says uploaded by the user 13th of June!!!!

I think it could be a bit out outdoor welding. But it could be criticality flashes..What do you think?...
This one is better...

edit on 13-6-2011 by Procharmo because: (no reason given)

This reminded me of this:

YouTube Link
The Engineers at the Nuclear Engineering Teaching Lab (NETL) at UT Austin demonstrate a reactor pulse. All the Control Rods are removed simultaneously allowing the nuclear reaction to proceed un-dampened, bringing the energy output of the reactor to 680 Megawatts in 50 milliseconds. Video produced by Juan Diaz at the Faculty Innovation Center.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Oh fun
My apologies if we've seen this before.

Part 1

At about 10:56 you'll see some pretty nifty reactor placement - in detail

Part 2

At 9:30 you'll see some really cool decon chambers and very 007-ish tech. I love how all the workers (who look kinda like androids) have dosimeters. My how 40 years has changed that place!
edit on 14-6-2011 by Wertwog because: 40 years not 30 years - what a maroon

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirCoxone

Originally posted by Silverlok

and what appears to be rod core bundles and perhaps RPV cap minus it's flange( which it would be ) in the #3 turbine room :

I agree that looks hugely like a rod core bundle but it doesn't look like a rod core bundle that has been through a large explosive event and fuel meltdown.

I would suggest it is a new bundle minus its fuel pellets awaiting refueling of a reactor.

I considered it's nature before I ever posted this pic(in the beginning). First the rod assembly is missing it's outer sheath ( a metal square that runs the length of the assembly , or about 12 feet ), second it appears to be only one part of one assembly . Also the circular confinement within the core presents us with the difference of the square to the difference of the cube problem for any point inside it's circumference at a given tangential slice , or

If the rpv was closed then all of the material inside it would have experienced almost the same force from all directions simultaneously when it 'exploded', it is simple math distribution in a sphere...so the rods should have been severely damaged being cladded in carbon as they are ( carbon like the graphite in pencils , not a strong material under shear)

But if the rpv had a hole in the bottom then the math changes and an "eye of the storm" forms , meaning that some of the linearly aligned things along the long axis of the rpv core would experience a net concussive force of zero , the eye of the storm , and if this event blew the lid on the rpv then , somewhere we would find nearly unharmed rods from the center of the stack , minus their large surface area component ( the metal sheathing ).

and

as a reminder about how radioactive these things are and how they are constructed:
vimeo.com...

the construction of the rods is hollow 'straw' of carbon with fissionable treats inside ...from the factory ..reactors don't have hollow cladding lying around waiting to be filled , now I do not mean to be harsh , er wait yes I do ...do your homework for god's sake , and if not for the imaginary then for man's sake otherwise everyone will soon depend on either the state or someone who does their homework , those "institutions" are islands...sink or swim for the ones doing the homework there is only so much surface area on the back , and for the state they make a habit of "building" foundations out of ..somewhat wet materials

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

That RPV is WAY off center- almost sitting alongside the wall.

That's gotta be #1 I'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

I agree that the reactor blew its top, and this was the barrel that vectored the blast, but Im not convinced that the cap in whole form left the building. Pieces maybe,

pieces? of a solid steel cap ? are you kidding...hmmm...you're not are you

How the f&%# do I keep getting sucked into bs arguments. Let me make this clear. I dont care to know at this time the theories or assumptions you or anyone else makes concerning the explosion at 3. I admit I dont understand physics enough to even begin to make a good contribution. Someday Im sure there will be books and books out on the subject, which I probably wont read.

What I do care about is learning lessons from fuku, understanding where its going, and getting an idea of how to proceed from here. Arguing over whose theories or assumptions are right is a waste of time for all of us. Except for your analysis of the audio booms, which most others have discounted as fake awhile ago, you're possibly spot on. But it doesnt change the need to keep an open mind just in case.

