It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 647.htm
<< 644  645  646    648  649  650 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
I'm not even going to ask how you get so many screen grabs without recording the NHK feed and screen printing. It is however greatly appreciated...

Paint Shop Pro v5.0 An older version that is DOS based... Simply set screen capture and hit a button to take snapshots while watching the video. I will need to break down and get a good video program

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I should actually have said "no appreciable levels of uranium or plutonium"...

It is not possible to completely isolate oneself from any material whatsoever, as long as that material is in existence. For example, we all know arsenic is an extremely poisonous substance, but arsenic is present in practically every food you eat! But it is in trace amounts, meaning amounts so low they cannot be adequately determined.

Chances are you have already been exposed to plutonium many many times. Maybe one decay here, one decay there. So have I. But the damage caused by a single decay is so tiny, so minuscule, as to be unnoticeable and certainly not dangerous. The problem with safety comes when enough decays happen in a short time to cause more damage than the body can repair, and the body is a pretty amazing work of engineering.

Forgive my simplification?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by okiecowboy

Well if you're not going to drink the milk you better not eat any meat either than but i will continue to eat it!

Suit Yourself but the levels are so miniscule for the time being there is not much to worry about unless you're very close to Japan
edit on 10-4-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

I fully expect to be admonished for this post...I accept the punishment I incur.

That being said, I hereby donate the first $10.00 to have you fixed....we certainly don't need you breeding.

Des

Not cool

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
www.asahi.com...

translate.google.com... .html

The independent studies that were far better than the Science Ministry ones, were conducted by the two leading universities, and soil samples past their 30 km radius, and their findings are very very alarming, but actually make so much sense considering the number of reactors damaged and spent fuel pools, and fission.

4 X's the amounts found in chernobyl AND, way past their evacuation limits.

Oh, and we're getting it here. Thats like our back yard from April 6th. Thats why my water tasted like a coal plant, with this oily crap, and there is yellow on the rim of my car windows now.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
GADZOOKS

Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake

Japan's Meteorological Agency on Friday warned the country's 20 volcanoes has become alive due to the massive March 11 earthquake, and a study said earthquake over 9.0-magnitude might hit Japan. Japan warns of massive earthquake and volcanic explosion after the April 7 earthquake. The Agency said volcanic explosion occurred after earthquake several times in history and people should maintain vigilance against this tendency. Meanwhile, quakes of the country's 20 volcanoes occurred more frequently after the massive March 11 earthquake, especially, the Fuji, Hakone, and Aso-San. Authorities in Japan on Friday announced a research findings which indicated chain earthquake over 9.0-magnitude might hit Japan and its offshore area.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 10-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
CBIRF in Japan

Meanwhile, at the U.S. Yokota Air Base in western Tokyo, a special U.S. Marine Corps unit trained to rescue people in chemical, biological or nuclear emergencies held a joint drill with its Self-Defense Forces counterparts Saturday and said it stood ready to help out if needed around the crippled Fukushima plant.

The 145-member Chemical Biological Incident Response Force flew in last week from the United States. It is the unit's first overseas deployment, but does not signal heightened alarm in Washington about Fukushima No. 1, CBIRF members said. It also has no plans to go north, closer to the nuclear plant.

The last paragraph is telling. The CBIRF has no intentions of going anywhere near Fukushima and it's purpose remains the same- conducting combat operations or force protection in highly contaminated NBC environments.

Since there is no active combat zone in Japan this means they are an FP force and what is in Tokyo that would merit an FP response in an NBC environment... yup the US Embassy.

Despite protestations to the contrary the US government is looking at the worst case scenario and preparing for it.

Like Redneck said Japan is effed up- most likely for good.
edit on 10-4-2011 by SFA437 because: Quote bracketing issue LOL

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

OMG, these poor people!

Let them have Detroit. I hear it's empty!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It would be devastating if another Earthquake 8.5 or large hit around Japan!. Or off the coast and caused another Tsunami we should let everyone emigrate to Canada and the U.S!

Maybe when the big one hits and if the Radiation gets bad enough in Japan they may have to evacuate large areas of Japan!

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet

While I appreciate the humor in some of the posts in this thread, I think folks should start using something similar to:

/sarcastic humor

(bad jokes here)

/end sarcastic humor

So that its more evident that it was an attempt at humor.

