It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 465.htm
<< 462  463  464    466  467  468 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thought this was interesting, sorry if it was already posted.

It's quite scary.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
With the evacuation zone getting larger in Japan, and the nuclear winds shifting towards the populated areas of the country in the coming months, how long before we start seeing a large scale evacuation?

One possible solution would be to give the country of Japan a large plot of land in the Western USA in exchange for forgiveness of the huge amount of debt we owe them. Some of the money could be used to build factories, roads power plants and give them a place where they can start over safe from tsunamis. This could be set up as a territory of the US and still let them live their own unique lifestyle while under our umbrella of protection which they are anyway. Think of the money it would save our military from just the logistics standpoint alone. Plus Japan would no longer have to import many of the raw materials many miles.

If this was setup properly, it could be a good deed for neighbor in need and benefit us in the process.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

You'd better burn as many copies to DVD and print up a hundred hard copies, have them notarized and stashed in as many different places with dead man switches set up.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Good call. Thumb-drived it for now.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by setione

And that will be viewed as "Arrogant america thinks we need them" It would never happen.

Maybe the world can offer free 10 year visas to the Japanese people, extendable upon revision.

By the way, my radiation detector, which has an alarm and goes off when background gamma surpasses 0.30 microsieverts (safe legal background for buildings), which has been going off 1-3 times a day since the disaster.. went off some 30+ times in the last 12 hours. Some, the peak was sustained for minutes instead of the usual rapid dropoff. (I am in Melbourne, AUS)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

They changed their answer again. My question based on their previous post is how did they know an event was going to happen, so they had milk pre-purchased to analyze? And why did the rain affect their measurements of pre-bought milk?

I watched it on CNN earlier, and it was said that 1 liter of milk with these levels was equivilant to a 5 hour flight, now its much less?

I think(and this is my opinion) that people are having to backpeddle once they have published results or made comments to keep it quiet. I typically don't buy into fear mongering, and understand test results being wrong due to communication or misread results, but still something is really tickling the back of my "suspicion" nerve.

Too many things are happening at once to cover up various aspects.

*sigh*

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by Destinyone

Oh man, I'm holding their feet to the fire.

My post, their reply, my counter-reply here

They just want you to go away huh.....Rip 'em a new one Girl Friend. You could always ask if they are sending the samples to Japan...to Tepco for analysis...

Des

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker

They changed their answer again. My question based on their previous post is how did they know an event was going to happen, so they had milk pre-purchased to analyze? And why did the rain affect their measurements of pre-bought milk?

I watched it on CNN earlier, and it was said that 1 liter of milk with these levels was equivilant to a 5 hour flight, now its much less?

I think(and this is my opinion) that people are having to backpeddle once they have published results or made comments to keep it quiet. I typically don't buy into fear mongering, and understand test results being wrong due to communication or misread results, but still something is really tickling the back of my "suspicion" nerve.

*sigh*

I think the Dept of National Security is going to have to pay a lot of overtime this month.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
LOL, this is great! Since my forum post, they also added the "whoops, mislabeled" to their milk results page, but are saying THE RESULTS HAVEN'T CHANGED!!!! Ummmmm......yeah, guys, they have. And about 100 hard-core ATSers know it now.

ETA: And WAIT, it gets even better!!!!! They had previously labeled the first milk sample as "Milk Sample 2 Data" as can be seen in my screenshot above. And NOW it's being labeled as "Milk Sample 0"????????!!!!!!

PLEASE, Berkeley, this is amateur hour BS! You think no one was saving these pages? Come ON!
edit on 31-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

Remember it is not the hippies you have to worry about. It is the "people" that are funding these hippies. These are the one's giving the orders. Not the employees. Funding, it is all about the money.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LilFox

I am not surprised, according to the weather report for that part of the world.
Check the sattelite to see if the wind is coming from Japan and check the meter to the forcast for us, please.
I noticed the spring winds that Japan gets are starting to move from east to west and will coninue through summer if things go as historical.
The US should catch a couple cleaner air qualitymonths as long as the Japanese wind does not get in the jet stream.
Bottomline watch the wind direction and stay out of the rain.

edit on 31-3-2011 by rbrtj because: edit on 31-3-2011 by rbrtj because: I wanted it right.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by apacheman
Live radiation readings in millisieverts/hour:

japan.failedrobot.com...

some current readings:

Fukushima Daini: 4,900millis/hr

Fukushima Daiichi:

main building 940,000 ms/hr

west gate: 70,000/hr

main gate: 148,000/hr

Seems like it is far too hot already unless I'm misreading the funny u symbol.