So anyway, to you and Wertwog, thank you for the condescending critique. But from here forward, I'll just put on blinders, hope no one notices me, and continue to understand what I fear will become the worlds worst disaster ever. And i now totally agree with matador, way too many fu#@&%g head games going on around here. Adios.

On edit: sorry for my crabbiness. No sleep and no coffee in the house. But from here out I respectfully say Ill avoid discussing the past explosions or meltdowns, as I really dont have a clue, and instead focus on the present and future at fuku, where Im still clueless but there is hope.
edit on 14-6-2011 by zworld because: Why does it say 'must be filled out' when it doesnt need to be.

I will start with another off topic point here: are you unable to see WHY you generate these responses ? they are not arguments , they ar clarification because you refuse to address information , or assimilate it . This puts in in a very bad light even if you are an honest fellow , as you are not paying attention to THOUSANDS OF HOURS OF THOUGHT AND RESEARCH , when you post your unsupported opinions, that is rather insulting and you are being treated very well so far as odd inputs do new doors make .

your opinion is important but you must support it with DATA, that is verifiable, and not get mad when people whom have been doing this extremely well for MONTHS , (and seeing change because of it ) ask you to do the same...your speculations so far have been just that..speculations ..important in the investigative phase ( which you missed ) , as avenues of INVESTIGATION, this isn't a pissing match ace ..i don't give flying fist farq if you or anyone else here loves or hates me, I support my hypothesis and conjecture , and in the highest standard of ATS , do it with the input from others...I.e. this is a team , welcome to the team now stop whining about your lack of reading the whole thread..if you really want to contribute catch up..go back and read the thread , otherwise stop bitching about the people the have "donated" so much and been insanely accurate getting a little "instructional" , my post is not condescending ..you fail to understand things that are very well described (multiple times) in this thread ...that makes you either very stubborn , young or ..well something else, I mention this now as a rare time when I deviate from taking a chance to re-iterate a point where this thread has been correct, prophetic, or insightful wel in advance of "offical" notice.

there is some heavy weight # here

you are in the heavy weight league

prove you belong and have the ability to cast anything ( be it intellectual or speculative ) into the forge that is the communion of everyone WORKING TOGETHER ON THIS THREAD

this is not an attack , this is not an emotional trigger...if you have something to say support it with facts...

from your posts to which you have now attracted my attention I see a dearth of answers to direct questions , team , team ,team /...the human race will forever be changed by FUKU, do you think I care one whit what some invisible person I will never see thinks of me? there is the meme and there is the ego , both of which are great tools , if your mind is a one that can delve and change utilize the vast data in this thread , fighting it's bearers will only distract for so long before it begins to serve a new purpose.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Lawyers to form anti-nuclear national group:

cha-ching
hey just call me near jaded , as the lawyers finally start moving when enough popular support in Japan in mobile on the streets..

strange how in the back of my head I hear THE CLASH: "...kill all the lawyers and burn all the papers..." , but perhaps this time will be different

contaminated tea found in Five more plants: link , and in our next story ann coulter on why radioactive tea is good for you and higher levels are now acceptable

Radioactive material in sludge at 16 prefectures

Additional 23 workers exposed to high radiation

(really only 23, wow shocking ... they are only working near the only known triple meltdown in history..how could we have known ...)

Work-related mental illnesses hit record high, human nature of business?

The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant says a cesium absorption device that it has started testing is working well. Tokyo Electric Power Company began using the US-made equipment early on Tuesday morning to process low-level radioactive water at its planned water treatment facility. Suspending the work about 10 hours later to analyze the treated water, TEPCO found that levels of cesium-134 had been reduced to about one-2,900th, and cesium-137 to about one-3,300th. More than 105,000 tons of highly radioactive water is building up within the plant, and the utility says it may run out of space to store it in about 2 weeks. TEPCO also plans to begin using a French-made chemical agent for decontamination at the facility on Wednesday. As the start of testing was delayed for 4 days due to a series of malfunctions, TEPCO says it will shorten the test-runs by one day, and begin treating highly radioactive water from Friday.

