It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 64.htm
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
It's time to stop believing the lies, put out there by politicians, the nuclear industry including the mining corporations, the Banks who back them and Wall street that fears more loses as plans for more reactors are being scrapped in the west.

One of the designers of one of these plants doesn't believe what's being reported by most of the msm.

Seattle man helped design stricken nuclear plant

By LUKE DUECY
KOMO NEWS

"I'm concerned, I'm very concerned," he says. "I have yet to see anybody from the plant who's an engineer that can actually tell us what's happening - they can't see inside there because it's highly radioactive." So far, Japanese officials say the explosion caused no damage to the inside of the reactor. But Karzmar wonders how officials know that. "I'm not sure the politicians are terribly right because they're using some phraseology that isn't quite appropriate," he says.

Ron Karzmar, a physicist and engineer, helped develop and manufacture all of the control panels and nuclear sensors inside the plant 40 years ago.
without power, the control panels don't work.

Come people wake up the energy corporations are lying to protect their future - nothing more.
edit on 14-3-2011 by verylowfrequency because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Russian news (gazeta.ru) say that new explosions are expected...
translate.google.ru...
(nothing new in the article itself, just the headline)

Briefly - they say that there are still problems with cooling reactor #2 and it may explode soon to.
edit on 14-3-2011 by AstraCat because: added a few words

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

very scary revelation by the people you mentioned !
and pretty much the nail in the coffin as far as i am
concerned . They will down play this as long as they can
till it is to late and people start dying . sad very sad.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Sorry, I was off-line for a few hours for personal emergency.

Looks like there's been some changes, I'll try to sum-up (again, just based on the "Official" / PTB -provided details). Looks like the big change is the last few hours (based on previous posts in this thread, which I won't double-check right now), is that now in addition #1 and #3 reactors at "Fukushima Daiichi" plant, the #2 reactor is being preped for write-off also (seawater/borate mix, etc.).

Unfortunately, at this moment Tepco's English Press-Release web-site (link) appears to be down (again), presumably due to overload because of all the extra attention.

So forgive me if I can't positively varify to "official" stories this summary exactly right now. Here's basically where things stand for the 10 total reactors at both "Fukushima" nuclear plants ...

Fukushima Daiichi (aka Fukushima I):
6 Reactors at this site.
  • Reactor #1: TEPCO is trying to kill it with Seawater and Boric Acid.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Can they do something like fly a remote control helicopter or rc plane over the area..Or maybe even some kind of drone with a camera? To check the state of the 2 cores.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

can you post this on the big quake thread please.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Russian scientists say there's no emergency of nuclear contamination for our country and the radioactive background keeps normal. Since we are rather close, I guess there's no much risk for other countries as well.

(no special source, such ideas are said both on gazeta.ru and vzglyad.ru)
edit on 14-3-2011 by AstraCat because: sorry for poor english, me worried to much

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Oil falls below $99 as devastating Japan quake, tsunami cripple economy, cut crude demand. apne.ws... #Oil #earthquake -MM

looks like gas will be going down soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
OK. I'll try to work for a little and have lunch (it's daytime here now), I hope nothing will blow and Japan will remain on it's place...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstraCat
Russian scientists say there's no emergency of nuclear contamination for our country and the radioactive background keeps normal. Since we are rather close, I guess there's no much risk for other countries as well.

(no special source, such ideas are said both on gazeta.ru and vzglyad.ru)
edit on 14-3-2011 by AstraCat because: sorry for poor english, me worried to much

translate.google.ru...

and

news.xinhuanet.com...

NEW DELHI, March 13 (Xinhua) -- Some Indian experts have warned that the explosion at Japan's Fukushima Daiichi nuclear complex may be worst than Chernobyl even as the quake-hit nation seeks to reassure its people that the country would not experience a full- blown nuclear disaster.

At least 15 people have been reportedly admitted to hospital with symptoms of radiation poisoning after a blast ripped through a reactor at the Fukushima nuclear power plant yesterday. The emergency cooling system is said to have been failed at another reactor at the Fukushima plant.

