It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 887.htm
<< 884  885  886    888  889  890 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
further to my post here, regarding the very strange bright white line i noticed at # 4 reactor recently - www.abovetopsecret.com...

i said i'd post a pic of my screenshot, edited to darken the image where nothing of the plant was visible, but for the anomaly... i feel kinda silly posting a black rectangle with a white line, & i know it might be a pointless exercise as it's not allowing any conclusions to be drawn, but it at least kinda demonstrates how bright it was

i'm hoping someone with photo analysis skills (sorry, can't recall which member that is) can make a guess at what it may be, as it's still driving me round the twist

all i've done is darken my original screenshot twice, with the "shadows" function in picasa

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
New 1,000 millisieverts per hour debris found next to unit 3 (next to the previous debris which was covered up with rubble)

Tokyo Electric Power Company on Friday found debris releasing 1,000 millisieverts per hour in an area south of the Number 3 reactor building. It is the highest level of radiation found in debris left outside. Materials emitting 900 millisieverts of radiation per hour have also been found in the plant's compound. These materials are believed to be part of the large amount of debris contaminated with radioactive substances that had been blown off in hydrogen explosions.

source

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

Yes, Thank You so much...this is exactly what I saw. i even had a friend here, take a long hard look with me, and we both after some deduction based on , no sound/wind, the fact that smoke/steam was pouring out of every opening in R-4, that in all probability, there was a fire happening. Because it was at night, but, very well lit up by spot lights, it was difficult to judge the color of the emissions, but it did look much darker than steam. It also didn't rise up into the air like steam.

TY again...

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
The finger pointing has begun, Bet they didn't factor people actually being pissed, into their "plan".

Gov't, commission present conflicting views over seawater injection

TOKYO, May 22, Kyodo

The Nuclear Safety Commission of Japan and the government have presented conflicting views over why the injection of seawater into the troubled No. 1 reactor at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant was temporarily suspended a day after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

Goshi Hosono, a special adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan, said in a TV program Sunday that the suspension came as Haruki Madarame, chairman of the commission, pointed out that the injection could rekindle a nuclear chain reaction in a state known as ''recriticality.''

Of course, he didn't deny it...just more mystery speak....

Madarame, however, denied this, telling Kyodo News on Sunday, ''It is unlikely for me, as an expert, to say such a thing. I feel quite upset about that.''

english.kyodonews.jp...

Des

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
And here we have Japan making back room deals, to lift bans on produce and products from Fukushima, by China and S. Korea...shameless I say.

Leaders Visit Fukushima in Solidarity
By MARTIN FACKLER
Published: May 21, 2011

Premier Wen Jiabao of China and President Lee Myung-bak of South Korea arrived in Japan on Saturday for a two-day meeting that was expected to focus on resolving differences over Japan’s handling of the nuclear

China and South Korea have criticized Japan for spilling radiation into the air and sea, and have banned imports of farm products from areas near the plant, citing what they call inadequate checks for radiation. Japan says the restrictions are unjustified.

Before entering the shelter, a converted gymnasium, Mr. Kan steered the group to a table displaying strawberries, cucumbers and other produce grown in Fukushima Prefecture.

The leaders, who did not appear to have been surprised by the photo op, smiled and nibbled gamely.

“Very delicious,” Mr. Wen said. www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So here we go again....while looking for the May 22nd status of Fukushimai, got this in TEPCO'S site...

From 09:00pm, May 21st, there was a system failure on our website. There had been delay in update / our website became unaccessible.
The system failure was resolved at 04:00 am, on May 22nd.
Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Link on same page to status updates
May 22, 2011
Status of TEPCO's Facilities and its services after the Tohoku-Chihou-Taiheiyou-Oki Earthquake(as of 4:00 PM, May 22)

Which of course, upon clicking the updated status link on TEPCO'S site...leads us to this page. Am I surprised...NO

東京電力ホームページをご利用いただきありがとうございます。

お客さまがアクセスしようとしたページが見つかりません。

Page Not Found
We are sorry the page you requested can not be found on this server.

もしくは、サイト内検索機能が利用できません。

We are sorry the search function is temporarily unavailable.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Gamma Camera images from the ground floor of unit 1

MAP

source

edit on 22/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Very telling. Thanks for bringing this up. And, morning. The sun is shining here. The birds are singing. She is a beautiful world. And, deserves far better than what our species has been doing to her.

In regards those who bring shame upon our dealings with one another; I wanted to share another story on that same happening that has this to add:

The Nuclear Safety Commission's secretary Shigeharu Kato was present at the press conference, but he didn't deny the remark allegedly made by Madarame.

Haruki Madarame is increasingly known in Japan among nuclear critics and opponents as "Detarame" Haruki, which rhymes nicely with his family name Madarame. "Detarame" in Japanese means "outrageous nonsense, lie, falsehood".

SKF

I also have been thinking a lot about the workers and any and all residents of the world who have been, are or will be affected by the Fukushima nuclear nightmare.

While TEPCO.gov is assembling their compensation package; a claim must be filed for TBD long-term health care costs and environmental damages stemming from this horror story. They need to be on the hook, funds on deposit, to pay for the medical care of the suffering and disease and death, they have, are and will cause. TEPCO et. al., had better prepare themselves to pay for the pain medication in full when the "no immediate risk" time frame starts to show its horrifying long-term risk realized reality. When parents are sitting, day after day, night after night, by the bedside of their child battling leukemia, families better not be told that their "medical insurance" and TEPCO.gov et. al. does or did not provide a way to pay for treatment..and/or the price of the caskets and funerals that are surely ahead.

