It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 793.htm
<< 790  791  792    794  795  796 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Hi all.. this came in today at 10:50 am west coast time from GreenPeace

It’s been 25 years since the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. While for some it may be a distant memory or something to read about in history books, people living near Chernobyl are still affected in their daily lives.
Last month, Greenpeace went to Ukraine to investigate and found that the local people live with the disaster every day in health effects and in contaminated food supplies.

Get the first-hand account from Iris, one of our Climate and Energy Campaigners based in Hong Kong, who traveled to Chernobyl to witness the terrible consequences of this nuclear disaster - her blog includes interviews and images from some of the victims of Chernobyl.

Hold on link is messed up sorry grrrrrrr

edit on 26-4-2011 by rbrtj because: I always test link after it appears on ATS and it failed sorry brb

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow

Besides that he wasn't particularly conspiracy minded

Have you ever read his posts in other threads before 3/11? Or look at the sign he's holding in his avatar?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SammyB
That gave me a good laugh. Did you actually read my post? I stated twice that it was only conjecture. And did you happen to read above that guesses were welcome? Seriously? Just relax, it'll be okay.

You just Registered: 20-3-2011 and make such a 'guess'? Most people here are seriously concerned about his disappearance. We have enough issues with false info from TEPCO, we don't need 'guesses' like that to stir the pot.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rbrtj
Hi all.. this came in today at 10:50 am west coast time from GreenPeace

It’s been 25 years since the Chernobyl nuclear disaster. While for some it may be a distant memory or something to read about in history books, people living near Chernobyl are still affected in their daily lives.
Last month, Greenpeace went to Ukraine to investigate and found that the local people live with the disaster every day in health effects and in contaminated food supplies.

Get the first-hand account from Iris, one of our Climate and Energy Campaigners based in Hong Kong, who traveled to Chernobyl to witness the terrible consequences of this nuclear disaster - her blog includes interviews and images from some of the victims of Chernobyl.

Hold on link is messed up sorry grrrrrrr
The GreenPeace sight returns this message>>
Oops, something’s wrong!
It looks as though we’ve broken something on our system. The webmaster has been notified already. Please try again later... I
l'll try later, but here are the links any way.

links.mailing.greenpeace.org...
links.mailing.greenpeace.org...

edit on 26-4-2011 by rbrtj because: I always test link after it appears on ATS and it failed sorry brb

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
A nuclear bomb explosion is very unlikely at a reactor as the enriched uranium is low enriched uranium. Weapons grade is 80% u235 and reactors are usually around 10% or much less.

The most common design for a uranium war head is a cylinder of uranium fitting into a cup of uranium making it hit critical mass. Either piece by itself cannot do this but when they are fitted together that's when the become brighter than the sun. Up until that point they are on opposite sides of the bomb and when it is programmed to go off the couple together. There is nothing like that at reactors.

A plutonium one is ridiculously hard to do, as it is a series of collapsing blasts heading toward the plutonium, and if not done right, nothing happens. The measurements have to be unbelievably precise that many countries would never even try and build one.

The reactors are not atom bombs, and the spent fuel pools are not bombs, and will never become one, the Chernobyl core was fissioning and it did not release an atomic blast, so even if we get a pile of molten criticality the blob should never turn into a bomb, unless it is dropped into water.
Pred...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 26-4-2011 by predator0187 because: Added link

Or maybe, instead of being dropped into water, a gigantic wave of water dropped onto it?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mrbillshow

Only problem with your theory is that TRN and I were emailing back and forth constantly sharing data and opinions and even I didn't get a 'see ya later'... so yeah there is more to this than a simple he got busy or he was pissed off and left.

If you have the time to log in to ATS, you have the time to drop a 5 second "Hi guys I am fine... just to busy to chat" note.

You also overlook the fact that he hasn't posted in any topic, so being upset at people in THIS thread, and him being a moderator on ATS.. indicates that it is not the posters in here that are the problem, despite your trying to repeatedly make it seem like everyone in this thread is a 'freak' as you called us earlier

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here's some TEPCO wiggle words to read between...

Fukushima reactors status 26 Apr
House of Japan

Tuesday, 26 April 2011

Fukushima Daiichi PlantThe following is the known status as of Tuesday morning of each of the six reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant and the four reactors at the Fukushima Daini plant, both in Fukushima Prefecture, which were crippled by the magnitude 9.0 earthquake and ensuing tsunami on March 11 .

