It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 816.htm
<< 813  814  815    817  818  819 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I finally got around to checking the size and shape of the lumps in Walts head and it turns out we have a weener:

Tepco gets to pick a prize from the lowest shelf:

using that lovely diagram as a relative size reference looks like the RPV cap went into the roof side ways, of course I am sure both size and shape correlations could be a co-incidence , where is agent Mulder when you need him?

Now those video/picture of the pool at four seem oddly free of debris and almost insanely disorganized , but let's assume that Tepco ( who would never ever betray our trust and could never hurt us , just like the Sta-puff marshmellow man ) is not just FLAT-OUT LYING, like their last failure at the pool , and that this really is #4, what does it prove? that a small isolated section seems to still have some water ...we knew that , but since they were kind enough to give us some numbers , the pool should have 291,600 (u.s.) gallons of water in it , and (if I converted it right ) they claimed to be adding 119,000 gallons of water a day , so....

Either it's being converted to steam ( four does not seem capable of sustaining this heat ) or it's leaking, or they are lying .

If it's leaking where is it going , that is an awful lot of water ... frankly I think that water is being lost but not at the rate Tepco says , I believe the number of gallons a day that Tepco claims to be using is based on the normal evap + actual leak amount that would be happening if all the heat from all the intact rods were still in the pool .

so...it's an estimate that is designed to make it seem as if there are no missing rods , clearly somewhere Between 1/2 and 2/3 of the waste rods have been lost and given that no pumping was going on in the video and the remaining rods seem to be under some water it's a safe bet that Tepco is not pumping anywhere near what they claim and are in fact only adding back water lost due to evap , and leakage for say 1/3 of the rods , given the rods 35c-85c 'safe' temperatures we might be able to estimate about less than a few thousand gallons a day if that

the implication here is that they are intentionally boiling those containments out of #4's pool at the highest safe temperature they can because they cannot keep dealing with the radioactive waste water accumulating in the basement of #4 from the run-off.

Another though occurs to me and that is they are telling the truth and all that water is still getting into the ocean somehow, so Greenpeace could help them by coming and checking it out..wait what do you mean 12 miles...

also we still lack a good clear photo of the fubarium falls region , and the possible as yet unnamed poolium deposit on the east south east side of #4 (you know those areas conspicuously missed by the drone camera of the ever so expensive and crappy quality.)
edit on 30-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

I think the cap fits the hole, and I have never seen an image come from tempco that says it is not it.
Also your correct about the steam figures I don't see any water going on it from an outside spot like the fire truck as you pointed out, the hose to it is flat as a fritter.
What ever water they are able to get to the reactors and pools what's left of them is going straight into the wells and out to the ocean.
Be nice to see Greenpeaces samples out side the 12 km zone.

edit on 30-4-2011 by rbrtj because: made a boo boo

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Did you all notice that the boys playing with the robot trucks walked right by a bunch of debri to get to there nice lead lined control room that is right next to what they are working on.
Why not just sheild the loaders and dumd truck with lead and get to it and do it in small shifts with many men /woman.
Anyhow this thing has really got thinking that the inmates are running the prison, or the lunitics are running the asylum.
I'm tired brain hurts from reading all the reports.
The dumbness is wearing off on me. good night good people and be safe.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
reply to post by Silverlok

I think the cap fits the hole, and I have never seen an image come from tempco that says it is not it.
Also your correct about the steam figures I don't see any water going on it from an outside spot like the fire truck as you pointed out, the hose to it is flat as a fritter.
What ever water they are able to get to the reactors and pools what's left of them is going straight into the wells and out to the ocean.
Be nice to see Greenpeaces samples out side the 12 km zone.

edit on 30-4-2011 by rbrtj because: made a boo boo

yeah , although I think the Vast majority of the pollution was is and has been under tepco's control through either some broken plumbing or broken valve in the #2 sea water heat exchanger, since the have hinted that water can (of it's own accord according to them) find it's one from one reactor basement to another ...

But our next big fail is going to be #1 since they have been adding water to it's CV ( secondary containment )
(according to them ) since the 27th and they are currently adding it at about 1200 gallons an hour or 40 gallons a minute to,

" to determine rate needed to flood CV "

now why would they need to determine a rate ?

