It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 709.htm
<< 706  707  708    710  711  712 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
www.deq.idaho.gov/radnet_monitoring.cfm

healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/Health/SituationinJapanIdahoUpdate/tabid/1610/Default.aspx

Low Levels of Radioactive Iodine Still Showing Up in Idaho

www.kivitv.com/story/14440860/low-levels-of-radioactive-iodine-still-showing-up-in-idaho

Trace levels of radioactive iodine-131 (I-131) showing up in Idaho from Japan continue to pose no public health risks.

As expected, monitoring activities in and around the state have picked up very low levels of I-131 in air, drinking water, rainwater, and milk; however, the levels detected are far below levels of public health concern.

Low, but measurable, amounts of I-131 were first detected on March 21 in an air sample from a portable Environmental Protection Agency radiation Network monitor in Boise. Levels detected since then are declining and are expected to decline further as the situation at the Japanese nuclear facility is being brought under control.

Later monitoring in Boise showed trace amounts of I-131 in precipitation as well as one municipal drinking water system that draws its water from the Boise River.

(...)

edit on 14-4-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Hey That is a GREAT idea! The humans that are effected & are not leaving the contamination zone should
know they have the option of adopting these wonderful (if healthy) animals. Most of the animals would be extremely happy & what a great stress relief for both human & animal.
Dude can't believe I didn't think about that, star for you!! These people & animals need each other.

Ektar

link   
reply to post by XRaDiiX

Again, this is an example of people changing words because of emotion. I never said that we should put down people. You added that. I think this is because animal lovers see animals as being equal to humans and they are not.

This is why many humans will fail in this scenario. It reminds me of the movie Dawn Of The Dead (2004) when that stupid character put everyone's life on the one for the safety of her dog. They wanted to use her dog to bring food to the guy trapped in the ammo store, but when things went south she went running after the dog and everyone had to go chase her to save her...from herself. Because of that incident the shelter (the mall) eventually ended up being compromised.

In all survival/disaster movies, it's human emotion and irrationality that does them in. They face an enemy that has no emotion, that is clear in purpose, and does not get distracted. (Alien, The Thing, Night Of The Living Dead, The Road, The Ruins, Saw, The Day After, The Mist....the list goes on and on)

There is no room for being PC after March 11th. We are soon going to have to separate the survivors from the softies. I give you all two months before the S starts really HTF.
edit on 14-4-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Earlier, I said that they might be testing for a 100% mox fuel reactor at Fukushima, but I mentioned reactor 4 instead of reactor 3. Think of reactor 3 as their test subject for mox fuel, so they were planning to put mox in all reactors after their successful run on reactor 3.

Japan has been testing the usage of mox for awhile:

Japan has built one demonstration FBR, Monju, in Tsuruga, Fukui Prefecture, adding on to the research base developed by its older research FBR, the Joyo reactor. Monju is a sodium-cooled, MOX-fueled loop type reactor with 3 primary coolant loops, producing 714 MWt / 280 MWe.

Monju began construction in 1985 and was completed in 1991. It first achieved criticality on 5 April 1994. It was closed in December 1995 following a sodium leak and fire in a secondary cooling circuit, and was expected to restart in 2008. The reactor was restarted at 10:10am on the 1st of June 2010.[27]

In April 2007, the Japanese Government selected Mitsubishi Heavy Industries as the "core company in FBR development in Japan". Shortly thereafter, MHI started a new company, Mitsubishi FBR Systems (MFBR), with the explicit purpose of developing and eventually selling FBR technology.

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by mrbillshow

It has been stated the only MOX fuel (at 33%) was in #3. Is there any evidence of it being used in other reactors?

No, but there is no evidence it was not.

There is proof TEPCO have a well-earned reputation for dishonesty and shady practices,
there is proof TEPCO wanted to use MOX more widely,
there is proof MOX makes shut-down more difficult and can prevent the process,
there is proof Fukushima reactors 1 - 3 did not shut down properly, and
we've seen TEPCO acting in a manner which could be interpreted as indicating they have something to hide.

So I'd suggest keeping an open mind about what is and isn't where.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I'm curious as to why Anderson Cooper "3 F'in 60" thinks it's okay to worry about the animals left behind, and not the people in Minami Soma City. This just shows you how sick our species is.

SOFTIES AND DENIERS!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
There is no room for being PC after March 11th. We are soon going to have to separate the survivors from the softies. I give you all two months before the S starts really HTF.

If the only people that survive SHTF are the ones with no compassion, the humanity is useless as is. Dolphins show compassion and will actually stay around and die themselves if one of their family members is hurt. Your telling me if we think like that we are the ones that will die and be useless?

Uncompassionate people are the ones that have ruined humanity, not the other way around.

I would have Ghandi in charge any day before Hitler.

If we are ruled by selfless people, there is no reason in living, as we are denying our instincts and what makes us human.

Pred...
edit on 14-4-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Thanks you explained the situation better than I did, I ways trying in layman's terms.
I don't know why I tend to do that on here...probably my own insecurities of all you brains!

Ektar

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by Ektar

I'm curious as to why Anderson Cooper "3 F'in 60" thinks it's okay to worry about the animals left behind, and not the people in Minami Soma City. This just shows you how sick our species is.

SOFTIES AND DENIERS!

Why can we not worry about all of them? We have a brain that can multi task from evolution for a reason.

It is not white and black, we can and hopefully do worry about everything affected by Human's mistakes....

My thoughts goes out to ALL that are trapped in that area and hope the can all be decontaminated and taken proper care of. Something I cannot say for you....