ahahaahaha french maid , FRENCH MAID, GD I wish that was funny. And seriously cesium ??? Whom, the hell does Tepco /kan think they are kidding

Plutonium detected in Fukushima plant soil, but again , the ultimate physical poison is no threat to human health, because it is "no worse" than previous grievous violations of the environment ...way to go Japanese NHK, KAN, and tepco, I am sure that comparing one crime to another makes both "just fine"
edit on 14-6-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by Wertwog

That RPV is WAY off center- almost sitting alongside the wall.

That's gotta be #1 I'd imagine.

Yes, assuming #3 is the same design this would be definitive and cooberates yours and Silver's statements that the reactor is not in the center of the building.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Wertwog because: english is my only language

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

What he said. Big Boy Rules apply here.

There are those of us who pore over every little scrap of info to wring out what is actually happening and project what will be happening a week from now.

Our accuracy here is running well over 85% in predictive analysis which is off the charts in my line of work.

To come in and suddenly pi$$ in our communal bowl of cornflakes, without having read the posts which took thousands upon thousands of donated man-hours, expecting us to bow to your unsubstantiated wisdom is a tad bit foolish dontcha think?

P.S. Wert- ya got a PM

edit on 14-6-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Could this have been what you saw?

In the interest of completeness, as we've detailed before, work continues at No. 2 and No. 3 plants to gain access to the reactor buildings to install new water level and pressure gauges, and to allow for nitrogen injection to the dry wells. To this end the atmospheric work at No. 2 continues, while just recently TEPCO used a concrete pump truck to extend a sampling probe over the No. 3 plant's reactor building.

atomic power
edit on 15-6-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

I'd like to respectfully disagree with the assessment on this being fuel assembly rods.

Not to throw any more confusion into the mix than is already present, however this particular comparison always bothered me a bit and I'll tell you why.

I'm on my iPhone right now and won't have access to my computer until later tomorrow, so this won't be able to physically show you what I'm seeing, I will just have to attempt to articulate it in words.

Keeping that in mind take a look at this picture:

And this one:

The folding grate on the right in the first picture linked and in the left of the second picture also match structurally to the partially sheet-covered assembly in this pitcture:

If you look closely at the photo provided by silverlok, you will notice that the sheet-covered assembly is a closer match to the first photo I linked than it is to the fuel assembly boxed in blue.

The fuel assembly shows two sets of brackets perpendicular to the long axis of the rods(there is probably another set outside the cropped image near the top of the assembly) but the collapsable gate has rather more sets going across the long length of it's particular structure.

This would be so much easier if I could edit and upload images but I'm stuck trying to explain what I'm seeing, I hope this is coming across and not further muddying the waters.

z, I really hope you don't feel as though you're being piled on here. This situation is really something none of us would ever have considered as possible 3 1/2 months ago yet here we are facing it.

In that time, it is true that this thread has become a bit cliquish, and you see that there are several contributors who have both experience and have been willing to share and give of their time (a great deal of it) so it is only natural that questioning of things that have been determined in the past to have been answered is going to meet with some resistance.

Not saying that it is the correct way to do this, just stating something obvious to many. Questions are great, questioning answers is as well (especially those of Tepco et al). All I am asking, from all involved, is to keep in mind that stress levels worldwide are raised. This is especially true in this thread as we have a more concentrated awareness-level here you'd be hard pressed to find just about anywhere else.

If you've got a hypothesis of your own, feel free to share. Just remember that such suppositions are going to require quite the burden of proof, so be prepared to back up what you're saying.

Take a look at how I've presented my case in this post above ths commentary segment and how it is received to get an idea of how to proceed.

(watch me get flamed from all sides on this)
edit on 15-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Slight formatting change

Silverlok, SFA, Wert, and anyone else that this might pertain to,

I don't think z is trying to say we're completely wrong in the assessments we've come to rely on, rather I believe he is saying he will take what is being presented under advisement but will withhold judgement at this time. There are often several explanations which will arrive at similar outcomes all of which could be wrong or even partially correct.