The water still measures as 1.7meters below the "top" of the rods ( mythical starting postion as they monitor has shown -1.7 meters more or less since 3-13) , which if the monitors are working brings up an interesting point, how could the RPV have been so empty for so long ? and where did the top 50% of the rods go ?
It appears that the reactor had a criticality on 3-26 that created two pressure zones inside the rpv one more that twice the other ..
..so it would appear that this desperate fill the CV with water attempt is a dual purpose thing a demand by the Japanese government to stop the aerosol pollutants so they can get on with lying about how safe it is and a controlled melt of any material left in the rpv and whatever has found it's way into the CV and torus , or in other words a burial at near the sea . My guess is that a criticality will re-start within the next 24-48 hours , and that Tepco is hoping for another quakes to crack the CV open and spill the highly contaminated corium water , in an 'accident' as opposed to them having to dump it like they were able to at 2, 3and 4

I hope not , but it's where I am placing my bets

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
Do all U.S. nuclear plant engineers search for air leaks with candles or is it only TVA?

It's beginning to look like all nuke plants are run by people living in the dark ages

Scary that...

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeams771

We need Toshiso Kosako to stop in here

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
Since you asked.
All this information you've collected here could be organized, maybe chronologically and by subject, so it's useful to a much larger audience (maybe the Japanese) to people who might hear about this thread, who are linked or even wander in.

Ah that... well I have been working on that.. just finished the Tsunami and Quake pages save a few updates on latest measurements. The Nuke situation is harder though because the info keeps changing.. I needz a sexatary to help out

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
This may have been already suggested. I just wondered if - as has been suggested - there were nuclear weapons shenannigans going on at these places, whether there is a maze of undeground tunnels connecting the reactors and providing a place for waste water to collect. If the US underground bases go on for miles and miles, it is likely that other countries and Japan have a similar technology too.

We really dont know how extensive any tunnels might be and but they could go on for vast distances under the sea, providing a great deal of empty volume to store waste water.

Just a thought and dont know how realistic or likely it is.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
More quotes from resignation. Accuses TEPCO.gov of playing Whack-a-Mole

Radiation adviser to Kan to quit over gov't nuke crisis response

An adviser to Prime Minister Naoto Kan on the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi power plant told the prime minister's office Friday he will resign in protest over what he called the government's impromptu handling of the crisis.

"The government has belittled laws and taken measures only for the present moment, resulting in delays in bringing the situation under control," Toshiso Kosako, professor on antiradiation safety measures at the University of Tokyo's graduate school, told a news conference.

It is extremely rare for an intellectual adviser appointed by the prime minister to resign in protest at measures the government has taken.

He told the news conference at the Diet building it is problematic for the government to have delayed the release of forecasts on the spread of radiation from the Fukushima plant, done by the Nuclear Safety Technology Center's computer system, called the System for Prediction of Environmental Emergency Dose Information, or SPEEDI.

He also blasted the government for hiking the upper limit for emergency workers seeking to bring the crippled plant under control to 250 millisieverts from 100 millisieverts after the crisis broke out.

"The prime minister's office and administrative organizations have made impromptu policy decisions, like playing a whack-a-mole game, ignoring proper procedures," the radiation expert said.

Source

We definitely need to invite him to join us here.
edit on 30-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The Building of first reactor at Fukushima...

In 1966, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) started construction of this nuclear plant in Fukushima, Japan. This movie explained the mechanism of nuclear electric power generation, and the procedure of construction of the power plant. Many Japanese people visited the movie theater to watch this movie at that time. This movie was digitized by the support of Saitama Culture Promotion Grant. This movie was kindly provided by Science Film Museum for free (www.kagakueizo.org...). I have personally obtained permission of the head of the museum, to upload this video.

Part 2

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

I was late to the party on this thread. But instead of coming here expecting everyone to tell me whats going on half way through. I started at the beginning. When i was done for the day, i bookmarked the page and when i had some spare time, i would go back to where i left off and continue reading...Rinse, Cycle, Repeat.

Eventually i caught up.

Now, if you want some kind of Bibliography, or a clear and concise thread on some of the more important information. Quit your whining and do it yourself. Stop expecting others to do the work for you. You will learn much better that way.

If you don't have time to do it, then tough luck.

