It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 627.htm
<< 624  625  626    628  629  630 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical

The photo you posted is not Fukushima Dai-ichi. I checked Fukushima Dai-ni and it's not that one either.

The coast of Japan is littered with reactors, so I guess it's yet another damaged power station that we haven't been told about.

I wonder if anyone knows just how many reactors in Japan are damaged and unsafe now.

It looks just like dai-ichi to me. If you zoom in it's a bit more apparent. I've checked several images of dai-ichi and I've even seen a few that match his exact picture (with the rectangular "item" floating in the water)

Michelle
edit on 9-4-2011 by Michelle129th because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

These are indeed crops from the hi-res photos of Fukushima Daiichi.

All I have done is open them in MS paint cropped the relevant portions out and added the circles. The hi-res photos are available for download.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves

Sharing...

I believe this is a link to the latest thermal imaging. Got to run so don't have time to embed embed for review. A little help? Thanks all!

thermal imaging

Using the link you posted, here's what I got...

Not Found
The requested URL /j/approach/defe...ren/230408.pdf was not found on this server.

Des
edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: sp

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
Sharing...

I believe this is a link to the latest thermal imaging. Got to run so don't have time to embed for review. A little help? Thanks all!

trying again - thermal imaging

Fixed. Back later. Sorry.
edit on 9-4-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
reply to post by Leo Strauss

I've added a notation to this image. LOL. Sorry Putzmeister.

As long as it's leaking there is lubrication, when it stops leaking, than you have to start worrying. At least that is what they told a guy I know who was riding along in a US helicopter which was leaking hydraulic fluid.

---------------

BTW, on topic:

That's the timeline from Toshiba, which built four of the six reactors, and says it needs 10 years to remove fuel rods and reactors, while containing radioactivity at the site. Other experts say it'll take decades: "The best solution is to entomb the site for 40, 50, 60 years," says one expert, to allow the radiation to decay.

www.newser.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I just want to say one thing to all of you. For about four years I've been a member of ATS and I've been following all of the top conspiracies, hoping to get enough inside knowledge to protect myself and my family from the threats that I feel await us.

Over the years I gained a reputation for being paranoid and for being an alarmist for trying to tell people about secrets that are not revealed to them, and for trying to spread the truth to save lives. It has been very hard knowing what many of us at ATS know, and I've been advised by family members and friends to stop going to conspiracy theory websites, and to stop worrying and "live life."

I almost cut out this hobby of mine completely in March, but I thank God that I didn't. Just when I was about to block my computer from accessing ATS, Fukushima happened. Because of the smart people who are members at ATS I think that my life has been saved. I now know that my obsession with conspiracies and the truth was for a reason, and that God led me in this direction so that I could know how to survive.

I think in the end it will be the people who know the truth who will survive and rebuild society.

I want to thank you all for being here and helping me find out the truth.
edit on 9-4-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Google will translate the pdf, but doesn't include the pics.

It basically says; no worries, the temps as viewed from 3000 feet up show there is nothing to worry about.

If you view the historical thermal's from them, the temps pretty consistantly drop, which is what I would expect to see from above while water is being poured onto the top side of the molten mess.

Putting the temps aside, they do give a good idea of where the hotspots that can be viewed from the air are.

edit on 4/9/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Amen!

I couldn't agree more, don't care what other people say.
The truth will reveal itself soon enough. Fukushima is "just" another confirmation.
That the rest of the world doesn't care is also because of the role Japan played during WW2.
Yes, another conspiracy and it's similar to the one concerning Germany.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks for the clarification, Des. I now follow what you mean.
There are certainly plenty of situations where a "source" can restrict the use of its material by the media.

Hmmmm... The source for the video of the Daiichi plant that I was referring to earlier (and which suddenly disappeared off air) could be such an issue if NHK didn't shoot it. Hmmm...

Actually when NHK came back online again they did a news spot about Daiichi, and while it was running they broadcast a couple of seconds of images that I'd not seen before. They were shown so briefly that I only managed to get one screen shot:

SOURCE: NHK World

Notes about the above image:
-- I don't know when the video was shot. It is supposed to be recent and "enhanced video" taken from outside the 30km exclusion zone. Considering that means it was shot from nearly 20 miles away, we can't complain too much about the image quality.
-- Buildings are ordered from 1 on the left to 4 on the right;
-- Building 1 appears to have some more pieces missing from the upper half superstructure than I've noticed in other, older images;
-- Building 3 appears to be slightly more collapsed on the longer side nearest us than in previous images.
EDIT -- Does building 1 look like it has lost more than half its outer cladding? I thought it had lost the top three "levels" of cladding but in this image it looks like more than that. Just a trick of perspective? Or maybe I'm just imagining it? I'd appreciate the comments/observations of members on this. (End edit)

I have not done any manipulation of this image. I simply saved it as a screen shot in .jpg format and uploaded it to ATS, as is. If any members are able to apply manipulation to enhance or bring out more features, that would be great.