Yes the funny u symbol is 'micro' not milli. A micro is 1/1000th of a milli.

Still that's 940 milli-Sv/hr or 0.94 Sv/ hr which would KYA pretty quickly

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

You are my hero. This is exactly what happened at Chernobyl, the academics created so much confusion and outright falsehoods, the government was way behind with their response. Shame on these guys. Shame on Berkley. This is not only misconduct that is sanctionable at any credible university, this department and all the others creating this feel-good BS will shortly have blood on their hands. I hope they are happy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
From now on I believe that every bit of media stories is BS. It is coverup and Patsy time. This is not amateur hour. TPTB have it all well rehearsed by now. Save thy own arse, screw everybody else.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
OMG, this is hilarious!!!!!!!!!

Here's their reply to someone else's reply to their reply:

The confusion lies in that the milk sample measured yesterday had the wrong date and wrong type of date (purchased on 3/25). We found the mistake and relabeled it with the best by date 4/4. An older sample was measured today and added. It happened to have a best by date of 3/25, hence the confusion. The background sample sees no I-131 since it was bottled before Fukushima, as can be inferred from the best by date. The sample now labeled 4/4 is the exact same data posted yesterday.

LOL, it just HAPPENED to have a "Sell By' date that was the exact same as the date they purchased the 4/4 sample! Well, isn't that convenient!

Still no explanation of why it's now Sample 0, or what happened to Sample 1 if their pitiful excuse was true.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SDoradus

Thanks for the clarification, not that it improves things much, it's still far too hot to hang out in for long.

Just hanging out at the main gate for a ten-hour shift would give you 1.48sv..how long have those guys been there?

Dead men, all of them I think, and pretty soon, too.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I love this part:

I am going to ask my students and colleagues to refrain from answering such questions in the future because it really takes away from our valuable time that can be spent in the lab and making sure our methods and numbers are sound

Source

What's not being said:

We're infallible and it should not occur to you to question what we say, even if we change what's been said,

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Could you tell us what might happen if the wet concrete hits corium?

Concrete mix is mostly water... you are looking at an induced steam explosion. This explosion will cool down the corium some, but at the expense of scattering tons of radioactive material in all directions. It will also blow any calcium silicate (the primary material of concrete, which is inflammable and resists high temperatures) away from the corium. Depending on the amount of concrete they pump in at once, that steam explosion could be large enough to create another Chernobyl effect, only this time the radioactive materials include additional plutonium from the MOX fuel and there is a lot more of it.

Keep pouring and you might get the stuff cool enough to allow concrete to settle across it, but the it will still be producing heat within itself, and this time it will have an insulating blanket of calcium silicate across the top of it... and it will resume meltdown status at an accelerated rate after a short time, while sealed safely away form any further attempts to interact with it.

Pouring anything wet on the corium right now is like spreading a can of burning gasoline across a grassy field.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertwog

Originally posted by tnhiker

*sigh*

I think the Dept of National Security is going to have to pay a lot of overtime this month.

I think it's easy to be off by a factor of 10, or 1,000. It happens to me all the time when talking Sv vs rem vs Bq vs Ci.

I almost always open my big mouth and have to retract my numbers ten minutes later. Why just this morning I made a short educational video and said milli instead of what I meant micro.

(The video is back a few pages if you want to see it.)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Exactly, and that was after just my SECOND post! No one else had replied, this was their response to my MERELY QUESTIONING their changes in data! Puh-lease.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This whole sequence of events reminds me of something that happened recently - - 9/11.

How loudly and how often did the EPA claim that the air quality at ground zero was safe?

top topics

<< 462  463  464    466  467  468 >>

join