It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 447.htm
<< 444  445  446    448  449  450 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by Vitchilo

just imagine what would happen if everything went into meltdown..

Yeah it would be really really really really really bad.

Kyodo: US Forces to pull out of disaster relief mission in #Japan by mid-April.

Now... mid-April, that's when the US reaches the debt limit and might default... otherwise, why would the US pull out of disaster relief if this thing ain't over? Because it ain't over by a long shot and Japan still needs help... and the US is Japan's biggest ally... so... WHAT'S UP?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flying Sorcerer
Please keep us updated on the meeting.
No matter how hard I try - I can't get the stream here in work

many thanks

I am sure it will be on Kyoto shortly...

French Pres is promising help to dismantle the plants.. and pushing for an international safety standard that is strictly enforced by G8 and or G20

He says we cannot just stop all nuke plants so we must make them safe.

Kan answers question re private ownership... says that until the situation is under control they will wait, but will consider making changes to that after things are under control They will also review any new constructions

Hmmm small conference.... basically they agreed to work together to solve the problem and discuss future plants.

Coming in on Kyodo now

english.kyodonews.jp...
edit on 31-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
"Myths about Japanese radiation disspelled"
newsroom.ucla.edu...

"20 microSieverts is the same risk as smoking 1 cigarette"

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Teknetium

good link bro.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teknetium
"20 microSieverts is the same risk as smoking 1 cigarette"

And what do they say about 400 milliSieverts? The level in the water when the workers got exposure?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
SwissNuclear HQ offices bombed in Olten, Switzerland

Olten Bombing

Seems somebody is taking the desire to shut down reactors quite seriously. For this to happen in Switzerland... kind of jaw agape here.

Going back to earlier the photo of the containment head breach- it is most likely on #1. Original vid is kind of misplaced on my comp at the moment.

edit on 31-3-2011 by SFA437 because: Additional info

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

seems alittle off topic dont you think?

sorry bud, didn't read the article

edit on 31-3-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Considering a bit of discussion was given to political ramifications of the Fukushima disaster as well as the media deflecting attention to Libya... IMO no.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Yea I only read the headline not the article, it was my bad

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I'm looking at this from a CONUS based viewpoint too. The Swiss, while having their own radical elements, are pikers when it comes to left wing enviro-nuts.

I posted it more to point out that our local whackjobs might see this as a good idea.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
For this to happen in Switzerland... kind of jaw agape here.

Yeah the Swiss are usually more calm about protests. This is quite an eye opener.

As tho the picture with the yellow dome, that one is #4. A professor said it looks misplaced and most probably was made so because it was open and shut down for service, because he didn't think the explosion in #4 was strong enough to lift it.

I used the same excuse on that video

In the Press Conference with Sarkovy, Kan called the Fukushima accident the worst in world's history and they will be discussing international safety standards at the may meeting of G8 and G20

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That makes a good bit of sense.

Trying to keep all of this straight from memory versus having 9 comps and a stack of printouts collated by reactor number is a cast iron SOB

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
I'm on page 437 and trying to catch up after work as quickly as I can, but I have to ask a question real quick that I do not recall coming up, and I've followed this one since the beginning.

What about all of the goods that are in transit through the plume?!

I know for the most part they are in shipping containers, boxed, etc. but those things aren't air tight and if the "saving grace" is that the heavier particles will rain out over the pacific (which, I personally think a small enough particle will stay aloft, but will be more than happy to be wrong on this) then every cargo ship in the pacific has had fallout on it or will soon have fallout on it.

Is this a baseless fear?

From a logical process of deduction ....NO!

However all they can do is hose the containers and ships down. That's what the US Navy did.

When you get your package buy a paint brush and mask. Keep it outside and brush it down several times.

Alternatively you could buy or build a glove box!!!!

Glove box for a Japanese post card. A great image!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
edit on 31-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

A worker in the plant has come forward and said that TEPCO does not provide radiation monitors to every worker only one per group leader. TEPCO acknowledged this... and said they saw no issue with this despite that it is against all regulations...

Just slipped in to NHK news... the translator was stumbling over words...

www3.nhk.or.jp...

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

Radiation levels from water coming from plants 1-4 is highest ever at 4,385 times.

We knew that BUT reactors #5-6 are now showing high levels in the water going into the ocean

edit on 31-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by zorgon

It's kind of a shame that radiation is odorless and invisible. It allows people in denial to completely ignore it.

I spoke to colleagues at work about this. They didn't care or want to know any more. I think that as we cannot do very much about it we who know are in a worse position. We have a slight amount of angst, dread and worry which they do not.

On the other hand they could be so worried they just shut out the whole subject.!!!!

But the completely ignorant and stupid are in the best position.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS

International team talking about need to use heavy equipment to remove the debris and rubble to get at the reactors, etc... One team member estimated two years to remove the fuel rods to safe confinement

And I need sleepzzzzzzz

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

no sleep is for the weak and your updates are very informative. I command you to down as much coffee and redbull as you can.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Red Bull will kill you faster than the radiation will. We had one guy at work who slammed 30 of them in a day and literally dropped dead...

Coffee I plug right into a vein

new topics

top topics

<< 444  445  446    448  449  450 >>

join