It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 749.htm
<< 746  747  748    750  751  752 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

Originally posted by Tworide
reply to post by Destinyone

The very informative and pointed daily posts about the situation at Fukushima by Dr. Genn Saji, former Secretariat of Japan's Nuclear Safety Commission at
www.ambersharick.com...

stopped the day (4/17) this link was first posted to ATS. I hope it's just a "co-inky-dink"

He sure wasn't happy with TEPCO and the Japanese govt response to the disaster.
edit on 19-4-2011 by Tworide because: added date

Perhaps the site owner just hasn't updated with the latest report from Dr Saji? It's only been a couple of days
Here is her twitter account. Amber Sharick It has not been active since then either. Would be nice to know where she gets ahold of his reports.

The last update from Fairewinds took 5 days and I was eagerly (impatiently) cking for it daily.

These are personal communications forwarded to the scientific community and are posted here only to provide much needed information regarding what is happening on the ground.

Apparently these are emails to colleagues that she has been procuring and posting on her site. Doing a google search mostly comes up with her site and ATS, a few very small boards that point to ambersharick, and a very large portfolio of his published works and lectures. Looking at the abstracts, he's been vocal about the nuke industry safety for a while.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Communicater
reply to post by Silverlok

I'm sure you are just attempting to be continually informative as you have been through this, but just a thought.

Negative thought waves are by their nature inherently destructive.

Positive thought waves are the 180 degree reciprocal; creative.

Perhaps a lot of the information here is in kind of a middle window [ ] so to speak.

To my understanding of words/thoughts/expressions/creativeness/destructiveness in that middle window can be likened to treading water, not really ascending or descending; or going forwards or backwards, perhaps likened to an aircraft in a headwind whose actual speed over ground is absolute zero because the two forces are in equal and opposite reaction to each other.

I'm not trying to be critical of people posting; just attempting to express my thoughts in an understandable way.

The negatives are the lies and deceit... the positives are truth and awareness, which is the point of this thread. I'm not really certain what you are trying to get across here. Let's hope the truth and awareness has effects on those reading this. Finding issue with the truth and awareness, is like taking issue with the sun for the light of day. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Radiation at No. 2 spent fuel pool 30,000,000 times above normal & 15,000 times more than troubled No. 4 pool

… Monday night, Tepco said it detected high radioactivity coming from the spent fuel pool of the No. 2 unit, indicating that either the fuel rods in the pool were damaged or steam containing radioactive materials that rose from the reactor dissolved in the pool water.

Some 160,000 becquerels per cubic cm of cesium-134, 150,000 becquerels of cesium-137 and 4,100 becquerels of radioactive iodine-131 were detected in a water sample extracted from the storing pool on Saturday.

Additional Info
Press Release (Apr 18,2011) On the Result of Water Analysis in the Skimmer Surge Tank of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 2

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

I had the instant feeling your words are correct. Hopefully others will as well. I will give the + side some help.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

About Arnie Gunderson...

quite possibly , but he is speaking temporally and he does understand HOW the game with such big players is played . For example

The pool at #4 is a HUGE, HUGE problem for Tepco the Japanese government , and tangentially the U.S. government.

It contained not only waste rods but also an entire HOT core supply of rods , when focus was brought to bear on the fact ( regardless of the 3 meltdowns and other pool problems much less visible ) that Areva said it boiled off in an air meltdown ( a new and wonderful term) Tepco and friends ( government and corps) went into overdrive to try to spin this out , because a whole core melting outside of containment by itself will out do Cheronbyl ( see Chernobyl was a sprinter but Fukushima is a marathon man , the TURTLE will win this terrible race , they know this beyond a shadow of a doubt . their biggest fear is that 'the little people ' will find out TOO SOON )

