It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 552.htm
<< 549  550  551    553  554  555 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissTiger

Originally posted by zorgon

That is NOT a crack but an iron oxide stain

I agree, this stain has been there a long time and the iron oxide is coming from the reinforcement in the concrete and would only have been created by water covering it all the time or dripping onto it.

Also I can't see any other rust spots so there is no way the water level coming up that far that has caused it, there is only a rust stain at that point.
edit on 5/4/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

There is rust stain above the "holes" but if you look closely there is a hairline fracture that runs from the top of the holes at a 45 degree angle to the top of whatever concrete structure this is. What this tell us is whatever there is on the other side, radiated water, seawater, the current level is below the top of the holding structure but it is frequently filled all the way to the top.

But from the rusted rebar, I would guess seawater. So this does seem to be part of the seawater collection/pumping cooling system of the condensor unit.
edit on 5-4-2011 by mrbillshow because: add

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

Originally posted by IDBIT

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by IDBIT

No, it's not the moon. The new moon was April 3.

Your right!

www.kwathabeng.co.za...

When I noticed it earlier (3 hours ago) the light was higher and to the left.
I sure was hoping she was wrong, and you were right
so I shall curl back up with Des's soothing note that "no immediate danger to health."

Don't get too comfy my love...get ready to run like hell. I too, am ever so curious as to what the spot is.

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not the Moon here is a day time shot. I will do an overlay in a minute

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Again? WTF? They need to be forcibly occupied and someone more competent put in charge of this disaster.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hopefully this has not already been posted.....here's a very interesting blog from writer Richard Sauder (underground / underwater ET bases) on the situation in Japan.

Fukushima Is Horrifically Worse Than You Have Been Told

Believe me, the situation is worse than bad, it's worse than dire, it is history-altering horrific. A lot of people are going to die from what is happening in Fukushima, into the millions for sure, that is not in question. The only question is how many millions. If we are “lucky,” only one or two million persons will die. And if we are unlucky, well, things could get really grim, unimaginably hellish, on this planet we call home.

Source:

eventhorizonchronicle.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by veryrusty
I just signed joined ATS but have been lurking for along time. I have read every post on this topic. Okay now to show how newby I am. Read on Fox news that the algae (closterium Moniliferum) actually eats radioactive junk accidently while searching for barium. Would take a whole lot of algae but could this help cure the Pacific?
I know nothing about linking and such but sounded interesting.

I got many more but here a few to start with.... Hold on to your chair tight...
Here some links;
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.chrismartenson.com...
www.epa.gov...
wba.nrc.gov:8080...
www.rdtn.org...
www.sat24.com...
www.radiationnetwork.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procharmo

Please take a look at the Web Cam. I have not seen this before and I check quite often. Got it :-)

This doesn't look good.

edit on 5-4-2011 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

Annmarie96 I just checked it and the light is still there.

Oh Fukishima!!!

Experts needed. Is it criticality or Cherknov? Can a graphic guru quickly super impose. I'll try but I only have MS paint!

Well here's a daylight pic from google images.

and an ATS members series of pics...

Assuming they are 640 by 480 then maybe the light is here(ish)? (I need expert confirmation or techniques)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by NoAngel2u

Originally posted by IDBIT

reply to post by IDBIT

No, it's not the moon. The new moon was April 3.

Your right!

www.kwathabeng.co.za...

When I noticed it earlier (3 hours ago) the light was higher and to the left.
I sure was hoping she was wrong, and you were right
so I shall curl back up with Des's soothing note that "no immediate danger to health."

Don't get too comfy my love...get ready to run like hell. I too, am ever so curious as to what the spot is.

Des

The problem is... Where do you run to???

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rbrtj

more links...
www.iris.edu...
emergency.cdc.gov...
www.usa.gov...
www.fairewinds.com...
The last one( fairewinds.com) is Arnie Gunderson's sight and he knows his sh%T
Thats all folks.... until i get more that are relevant.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

One has to ask if it is this high how the Fukushima 50 can still be alive at this point

I don't, some of them are dead men already. Being a member of the fukushima 50 is like being one of those extras on star trek, there for a few episodes but replaced with new, fresh expendable victims to order to their death. No wonder they are keeping a tight lid on it otherwise people would get to see the room where they are putting the bodies to hide them. Guess we know why barely anybody is around working in the high res and satellite photos.
edit on 5-4-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissTiger
Update on liquid glass injection.

.....a decrease. TEPCO said it will infuse another 1,500 liters of liquid glass. Tokyo Electric Power Company started infusing liquid glass into gravel below the pit near the Number 2 reactor at 3 PM on Tuesday.

