Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 730
<< 727  728  729    731  732  733 >>

join

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Hope this list comes out in English soon... I don't have shorthand

Yes, they seemed to have a pretty sophisticated flow chart and an assessment of the challenges. An overly optimistic timeline, I think, but a plan of action, anyway.

It would be great if they would publish that flow chart/plan in English. I checked out the TEPCO web site and it's not there (yet) in English.

Also the government repeatedly stated that they would not be able to assess "if" the evacuees could return at some future date until they had more information and more comprehensive radiation assessments. This was their first indication, in typical roundabout Japanese fashion, that the exclusion zone may be permanent.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Vox, Rbrtrj, and Zorgon many thanks for the information on the pollen, you are quite right.
I was a bit panicking yesterday.
So i am glad the yellowish substance is the sign of spring.
Thanks for your voice of reason.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaHere
Kyodo News

NEWS ADVISORY: TEPCO chairman Katsumata mulling resignation to take blame
NEWS ADVISORY: TEPCO President Shimizu also mulling resignation: Chairman Katsumata

What does 'mulling' mean? Is that kinda like "I think maybe I should.." ?

Can't believe the economics minister said they will tell people in 6-9 months if they can return home. He said it depends on cleanup and removing contaminated debris but that would have to be processed at the plant..

Ummm what about the contamination in the soil, the houses etc?

And when TEPCO chairman was asked he says it will be up to the government to decide and he is sorry for all the displaced people, but all TEPCO can do is provide accurate info to the government and monitor it so the government has all the facts to make the decision...

Why do I get the feeling I am in a very bad dream that just keeps looping?

NEWS ADVISORY: Kan calls TEPCO plan to end Fukushima crisis 'a small step forward'
english.kyodonews.jp...

edit on 17-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I thought it would be good to have a copy of this here at ATS

Chronology of events surrounding crippled Fukushima nuclear plant

TOKYO, April 17, Kyodo

The following is a chronology of events regarding the nuclear crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station in Fukushima Prefecture, triggered by the March 11 earthquake and tsunami.

March 11 -- Magnitude 9.0 earthquake forces power plant's Nos. 1-3 reactors to suspend operations automatically (Nos. 4-6 reactors were shut down, undergoing regular checks). Prime Minister Kan declares nuclear emergency, directing local residents in 3-kilometer radius of plant to evacuate.

March 12 -- Kan inspects stricken plant. Radioactive steam is vented from No. 1 reactor's containment vessel. Hydrogen explosion rips No. 1 reactor building. Government expands evacuation zone to 20 km radius of plant.

March 14 -- Hydrogen explosion rocks No. 3 reactor building. No. 2 reactor's fuel rods are exposed as water recedes inside reactor vessel.

March 15 -- Kan scolds Tokyo Electric Power (TEPCO) officials at company head office. Explosion is heard near suppression chamber of No. 2 reactor's containment vessel. Explosion is also heard at No. 4 reactor. Government directs residents in 20-30-km ring of plant to stay indoors.

March 16 -- Damage is feared to have been done to No. 3 reactor's containment vessel, forcing workers to retreat.

March 17 -- Ground Self-Defense Force helicopters drop water on No. 3 reactor building. Fire engines spray water from ground.

March 18 -- Nuclear safety agency gives crisis involving Nos. 1-3 reactors preliminary value of Level 5 on nuclear accident scale of 7.

March 19 -- Tokyo firefighters spray water at No. 3 reactor. Government announces detection of radioactive materials in raw milk in Fukushima Prefecture and spinach in Ibaraki Prefecture above allowable levels.

March 20 -- Nos. 5 and 6 reactors enter stable condition called ''cold shutdown.''

March 21 -- Workers are evacuated from No. 3 reactor after smoke spews out.

March 22 -- Large concrete pump drops water on No. 4 reactor.

March 23 -- Elevated level of radioactive iodine is detected in water treatment plant in Tokyo, prompting metropolitan government to urge people not to give tap water to infants.

March 24 -- Three workers are exposed to elevated levels of radiation at No. 3 reactor's turbine building. Metro government rescinds drinking restriction for infants.

March 25 -- Government urges people living in 20-30-km ring of plant to evacuate on their own.

March 26 -- Radioactive iodine is found in seawater near drainage for No. 1 reactor at 1,850 times allowable level.