They were so worried about it that Finally, government and the head of Tepco started sweating, talking about stepping down , then they conceived the plan of BLATANT deception with the water sampling of four ( to try to prove it didn't melt) they thought that nobody caught them and immediately afterward it's the head of Tepco saying I'm staying and the 6-9 month plan as "everything is under control, situation normal" and the U.S. showing it's support by pulling out it's troops now that "everything seems to be stabilizing"

what was stabilizing ? anyone with half a brain knows THEY HAVE NOTHING UNDER CONTROL HAVE A HUGE MESS OF MELTED/MELTING REACTORS AND POOLS and the only exit plan is to keep polluting until it finally runs dry enough to CHEAPLY smother

I should like to point out that after their " #4 water poolgate " water sampling "win" the JAPANESE government and Tepco were so confident in their bull# abilities they even extended the deception to " the government may let people go back to their homes in 6-9months " which is simply criminal. I should like to repeat that , they were so willing to work together to perpetrate a massive fraud that would have people moving back into a TOXIC WASTE ZONE THAT THEY KNOW CONTAINS RADIATION LEVELS HIGHER than Chernobyl simply to cover their , the atomic industry and Tepco's asses. Can it get any more criminal?

So the Cheronbyl type release or #4 pool gone critical choices that Tepco is now faced with not being able to outmaneuver, since they cannot deny lying about one the other or both, was a very shrewd tactic on Arnies part, and because TEpco and the government were allowed a little running space they now cannot deny complicity in shamelessly attempting to sell the Japanese people to the atomic energy crowd as profit induced sacrifices.

Timing in war is everything

Now could Arnie have stressed the other reactors conditions, and gone on to prove that 1,2,3, are all blown and leaking and have been for over a month , and that all of the other pools are probably gone or severely compromised , yes but Tepco controls almost all the info on that , and unlike #4 which cannot be hidden , do not have the same effect politically , publicly and more important ( to the idea of whom is willing to sacrifce people to this scam) commercially

His approach to #$'s pool-gate scam, and the #2 reactor are things that Tepco now cannot spin down when the problems with other things continue to present "unexpected" issues " that they will study later", and it highlights just how far governments / international interests and Tepco are willing go in their contempt and deceit. With only a little between the lines reading he basically spells out that the "hot" reactor is and has been basically a radiation aerosol generator for weeks and TEpco , the JApan government , and the U.S. had to know about it..that is a very special kind of pressure as it divides a group(s) that had thought they successfully closed ranks ( remember that term)

As people on this thread have noted getting average person A and B to pay attention to this disaster is hard due to the level of denial , no one ( truly human) wants this , complicated explanation about nucleotides and aerosolization are easily dismissed by the slightest push from the enemy ( oh golden boy with feet of clay...)
But , deceit , treachery, and complete disregard for public safety are much harder to dismiss or blow away.
As Aeons pointed out earlier in this thread , the power in the game needs to be shown where it is weak , Arnie knows these people he knows this game , and if he works for they what he has forced them to admit to and expose is so horrible , I shutter to think of what it is they are protecting

let's not forget that behind all this is a very lucrative weapons / arms/ nuclear energy international interest, that would shoot people if they thought they could get away with it ...oh wait they already have,
edit on 19-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Kail, had to log back in, just to give you a well deserved star for that post....Thanks to you, I too, can translate TEPCO wiggle words into real speak....Bless You Kail, for your keen insight, into the black and bitter soul.of TEPCO.

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
New wiggle words from the dark side...Press Release (Apr 19,2011)

Out flow of fluid containing radioactive materials to the ocean from areas near intake canal of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station Unit 2 (continued report 15)

On April 18th, 2011, we collected samples from seawater in the pit and in
front of the bar screen near the pit. As a result of the nuclide analysis,
radioactive materials were detected as described in the attachment.
Accordingly, we have reported the result of the analysis to NISA and the
government of Fukushima Prefecture.