Mike
edit on 9/4/11 by JustMike because: eta as noted in post

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

It is in fact Fukushima Dai-ichi. You can see the circled areas in this photo of the same location.

edit on 9-4-2011 by comawhite12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Michelle129th and post by jadedANDcynical

My apologies.
Somehow I was confused about the scale, and was seeing some things in the photos as much larger than they were.

I found this photo:

which clearly shows the area these photos were from in respect to the rest of Fukushima Dai-ichi.

However my concern still stands, that there was far more damage done to the nuclear plants across Japan than is being made public.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Wish list:

Knowing that some of the radiation lasts for years, and that a lot of their products are shipped worldwide, it would be nice to see a Google Map that shows the location of all major Japan manufacturing facilities, and the corresponding radiation readings of those locations.

Examples:

Sony (Playstation, PSP, Erricson Cell phones, TV, Computers, etc.)
Panasonic: (Televisions, Digital cameras, Telephones, Camcorders, etc.)
Fujitsu
Hitachi
Toshiba
Mitsubishi
Toyota
Honda
Nissan
Nikon
Cannon

You get the idea...

edit on 4/9/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Justmike, for my understanding, did you say that you had noticed in earlier pictures the same damage to the top structure at n.1?
I thought the frame was intact at n.1, it seems more damaged then before to me...
i could be wrong though

I also noticed that there is still smoke coming out of n.4 (it's around the mast)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Thanks Mike. The screen capture you posted, does fit in with the current weather conditions. A lot of fog, overcast, misty quality to air. I do think you are right about reactor No1 If this is after the 7.1 earthquake, there is less structure to see. Also, where are all those 100's of people supposedly working there...

I will send out a highly trained corps of stealth ferrets to locate Zorgon...He'll, I'm sure, have something to add to the observations.

des

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I've been around for a while and this is the first time I've been scared. This is a whole new world of hurt, unprecedented in potential for destruction. The worst is the unpredictability. I'm going to live to the fullest that I'm able. What else is there to do?

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Pilot

What hurts me the most is that I go everywhere and look around and I know that people don't care. Did you ever have a pet and when you were alone with it you told it something very serious hoping that maybe it would understand and help...but it just looks away and starts playing with itself? That's how most people are today.

God, I think if aliens landed and started attacking cities and eating humans, people would still go out to clubs on Saturday night or flip the channel to watch freaking Glee. I can't imagine anything more serious than what's going on right now, and people have no freaking clue!

I've lost a lot of respect for the average sheeple. They really are useless it seems. Who's minding the freaking ship anyway?!?
edit on 9-4-2011 by windwaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Mike wrote:

Well, as far as I know all material that is created and broadcast/telecast is technically copyright, but I'm not sure if that's what you mean by "copy written". Were you thinking in terms of "scripted", for example?

Yes, I understand what you are saying. What I was trying to say, in my own widdle way, was. All news stories used in media, are used with the understanding that the "source" of the story, is given credit in exchange for right to air.

If the "source" has put out info, not to the media, but to other agencies, the "source" can limit use of their info by media outlets.

Hope I'm saying this right...I'm much better at describing pictures I "see" in my widdle head
What I "see" at Fukushima, is hurtful to look at.

Des

Copyright protection of intellectual property is inherent when the work is created. One cannot use or reprint it in any way without permission. The only exceptions are using a very small excerpt with attribution and linking to the original, and very tight and limited fair use exclusions which are not in play at ATS which is a commercial site.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by monica86

Hi Monica,

I think we agree.
In my post with the screen shot I said:

Building 1 appears to have some more pieces missing from the upper half superstructure than I've noticed in other, older images;

There was in fact some damage to its superstructure/frame in earlier pictures, but with the above comment I mean that its frame now looks more damaged than before.

Also, where I wrote:

Does building 1 look like it has lost more than half its outer cladding? I thought it had lost the top three "levels" of cladding but in this image it looks like more than that.

I meant that it seems to me like more of the outer cladding is missing. Older images show that the top three levels of outer cladding are basically gone. Now it looks like some of the cladding below those levels is also gone.

Thanks for your observations about the possible smoke (steam?) from unit 4. I wasn't sure if that was just an effect of the distance so I'm glad for your assessment.

However, it's very hard to be sure about anything with just this image. I'd love to see some new closeups.

Okay, we'd all love to see some new closeups.

Any bets on how long we'll wait before they are released?

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There is something about this picture and the fact the "Putz Masters" are on the way to help TEPCO

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

One word description. OBLIVIOUS. If it does not affect these type of people in the right now, it is of no concern to their ant farm style of existence.
That is why in my eyes there are two class of people. Ones in here attempting to learn and prepare, and the Ones out there who will come running to us when TSHTF.

new topics

<< 624  625  626    628  629  630 >>

join