March 27 -- High levels of radioactive water are found in tunnels near turbine buildings for Nos. 1-3 reactors.

March 28 -- Highly contaminated water is found in basement of No. 2 reactor's turbine building. TEPCO announces detection of plutonium on plant premises on March 21 and 22.

March 30 -- TEPCO chairman Katsumata announces decommissioning of Nos. 1-4 reactors.

April 2 -- Cracked pit near seawater intake for No. 2 reactor is found leaking water.

April 3 -- TEPCO announces finding bodies of two workers at No. 4 reactor's turbine building on March 30 who were apparently killed in tsunami.

April 4 -- TEPCO begins dumping relatively low-level radioactive water into sea.

April 5 -- Radioactive material is found in young sand lance caught off Ibaraki Prefecture. TEPCO begins paying compensation money to municipalities facing evacuation directive.

April 6 -- TEPCO says leaks of highly contaminated water into sea stopped. Work begins to put nitrogen gas into No. 1 reactor to prevent hydrogen explosion.

April 7 -- Worst aftershock strikes Miyagi Prefecture, elsewhere.

April 10 -- Work begins to remove rubble, possibly emitting radiation, on plant premises with remote-controlled heavy machines.

April 17 -- TEPCO says it aims to bring damaged reactors to stable condition in 6-9 months, restore stable cooling to reactors, spent fuel pools in 3 months.

==Kyodo

Edit: I remember watching this on NHK:
March 19 -- Tokyo firefighters spray water at No. 3 reactor.
While the second truck was spraying a large cloud came into view then the camera very quickly zoomed out and on to reactor 2's bulding. I have since wondered if the cloud that came into view might not have been #4 exploding.
edit on 17-4-2011 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Interesting about the cloud.

I need sleep... will look and see if they printed that 'to do wish list' tomorrow

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

The photos show #4 being popped on or before the 15th,

edit on 17-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
What does 'mulling' mean? Is that kinda like "I think maybe I should.." ?

Believe it or not, sometimes there aren't direct synonyms in translation. In this case, the word being translated is something along the lines of a studied consideration. Mulling is a good word, but loses a bit because it has regional colloquial associations. Translating is a tricky business at the best of times, but in time sensitive situations like this, where pressure is on to get copies out in several languages immediately, you should be prepared to accept a few poorly chosen words.

Can't believe the economics minister said they will tell people in 6-9 months if they can return home. He said it depends on cleanup and removing contaminated debris but that would have to be processed at the plant..

Ummm what about the contamination in the soil, the houses etc?

And when TEPCO chairman was asked he says it will be up to the government to decide and he is sorry for all the displaced people, but all TEPCO can do is provide accurate info to the government and monitor it so the government has all the facts to make the decision...

Why do I get the feeling I am in a very bad dream that just keeps looping?

Not really sure what you're expecting here. A timeline has been established for the next six to nine months. Were you expecting specific dates for people to be allowed to move in?

That decision is now up to the government - this is part of the policies that triggered when things were moved up to level 7, among other things. Add to that the fact that it's increasingly unlikely that TEPCO will exist in its current form by the end of the summer - and add to all that the fact that 6 -9 months is tentative, based on everything going to plan.... and you'll see why there's a bit of reluctance to speculate.

What it all means is that people are going to need to be temporarily relocated, something that's been happening for the last couple of weeks. TEPCO has provided cash so far (and will continue to do so as long as they're around), and the government has been doing the same.

If the crisis was a simple matter of Fukushima, I'd be angry that they're not doing enough. But this isn't a simple situation. The displaced from Fukushima are a small part of the total displaced by March 11.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Now if they could show us the yellow dome of reactor 3 ...

They did but it was in an aerosol form, moving pretty fast, upwards and mixed with half of the containment concrete cap, half of the reactor vessel dome and half of the partially shut down MOX fuel assembly. LOL!!!