* pit: a vertical shaft made of concrete (oh my...TEPCO can explain this in plain words.)
Appendix: Result of Nuclide Analysis of the seawater at the shallow draft
quay, Unit 2 screen and the water intake canal of Unit 1-4
(PDF 12.6KB)
Appendix: Radioactivity density of seawater(PDF 40.0KB) www.tepco.co.jp...

Des

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by commercialoligarchy
K people .. there is no shutter on a digital camera
the pixels would go more based on how long the camera was
pointed at a radioactive source, the shutter speed is virtual

the proof is that you see the image before you hit the
shutter button. Thats the CCD capturing just as it would
when you hit the button

No, it is dependent on the charge readout time unless you are using an ancient camera, most of a cameras hardware is designed to combat signal noise during exactly those stages of operation , and given the near speed of light of the particles , HOW they interact with the ccd and it's (almost ) negligible thickness, the white dots can be counted with a fair degree of accuracy as strikes inthe given time frame of the 'virtual' shutter, and the image on the screen is not updated continually, in fact almost all of the lag from updating it comes from read-out and transfere to internal memory, once again eliminating those as factors in the 'capture' time frame.
capture only happens at a prescribed charge on the ccd ( that's when you get white pixels ) , modern cameras then read to a 'temporary charge' area to reduce signal noise and increase camera speed , and while this charge state can be effected by gamma energy it is through induction not through a quantum interaction know as virtual photon ( that happens inside the ccd well at capture ) , and as such will have different characteristics as to how it's processed

the ccd well will treat it as a highly energetic photo, but the hardware in the camera will treat the surge on the temp charge area as noise and try to suppress it .

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Arnie Gundersen on Democracy Now discusses the Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant which was granted a 20 yr license extension by the NRC the day after Fukushima disaster. The Vermont legislature said no to the extension, so the owner of the plant, Entergy is suing the state, claiming the legislature has no right to make that decision, even though back in 2002 when Entergy bought the plant they signed an agreement giving the Vermont Leg the right to terminate their license in 2012.

They were short on time, but he does briefly discuss Fukushima as well.

Muchas gracias amigos for imbeding youtube vid assistance.

edit on 4/19/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Communicater

I understand . They say the last character we get to play before the passage beyond this plane is THE FOOL. The statements only appear to be negative, and while being one of the people willing to walk in the shadow ( I consider it some peoples duty to shoulder that onerous burden) occasionally, the expression on my avatar is like a hat worn only on special occasions. Understanding the mind of the adversary does not in any way condone or accept it although one must understand the fit .

The Japanese government and Nuclear industry has shown utter contempt for their own people, country and in fact the entire planet and human race those are minds very hard to visit and return from unhallowed, but do not for a moment believe it expresses a descent to those particular places of madness, I mean I'd rather not keep being the fool for ever

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Don't give it a second thought. Just call it my misconception. NoAngel2u clarified things in the right light...

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u
The negatives are the lies and deceit... the positives are truth and awareness, which is the point of this thread. I'm not really certain what you are trying to get across here. Let's hope the truth and awareness has effects on those reading this. Finding issue with the truth and awareness, is like taking issue with the sun for the light of day. lol

I hope you don't mind, I quoted this on a facebook post, giving credit to an anonymous "friend" for this great wisdom. Thank you so much for this clarity.

Many of my friends have been bashing me for being so "negative" about what is happening in Fukushima, and just my general "awakened" state with regard to many different topics (reporting the way things actually are, as opposed to what the media tells us is true). Whereas I was not sure how to respond, since it seems so obvious to me that awareness is superior to ignorance, as a state in which to exist. Your post stated it perfectly.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Agence France Presse - Radiation release from Fukushima won't increase much: IAEA

news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110419/sc_afp/japandisasteraccidentnucleariaea

VIENNA (AFP) – The overall release of radiation from Japan's tsunami-hit nuclear plant will not increase much between now and when it is finally brought under control, the UN atomic watchdog said Tuesday.