You can't expect to start a book in the middle and understand the story or subject. If you don't have time to read the book, then stick it on the shelf until you do, or read a few pages a night until you reach the end.

To all the main posters on this monster thread, my apologies for going off topic and thank you so much for all your hard work. It's much appreciated.

edit on 30-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Quite a damning statement, but I wish he could have been a little more specific, I wouldn't bet he'll be allowed the chance to elaborate for some time now given the reports on "anti rumour" policing by the Japanese government...but it would be great if he turned whistleblower, or hooked up for a chat with one...
edit on 29-4-2011 by curioustype because: forgot any link/accreditation oops

Funny you should mention the whistleblowing angle as I would've thought that Wikileaks would be releasing stuff left right and centre by now.
Just hope that Wikileaks is as well known in Japan as it is elsewhere and people like this person think to dump any incriminating documents at Wikileaks where they can disperse the information to the rest of the world.
We can only hope I guess.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

Agreed. I dropped a hint in the new Wikileaks thread on ATS. Just in case.

Just saying...if anyone comes across a few leaked TEPCO internal executive e-mails, documents, blueprints (other than reactor 1 - that was already leaked) between them, the Japan government, the U.S. government, the EPA and a few other suspects who are controlling their own crime scene...give us a head's up. It's kind of important. Actually lives depend on it. Thanks. Much appreciated.

Please post here.

a.k.a. Japan nuclear emergency at Fukushima.

PsykoOps responded with this..

Japan was warned about Fukushima safety.

With this link:

source

The Japanese government has said it is doing all it can to contain the crisis at Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear power plant, which was critically damaged in last week's earthquake. But according to U.S. diplomatic papers released by WikiLeaks, that atomic disaster might have been avoided if only the government had acted on earlier safety warnings.

An unnamed official from the International Atomic Energy Agency is quoted in a 2008 cable from the American embassy in Tokyo as saying that a strong earthquake would pose a "serious problem" for Japan's nuclear power stations. The official added that the country's nuclear safety guidelines were dangerously out of date, as they had only been "revised three times in the last 35 years."

Other documents published by WikiLeaks also shine a light on Japan's seemingly relaxed approach to nuclear safety. A 2006 cable from the Tokyo embassy detailed how a district court ordered a nuclear plant shut down in western Japan "due to safety concerns over its ability to withstand powerful earthquakes."

The judge argued that local people might suffer radiation poisoning if there was a quake-caused accident at the Shika plant. That power station was only built to survive a 6.5-magnitude earthquake, in line with outdated regulations written two decades earlier.

However, the country's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency didn't share those concerns, the cable reports. It argued that "the reactor is safe and that all safety analyses were appropriately conducted." And in 2009, the high court overturned the closure order and declared that the reactor's safety measures satisfied "the government's quake resistance guidelines."

Another cable sent from Tokyo to Washington in October 2008 alleged that the government had hidden past nuclear accidents. In 2008, Taro Kono -- a senior member of Japan's lower house of parliament -- told U.S. diplomats that the ministry of economy, trade and industry was "covering up nuclear accidents, and obscuring the true costs and problems associated with the nuclear industry."

source

Wikileaks: Japan Was Warned About Fukushima

We are now at this stage in the life of our country and our world: WikiLeaks revealed that the Japanese Government was warned three years ago that earthquake preparedness at the Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant was dangerously insufficient.

Naturally, the leaders of the world are – or wish to start – prosecuting WikiLeaks, and not the Japanese Government.

The IAEA was saying in 2008 that Japan’s nuclear safety guidelines were dangerously out of date. A government whistleblower in that country was quoted in a cable to Washington the same year that a Japanese ministry was “covering up nuclear accidents, and obscuring the true costs and problems associated with the nuclear industry.”

And our government, in our name, continues both to seek ways to prosecute WikiLeaks, and to stick by the President’s ludicrous 2009 suggestion that we accelerate our national Nuclear Power program. The uncensored real oversight, and the truth about Japan’s irresponsibility, are both buried because the illusion of Japan as a successful safe nuclear nation is necessary to President Obama’s pitch, and President Obama’s pitch is necessary to some labyrinthine political calculation, and to the bottom lines of sundry international corporations.