Here is a link to a review article in the NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL of MEDICINE published back on April 20. It is a beginning in forecasting the to be realized long-term affects of no end in sight radiation exposure. It will need updated in the future based on admissions of multiple meltdowns with no guarantee not to get worse; or even the existence of a realistically put forth roadmap for containing reactors that are the entire coastline, not a vessel alone any more, pumping poisons from strewn and streamed pools of burning FUBARium.

link to review article

The et. al. list in TEPCO.gov and "company" needs to involve a great many names of collaborating conspirators in the charade that did, is still and will cause further damage to people and our environment. As has been pointed out by Silverlok and others...there are a lot of names to be named - starting with the regulators, foreign and domestic, who do not regulate, but rather promote the nuclear power industry with murderous intent...Civil fines need to be levied against designers, builders, "regulators," environment protection agencies, et. al., to create a fund to pay for future to be determined costs and suffering.

Continued cover-up gravely neglects the crisis situation we are in and causes further untold damages.

Rather miffing stuff they are dishing out from Fukushima on an otherwise sunny day.

edit on 22-5-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: Coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Once again - thank you!

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
So here we go again....while looking for the May 22nd status of Fukushimai, got this in TEPCO'S site...

From 09:00pm, May 21st, there was a system failure on our website. There had been delay in update / our website became unaccessible.
The system failure was resolved at 04:00 am, on May 22nd.
Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Link on same page to status updates
May 22, 2011
Status of TEPCO's Facilities and its services after the Tohoku-Chihou-Taiheiyou-Oki Earthquake(as of 4:00 PM, May 22)

Which of course, upon clicking the updated status link on TEPCO'S site...leads us to this page. Am I surprised...NO

東京電力ホームページをご利用いただきありがとうございます。

お客さまがアクセスしようとしたページが見つかりません。

Page Not Found
We are sorry the page you requested can not be found on this server.

もしくは、サイト内検索機能が利用できません。

We are sorry the search function is temporarily unavailable.

The interesting thing about the TEPCO website is over the last week there has been more information released. But, the information is spread over a number of different pages with no links to the pages - the information is only available if you have been told the address.

Most of the interesting information is now only in Japanese - I have to hunt through the Jap pages before trying the English pages. I have also found the only way to access some of the information is to 'explore' the page from the page source.

An example would be the experimental analysis techniques being employed by TEPCO for the spent fuel pools - if you haven't heard about it its all there - with results - but no published links to the data.

Here you are:

Experimental Analysis for SFP's

edit on 22/5/11 by imlite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
To my felllow posters...Friday night I took a break and went with good friends to see a favorite band, The Why Store. Yes, sometimes you have to just escape, if only briefly, the horror of the situation. Even then, there are reminders.

This song seemed an appropriate note to send to TEPCO.gov et.al. from my musical friends; and it was some good dancing too. At the very least, it let's them know, from me, that we in this thread, and elsewhere throughout the web world, are watching, taking notes, remembering, and in a dance together to expose and end this madness.

TEPCO, I don't need your world.

Now that we are living in it...what are we going to do about it brothers and sisters? Thank you to those who continue to fight the fight in this thread to protect the true riches our world has to offer.

TEPCO: You haven't led, you haven't followed, get the H out of the way and empty your pockets at the door.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
latest enhanced Fukushima pic. Smoke/steam coming from #2, 3 and 4.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
here is a pic taken a couple of minutes later. Now the smoke has shifted slightly, and on an enhanced pic we can see the smoke is coming through the sides of #4.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

Yeppers, I've been watching for over an hour now...

Based on everything TEPCO has stated regarding R-4, and, the fact that the smoke is NOT coming out of the roof, makes me really think we have a smoldering fire situation....jmho...

news.tbs.co.jp...

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
in this magnified pic of building #4, we can see that the smoke comes not only from the used-pool, but from lower down too.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
In this pic, I have encircled what I believe the fire is .

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The feed is bright as day.... Sun is not due up for another hour.

Very suspect!
www.youtube.com... #t=555935s

edit on 22-5-2011 by Rakka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rakka

This site has links to other live web cams around Fukushima. Maybe useable for future comparisons. They have the train station, a racecourse and a city panorama.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I just took a look at the feed and there is definately smoke coming out of number 4. It is unmissable.

It is not on the morning news on NHK or Tokyo tv. It is not on any of the English language Japan news websites, and not on any of the Japanese language news sites that I have seen.

I also took a look at Tokyo`s radiation levels, which are stable at the level they have been for some time - about .75 m/s per hour. There is no detectable radiation in the tap water here. So whilst it is definately not good, I dont feel particularly unsafe in Tokyo right now.

Ill take a look at Fukushima radiation levels, it will take a while, Im slow this early in the morning.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Oh yes, and if any of my children get sick from this, Ill have my husband`s balls first, and go from there. I wanted to leave, but have not been able to.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
www.mext.go.jp...

This is the official website giving radiation levels for Fukushima. If you do not want to scan through for yourself, it seems that the levels have gone up slightly over the past two days in the areas closest to the plants, but not gone up a lot - by about a sievert.

Ild like to know what is in that smoke, and also why it is not reported on the news. I suppose it is more `lets not panic people, and keep them quiet and sheeplike`.

new topics

top topics

<< 884  885  886    888  889  890 >>

join