Pred...

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Trace amounts of radioactive materials detected in more Chinese vegetables

news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2011-04/13/c_13827312.htm

BEIJING, April 13 (Xinhua) -- China's Ministry of Health said Wednesday that "extremely low levels" of radioactive isotope iodine-131 had been detected in various kinds of vegetables in 12 provincial regions.

The radioactive isotope was found in spinach, asparagus, lettuce, cabbage, Chinese cabbage and other vegetables in Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei, Shanghai, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Shandong, Henan, Hunan, Guangdong, Guangxi and Hainan, according to a statement from the ministry.

(...)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I would never leave my dog. She's my only child and as important to me as any family member. We'd pack up in the car together as soon as there was a hint of an incident and get on a plane outathere. People should have made arrangements for their animals. As humans it's our responsibility, part of the deal. Anyway.

A lot of talk about tarps and such. Not much going on eh? I doubt there's anything nefarious to these, probably just covering up generators, batteries, and other equipment to protect them from saltwater exposure on an open barge deck. Pretty common practice actually.

What did raise my eyebrows is if they are going to change the Capitol. Drip Drip Drip.... Que CBIRF team. Toyko, "you're on your own".

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Groundwater radiation level at nuke plant rises: TEPCO

TOKYO, April 15, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2011/04/85532.html

The concentration levels of radioactive iodine and cesium in groundwater near the troubled Nos. 1 and 2 reactors at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant have increased up to several dozen times in one week, suggesting that toxic water has seeped from nearby reactor turbine buildings or elsewhere, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Thursday.

The announcement came as the plant operator continued to grapple with pools of highly radioactive water found on the plant's premises, with the level of polluted water filling an underground trench edging up again after the company finished pumping out around 660 tons of water.

(...)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Could these containers be a part of what is under the tarps on the barge/ships? They are being loaded by the remote controlled vehicles in the areas too contaminated for workers. These are also the blue boxes we saw on the viewing screens. They would contain radioactive materials/debris from near the reactors. Some of these containers, I believe, still remain on site, but who knows how many have been filled and what all they contain.. Have to check that again in more recent images.

Here, again, is the remote control room with the screens showing these blue containers as they are loaded. Just wondering if the shape and or sizes would match anything under the tarps and would need a crane to load obviously. Just a thought as they must be designed for transport of radioactive contents of some kind already.

Thanks.

images

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I understand what you are saying. But if you watch the movie "The Road" those types of people are indeed the only ones who survive.

Look at my perspective. I live in NYC and there are a lot of animal lovers and dog owners in my neighborhood. Some of these people treat their dogs like children. But if NYC was in the same situation as Tokyo is now, and someone came strolling into my neighborhood with a radioactive dog, compromising the safety of the local human population because they love their pet, I'd have to get rid of the dog for my own safety and for the safety of my neighbors and my block (survival zone).

Don't fool yourself. This is coming. Most of the people on ATS having been waiting a long time for a SHTF situation...Well here it is!

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Yes, the Brains... Those guys speak from experience in their respective fields and areas of interest. My interests are good red wine (bless those California grapes
) and locally and organically grown Mendocino back-pain medication. Well, that along with my guilt-ridden Irish-Catholic sense of morbidity and experience in creating and participating in worst case scenarios for my work.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Yeah, but no one says a damn thing about helping the people in Minami Soma City. There are 20,000 people still left there. Whenever the subject comes up, people's minds go blank. Why is that? wouldn't you rather risk your life to go into The Fukushima Zone and save humans than to go in and save dogs and cats?

This is an example of mass denial. This is some psychology experiment, I tell you.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Could these containers be a part of what is under the tarps on the barge/ships?

a couple of maybes..and some for sure no....at least in my view point...the trouble is..I don't know for sure when they started filling those boxes up...other than when the pics released

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I'm sorry I don't know what you're talking about? & why do you think I'm sick, not sure of your reference...
as my comment was related to me & my animals, if they were contaminated I would be too...if I wasn't contaminated they would not be contaminated & I would never put any other human or animal at risk period! As far as euthanizing, if I were suffering I would want to have the choice to be put down...

I'm not trying to be defensive in any way....the pages fly by here so quickly, so if you could please help me understand (or maybe I missed something in your post) please do, I'm here to learn but feel no animals should suffer.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

I was talking about Anderson Cooper, not you. The handling or mishandling of Fukushima by the MSM has been atrocious and insulting. No regard for human life whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Xposed humans are as radioactive as the xposed dogs, so anyone strolling into your neighbourhood could be as hot as the dogs, kitties, rats and budgies. Using your logic we should shoot the humans too. Nah. Unless the dog is from Fukushima/Japan we're all sharing the same shiate.
edit on 14-4-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I keep reading posts by people who say they would never leave their pets and I wholeheartedly agree with them, but they seem to be missing the point that these "pets" that people are going in to "save" aren't their own and are creating risk factors that should never be in the first place

These are dogs and cats placed into a situation where they are going to need to die in order to contain the spread of various types of contamination. This is not the fault of the owners who left them, since they thought the evacuation was for the short-term, or the people who are going to need to do the "dirty work." Their deaths will not be the fault of those people (putting their own lives at risk) stopping biological, chemical and radiological contamination, but those of TEPCO, the GoJ and the international community as a whole who are at fault for not responding to this event as the disaster that we on this site have known it is since DAY 1.

This is humanity's mess therefore it's humanity's responsibility to handle it, even if it means we lose part of what it means to be human as we know it.

top topics

<< 706  707  708    710  711  712 >>

join