Japan has been working feverishly to bring the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, 250 kilometres (155 miles) northeast of Tokyo, into safe shutdown since it was hit by a 14-metre (46-foot) tsunami on March 11, triggering the world's worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

If you want to get down to dynamics; they may revise their release in the future to say since this involved 4 reactors vice 1, it is the worlds first level 28 event. (Not meant to be negative, merely analytical lol)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

I don't mind, and am humbled and grateful to have put together a few words that may be helpful to you.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
UPDATE 1-UN chief urges "global re-think" on nuclear safety
Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:28pm GMT

af.reuters.com/article/energyOilNews/idAFLDE73I1S620110419?sp=true

* Ban says Chernobyl, Fukushima show need for review

* Calls for review of world safety regulations

* Nuclear plants should be able to resist natural disasters

(Adds IAEA reaction)

KIEV, April 19 (Reuters) - The nuclear disasters at Chernobyl and Japan's Fukushima have shown the need for a "global re-think" on nuclear energy, U.N. General Secretary Ban Ki-moon said on Tuesday.

Ban said the 1986 disaster in Ukraine and the threat to the Fukushima nuclear plant following an earthquake and tsunami this year demonstrated that "nuclear accidents respect no borders".

"How can we ensure the peaceful use of nuclear energy and maximum safety? We need a global re-think on this fundamental question," he told an international conference in the Ukrainian capital Kiev marking 25 years since the world's worst nuclear accident.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would surmise your words helped everyone reading them. It is perhaps fortunate that I created the nexus for you to reply to what I stated as my thoughts. Perhaps this might even be a proven causation that higher thoughts do in fact interact amongst each other in a very + way.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Agence France Presse - Radiation release from Fukushima won't increase much: IAEA

news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110419/sc_afp/japandisasteraccidentnucleariaea

VIENNA (AFP) – The overall release of radiation from Japan's tsunami-hit nuclear plant will not increase much between now and when it is finally brought under control, the UN atomic watchdog said Tuesday.

Japan has been working feverishly to bring the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, 250 kilometres (155 miles) northeast of Tokyo, into safe shutdown since it was hit by a 14-metre (46-foot) tsunami on March 11, triggering the world's worst nuclear accident since Chernobyl.

(...)

That's pretty good , a French (*cough* areva lost 1.62billion* cough*) watch dog says, "The overall release of radiation from Japan's tsunami-hit nuclear plant will not increase much between now and when it is finally brought under control", wow . pretty amazing , what are they sending huge rolls of swan wrap , and corks to to fukushima. Perhaps France has those pixies and unicorns we were needing a while back finally ready go ...
how do you say massive FAIL in french? and what does 'disconnected' mean?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
April 19, 2011 12:28
Japan nuclear disaster no threat to Russia - expert

www.interfax.com/newsinf.asp?id=237594

MOSCOW. April 19 (Interfax) - Russian nuclear physicists do not see any threat coming to Russia even if the nuclear disaster at the Fukushima nuclear plant in Japan takes the worst scenario possible, Director of the Nuclear Safety Institute Leonid Bolshov said at a press conference on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear accident.

During the first few days after a nuclear emergency struck the Fukushima nuclear power plant Japanese personnel "demonstrated unpreparedness and utter lack of understanding of what was going on and only started dealing with the disaster seriously at the end of the week," he said.

"Meanwhile, we immediately deployed a crisis management system and our experts calculated the worst-case scenario instantly. Even under the worst scenario possible, the entire effective annual dose for children will be within the limits that will not impact their health," he said.

(...)

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

I should like to add to the bit about Arnie that he is admitting in the video to having some foresight ( guessing what superstupeco is going to try to throw desperately into the air ..pull...boom...to distract from their crime) and Tepco has until now shown a pattern of leaking a little real info and then trying to change the focus in this case : talking about 1 , 2 or 3, and it appears this is what they are already trying ... it is a ray of hope odd as it seems

new topics

<< 746  747  748    750  751  752 >>

join