Personally I think we've hit the nail, if not right on the head, then awfully close. With more data, more accurate assessments are probable, but we've got to try and describe the elephant, blind though we may be to people who are certain that no such creature could ever exist.
edit on 15-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Probably foot in mouth disease.

edit on 15-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Fat fingered typos

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

To Silverlok and SFA437.

Didnt mean to piss anyone off. But I gotta say, when I hear "this thread has been correct, prophetic, or insightful wel in advance of "offical" notice", "you are in the heavy weight league", "pi$$ in our communal bowl of cornflakes" and "Our accuracy here is running well over 85% in predictive analysis" and Im sorry, if youze guys are the experts, and the science has already been proven in your minds, and thats that, then your right, I dont belong here. Sorry for engaging.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

This is interesting isn't it? Hmmm.

Why the heck would they make a gate to look like a fuel assembly, dam them for intentionally trying to deceive us! (joking)
Why would they cover a gate with a tarp?
Then again the photographer standing that close to a recently in use, hot, and ejected MOX assembly, sitting on the floor for hours, would probably be dead by now. Wouldn't the tarp be melting? Wouldn't we be seeing some cherenkov radiation coming from it?
The object looks damaged and looks like it is not flat but arranged in layers. Could just be a folded gate. The spacing of the strapping looks more like the assembly (you can see through the first layers to the strapping on the back layers which has been distorted presumably by damage).

Looking forward to what Silver has to say in response to your post.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Wertwog because: clarified my lame attempt at a joke

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

reply to post by SFA437

To Silverlok and SFA437.

Didnt mean to piss anyone off. But I gotta say, when I hear "this thread has been correct, prophetic, or insightful wel in advance of "offical" notice", "you are in the heavy weight league", "pi$$ in our communal bowl of cornflakes" and "Our accuracy here is running well over 85% in predictive analysis" and Im sorry, if youze guys are the experts, and the science has already been proven in your minds, and thats that, then your right, I dont belong here. Sorry for engaging.

I see you as honest seeker but a bit lazy and wanting to be spoonfed. Not to pick on you but I've looked back through all 51 of your posts on this thread and in 10 posts you referenced relevant links/sources/data or information for us not necessarily in support of your opinions. The rest of your posts were commentary and/or comparing our experts analysis to the PF experts analysis (without links or data), disagreeing, or in support of others who were disagreeing with our experts.

Links to posts with citations/references:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... (off topic)

It's ok to disagree. Silver didn't say you don't belong. I think he said welcome to the club now PROVE you belong. Contribute more than your skepticism. It was a challenge to you to step up. If you don't agree provide the data upon which you base your conclusions and then you can play with the big boys.

He specifically said his response was not based on emotionality. He's not pissed off, if you think that you've missed the point. Get your ego out of it. What are we doing here? We're not in a pissing contest. We're not competing with ourselves or anyone else.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Wertwog because: fixed the link

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

and what appears to be rod core bundles and perhaps RPV cap minus it's flange( which it would be ) in the #3 turbine room :

I agree that looks hugely like a rod core bundle but it doesn't look like a rod core bundle that has been through a large explosive event and fuel meltdown.

I would suggest it is a new bundle minus its fuel pellets awaiting refueling of a reactor.

