It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 650.htm
<< 647  648  649    651  652  653 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I know the universe we live in, the fishbowl, infinite inwards school, have had wonderful information on it. So, I suggest we all do what Richard Hoagland said when Kerry was interviewing him, for PC: pull together metaphysically.

The Double Slit experiment, should tell us about the consciousness they've hijacked to help them with negative bring in the revelations agendas.

We have the ability to join in meditaion and neutralize all their technologies used against us, we could take their death beams, star wars, statellites you name it, and create so much Love on this planet, they'd be begging their overlords to come and get them.

And that is what i recommend. The kind of protests I want, is verbally assertive, ie. bullhorns, never stops, never caves in, kicks them out they are fired, but done also with meditation, prayers, spirituality, metaphysics, and invites them to join us, always.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hack2011
earlier in reactor 3, everything blew up in explosion along with the spent fuel rod pool, but how come they dont move the spent fuel rod to a safer location since they are doing controlled melt downs?

(*singing*....let's do the time warp again....)
I believe that they have been quietly doing that with the stuff being smuggled out at night by barge, since their plan of deceit seems to have no boundaries it is logical that they would be scrapping up stuff from three and four to try and "minimize" their coming 'revelations' about how it's "not so bad , see how little stuff is actually on the ground....."etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

"that means they want the public to know this now."

This.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by Silverlok

reply to post by Silverlok

As for TEPCO I'm imagining a big fat quy in a white suit with several pygmy-sized pink and purple haired females feeding him sushi from their bellybuttons while enjoying a small entertainment of orphaned naked children performing gymnastics on twister mats while issuing orders to a tall slim black-suited spook with pointy teeth. Awesome! Truly phenomenal performance! We should all be in awe of the sheer symmetry of at once appearing completely ridiculous and saving the global economy all that the same time.

Stepping up to welcome Tourists saying; " welcome to fantasy island " which , in the eyes of the MSM and tepco appears to be Japans new name

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Arrghh. I'm 100 pages behind. Can't keep up.

The temperature of corium can be as high as 2400°C in the first hours after the meltdown and can reach over 2800°C. A high amount of heat can be released by reaction of metals (particularly zirconium) in corium with water. Flooding of the corium mass with water, or falling of molten corium mass into a water pool, may result in a temperature spike and production of large amounts of hydrogen which can result in a pressure spike in the containment vessel. The steam explosion resulting from such sudden corium-water contact can disperse the materials, forming projectiles that may damage the containment by impact.

wiki

Although melting temperature does influence elevated temperature properties, such as creep strength, this is only of interest to researchers.
Data on creep strength at various service temperatures is available.
Melting range does not directly affect the oxidation resistance of individual heat resisting stainless steels. This is linked more closely to chromium content and is illustrated by comparing 304 and 310 types.Maximum service temperatures in air for stainless steels
Both have the same melting range of 1400-1450°C, but the maximum service temperatures in air atmospheres are 870°C for 304 type and 1050°C for 310 type.

link
edit on 10-4-2011 by SamSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

As for TEPCO I'm imagining a big fat quy in a white suit with several pygmy-sized pink and purple haired females feeding him sushi from their bellybuttons while enjoying a small entertainment of orphaned naked children performing gymnastics on twister mats while issuing orders to a tall slim black-suited spook with pointy teeth. Awesome! Truly phenomenal performance! We should all be in awe of the sheer symmetry of at once appearing completely ridiculous and saving the global economy all that the same time.

Stepping up to welcome Tourists saying; " welcome to fantasy island " which , in the eyes of the MSM and tepco appears to be Japans new name

HAHAHA! That is perfect! I wish I had thought of that... lol... omg. I hope we haven't offended anyone, but "FANTASY ISLAND" is about the best name anyone could give this C-grade sitcom. If it weren't for the hideous slow death of thousands of innocents incoming I'd be laughing my arse off right now.
edit on 10-4-2011 by Wertwog because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by morefiber

Good points. If the corium did separate into smaller pools due to irregularities in the rock and mixing with the lava, then it is possible that is a large part of the reason it hasn't flashed. Smaller pockets of corium or diluted corium would also mean the reaction would slow, meaning less heat and radiation (but over a longer period of time).

I just realized I have no idea what the surface tension of corium would be.

Keep thinking!