We could say that the worsening news from Japan is coming by drips, except that the latest information from our own Nuclear Regulatory Commission suggests that there’s nothing to drip; that the water in the cooling system for Dai-Ichi Reactor 4 has evaporated and NHK broadcasts, late night our time, were filled with images of helicopters trying to douse the facility with seawater, as if it were a forest fire.

Most ominously are reports that read like the worst days of the dark, sick humor of the Bush Administration, when Americans were told to stock up on duct tape and plastic sheeting to protect their homes from radiation (and memorably one poor soul in Connecticut put it up on the wrong side of his windows). Why, truly, do you think people around Fukushima are being told to stay in their homes and offices? Because going outside somehow significantly reduces the chances they will be exposed to radiation? Because they’re safer indoors in the event the worst-case scenario develops and the thing spews out a kind of nuclear holocaust? Or is it because it’ll be easier to keep track of the victims of a best-case scenario if they stay where they are and don’t try to flee the area, and thus no effort will be required to see where they go and if they have taken radiation with them?

And the saddest story of them all: Gregory Jaczko, the head of our NRA stating this, bluntly, matter-of-factly, and even blandly:

We believe that around the reactor site there are high levels of radiation. It would be very difficult for emergency workers to get near the reactors. The doses they could experience would potentially be lethal doses in a very short period of time. This is a situation where people may be called in to sacrifice their lives. It’s very difficult for me to contemplate that, but it may have reached that point.

As you think of Japan, and you think of the aging nuclear plants in this country, and their nearness to our major metropolitan areas, remember that there are 180 human beings – our brothers and sisters – working around this Doomsday Machine that their government was warned about at least three years ago, about which it did nothing!

source

I would think by now though, there would be a whole lot more that needs retrieved. Plus a newly resigned advisor (see above) that might need to get a phone call to see if he would like to share a bit more on the whack-a-mole efforts. Hope anonymous gets itchy fingers and keeps digging.

edit on 30-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by imlite

"Seems they lost some assemblies through melt."

An earlier Gundersen video shows them lying outside the SFP. This could only have happened during the explosion which I think shows such explosions could eject materials from the SFP.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thanks for posting all that info. Very much appreciated.

There must be a tonne of new confidential information since the last update which looked like it was just a week after the disaster. Hope it finds it's way into the right hands and isn't locked and sealed away somewhere.
Will keep checking back to this thread (and also the other one) for any Wikileaks updates on Japan.
edit on 30-4-2011 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I was politely asked my opinion and I gave it. I wasn't going to answer at first because I knew the response from some would be "do it yourself!". I don't have the time to organize a project like that but some here seem to.

As for you starting at the beginning and going through 800 pages, good for you. My opinion is 99% of people won't do that. A lot of good information has been compiled here but in it's present format it isn't of much use to most other than as a daily, contemporaneous update, but even then it takes an hour or more just to read the daily pages. That in itself lends it value but it could be much more.

Making a suggestion on how to better use this thread isn't a complaint nor is it whining. Whining is going on day after day about the injustice of the whole situation, the criminality/incompetence of Tepco and the irresponsibility of the JaGuv then doing nothing about it when the answer is right before your eyes.

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

MrBill

Near enough every post you have made on here has been a dig at the contributions members have made on this thread. You are continuously going on about how difficult to read and messy this thread is, because it's to long and you can't be bothered to go and look for the information yourself.

That, not only is 'whining' about the content and the thread as a whole, it is also incredibly invalidating to the people who are spending their free time compiling, theorizing and trying to find the truth in the lies with the information that's available. Which is what Above Top Secret is about.

But, obviously this isn't enough for you. You seem to expect the main posters on this thread to then dedicate more of their time to compile a concise synopsis for yourself and others to read. Which quite frankly would be a lot of work.

If 99% of people can't be bothered to read through the information available, then that is their problem, not the problem of the main contributers.

If you want some kind of Bibliography done. Instead of continuously making digs and berating the content of this thread, why don't you try and organise a small group of members and tackle the task yourselves. Or politely ask the main posters if they are willing and able to help organise and make this task possible.

People will be more willing to help if you are not rude about it.

This is the last i will say on this as i don't want to derail the thread too much.

edit on 30-4-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 813  814  815    817  818  819 >>

join