It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 450.htm
<< 447  448  449    451  452  453 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gr82m8okdok

It's what they could use the robots for , they are not going to work inside that plant

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Estimated date for full meltdown, evac of Tokyo set...3rd week of April?

english.kyodonews.jp...

U.S. military to withdraw from post-quake Japan relief in mid-April

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Oh, that never occured to me. Irradiated human meat - the ultimate in preservation techiques. If only the Pharohs had known.

Icky.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrbillshow
Kyodo ticker...10,000 times limit found in groundwater

URGENT: Radioactivity 10,000 times the limit found from groundwater: TEPCO
TOKYO, April 1, Kyodo

A radioactive substance about 10,000 times the limit was detected from groundwater around the No. 1 reactor of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Thursday.

A Tokyo Electric official said the radiation level is ''extremely high.''

==Kyodo english.kyodonews.jp...

And what radioactive substance is this?

Cesium, Iodine? Plutonium?

Mystery radioactive substance? :shk:

I think this level would fry the software in the "brains" of those robots.

edit on 31-3-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
money goes first :-)
The EU has raised the max. radiation levels for food imported from Japan !... problem solved....
bon apetit...:-)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrrad
Appologies if this has been mentioned, but these are the highest res quality images I have seen of the reactor complex, taken recently by a small commercial UAV.
Aerial Photos of Reactors

Holy Freakin' Cow. How on Earth are they trying to tell anyone that they have ANY control of those. Reactor Three is a pile of crushed metal and concrete. "Cracks" in the containment - bullocks.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv
money goes first :-)
The EU has raised the max. radiation levels for food imported from Japan !... problem solved....
bon apetit...:-)

Remember when you were a kid, and there was always the smarty-pants running in the playground race who at the end would yell "LAST PERSON WINS!"

Yeah - that.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

by their (IAES) own standards(total emissions) they should have raised to seven last week, 2,000,000 curies as of 3-22

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Original research alert!

I have a riddle. Why is Sarkozy in Japan? Why was he of all people so quick to get over there? The answer lies in who he brought with him: A cat named Carlos Ghosn.

Who is Carlos Ghosn? Why, none other than the Chairman of Renault, and holder of the same title for Nissan Motors. (Renault controls Nissan through a 44% interest and other agreements).

Why is he there? One of Nissan's largest plants is in Fukushima. It is literally just over the hill from Fukushima Dai-ani, and by extension, in the neighborhood of Dai-ichi.

Sarkoszy is there for one thing: to set up monitoring of these French assets, and to make sure that the exclusion zone is not ever expanded to include them. So when people ask why the evacuation zone has not been expanded to 50km, when the IAEA thinks it should. Have a careful look at what's on the ground within those 50 km, and who's just happens to be visiting Japan....

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonbeams771

"Greed and cutting costs... again?"

The purpose of splitting it is to remove it from the pro-business industry ministry which may have compromised safety.

edit on 31-3-2011 by mrbillshow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by brocktoon
Original research alert!

I have a riddle. Why is Sarkozy in Japan? Why was he of all people so quick to get over there? The answer lies in who he brought with him: A cat named Carlos Ghosn.

Who is Carlos Ghosn? Why, none other than the Chairman of Renault, and holder of the same title for Nissan Motors. (Renault controls Nissan through a 44% interest and other agreements).

Why is he there? One of Nissan's largest plants is in Fukushima. It is literally just over the hill from Fukushima Dai-ani, and by extension, in the neighborhood of Dai-ichi.

Sarkoszy is there for one thing: to set up monitoring of these French assets, and to make sure that the exclusion zone is not ever expanded to include them. So when people ask why the evacuation zone has not been expanded to 50km, when the IAEA thinks it should. Have a careful look at what's on the ground within those 50 km, and who's just happens to be visiting Japan....

Brilliant. Thank you. Excellent work, truly well done. This is exactly why ATS is a true resource despite the disinfo and noise that go on. There's not a thing about this theory which is remotely implausible.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I got to tell you - the handling of this entire event is not playing up to my best hopes for the leaders of our nations and corporations. I'm highly disappointed in their behaviours.

There are several millions of butts to be covered now, and in the future - and they are all only covering their own.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by brocktoon

yeah but at 2,000,000 becquerel and more radiation still pumping out how long before that plant is glowing? what will they do spin it as " a car that needs no night time running lights as it glows, no threat to human heath.
edit on 31-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

ofcourse its booming buizznis for hospitals too........

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

It's what they could use the robots for , they are not going to work inside that plant

They're going to need a bigger boat...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Inspired. But how much weight and size of object can they carry?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceH

Originally posted by zorgon
More closeups of damage

zorgon: do we know which reactor this pic if from? I'm wondering if it is #3.

Does anyone else think that the large green object in this picture might be the reactor top (obviously not where it belongs)

Vince

reply to post by TheRedneck

Compare those two pictures and tell me the one in the damaged building does not look like the top of the reactor vessel under construction. Not only that but it is offset from the center of the building. Every diagram I've seen shows the reactor in the center of the building.

IF that is indeed a portion of the reactor vessel, then it is been dislodged from it's original location and has several of its plates blown off.
edit on 31-3-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Stupid iPhone typos

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Looks like that reactor is not where the blueprints would place it.

I am having trouble believing that a hydrogen explosion tossed the reactor pressure vessel around like that. I think a nice hole blew through the side of the vessel, after it softened up a bit from the extreme heat, then got a shot of their cold seawater that they said they were pumping in there. Boom.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
Compare those two pictures and tell me the one in the damaged building does not look like the top of the reactor vessel under construction. Not only that but it is offset from the center of the building. Every diagram I've seen shows the reactor in the center of the building.

IF that is indeed a potion of the reactor vessel, then it is been dislodged from it's original location and had several of its plates blown off.

Brilliant catch!

And it is at a 45 degree angle, too. This is very, very bad. OMG

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Des - thanks for the thoughts.....I agree with you almost 100%. I was coming at this from the workers at the plant perspective. The people who have risked their lives for the greater good. Most likely they will die without recognition. I was merely saying that the troops on the ground should not have this added stress.

The protesters should have driven that truck thought the front door of TEPCO's headquarters.

Regards,

BlackSheep

new topics

top topics

<< 447  448  449    451  452  453 >>

join