It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 826.htm
<< 823  824  825    827  828  829 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

Video from Unit 1

Link to video of unit 1 from TEPCO

latest Packbot Video of Unit 1 Uploaded to YouTube

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

. . . .
The photo of the panda from the zoo with its arms wrapped around the policeman's leg...wow.

Well that photo from your site sums up how this whole nuclear disaster is making everyone feel. Day after day of say it isn't so. Because of people like you and your diligence in reporting...this story will be told. Thank you from all of us. Even the ones who can still only just hold onto a leg because every new fact is a bigger disaster to behold. We are with you.

First, my apologies to those doing such a wonderful job here for having dropped out. Life has interfered with my ability to post. However I've now caught up and read everything. Most of you guys have done a fantastic job collecting and analysing information. My hats are off to you, all of them.

Re the panda picture, sadly this was an early indication of the lies and cowcrap with which we were about to be inundated. This picture was taken in 2006 in China.

Pandamonium
This photograph was published on 5 January 2006 in the English-language version of the Chinese news source People's Daily Online as part of an article describing a giant panda couple to be sent as a goodwill gift to Taiwan. The accompanying caption describes the picture thusly:
A giant panda holds a feeder's legs at the Chinese Giant Panda Protection Center in Wolong, southwest China's Sichuan Province, Jan. 4, 2006. China's State Forestry Administration said on Jan. 4 that the mainland would unveil a giant panda couple for Taiwan on Jan. 6. The Chinese mainland would present the selected pair of giant pandas to Taiwanese compatriots as a symbol of peace, unity and friendship.

It's a good example to us all of how careful we must be of any publicly presented information.

BTW, DancedWithWolves, I suspect you are more in the business of being a leg to be held on to, rather than being a leg-holder.

My heart breaks for the innocent children being exposed to high levels of radiation now. Statistics on injuries, even if made with an attempt at honesty, which they never were at Chernobyl, can never tell the full story. Many of these children will never show up on statistics, as they will have moderately injured thyroid glands, - the most common injury to children from long-term radiation, - and suffer permanently from low thyroid function, and will simply lack energy and tend to be obese all their lives, never knowing why they don't ever feel right.
- And never knowing if the radiation will give them cancer or heart problems, and, if it does, never being able to prove that was the cause.

World-wide censorship, lies and propaganda, huge areas contaminated for near enough to forever, workers being cruelly mistreated and irradiated to death, children having their health ruined when they've hardly started living, permanent world-wide radioactive pollution, an immense costs to permanently cover these poisonous sites, money not even available for the much needed Chernobyl sarcophagus, ............
all brought to us by those who believed humans had the intelligence and integrity to harness atomic energy.

Who gave humans the right to poison our earth and ruin the future of our room-mates on this little blue planet?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thanks for the correction on when that photo was taken. Not that Tepco.gov is recycling photos or anything

I still love me some panda. I'm going to call it a premonition of things to come in Japan. Animals know first. Ok...ok...I just like the panda. He stays as my unofficial mascot anyway. That panda is cute as all get out and looks like we all feel some mornings when we crack open the am news from Japan. So sad he was recycled. Zorgon I hope you can find a way to work him into your site anyway. On second thought...maybe an angry Panda would be more appropriate. Japan is even disrespecting and using the pandas now? Scumbagzzzzzz.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I see they have installed a ventilation unit in reactor 1 today (if you can believe Google translate)

www.asahi.com...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by imlite

something about these videos always makes me wonder about something.... I would like to know exactly where these bots are, because the vast majority of these rooms doesn't look as though there were huge explosions that blasted away most of the buildings, it looks too tidy...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Moonbeams771
Under the current law on sewage, recycling the sludge is encouraged. 80 percent of the sewage sludge is recycled as building materials [like cement], and the remaining 20 percent is buried in landfills.

Nice
rebuild your home wit radioactive sewage sludge...

Ummm... pass....

The conclusion that people in Japan might draw from that fact is that every load of concrete being delivered for any project, in any prefecture, should be checked by someone they personally trust. That person could be someone without any prior training because all they would need is a meter that can resample itself for accuracy and a notebook to write down the figures obtained. Both items kept with that person all the time; and that person having the final say so on whether the concrete load gets delivered or not. The decision on who could be that person could be made at the level of each village by ordinary people who know someone they would trust with their lives.
Just a thought that came to mind for everyones protection on all construction projects: that all concrete should be delivered during normal daylight business hours...
Comm

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Working on it... and now that things have slowed down I can start organizing it. This is the work sheet starting with the Tsunami. I have 8 pages of notes so far beyond this one. It will take a few weeks to finish though. I gotz no sexatary to help out

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Outstanding, truly outstanding. Looks like you've been working the morning, afternoon and night shift since March 11. No wonder your poolium is in such a state. Let the geese have their day. What a phenomenal job you have done - as always. Thank you so very much for sharing your time and talents...with or without a sexatary...you are doing better than fine.

The photo of the panda from the zoo with its arms wrapped around the policeman's leg...wow.

Well that photo from your site sums up how this whole nuclear disaster is making everyone feel. Day after day of say it isn't so. Because of people like you and your diligence in reporting...this story will be told. Thank you from all of us. Even the one's who can still only just hold onto a leg because every new fact is a bigger disaster to behold. We are with you.