I'm so glad I can say that and not get flamed like I did when I said the same thing back on the 11th. I ended up getting the Godzilla Facepalm. (On Yellowbullet not this site.)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

er, temporary ?

really
you think anyone will be moving back to fukushima soon

If the crisis was a simple matter of Fukushima, I'd be angry that they're not doing enough. But this isn't a simple situation. The displaced from Fukushima are a small part of the total displaced by March 11.

wow again really ? ASSOCIATING THE TWO are entirely different. one is a human agency and the other is nature ( not unexpected in that part of the world by the way ). Tepco is a criminal company . They kill and are still killing, where is the justice for profit over safety of so many people ?
edit on 17-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

I think she's making a bit of a poke as the cap is totally in the turbine building.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
With about 40 windows open on this one browser I decided it was time to just go the last page (i think) and post this which I haven't seen anyone else post.

www.youtube.com...

I'll get another one for you from another site as soon as I can find it...

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Geiger Counters Unlikely to Detect Radiation in Food, Water

Great information you have there.

It's a classic example of disinformation. Yes the readings will drop off as distance increases. Yes some knowledge in operation of the equipment if required and yes they won't pick up dangerous levels for ingestion of plutonium.

However if untrained police and evacuation centre staff can use them to screen people without a jig to keep then probe at an optimum distance then the public can use the counters to tell the difference between background radiation and a bowl of spinach.

Anything to stop people making their own minds up what can and cannot be eaten.

It makes you wonder what we all consumed or still are consuming when this all happened at Chernobyl.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Good morning awesome Think Tank. Good morning TEPCO. We know some of you read here. It would be so much simpler, if one of you employees would just join, and post the current problems you are dealing with. We could help you much faster you know.

On to business...Here we have TEPCO's date and time of explosion in R4. According to them, of course.
(edited to add) this should help us in locating data based on date and time)

Unit 4(outage due to regular inspection)
-At approximately 6:00 am on March 15th, we confirmed the explosive sound
and the sustained damage around the 5th floor rooftop area of the
Nuclear Reactor Building.
-At this moment, we do not consider any reactor coolant leakage inside the
reactor happened.

TEPCO, we are tired of needing to read between the lines. Especially when you say, "At this moment, we do not consider any reactor coolant leakage inside the reactor happened:. To me that says, At the moment, you DON'T KNOW, because it's too hot to go and find out. And lower in the report ...See TEPCO, here you are telling us, you DO KNOW there is "leakage in R4" or you wouldn't be putting zeolite in it.

From 2:30 pm to 3:45 pm on April 15th, we installed 3 sandbags containing
zeolite (as an absorbent material) between the screen pump rooms of the
Unit 3 and Unit 4.

Complete report...
Press Release (Apr 17,2011)
Plant Status of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (as of 0:00 pm, April 17) www.jpubb.com...

Des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
getting hard to keep up with all the latest,
and did a search, but no joy,
so if this has been posted sorry.

www.rense.com...

Dr. Chris Busby Believes Fukushima
Was A Nuclear Explosion

seeya

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

Sorry buddy, but rense is NOT a reputable site.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Good morning awesome Think Tank. Good morning TEPCO. We know some of you read here...

hmm... TEPCO reads here?

then read this...
TEPCO you are cold heartedly KILLING 200 of your employees.

it doesn't matter that they are "volunteering" to stay on the job.
you are taking ADVANTAGE of their determination to stay on the job and set things in order.
Treating people like cannon fodder is in exceptionally poor form.

This determination will ultimately kill these workers.

If you, TEPCO, have any shred of human decency, you will immediately STOP
your employees from absorbing lethal doses of radioactivity.

You do this by hiring enough workers to share the work.
When a worker has received a year's dose of radiation, you take them OFF THE JOB.
You don't permit them to die to correct your problem.

Why the MSM has not commented on TEPCO's criminal behaviour is absolutely mind boggling.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Where there's smoke:

Source: Yahoo News/AFP

Smoke at another Japan nuclear plant

Smoke briefly rose Saturday from a control panel at a Japanese nuclear power plant operated by the same company battling to stop radiation seeping from a quake-stricken facility, a report said.

There were no injuries but the cause of the smoke at the plant in coastal Niigata prefecture was not clear, Kyodo news said, citing Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO).

The incident occurred in the evening during the checking of water purification equipment at the Kashiwazaki-Kariwa nuclear complex, the company was quoted as saying.

There is another ATS thread on it here:

ATS-April 17th: Smoke rises from control panel at TEPCO nuclear plant in Niigata

But apparently no further info yet, and not much on that thread.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It has now been officially one week since TheRedneck has visited this thread. Is anyone in touch with him?

