It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 554.htm
<< 551  552  553    555  556  557 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by Silverlok
Yes they could have pretty easily as Tepco admitted to not looking for plutonium and not even have the equipment on site to do so until almost ten days after #3 popped, and no one was 'officially' doing alpha sampling , without those two things the most deadly particulate matter would be pretty much "invisible".

(snip)

Thanks for that

I still have to ask though, has nobody looked for plutonium? Is the equipment needed far beyond what the "man on the street" can get access to? I still find it hard to believe that NOBODY has detected anything if the reactor truly went pop.

Thanks again.

burntheships has mentioned the MOX detection outside the reactors a couple of times there is no doubt

and I have yet to see a video of #4 blowing

Thanks - I totally missed that post! This thread moves so fast and I'm at work so I can't keep track 100%

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Why can't they send in a robot to dump liquid nitrogen on it and hit is with a hammer?

I grant, this is possibly a ridiculous question. But I have to ask.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here's a closer guesstimate. The red is tower 4 the purple is where the light could be and the black is where the cam could be. I'm off for now. So flame away!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by monica86

I am pretty sure that white dot is a red herring . They had some outdoor lighting there a couple of nights ago for something and the size shape color and very symmetrical shape make it hard for me to believe that this is a rather chaotic mass giving off light

I believe that Tepco , after being scolded for admitting TE ( indicating uncontrolled criticality ), in a number of samples, is a bit tired of the web cam 'leaking' info on where and when criticalities are happening (by following the glow) , I also think the idea of tracking gamma energy with a ccd ruffled someones skirt, remember this is not just TEpco now , and has not been for a while , this is the WHOLE NUCLEAR INDUSTRY trying to make an "inconvenient" situation evaporate, (in the ocean as it were)

So it is somewhat likely that they simply pointed the light already being used at that location directly at the camera , perhaps with the hope of rendering the camera unable to detect anything but the light. Or they want us to pay attention to that ocean inlet / pit area either as a fake gamma source ( i think it's far too regular to be a real one , but who knows we're on a strange new planet now) or potentially a doomed worker at the plant saying there is something important right here.if it's the later he should blink the light or something so we know it's not random.
grab some salt with this as I am just guessing
edit on 5-4-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo
Lets see if we can work out where the light is first . Then we can speculate.

Here is a stab at locating the TEPCO webcam using all your info.

The blue is tower 4 and the red is tower 3. The yellow is where the cam is choice 1 and the green is choice 2.

So far when I zoom in on google maps maps.google.co.uk...,+979-1301 ,+Japan&gl=uk&ei=EVObTbugCYaAhQfxv53HBg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

I can't see the web cam tower!

But we now have a pretty good idea which building the light is coming from.
edit on 5-4-2011 by Procharmo because: (no reason given)

I think the webcam is located at the TEPCO observatory which is the yellow dot at the bottom of the pic in the middle.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Liquid nitrogen expands faster than gunpowder when rapidly heated( or even when warming to room temperature in an enclosed space). Given the heat available we would probably have a double explosion; first from the nitrogen explosively expanding and a second as the nitrogen mixed with oxygen as a peroxide (NO) and blew again,

Another problem by this point is distribution we probably have that stuff in pools and puddles and pipes and tanks all over the plant by now

this 'liquid glass' solution (which was proposed on this thread a couple of days ago) seems to be a variation on what the russians used sand for at Cheronbyl , the first stage is perhaps entombing the loose masses of corium , which I think is the only possibility given the insanely high levels of radiation . The Russians tied using some remote vehicles with a direct wired control connection but the radiation near the mass was so high the equipment did not last very long .

They should at least have some of those huge fumigation tents (or make some) over the plants to stop the flow particulate matter

One idea that comes to mind is finding a hi-temperature boron solution ( perhaps boron and liquid glass) and then using ginormous ultra sound generator specifically tuned to plutonium and uranium to sonically drive the stuff apart .... I'm getting out there but this might be workable
edit on 5-4-2011 by Silverlok because: turning and tuning a relation in the ether

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Silverlock that's the most probable post on the new light yet. Also TEPCO could just put up a fake .jpg at night because the sky is unusually dark.

They really are reading this.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Finally... this info/video is being made available in Japanese language....about time.