Because lately the humor hasn't been funny, and I've had to bite my tongue and fight the urge to /slap people on this forum for being stupid.

No amount of Ionizing radiation is safe, period.

/sarcasm
An' while you might survive for a time, ingesting radioactive materials is not a good way to test your genetic legacy.

Though I might let various politicians demonstrate this.

/end sarcasm.

So folks, you might need to consider some of us may not be in a joking mood or distanced enough from our outrage to realize you are joking.

Just saying,

M.

Don't get angry with the wrong people - If a little sarcasm offends you, can't you ignore it? I can't speak for anyone else but I am deeply concerned about the situation at Fukushima and I take it very seriously.

I get the impression that most people posting here care about the situation too, regardless of how they come across.

Officials who try to convince us that a little plutonium wont hurt us (despite years of science telling us otherwise) are the ones who should get the slap.

Seriously, how many times have we heard "not at levels harmful to health" or "no immediate danger"?

On a separate note - has anyone heard any further news regarding the leaks at Onagawa? I know they mopped up the puddles but they've forget to tell us if they've fixed the leaks

The 3 litres of water that were spilled at Onagawa NPP have been cleaned up.

IAEA Update

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Just wanted to repost the videos of the differences between a hydrogen explosion and a corium/water interaction for those coming late to the thread.

In the first video you see a non-directional explosion with a light greyish cloud (primarily pulverized concrete). You also see a pressure wave coming out and it's visible on top of the reactor building itself (path of least resistance).

In the second you'll see two separate and distinct explosions- one is the "usual" hydrogen blast followed 0.2 seconds later by a directional/linear blast which is dark grey in color. This is a corium/water interaction taking the path of least resistance (straight up and out the RPV and containment structure).

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Aw, come on! I thought this was all over except for the radiating, and now you come up with this?

Sheesh... If those spent fuel pools have any more problems, we could be back to square one.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This right here tells you what's important:

Kan is worried 'stagnation in consumer spending caused by excessive self-restraint would be detrimental to the Japanese economy and reconstruction efforts in disaster-hit areas', Jiji reported, citing an unnamed official.

Gotta get that spending machine back in action.

And then we have politician waffling due to the whims of those who would direct public opinion:

In Tokyo, the city governor was re-elected on Sunday despite a gaffe after the disasters in which he called them 'divine punishment' for greed - a remark he has since retracted.

I'd bet a large sum of money that someone didn't like the greed reference and sent a strongly worded warning regarding that subject.

And then they want to bring in top athletes from the world over:

He said the city would bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics to boost recovery.

Anyone think that the IOE would actually consider this?

This is the real Godzilla monster they're afraid of waking:

In the Koenji area of the city, about 15,000 people took part in a demonstration against nuclear power on Sunday evening, Kyodo reported.

'I learned of the event on (microblogging site) Twitter. Now is the time to stop nuclear plants,' the agency quoted participant Takashi Kamiyama as saying.

'I want to do what I can do for these kids,' he said, referring to his two children.

Organiser Hajime Matsumoto said: 'It's epoch-making that so many people gathered without being mobilised by a large organisation. It's become big power as we joined hands over the internet,' according to the agency.

It seems as though the illusions are beginning to tatter a bit around the edges and people are able to see the man behind the curtain doesn't know as much as he wants everyone to think.

Source for above quotes

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
www.jaif.or.jp...

I'm still aways back, but made it through this report and wanted to make sure you all get another chance to read it.
This report also has the information on the Onagawa Nuclear Power Station and Tokai Dai-ni power plants????

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
S. Korean schools cancel classes over radiation fears

EOUL, South Korea — More than 100 South Korean schools have cancelled or shortened classes over fears that rain falling across the country may include radiation from Japan's stricken nuclear plant.

The prime minister's office said radiation levels in the rain were low and posed no health threat

Source

that make sense to anyone? lets cancel school because there is no health threat

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
The last paragraph is telling. The CBIRF has no intentions of going anywhere near Fukushima and it's purpose remains the same- conducting combat operations or force protection in highly contaminated NBC environments.

yeah posted this from NHK yesterday..