TheRedneck

Been thinking about this and it's probably bang-on, you are the man! The cracks and crevices of the rock may be separating the corium for now. That doesn't mean it won't reconfigure right?. Like you say depends on how hot, if it's hot enough to melt the rock, and how much seawater the chunks are sitting in.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by windwaker

I know the universe we live in, the fishbowl, infinite inwards school, have had wonderful information on it. So, I suggest we all do what Richard Hoagland said when Kerry was interviewing him, for PC: pull together metaphysically.

The Double Slit experiment, should tell us about the consciousness they've hijacked to help them with negative bring in the revelations agendas.

We have the ability to join in meditaion and neutralize all their technologies used against us, we could take their death beams, star wars, statellites you name it, and create so much Love on this planet, they'd be begging their overlords to come and get them.

And that is what i recommend. The kind of protests I want, is verbally assertive, ie. bullhorns, never stops, never caves in, kicks them out they are fired, but done also with meditation, prayers, spirituality, metaphysics, and invites them to join us, always.

Hey that might just work! You can't do that in the system though, too much negative stuff and supporting the bad guys by using it. So lets give away our houses and possessions to some homeless people that wont join us, and lets go into the mountains and meditate the world better, until we get shot to pieces with automatic weapons.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

reply to post by Village Idiot

Actually, yes. Had those diesel generators kept running as designed, this would be a completely different situation.

Had the emergency generators brought in after the diesel generators failed been capable of proper operation, this would be a completely different situation.

Had the tsunami not wiped out the grid, this would be a completely different situation.

Had any of a long list of minor disasters not happened, this would be a completely different situation.

TheRedneck

If the dog hadn't stopped to $^%, he'd caught the rabbit...

Major accidents are always a culmination of a chain of events where at some critical point(s) proper protocol is not followed. Any one single fault may not cause a problem, collectively they will kill you.
As a pilot, the "accident chain" scenario is pounded into your head always, ignore it at your own peril.

yes , but if THIS assesment is for real then by their own admission ( everything in it is carefully labeled " assumed facts" ) the secondary containment at several of the reactors is listed as " hole in roof to prevent hydrogen build up " which is an odd way to answer a yes or no question ( the question being do we have secondary containment or not ) , most importantly 5 and 6, and they admit to three meltdowns with , at best , salt covering the corium in a fine thermal blanket, so what we have here is a FUNDAMENTAL safety issue based on the design , age and placement of these reactors and waste storage as it would appear that the 'lone generator' is a white wash so the the ENTIRE NUCLEAR energy business can try to side step this horrific disaster by saying " human" error instead of massively corrupt and insecure operating conditions with materials that are life threatening under the best of conditions.

be very careful about buying the " lone generator " theory as it is total crap . By the time the generator ran out of gas the people at the plant already knew it was too late.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

be very careful about buying the " lone generator " theory as it is total crap . By the time the generator ran out of gas the people at the plant already knew it was too late.

Great point!

perhaps there should have been a second one up on that grassy knoll

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You know what Unity? I was just looking at the collection of Illuminati Card Game cards at a gallery website and I realized that there is something metaphysically wrong with this world. The way that the power structure is set up encourages evil and corruption. So much evil and corruption that it is unusual, which makes me believe a world with the opposite must exist.

I kinda get what you are saying, but I think its too late for this world, because so many people are part of the system. It's all they know.

I'm starting to think there is another better world out there. But since I'm here, I'm going to try to make the most of my experience and educate people when I can and when I know it's safe.

Illuminati Card Game Gallery

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

reply to post by morefiber

Good points. If the corium did separate into smaller pools due to irregularities in the rock and mixing with the lava, then it is possible that is a large part of the reason it hasn't flashed. Smaller pockets of corium or diluted corium would also mean the reaction would slow, meaning less heat and radiation (but over a longer period of time).

I just realized I have no idea what the surface tension of corium would be.

Keep thinking!

TheRedneck

Been thinking about this and it's probably bang-on, you are the man! The cracks and crevices of the rock may be separating the corium for now. That doesn't mean it won't reconfigure right?. Like you say depends on how hot, if it's hot enough to melt the rock, and how much seawater the chunks are sitting in.

Redneck,

The only thing I can think is that it really depends on type of rock, how much if any soil and soil type if not built right on bedrock, and the beach profile, and bedrock profile. Does anyone have geological data? I am assuming they would build on bedrock, for seismic reasons, but that may be a bad one.
My concern is that it is right next to the ocean, and looks like coast similar to Northern CA. If it gets deep, it will get cooled, but the steam should have an easier time getting out on the ocean side, since water saturated rock is denser than water alone.
You would have undersea radioactive vents/geysers basically.
If it gets into the pebble/sand, you may get a bubbler effect.
I think though there is hope it split up and cooled enough to stay put, but it needs to vent stream.