*At 10:12 am on April 25th, we started water injection to spent fuel pool
in Unit 2 by the temporary motor driven pump. The operation was completed
at 11:18 am.
*Work to connect high voltage power panel of Unit 1/2 and Unit 5/6 is
continuously under way. Before this work, the power source of pumps to
inject water to reactors was switched to a temporary diesel generator a
at 10:57 am on April 25th. The pump to inject nitrogen in Unit 1 was
stopped from 2:10 pm on April 25th. The pump of the residual heat removal
system to cool the reactor and spent fuel pool in Unit 5 was stopped from
12:22 pm on April 25th.
*From 10:30 am on April 25th, the dust inhibiter was sprayed to the total
area of 3,800 m2 around the mountain side of reactor building of Unit 5,
slope in front of administration building, and gymnasium building. The
operation was completed at 12:30 pm. www.houseofjapan.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

now that you mention a wave of water getting in it makes alot of sence and might have gotten to the reactors before the power generators and shorted the whole thing out and caused a little bang that made the bigger boom booms, what do you all think?

I can't post pics yet so it would help if we could see the back up power supply in relation the ocean and the nuke plants.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

continuously under way.

THIS scares me

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Could work also, but, you would notice a steam explosion, or anything of the like. It would be a big explosion if dropped in, if a wave came over the chances are it wouldn't explode.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
Two things strike me funny, that people who will accept any hairbrained conspiracy theory without evidence as long as it is juicy enough are demanding absolute evidence of TRN's comments and whereabouts, and, many of those responsible for driving him from this thread are completely clueless why.

They'll be the first to attack him for doing so, though.

Are you still doing your best to see this thread derailed ? I would have thought your bosses would have assigned somebody else to do that job because you've managed to completely fail at it.
If I was an admin on here you'd have lost your posting privileges by now

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Destinyone

continuously under way.

THIS scares me

Had a feeling you'd notice that little gem It says to me, that they are still trying to connect power. "Trying" being the key word here.
Also, no mention in their report, as to why, and most importantly what, is causing all the stopping of "continuous working".as they say. Just call me curious...

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshowand, many of those responsible for driving him from this thread are completely clueless why.

Do you have ANY proof of this? If so put up or shut up. Quite frankly I for one am fed up with your attitude against the members of ATS. Seems your only contribution to the thread is to insult others and derail the thread, which the last page or so show has been a success.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

I wonder if an explosion "under" a 30 ft. wall of water would even register, in all the ensuing chaos. It could have happened IDK.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
so no discussion possible on an discussion forum...

ATS has a firm policy of not discussing members, why they left, why they were banned and they don't allow goodbye posts. In the years I have been here I have seen many friends 'vanish' without explanation for various reasons...and if you didn't have an email you can't even write and find out what happened

I disagree with that policy because it depersonalizes members, but not much we can do about it

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I bet according to how they bailed on the large aftershock which I don't blame them and shows hows dangerous the place is, that no one was minding the ship after the earth quake.
I also believe they did not get any of those shut down automatically.
The remaining wave water could of caused the short that blew the back up.
remember when we had that fire at the breaker building?
I bet they have auto switches that turn those breakers on remotely and when they did the back up battery power or what ever hit the water in the building and blew the breakers.
Replacing the breakers won't work, in fact nothing will work untill they find the orignal short or shorts.
They have a very hard job if they can't get the people to even get close.
Russia made the people do it or they would get shot on sight.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
PLEASE start another thread on the topic of users no longer posting. This topic is inappropriate to this thead. I do not appreciate the continual attempts to derail this thread with this by certain users. THANK YOU. Next request goes to mods.
edit on 2011/4/26 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Would you notice a steam explosion when 10 feet of water is destroying the entire area?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Trying to find the map they speak of here...

Japan announces radiation map of Fukushima
26/04/2011 | 18:30:43

The Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) for the first time has released a map of radiation levels at Fukushima nuclear plant No.1, which was devastated by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

According to TEPCO, they began making the map in late March with the aim of measuring radiation levels at 230 locations in the plant.
According to the map’s data, by April 23, the radiation levels measured at most of locations were under 100 millisieverts/hour.

However, the radiation level at more than other 30 spots around the reactors No.1 to No.4 still exceeded 100 millisieverts/hour.

Basing on the map, TEPCO could transfer their workers to the plant to repair and tidy up the ruins in safe conditions en.baomoi.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yeah, a steam explosion off of a chunk of fissioning uranium would create quite a blast if it was exposed to begin with, if it was underwater initially it would be pretty difficult to retain criticality.

Pred...
edit on 26-4-2011 by predator0187 because: Made more clear

top topics

<< 790  791  792    794  795  796 >>

join