Here it is proof that the team is NOT there to deal with the plants...
US nuclear unit drill

The US military has demonstrated to the public drills by a special unit dispatched to deal with the troubled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

About 150 members of the unit, which specializes in dealing with the effects of nuclear-related disasters, carried out the drills at Yokota Air Base in Tokyo on Saturday.

In an exercise to rescue people trapped in a building, members wearing protective gear first carefully carried out procedures to measure radiation levels.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 16:42 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

They brought with them a decontamination unit with doctors to cleanse evacuated personal

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Maybe when the big one hits and if the Radiation gets bad enough in Japan they may have to evacuate large areas of Japan!

There are several options... Detroit would be good; China has several Ghost cities that are complete and ready to use with minimal repair; Russia has offered land on their eastern coast that they have no use for...

But it will need to get a lot worse before they would consider leaving, and even then many would chose to stay

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet

So folks, you might need to consider some of us may not be in a joking mood or distanced enough from our outrage to realize you are joking.

In a few of the Tsunami videos I heard some people laughing as the place was being destroyed. In stressful situations the mind seeks to relive stress in strange ways... to try to distance itself from the horror. It's human nature.

I would say that the people who come to this thread are the FEW in the world who really do care, but are struck helpless to do anything about it. So when a little off humor appears directed at what we see as idiocy in the management of this, just let it go...

Originally posted by Moonbeams771

On a separate note - has anyone heard any further news regarding the leaks at Onagawa? I know they mopped up the puddles but they've forget to tell us if they've fixed the leaks

The 3 litres of water that were spilled at Onagawa NPP have been cleaned up.

IAEA Update

The spilled water was from SLOSHING of the spent fuel pools in 3 reactor buildings. On top of that they had 5-8 LEAKS of unknown source. I strongly suspect that it was a LOT more than 3.8 liters that was spilled.

After seeing the pictures of the pipe system this morning in the turbine rooms, I have to wonder how those pipes survived such major shocks without ripping apart, like the ones OUTSIDE the buildings at Fukushima did

So they had 8ish leaks from pipes and spills in 3 reactor and turbine buildings and all they had was less than 4 liters? Not buying that one

Hundred of kilometers of pipes... according to NHK report

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am curious, is there anyone on this board who still thinks the japan quake and nuclear disasters were not planned and executed to perfection? Have people seen the japan card in the illuminati deck of cards with combined disasters, that was published about a decade ago?

We are more than a month into this ordeal and still no definite answers about anything. I actually quit this board so I would not go absolutely ape # and lock myself into a lunatic assylum because I have a family to take care of and a job to pay my bills. Who would then take over?

Here is a serious question and please don't give me the "sorry its classified" bs answer. I swear I would (ats censor) if you told me that in private. Anyway HOW do these rods GET ENRICHED at the factory and WHY IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO DE-ENRICH THEM SOMEHOW? They work on fission so maybe use fussion TO FUSE them?

Come on, I am 100% sure they are hiding stuff on purpose to bring japan down to its knees and WORST TO KILL PEOPLE THROUGHOUT THE WORLD by radiation poisoning. The UN agenda 21 and georgia guidestones tell everything. Man I am so pissed...why aren't you????????

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Do you really think we are capable of creating a 9.0 quake? Can you present some evidence if you believe this to be true

I personally do not think we can a cause such a massive Earthquake but could possibly incite one to occur through drilling for gas oil etc.Or maybe Through HAARP somehow but i doubt it. But on-purpose comon?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It would be devastating if another Earthquake 8.5 or large hit around Japan!. Or off the coast and caused another Tsunami we should let everyone emigrate to Canada and the U.S!

Japan has long been expecting "The Big One" The one they got was NOT what they expected. Just to recap in context to what the Japanese meteorological agency is worried about... the other fault line. While the stress is being released on the one that caused the quake, it is increasing the stress on the 'Big One' Several people at ATS have been watching the activity on that one

Two significant quakes that were not after shocks occurred a 4.1 on the 13th of March near the tri corner fault zone...

...and a 6.2 on the 15th of March on the other junction of that plate...

What is significant is that Mt Fugi sits on that spot...

I knew about the other volcano that erupted in Jan in the south, and again after the quake... but this was the first I heard that 20 volcanoes have now woken up. I will have to see to what extent later today

new topics

top topics

<< 644  645  646    648  649  650 >>

join