It all really depends on how much got out too. No way to tell from the radiation levels alone.

M

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
A week before becoming ground zero for the world’s biggest nuclear crisis since 1986, the Fukushima Dai-Ichi plant offered $11 an hour for full-time maintenance work in an area of Japan that was lagging even before last month’s earthquake and tsunami struck.

The wage, the same as McDonald’s Corp. (MCD) pays for part-time work in Tokyo, shows the scale of the northern Tohoku region’s economic blight and indicates towns may never recover from the disaster. Almost 28,000 people are dead or missing and 160,000 are homeless in Tohoku, where 25 percent of the population is 65 or older and job seekers outnumber jobs by two-to-one.

McDonald’s Wage For Nuclear Job Shows Some Japan Towns May Fade

Maybe they should pay them a little more,especially at a Nuclear Facility.........

I would agree , but it looks like this 'business as usual' method of horrible , horrible worker misuse is now serving a secondary but equally appalling use : spin

It seems that the nuke industry would like us to believe that it was untrained workers and human failure ( from untrained workers ) that caused the problem . And as such we can see a push to throw Tepco up as the scape goat ( hey in this game the lie is different at every level and everyone is expendable right? ), and beside being the ultimate insult to these poor people they have USED AS CANON FODDER FOR YEARS, is complete crap because it is the management and nature of the industry that created this spring loaded disaster, frankly if nukes are here to stay then regulatory agencies should do the billing collect the money and then pay the nuke plants , AND the death penalty should be instituted for infractions like Fukushima . Also share holders should have to bare part of the financial ( and possibly legal ) burdens in case of disaster

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Curious about all of our resident experts opinion on independent micro power versus the centralized grid model under which we currently operate.

'Artificial Leaf' makes hydrogen

Using a $4 million grant from the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy (ARPA-E), researchers at Sun Catalytix began work on their second-generation product. Rather than use an electrolyzer to make hydrogen, this product would make hydrogen directly from a solar cell. That would mean a renewable source for the hydrogen fuel and electricity.

Until now, research yielded very low efficiencies in converting sunlight to hydrogen using a solar cell. Nocera yesterday said that researchers are optimistic they can boost the efficiency rate and the durability of the material. In the lab, he said that an artificial leaf prototype operated for 45 hours without a degradation in performance.

At the ARPA-E Summit earlier this month where Sun Catalytix showed a prototype of its second-generation product, company executives said the research will take a few years to complete and about three to five years to create a commercial product.

Read more: news.cnet.com...

I realize much of the green energy is in it's infancy but I believe we need to explore the idea that each one of us has a responsibility to generate our own low cost, renewable, clean, safe power! The big boys will not be able to make their money so they will fight and use all necessary means to try and convince us all that this vision is impossible.

Remember they have a self interest in keeping you "on the meter" because they own the meter. Perhaps Japan after experiencing this awful tragedy will lead the way!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by autopat51
haarp, haarp , haarp!!!!!!! ENOUGH!!!!!! im so sick of hearing that EVERYTHING on earth is caused by haarp!!!!!!
....sorry...im better now...didnt mean to offend...im relaxed and calm now

Is someone "haarping" about HAARP again?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

...frankly if nukes are here to stay then regulatory agencies should do the billing collect the money and then pay the nuke plants , AND the death penalty should be instituted for infractions like Fukushima...

Dude, I got posts deleted and mod booted (not by Redneck) out of the thread earlier for saying exactly that.

I'm back and got yer back.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
I was wknderig if either Redneck or Silverlok (or anyone else that has some depth of kmowledge regardig nuclear fuel) could take a look at this report and see if it has any bearing on what may have heepnd at reactor 3.

We've established that there was likely 15 psi of overpressure, hanks go to SFA437 for his assessment based on his prior expertise. Along with the analysis provided by JustMike in conjunction with SFA437 that the energy output was roughly equivalent to a MOAB.

