It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 89.htm
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Radiation has been detected in Tokyo.

OMG

This is getting very serious. If those plants go into full meltdown and turn into a highly radioactive inferno with a highly radioactive smoke plume, it's only a matter of time before the wind blows towards Tokyo...

This is most definitely a wake up call to phase out nuclear energy as quickly as possible.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Nother situation update from:hisz.rsoe.hu...

Situation Update No. 29
On 15.03.2011 at 04:34 GMT+2

This event should be changed in classification from INES 4 to INES 5.

Reasons:
- External release of radioactive material (in quantities radiologically equivalent to the order of hundreds to thousands of terabecquerels of iodine-131). Such a release would be likely to result in partial implementation of countermeasures covered by emergency plans to lessen the likelihood of health effects.
- Severe damage to the installation. This may involve severe damage to a large fraction of the core of a power reactor, a major criticality accident or a major fire or explosion releasing large quantities of radioactivity within the installation.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
30km no fly zone over Fukushima nuclear power plant. ministry

Kyodo News

link   
Lots of room in Canada. Already quite a few Japanese here.

Seriously - I wonder if there is some plan to decant an entire nation if the whole thing goes glowy for a couple of decades. Japan isn't that big of a place, and their neighbours aren't that friendly.

link   
www.youtube.com...

dedicated to the people in Japan.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Deathstarr54054 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Rachel Maddow on MSNBC has been providing a very good summation of events. I could have saved a lot of time reading these threads & just tuned in tonight. She's dead on & not sugar coating much. Pretty scary stuff to hear mainstream media point blank telling the truth about this.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Some good news:

Japanese authorities yesterday reported to the IAEA at 21:05 CET that the reactors Units 1, 2 and 3 of the Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant are in cold shutdown status.

www.iaea.org...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by MoosKept240

TheRedNeck: If they do have a "meltdown" and everyone evacuates, what are the chances 1, 2, and 3 all having a meltdown?

100%

And what if any, would the affects be on 4.

Meltdown... 4, 5, and 6.

TheRedneck

I read your longer post on the leak and the lethal levels so that in the end evacuation was needed, and that would mean all 3 would uncontrollably melt down. I knew that already, and since 6 are involved, this shouldn't be the shock is to see it written, but its too much.

What is this going to do to Japan? 6 of them?

What about the world?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I so much wish they would evacuate Japan, and yet, not sure its going to be safe here, from the 19th onwards. The moon is a big concern and the gravity pull from elenin, which is really big, bigger than earth. I think there is a lot of things coming up.

I wish they would be evacuated somewhere safe.

I also wish they would pull out their real technology and be able to clean up the radiation, I've read they have ways of doing this, but I think the people need to be moved to safety first. We may have to join them.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoppy
Some good news:

Japanese authorities yesterday reported to the IAEA at 21:05 CET that the reactors Units 1, 2 and 3 of the Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant are in cold shutdown status.

www.iaea.org...

Nice to know we've got nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop[/i"realo
Rachel Maddow on MSNBC has been providing a very good summation of events. I could have saved a lot of time reading these threads & just tuned in tonight. She's dead on & not sugar coating much. Pretty scary stuff to hear mainstream media point blank telling the truth about this.

Uh - - how much real truth do we really know>

I am no expert - - but I don't think even the experts know fully what the extent of "real truth"is.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by AstraCat

Interesting how they are just now 5 days later sending out representatives.

I mean they are sending more people. According to the news, our representatives have been there all the time.
But now they are sending new people to the deadly zone.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Even more to scare us. Are these old spent fuel rods in storage?

Even as workers race to prevent the radioactive cores of the damaged nuclear reactors in Japan from melting down, concerns are growing that nearby pools holding spent fuel rods could pose an even greater danger.

The pools, which sit on the top level of the reactor buildings and keep spent fuel submerged in water, have lost their cooling systems and the Japanese have been unable to take emergency steps because of the multiplying crises.

The threat is that the hot fuel will boil away the cooling water and catch fire, spreading radioactive materials far and wide in dangerous clouds.

Japanese Fuel-Cooling Pools pose an even greater threat

edit on 15/3/2011 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

The entire northern section of Japan can, for all practical purposes, be considered uninhabitable as of now. Indefinitely. Forever. Expect an official declaration as soon as they get everyone out they can. How far south this situation extends depends on many variables that I simply cannot compute.

There will also be a buffer zone where habitation is possible, but highly dangerous. I would imagine, combined with the economic disaster that is now Japan as well, this will become a slum where the poor go to die.

China's east coast is under threat... Russia's east coast is under threat... possibly some less major threat to Alaska's south coast, Canada's west coast, and the US west coast, possibly even Mexico's northwest coast, but I expect those to be short-lived relatively minor effects. I'm not sure about Hawaii.

God, I hate writing these posts.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I am watching Anderson Cooper talk from Japan on CNN right at this moment. He said just now as he was talking that he just received info that there is a NEW fire in #4.
edit on 15-3-2011 by xxPUSH0Noo because: misspelling

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Seeing that in writing makes it so much more heavy.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by xxPUSH0Noo

Thats a rerun of his live broadcast...........I would imagine he may be evacuating at this point .........

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Try writing it. I feel like I am writing a eulogy for a nation.

Time for bed... I still need to let all this soak in. And I think everyone else does too.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Well, thank you for the honest opinion and for writing it.
Someone has to.
G'night.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

Thanks for that info.; I did not know. I was actually wondering as soon as I wrote that exactly how new that info. was. Thanks everyone for being so informative on this site, I have been following this thread since page #1 and it is FULL of info.

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join