NHK

I still don't think that looks like a crack in the wall and they probably just put less water in somewhere else to stop it flowing out so fast.
edit on 5/4/11 by MissTiger because: (no reason given)

1500 liters???

That is insanely high they are not just trying to plug a leak I believe they are trying to ice a corium cake to reduce radiation levels, I hope they mix some boron in with that stuff or it probably isn't going to last long

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Procharmo

Here ya go

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great...now we have a freaking spot to contend with. What odds you willing to bet, that's a full blown fission night light.

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Great, I wont ask how. some kind of gif program or html blink command. But thanks........I wasn't far off.

Do you think it's the main entrance gate to the plant?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Great...now we have a freaking spot to contend with. What odds you willing to bet, that's a full blown fission night light.

Des

Could it not just be a spotlight they've thrown up there to illuminate things?

Let's rule out the obvious stuff first.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
Plutonium 239 is the deadliest element known to man;
Half-life of Plutonium-239 in MOX is 24,000 years: Few milligrams of P-239 escaping in a smoke plume will contaminate soil for tens of thousands of years
www.businessinsider.com...

Just for the record,
"The "Fat Man" atomic bomb that destroyed Nagasaki in 1945 used 6.2 kilograms of plutonium and produced an explosive yield of 21-23 kilotons [a 1987 reassessment of the Japanese bombings placed the yield at 21 Kt]."
www.fas.org...

Of that, ~680 milligrams where turned into energy, the rest was scattered into the atmosphere.
Post war you can add all the above ground nuclear testing that was done until the test ban treaties on above ground detonations. I'd hate to know what the total amount of U-239 that had/has been dumped by (mostly Western) Humanity into the atmosphere on purpose.
As we know, Nagasaki is alive and well after almost 67 years after this amount exposure.
Just sayin we have to watch the hyperbole as it can have a negative effect on credibility, specially with the current out of control situation in Fukushima.
Unfortunately the entire Japanese population has become "test pilots", again!

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I don't think spot light - nothing else appears to be illuminated

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

reply to post by zorgon

Des

Could it not just be a spotlight they've thrown up there to illuminate things?

Let's rule out the obvious stuff first.

I'm going grasp onto what you've posted....much better than my full blown fission idea. But, where is the electricity to power said spot light coming from....see, my itty bitty mind just won't play along with the "it's not what you think it is" game.

Des

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This needs to be repeated several times today... seems most people are not catching it

7.5 mil. times legal limit of iodine in sea

The operator of the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant says 7.5 million times the legal limit of radioactive iodine 131 has been detected from samples of seawater near the plant.

Tokyo Electric Power Company, or TEPCO, found on Saturday that contaminated water was leaking from a cracked concrete pit near the No. 2 reactor.

Experts say this makes it clear that highly radioactive substances from the reactor are flowing into the sea, and that the leak must be stopped as soon as possible.

The utility firm said samples of water taken near the water intake of the No. 2 reactor at 11:50 AM Saturday contained 300,000 becquerels of iodine 131 per cubic centimeter, or 7.5 million times the legal limit.
TEPCO said the figure had dropped to 200,000 becquerels per cubic centimeter, or 5 million times the legal limit, in samples taken at 9:00 AM Monday.

Monday's sample also contained 1.1 million times the legal limit of cesium 137, which has a half life of 30 years.

On March 27th, 13-million becquerels of iodine 131 per cubic centimeter of water were detected in the turbine building of the No. 2 reactor. On Wednesday, water was found accumulated in a tunnel near the turbine building and the radiation level on the surface was measured at more than 1,000 millisieverts per hour.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says it believes the radioactive substances are from nuclear fuel which leaked from the reactor into the water and flowed out.

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 15:10 +0900 (JST)

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

MORE ON THE LEAK

Posted this earlier last night... the PATH of the leaking water (assumed by 'officials' )

Water seeping into the soil (blue area)

Direct path of leaking water dark blue (according to TEPCO) But look at the two white pipes from the condensor on the left. These are the sea water cooling pipes and we can see that they are BELOW SEA LEVEL (on the right) So that was an earlier question... because if those pipes have shifted or are cracked from the quake, tides would definitely push water in and suck water out. This would account for the different readings exhibited at high and low tide

The injecting of the polymers and glass was supposedly into the ground to stop that leaking into there (the pebbles)

From last night..

...NHK news casters looking VERY nervous right now talking about accumulations in contaminated fish and seaweed...

...TEPCO now saying they believe there are multiple cracks, which is why efforts to plug the leak have failed...

edit on 5-4-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Notice in these pics they show both the red and white pipes terminating in walls?

As I've said many times, it's the information they don't give that is more revealing than what they do.
edit on 5-4-2011 by mrbillshow because: color

top topics

<< 549  550  551    553  554  555 >>

join