I don't think there's much of anything of either the spent fuel or the the portion that shot out of the reactor like a cannon when that thing went off. Our only slightly saving race here is that they haven't had as long with the MOX to generate that much spent fuel.

transit rules please ignore if time dilation has changed the universe

this report is very interesting as it in no way can be doubted that Tepco and the nuke industry KNOW EXACTLY HOW DANGEROUS ALL THE PARTICULATED WASTE AS AEROSOLS are and EXACTLY HOW MUCH IS BEING DEPOSITED ACROSS ( for the most part) THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE, it is definitely why no radiation reading around four have been released and why no video of #4 popping has turned up anywhere . 3 was bad , but four had more fresh active fuel in both cases most of it was aerosolized, and just like a hot air balloon , hot , so small hot ions tend to grow VERY long legs.
One of the posters here had friends and family going to Hawaii during all this .....according to my first run through that report this seems to have been a very bad decision as one of the important things is that they equate uranium transport with cesium transport
( meaning that if you have cesium you almost certainly have uranium in equal measure , weight obviously not such a factor)

I wish Redneck were right but I believe that the silence of the gilded lambs is far more criminal than large portions of north America can bare. I do not under any circumstance believe 'the worst is over'

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Whew...I finally caught up with my reading and am in the PRESENT. Great work everyone and thanks so much for the insightful information.

Ironically, it is sometimes in the past where we can find the greatest knowledge. Had Japan listened to the wisdom of their ancients, rather than relying on sea walls that are no match for the sea and building nuclear plants on the coast, their country would not be split in two by this disaster.

The signs were there...to be heeded:

Ancient stone markers warned of tsunamis

Tablets served as a reminder for many of the danger that can follow earthquakes

(AP) MIYAKO, Japan - Modern sea walls failed to protect coastal towns from Japan's destructive tsunami last month. But in the hamlet of Aneyoshi, a single centuries-old tablet saved the day.

"High dwellings are the peace and harmony of our descendants," the stone slab reads. "Remember the calamity of the great tsunamis. Do not build any homes below this point."

It was advice the dozen or so households of Aneyoshi heeded, and their homes emerged unscathed from a disaster that flattened low-lying communities elsewhere and killed thousands along Japan's northeastern shore.

Hundreds of such markers dot the coastline, some more than 600 years old. Collectively they form a crude warning system for Japan, whose long coasts along major fault lines have made it a repeated target of earthquakes and tsunamis over the centuries.

The markers don't all indicate where it's safe to build. Some simply stand — or stood, washed away by the tsunami — as daily reminders of the risk. "If an earthquake comes, beware of tsunamis," reads one. In the bustle of modern life, many forgot.

The tightly-knit community of Aneyoshi, where people built homes above the marker, was an exception.

"Everybody here knows about the markers. We studied them in school," said Yuto Kimura, 12, who guided a recent visitor to one near his home. "When the tsunami came, my mom got me from school and then the whole village climbed to higher ground."

I truly wish TEPCO had heeded the warnings of their forefathers instead of relying on their admittedly short-term high tech analysis in deciding to place a nuclear plant in such obvious harms way. Will we every learn from our past?

Source
2nd pic source

Nite all and thanks again for the great reporting today. I and many others are so very grateful that the information about this disaster is set in stone on ATS's site. May we learn from what we have discovered and experienced as well on these pages...our stone marker.

Peace.
DWW
edit on 10-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: 2nd pic source - second shift clocking out.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Imagine a scenario where the corium from two or three reactors managed to work it's way into a chamber of magma beneath the bedrock. Then imagine that that corium moved along to later be spouted out by a volcano such as Mt. Fuji...
Geez, the stuff Hollywood thrillers are made of...maybe I should write a screenplay

edit on 10-4-2011 by odd1out because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by makeitso

Originally posted by makeitso

Ummm...

That shot shows three isotopes present: K-40, I-125, and Pu-239.
  • Potassium-40 is naturally-occurring... it doesn't come from a nuclear fission reaction, so far as I know.

• Iodine-125 does come from a reaction, but in smaller quantities than iodine-131... so why was it detected and no iodine-131?

• Plutonium-239 is also a fission product, produced when U-239 absorbs a neutron and decays into Plutonium via beta decay. There should be a lot more U-238 than Pu-239, but they are showing no U-238 measured...
This is confusing as all get-out. I'm gonna look into that link some more...

TheRedneck

Water solubility for transport and particulate size , remember ionization is still at factor that close to the source certain things will have longer legs than others, other things will have a 'temporary ' velcro' effect ( like static cling )

top topics

<< 647  648  649    651  652  653 >>

join