Newly released TEPCO data provides evidence of periodic chain reaction at Fukushima Unit 1

April 4, 2011

by Fairewinds Associates

What Caused the High Cl-38 Radioactivity in the Fukushima Daiichi Reactor #1?[1] Japanese text is available
F. Dalnoki-Veress with an introduction by Arjun Makhijani

This is a first for The Asia-Pacific Journal: publication of a technical scientific paper addressing critical issues pertaining to the leakage of radioactive water at the Fukushima reactors. Our goal is to make this information available to the Japanese and international scientific communities, to Japanese government authorities, and TEPCO as they address the formidable issues of cleanup and safety. But we also believe that the information is of importance to informed citizens and the press in the face of further dangers that have gone unmentioned not only in government statements, but also in the press. Arjun Makhijani’s introduction provides a lucid explanation of the problem and the issues, followed by F. Dalnoki-Veress’s paper. Asia-Pacific Journal

progressivelever.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IDBIT

The blue is tower 4 and the red is tower 3. The yellow is where the cam is choice 1 and the green is choice 2.

So far when I zoom in on google maps maps.google.co.uk...,+979-1301 ,+Japan&gl=uk&ei=EVObTbugCYaAhQfxv53HBg&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBoQ8gEwAA

I think the webcam is located at the TEPCO observatory which is the yellow dot at the bottom of the pic in the middle.

That's what I originally thought. But the quay/jetty needs to be in front of tower 4 with the light between them.

My eyes need a rest, but careful triangulation of all four towers will confirm the camera location.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That's what I originally thought. But the quay/jetty needs to be in front of tower 4 with the light between them.

My eyes need a rest, but careful triangulation of all four towers will confirm the camera location.

Check this pic out from the Tepco observatory :-

static.panoramio.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Sadly the testing equipment is not common for plutonium although I am sure they had all the equipment on-site to test for it and everything else under the sun. You can not get realistic numbers from these people, look at the Greenpeace readings for instance. I am also sure the US military knows more about what's going on with the plutonium than Japan and Tepco combined.

TOKYO | Sun Mar 13 (Reuters) - A new explosion rocked Japan's stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power complex on Monday, sending a plume of smoke into the air.

TOKYO, March 14 (Reuters) - U.S. warships and planes helping Japan's earthquake and tsunami relief efforts have moved away from the country's Pacific coast temporarily because of low-level radiation from a stricken nuclear power plant, the U.S. Navy said on Monday.

We all know they are not going to tell the people the whole story. Actions speak louder than words and the ships, if I remember correctly were 100miles out from the plant. 150miles represents the distance to Tokyo, difference being the warships were downwind. Typhoon season starts around June and the winds tend to change around that time more inland from pacific.

Things to watch out for.

-Expanding safe zones
-Naval movements
-Marine life contamination levels
-Anything reported and then retracted never to be spoken of again
-Explosions
-Flu like symptoms around Japn

Add:

If you watch the video of #3 with audio note the second explosion is of higher amplitude. Note at the left hand side of the screen you will see a large object falling, I believe this to be the bolted down containment cap.

edit on 5-4-2011 by TheRemedial because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone else has stumbled onto this site called We sure do, Mr. Hat- Japan but they have pictures from the Fukushima power plant that I've not seen before, even on this thread.

One picture I would like to put out there is this one:

From the best I can guess, it's an early picture of reactor n.4 before the explosion? I could be wrong, but I know that given the condition of the structures in the picture that this photo was taken early on.

My real concern about this photo is how 'noisy' it looks. I've spent some time reading about how radiation can effect cameras and I think this is an example of such an occurrence. My question is how much of a radiation level is needed to affect a photograph like this one?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I thought that is where it was located too, it puts our dot in an odd location though.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
This needs to be repeated several times today... seems most people are not catching it

7.5 mil. times legal limit of iodine in sea

The operator of the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says 7.5 million times the legal limit of radioactive iodine 131 has been detected from samples of seawater near the plant.

Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, found on Saturday that contaminated water was leaking from a cracked concrete pit near the No. 2 reactor.

Experts say this makes it clear that highly radioactive substances from the reactor are flowing into the sea, and that the leak must be stopped as soon as possible.