I considered it's nature before I ever posted this pic(in the beginning). First the rod assembly is missing it's outer sheath ( a metal square that runs the length of the assembly , or about 12 feet ), second it appears to be only one part of one assembly . Also the circular confinement within the core presents us with the difference of the square to the difference of the cube problem for any point inside it's circumference at a given tangential slice , or

If the rpv was closed then all of the material inside it would have experienced almost the same force from all directions simultaneously when it 'exploded', it is simple math distribution in a sphere...so the rods should have been severely damaged being cladded in carbon as they are ( carbon like the graphite in pencils , not a strong material under shear)

But if the rpv had a hole in the bottom then the math changes and an "eye of the storm" forms , meaning that some of the linearly aligned things along the long axis of the rpv core would experience a net concussive force of zero , the eye of the storm , and if this event blew the lid on the rpv then , somewhere we would find nearly unharmed rods from the center of the stack , minus their large surface area component ( the metal sheathing ).

and

as a reminder about how radioactive these things are and how they are constructed:
vimeo.com...

the construction of the rods is hollow 'straw' of carbon with fissionable treats inside ...from the factory ..reactors don't have hollow cladding lying around waiting to be filled , now I do not mean to be harsh , er wait yes I do ...do your homework for god's sake , and if not for the imaginary then for man's sake otherwise everyone will soon depend on either the state or someone who does their homework , those "institutions" are islands...sink or swim for the ones doing the homework there is only so much surface area on the back , and for the state they make a habit of "building" foundations out of ..somewhat wet materials

Think how long the cooling had been off line before that explosion. How hot do you think those rods would have got?

Do you really think they would go for that long full of uncooled nuclear material and land in another building after an explosion still as formed as that?

If that photo was of a nuclear core, then where are the radiation hits on the photo sensor taking the pics, I can see possibly 3 hot pixels. To take a pic of what was an active nuclear core from that distance with a camera you would expect a lot more than that. In fact I would be amazed if anything could get that close to take a photo.

You sent me a link to a video that shows you exactly what happens to the zircaloy a meltdown situation, think about what you are showing me and its effects and how that assembly (if that is what it is) looks.

There is no way on earth that a rod assembly would sit in a reactor meltdown, go through an explosion, get thrown 100's of feet into the air and land in another building looking like that. It is not possible.

I am fully aware of how BWR cans are made and I have done my homework and cannot find anywhere that states where the pellets get inserted into the assembly. If you could provide me with a link that shows the manufacture procedure of the pellets, tubes and can and where it is all finally assembled I would be grateful. I always like to expand my knowledge.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I am fully aware of how BWR cans are made and I have done my homework and cannot find anywhere that states where the pellets get inserted into the assembly. If you could provide me with a link that shows the manufacture procedure of the pellets, tubes and can and where it is all finally assembled I would be grateful. I always like to expand my knowledge.

This might help...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

This might help...

Thanks,

unfortunately not. As I said I am fully aware of the rod and pellet construction of a BWR rod and that it is inside a can but what that doesn't state is where the pellets are inserted into the rods, whether a sealed cannister system is delivered to the plant or if the pellets rods and cans are delivered seperately and assembled on site, which is the homework I have been told to do. Arnies video, as far as I can see confirms my hypothesis that there is no way those rods would still be intact. If they had not melted into liquid metal in the reactor the heat would have made them so brittle they would have smashed into tiny pieces either in the explosion or on impact with wherever it landed.

Silverlok is probably completely correct and it is delivered as a sealed unit but I cannot find anywhere to confirm that. To tell me I am basically an idiot for not knowing that is pretty rude and unnecessary as far as I am concerned.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

The only thing those sheets will stop is curious eyes from seeing in and nothing from getting out.

Unless of course a 1mm thick sheet of polyester is indeed a non-permeable membrane?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
reply to post by Purplechive

The only thing those sheets will stop is curious eyes from seeing in and nothing from getting out.

Unless of course a 1mm thick sheet of polyester is indeed a non-permeable membrane?

And they complain now that it's too humid and too much radiation to go into the buildings?

Wonder how much wind they will be able to withstand? The ground shaking? What if this crap falls down too?

Gives a new meaning to "cover up"!!

Gotta just hope they know what they are doing...yeah right...TEPCO's track record so far has been exemplary!!

Moe, Larry and Curly - where are you?

- Purple Chive

new topics

top topics

<< 938  939  940    942  943  944 >>

join