That photo said to me personally that the Panda Bear who is so beloved by people of Japan that he/she wished there was some way to help the people besides prayer to a government official (the police officers leg captioned).
Comm

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Rainbow Warrior begins sampling off Fukushima
Blog by Sakyo Noda | May 3, 2011
It has been a frustrating few days on the Rainbow Warrior . Until Sunday we were stopped outside of Tokyo bay, waiting out bad weather, trying to find a ship’s agent to represent us and arrange entry into port to fix our broken...
www.greenpeace.org...

www.greenpeace.org...

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
Well, just one more thing before I head off to catch a few sweet dreams. Fairewinds has posted a new video today, however Arnie is not featured giving report as usual, it is Maggie Gundersen and she is interviewing an "environmental scientist and professional engineer Marco Kaltofen about his ongoing analysis of radioactive fallout from Fukushima."

Unfortunately, the video has not been loaded up on Youtube that I've been able to find, so here's the source link.

I watched that link last night before going to bed Angel; Maggie Gundersen seemed to handle the interview really well in Arnies absence leading to the radiation expert saying that a conscious effort to make monitoring of foods and dust on the ground, basically everything; a new everyday occurrence by all levels of government everywhere, and the rapid release of those figures so that precautionary measures can be taken by everyone...
Comm

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Tepco and Guv have stated they won't excercize the concrete option, preferring to dismantel the plant and remove all the radioactive material to be scrubbed and then buried somewhere where no one can see it.

IMO they don't want the thing standing there for all time as a monument to their incompetence and stupidity. The ugly side of Japanese "face" and "honor" strikes again.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Update for the Greenpeace testing:

we have finally reached the Fukushima coast to begin our research. The limitations set by the government mean we can only conduct a fraction of what we came here to do, and only outside Japan’s 12-mile territorial waters, but we are doing everything we can.

Greenpeace speak a lot of sense:

Many governments try to silence their critics, but our mission is not to criticise the government. The Rainbow Warrior is here off the coast of Japan to carry out essential, independent radiation testing, and to share this information with the authorities and the people of Japan. We have been, and will continue providing transparent information that will help people to protect both their health and livelihoods.

The Japanese Government has nothing to lose by allowing independent research by NGOs like Greenpeace. If it wants to avoid harmful rumours then more - not less - research is absolutely crucial.

We hope that the government will stop playing politics, reverse its decision to block our research, and allow us to do what we came here to do: provide clear, independent information to the people for whom help is needed.

Greenpeace

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
english.kyodonews.jp...

There has been a rise in radiation in the sea again.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I am not sure if this has been posted before but here is a detailed video on the construction of Fukushima Power Plant:

Fukushima Nuclear Power (English Sub) P1

Fukushima Nuclear Power (English Sub) P2

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeams771

Thanks for expounding on what I already posted.

posted on 3-5-2011 @ 08:11 AM this post Rainbow Warrior begins sampling off Fukushima
Blog by Sakyo Noda | May 3, 2011
It has been a frustrating few days on the Rainbow Warrior . Until Sunday we were stopped outside of Tokyo bay, waiting out bad weather, trying to find a ship’s agent to represent us and arrange entry into port to fix our broken...
www.greenpeace.org...

www.greenpeace.org...

signature:
I have seen the enemy and it is us.
Have a nice day....
greenpeace.org...

your re posting old stuff and or ripping off other peoples work.
Please bring in new information or at least read the thread before you post.
Thank you

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rubyeyes

I'm not subscribed to this news letter ( english.kyodonews.jp...) can you give us more in formation from the article?

edit on 3-5-2011 by rbrtj because: added link

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
N-plant crisis impacts bond market / TEPCO bond yields soar; April debenture issues down 50% from last year

I found this last night...it should be relevant to TEPCO and its not wanting to disclose radiation levels...

www.yomiuri.co.jp...

Not being a business major, I'm not sure if this is still relevant since the announcement I saw this morning mentioning the 4 trillion yen compensation figure.
Comm
edit on 3-5-2011 by Communicater because: word "compensation" added

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

This is referred to as the partially accessible list...
english.kyodonews.jp...
Comm
edit on 3-5-2011 by Communicater because: Link added

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by rubyeyes

I'm not subscribed to this news letter ( english.kyodonews.jp...) can you give us more in formation from the article?

Seabed radiation 100-1,000 times normal level off Fukushima plant TOKYO, May 3, Kyodo

Radiation readings have risen to 100-1,000 times the normal level on the Pacific seabed near the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, the operator said Tuesday.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I guess you clarified it better than I did Zorgon stating that fact; on the Japanese media that I have accessed to read and possibly pass on the news I am not listed as a member, just an outside reader; kind of like some people here on ATS I've heard mention of before.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It will good to hear from Greenpeace later when they fill us in on the amount of nuclear residue 12 km out.
I don't know about you guys, but I am so fed up with with governments that should be regulating and taxing the big wigs evenly across the board, so there is no real advantage to setting up shop in any place but their own nation.
Then we can compete much like our sports team do with a level playing field.All this talk of globalism is a total crock until this achived.
The people need to put a fire under our nations leaders feet or vote them out.
This is probably the wrong thread for econmy issues, but it is crux of the whole problem along with greed.
Thank you all for your efforts to bring the real issues to light and please write your congress person today.

top topics

<< 823  824  825    827  828  829 >>

join