The authorities, who have ordered the evacuation of 170,000 people from the area within a radius of 20 km at Fukushima, 250 km northeast of capital Tokyo, however, said there are no health concerns though fluctuations in the radiation level can be expected.

But some Indian experts are not convinced.

"There are a total of 10 reactors at the two plants at Fukushima nuclear complex. Yesterday, there was an explosion at the No. 1 nuclear plant in the wake of 8.9 magnitude quake and tsunami in the region, which destroyed a reactor and reports suggest that another reactor may also explode," said Delhi-based nuke security expert V.K. Duggal.

"The Japanese government hasn't yet provided accurate information regarding threat posed by explosions. This is very worrying. The disaster may turn out to be more dangerous than Chernobyl -- both from the standpoint of population's exposure to radioactive material and radioactive contamination in the area," said Duggal.

Another expert Professor Subodh Gupta agreed. "We aren't at all aware of the status of the fuel in the core of the reactor that exploded yesterday at the nuclear complex. We don't know whether the core is uncovered, if the fuel is breaking up or melting. This is dangerous," he said.

Japan's nuclear safety agency has rated the incident at four on the international scale of zero to seven. The country's US envoy Ichiro Fujisaki told CNN "there was a partial melt of a fuel rod... but it's nothing like a whole reactor melting."

"But the explosion must have caused radioactive materials and gases to emit into the air. The most vulnerable elements discharged were iodine and cesium, two by-products of the nuclear fission process. These volatile compounds can well spread into the atmosphere and cause a massive disaster," said Professor Divya Mishra of Mumbai University.

Health officials in Japan said they will distribute iodine tablets as a precaution as iodine protects against radiation- induced cancer.

"The disaster could be on the scale of Chernobyl where the reactor core melted and radioactive fallout were discharged into the air, harming civilians living at a relatively great distance from the reactor. It's high time that Japan comes out with a correct assessment of the situation," said Professor Gupta.

I would recommend to everybody who CAN be in the contaminaited area to have tablets of iodyne...

"Health officials in Japan said they will distribute iodine tablets as a precaution as iodine protects against radiation- induced cancer."

Iodyne MUST be taken minimum 36 hours BEFORE you will be in risk of radiation. 2 doses are recommended as well as I know, but please contact with your MD / Pharmacy to agree how many doses are needed and in which quantity.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Fortunately Moscow is far away from Japan...
If you have a chance to buy Russian drugs, I suggest Iod-Active (йод-актив) it was used to cure Chernobyl victims.
Iodine itself is assimilated very badly. Russian drugs are based on milk moleculas (with iodine built-in), maybe there are any other combinations.
Also a test to find out if your organism has enough iodine - draw a few lines on yourself - if they remain vivid for a long time your body may not need iodine and large doses may be harmful for you.

edit on 14-3-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AstraCat

Russian Emergency Ministry confirms that radiation levels in the Russia’s Far East remain normal, but the ongoing change in the weather might turn the situation to the worse.

Russia Times

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Interesting Astra Cat. Thanks for your comments

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I just saw this come out about 5 minutes ago. Im not sure if this a just a re-report of old news, or if this is new.

Radiation level up at Japan Fukushima Daiichi nuke plant

TOKYO - Japan's Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) said on Monday it has reported a rise in radiation levels at its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant to the government.

Radiation levels at the plant reached 751.2 microsievert per hour earlier In the day, a TEPCO spokeswoman said, slightly more than the level one is exposed to for a stomach X-ray.

Its an extremely short article and dosent give much information.

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
What I believe based on logic…

The sizes of these explosions do not match the facts of how these reactors are designed. This is why the news is not showing any graphics of how these explosions took place in such a manner that “Did Not” destroy containment. They are pushing seawater inside a reactor is an effort to cool down the core (suposedly). However, the core creates the hydrogen. If the core is sealed, then any explosion of hydrogen must therefore be from the core, and not the cooling pumps. Japan is lying and if you think about it, that is why very few experts are being interviewed by the news anymore.