The utility firm said samples of water taken near the water intake of the No. 2 reactor at 11:50 AM Saturday contained 300,000 becquerels of iodine 131 per cubic centimeter, or 7.5 million times the legal limit.
TEPCO said the figure had dropped to 200,000 becquerels per cubic centimeter, or 5 million times the legal limit, in samples taken at 9:00 AM Monday.

Monday's sample also contained 1.1 million times the legal limit of cesium 137, which has a half life of 30 years.

On March 27th, 13-million becquerels of iodine 131 per cubic centimeter of water were detected in the turbine building of the No. 2 reactor. On Wednesday, water was found accumulated in a tunnel near the turbine building and the radiation level on the surface was measured at more than 1,000 millisieverts per hour.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says it believes the radioactive substances are from nuclear fuel which leaked from the reactor into the water and flowed out.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 15:10 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

Not only that but it's PER CUBIC CENTIMETER! Hiw toxic is this exactly?

Looks like they've finally acknowledged what we've known for days:

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says it believes the radioactive substances are from nuclear fuel which leaked from the reactor into the water and flowed out.

Source

"Substances"

You mean corium?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noahswife
Ok I'm getting cross now with this massive cover up.
This is the biggest nuclear "accident" that has ever happened

just did google/images chernobyl children. I have 2 beautiful daughters. It made me weep.

What is going to happen in Japan to unborn chidren? What is going to happen when genetic defects get passed through DNA from a parent to yet to be conceived children, because of plutonium poisoning?

Instead of Japanese leper colonies, they may have Japanese radiation colonies.

Very very sad.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRemedial

I believe that we will not see the expanding zones , the political pressure from the international nuclear lobby is very high, I believe they are giving the people around fukushima japan as sacrifices to the nuclear industry .

In the conservative estimate the MOX plume from three traveled 200km in a number of directions

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

You think!? Honestly switching off a webcam ain't gunna make a difference because the idea that I spelled out would mean people could calibrate their cell phones, netbooks, laptops and desktops to work in a network (heck calibrate off of each other in the hottest zones, gps would make for a good detection network). Furthermore, from the images I seem to recall images of energetic particles taken from high atmosphere test balloons which looked about the same, you can actually get an idea as to how energetic the particle is based on intensity and it's tail (if it has one). If the government is switching radiation networks off then maybe it's about friggin time we get some expertise out there thinking of how to switch a new, better one on. Their advanced instruments cannot compete with the sheer volume of sensors capable of contributing to this network. Either way that image from the web cam was awfully noisy. There are plenty of higher quality sensors to work with in japan, they get their cell phones pimped out and cheap compared to here where people get gouged for the newest iSpyPhone or crackberry torch which is a bold with a digitizer that apparently is really insanely expensive considering the price difference. I have no doubt there are tepco employees monitoring all sorts of boards to fight an infowar on us all. This is how modern day coverups work, we've sure seen enough of them the past while to get familiar with their tactics.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

yes , as to TEpco this is not something I believe is effective but it very much follows their mindset....
also ccd's hit saturation and bleedout a gamma spot that big and sustained for that long would be a) unusual , but b) causing some charge bleed-over in the ccd

and

anyone with thermal imaging (cough navy cough) certainly knows exactly whats going on , I wonder if one of those local drone flyiers could do a night fly over with a thermal camera

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

it looks like reactor n.1 to me

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

I would say millisievert range, perhaps around 100msv? It's not as radioactive there where the camera is as it is when the helicopter flew over a few times and certainly not as radioactive as that image we saw energetic particles around the water outlet. Check out that swoosh on the left-hand side, that appears to be an energetic particle deflecting off the sensor chip.
Of course it differs from one chip to another -- without calibration the only answer we have is that it is obviously there and the hundreds of events caught by that one chip are enough to be concerned about the radiation level, and maybe leave so you don't have to worry as much about that unpleasant condition where your skin and muscle start peeling off later. The problem is different cameras are being used for different pictures, and if the scintillation is caught on the tail end it'll be dull and more diffuse the lower the resolution and just get washed out in the photo into random noise (which would increase as well around the plant --> noise is also something that camera sensors have different profiles on. Even some cameras have better filters for removing it).
edit on 5-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 551  552  553    555  556  557 >>

join