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok
I e-maiedl a camera expert about the actual time for the lens speed but being outside it is probably 1/1000 or 1/2000 of a second which is scary because in just this one section :

I count 45 gamma strikes ( the orange circles are probably gamma strikes but I am not 100% on those so they are merely circled for your consideration ) which at 1/1000 of a second and given the section of photo relative to the size of the ccd ( 1/12 th) then that equates to 13,500,000 hits per second on one square inch
Now those are back of the napkin calculations but even at 1/10 that that is one hell of a lot of exposure

According to this, the exposure time is 1/100.

Not sure about the size of the ccd, but its 72 pixels/inch & 4 compressed bits per pixel.

Thats all I have, other than the obvious "1/2.7" 3.2 Megapixel Effective Super HAD™ CCD".
Sensor size 1/2.7" (5.312 x 3.984 mm)

No idea what that means.

edit on 4/17/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The "crew here" should take a look and see what you think...this is to the original causation of everything relating to Fukushima Dai'ichi so it should be relevant to this gigantic post...

If I am in error Mods please excuse a relative newcomer to ATS

MUST WATCH: Haarp Caused the Earthquake in Japan Smoking Gun Proof!
Posted on 11/04/2011 by Clare Swinney
Uploaded by havf8 on 9 Apr 2011

Writes 44-year old Canadian YouTube user havf8: “This video is about the real Hard fact and a smoking gun reality that Haarp caused this earthquake in Japan and has continuously been used to trigger quakes in the same location over a thousand times in the same location of Japan.
This is the first video that I discussed in this video that was filmed in Sakurajima, Japan 03/11/2011.

This is evidence #1 extreme proof that Haarp was used :
YouTube - Dziwne światło nad Japonią nad wulkanem Sakurajima [13.03.2011]

Evidence #2 this was taken on the same day that was taken from 4 different angles with 4 different camera’s views
YouTube - Japan 3/17/11 Multiple Strange lights spotted over Sakurajima Volcano.flv

Video shows tsunami crashing into Fukushima nuclear site now this is proof their was no tsunami that hit the Fukishima nuclear plant. Notice below the video that the ground in the bottom of the video by the highway is dry and that no large wave has submerged the land below the tree line. now where this camera was positioned was approx. about 1500 yards away from the plant, now what appears to be a wave that is about 48 ft. high, but it doesn’t show the wave going into the wall it just appears that the wave has hit the wall before the video had started recording.

Now if there was a wave that was this high then it would be also high at the bottom of the screen were it shows the shore line and all that area below this screen would have been all flooded and soaking wet.

So I believe that levees where breached in certain areas to give it the appearance that a tsunami had occurred and possibly a dam had breached as well but as you can see from this video there was “No Tsunami!” it as if this video was photo opted and also take notice that this camera man was moving the camera so wildly to create a black out effect so that you couldn’t fixate on the waves. But you all judge for yourselves. So take a look at:
Evidence #3
www.cnn.com...

This next video was taken on April 07, 2011 out of the prefecture of Miyagi, Japan it was a 7.4 Earthquake. Now what you are going to see is the same kind of light that you seen in the first video this time it didn’t last as long as what you seen in the first video because it was done at night and it would have been obvious that it would not have been normal as if it where done in the day, because most people would not have noticed it in the day but at night they would have noticed more so they tried too give it the effect of a transformer blowing up, but one problem is that where this light display was at was out in the ocean. look at where the reflection of the light bounces off of the land horizon.

The land horizon at night in front of a light reflection would appear black but in this video you will see a clear outline just beyond the land harizon line which proves that this glare of light was out in the ocean. Just enlarge that area where the glare appears and you will see it! This is Haarp and not a transformer that is blowing up!

Evidence #4
www.youtube.com...

Evidence #5
This is two Government Docs. that proves that the US Military is Manipulating the weather and triggering EQ, and Volcanoes and much more, but don’t let me tell you this just read the docs:

1st Doc is the Original
csat.au.af.mil...

2nd Doc is now admitting is that manipulating the weather is no longer a preliminary research that it is a reality now
www.cftc.gov...@lrfederalregister/documents/frcomment/…

top topics

<< 727  728  729    731  732  733 >>

join