As well, they are letting you know one by one that the cores are exploding. Once number one exploded, then they said that number three was going to explode. Now they say that number 2 is going to explode and of course number 4 is going to explode as well. Why? It is because these explosions most likely killed anyone who knew how to operate the experiment at the facility and there is nothing they can do to stop what has all ready happened (full meltdown). They are simply letting the public know in a semi-controlled manner what’s going to happen before it does. But think to yourself. How can they say, “Yes number two is now going to blow” if they are actually doing everything that they can to prevent it?

I believe that Japan has experienced what everyone knew was going to happen. Now it is time for people across the globe to start measuring exposure and start protecting your families. If you live in California, Washington, or anywhere on the west coas of the U.S. then find out where you can go to get your own reading of radiation. If you have this equipment, please post your results and monitoring.

The U.S. Navy is moving its ships away from Japan after detecting radiation. They say it is just a little radiation, but, if it is just harmless, then why move out of the way. Notice that everyone is using false logic right now and doing the opposite of what they are recommending that you do. The reactor explodes and they tell you that the other ones will too, but we are expected to think that they are doing everything that they can to prevent it. All governments right now are in extreme cover-up mode on this one because from a top down perspective of what can only be described as the worst of the worst, they fear what the truth would mean more than the lies.

edit on 14-3-2011 by Hot_Wings because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
One more thing…

The time line of announcements is not fitting reality. For instance, after reactor one blew, it took a while for them to say, “It did not breech the core”. But after the 3rd reactor blew, they very quickly come on television to state that the core is not breeched. How do they know this so quickly after such a large explosion? The answer is that they know all too well that it is destroyed and so they do not need to even attempt to go down there to “look at it”.
Also, those explosions were monstrous. They exploded reinforced concrete structures. How can these explosions take place and only injure 4 or so people? The reason is that there is no one there at the site doing anything to stop the meltdown anymore that’s how. This is how they also very confidently state with absolute certainty that the next reactor is going to blow.

Start preparing for the worst my friends, because after all, it is 2011 and it looks like the world is in store for some real hurting. Can you say sayonara?

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Just saw on Fox "Officials confirmed a Hydrogen explosion at Unit 3 Plant"

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BasketCaseClown
Just saw on Fox "Officials confirmed a Hydrogen explosion at Unit 3 Plant"

I believe this one was covered some time ago. I just read the following on the BBC ticker:

"0945: Local media is reporting that water levels have fallen far enough to partly expose the fuel rods at Fukushima's Number 2 reactor - increasing the likelihood of overheating"
Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

They haven't mentioned any new explosions since the last one...

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I don't know if this video has been posted, and its too late to check many pages back. But reactor 3 was the worst kind, plutonium. Not only this, they said the reactor wasn't breached.

This video is a Shroom cloud, so the reactor was very much breached.

Hydrogen Explosion At Fukushima Number 3 Reactor (March 14)

They are lying through teeth and its very serious.

edit to add: Here near the bottom of this article is a picture of a plutonium mushroom. Looks the same.

www.absoluteastronomy.com...

The shelf life on this stuff is 24 000 years, and it only takes a tiny amount to kill.

www.accuweather.com...

This deals with the jet stream and it is blowing our way. 10 days to reach Seattle.

This is plutonium. Thats a mushroom, the core is gone.
edit on 14-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I find it unusual in the second reactor explosion (reactor 3) video that the roof is launched so high, while the walls are not damaged much in comparison. This to me is reminiscent of a shaped charge explosive i.e. a reactor core exploding up a reinforced tube into the containment vessel and the roof with a more 'directional' force than a simple hydrogen explosion. I would expect a hydrogen explosion to be more uniformly distributed if exploding outside the containment vessel in a reinforced concrete building.

Another interesting thing to note about reactor 3 explosion is the colour of the flame, there is much more than just hydrogen burning as the flame is a yellowy orange; not the expected clear or debateable blueish flame.

This is just one of the many 'stinky' factors about this whole deal, I beleive there is much more happening than we are being led to believe.

Most unusual part is that in New Zealand, a nuclear free country (you can see why we are), it's pretty hard to find potassium iodide for a precautionary stock.
edit on 14/3/11 by GhostR1der because: add country

new topics

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join