It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 440.htm
<< 437  438  439    441  442  443 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silverlok

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by windwaker
Low levels of radiation found in US milk

Just imaging what that milk will look like under UV Light

DANG IT... that messes up cheese ice cream butter chocolate etc etc etc etc ARGGGGGGG

those things have always been fattening now they will be just a bit more on the indulgent side , and DIEt might take on a bit more meaning
edit on 30-3-2011 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

Those foods are essential for nutrition, including teeth, brain, and protein. And any fat that is made in a laboratory is poison. The fats you need, in in fairly large numbers as they prevent weight gain in most people and kick in the program that regulates food intake, is: eggs, dairy, milk, fish oil, coconut oil and olive oil virgin cold pressed. Others too.

Yogurt is one of the healthiest foods, homemade is best.

We're going to need to find solutions to this mess.

I wish more would look at this, I'm not scientific enough to understand all the math, but the sines, waves and frequencies are logical, and I know they have the tech buried to clean this mess up.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-3-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Mainly because the FDA has set a level of Intervention at Iodine-131 of 170 Bq/kg so people are passing it off saying that it's safe because it is under that limit....however the FDA itself does not say that anything is safe under that level....people are being mislead

The federal drinking water standard for Iodine-131 is 3 pCi/L.
but milk is 18.9 pCi/L and it is safe???

edit on 30-3-2011 by okiecowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Betafite = uranium ore.

I do love Uranium glass. It really not very active though, a radium clock is hotter. I agree keep the glass. You can eat off of it. It may accumulate radon over time in the crystal cabinet, just poor it down the sink occasionally
(radon is heavier than air)
edit on 30-3-2011 by SDoradus because: learning to spell

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Is the entry point for sea water through some break in the cooling coils under the sea?

That is what I think, yes.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I don't drink water I usually drink milk and juice, which I found to be much better than constantly drinking pop. Normally there is 4-8L of milk going into this house per week, plus a few liters of cream for coffee and what-not. It certainly adds up and I would love to know what this sort of "ideal" zone they are talking about is because I doubt very many people out there fit into it. Not with all of the vile garbage they sell in our grocery stores.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

Guess I'm confused now. Are you saying that water in the condenser is radioactively contaminated? I thought the condenser was on the secondary side of the system.....meaning it's not part of the contaminated primary loop. My understanding is that water in the condenser could only be contaminated if there was a breach in the tube sheet inside the steam generator. Then....for sea water to become contaminated, there would then have to be a breach in the tube sheet inside the condenser as well.

The condenser is just a big heat exchanger. There are pipes from the main lines that run through it, and seawater circulates around these lines to cool them. The condenser water is then pumped back out to sea.

There is no secondary system here like there is in a PWR reactor design (and that is the real heart of the problem). The water that flows around the rods is the same water that is pumped to the turbine and back into the reactor, through the condenser to remove excess heat. That toroidal pressure chamber at the bottom of the reactor is to allow the pressures to make the steam generated in the reactor able to power the turbine, and the pump/condenser then cools it back down and allows the water to cycle through again.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Strange, that link for the bay area milk on WSJ just talk about the WA levels, and doesn't give any levels for CA?

ETA; ah, I figured it out: your links are mixed up. The WSJ one should be for the WA numbers and vice versa.
edit on 30-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Reactor #3 - atomic explosion theory

Reactor 1 explosion looks like a conventional explosion i.e. 360 degree expansion.

Reactor 3 explosion is almost straight up. I believe it to be a nuclear blast. Let me explain my thoughts and propose a sequence of events:

1) The weakest party of the 'containment systems' during an early stage meltdown would appear to be the bottom of the primary containment. Top the pressure vessel is being vented and I believe is covered by a huge undamaged cement top that serves as the top of the secondary containment.

2) Inside of the primary containment cooling water evaporates and separates in to Hydrogen which is vented through non-hardened sheet metal vents. This allows hydrogen to collect outside of the first two containment systems.

3) Without water, fuel rods start to melt and catch fire.

4) The runaway fire form corium, the corium melts the graphite seals that the control rods go through at the bottom of the primary containment vessel.

5) The corium flows out the bottom of primary pressure vessel and collects on top of secondary containment cement floor. Note: The cement floor is significantly below ground level. I have read that these cement floors are 6-30 feet thick and or may be down to bedrock.

6) Critically occurs in the primary containment vessel and atomic blast follows the path of least resistance blowing out the bottom of the primary containment system. The entire top of the primary containment act like the barrel of a gun. It forces all of the energy straight down. The chain reaction hits more fuel (corium on the floor) as the blast hits the cement floor.

7) The cement floor directs and deflects almost all of the energy within the basement of the building. The blast wave continues down and hits the 'immovable' floor, vaporizes the torus, then hits the underground cement walls. Where does the energy concentrate?

8) I propose that almost all of the blast energy is effectively funneled straight back up and through the secondary containment system and out the top of building.

9) From schematics it looks like the spent fuel pools have the highest density. I proposed the shock wave pulverizes and or vaporizes the fuel pool bottom and walls from the bottom up. The blast continues to follow the path of least resistance goes right our the top of the building. It takes the crane and roof hundreds of meters into the air. (The primary vent for this energy could be the blast hole indicated by the photo of Reactor #3

10) The spent fuel pool is now dry through leaks or evaporation. The rods are all askew. They melt down without reaching critically again because of the lower energy density. Therefore - I propose that is source of the poolium/corium that appears flowing out of the side of Reactor #3.

11) This explosion has lots of similarities to first atomic explosion at Trinity. Why? Trinity was detonated on a tower at a very low altitude, too low to make maximum use of the blast wave. One of the first things we learned was that Trinity was a waste of blast wave energy which propagated in the shape of a rainbow, equally up and out.

Now detonate the same bomb at 1,500 feet and the blast wave hits twice. First, the blast wave smashes everything on the way down, then the wave reflects off the earth and hits everything again on the way back up. My point - yes I have one. Because this was not weaponized military grade uranium and due to the construction of the reactor building, I believe we all witnessed a very large but inefficient (relative to modern military bombs) atomic explosion.

12) I believe this is confirmed by the brown clouds which I believe is a sign of non complete burn of materials. This also may address the multiple shock waves heard on camera and why we did not see a flash.

13) I believe that we did not see the super high temperatures that a military atomic bomb produces. I think the military would classify what we saw as a 'dud', brown with no flash. I wonder if we witnessed a 'dirty' bomb.

I think this is one semi-sound theory for explaining what we saw at Reactor #3. I would really like to discuss the merits of this theory with the members of ATS

Black Sheep

edit on 30-3-2011 by Black Sheep because: more thoughts

edit on 30-3-2011 by Black Sheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
So, as predicted the blackout on 'real' information seems to have continued today. Very little real information unless you read this or similar forums.

Dose (sp) ;-) anyone have other forums to recommend covering this topic?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

According to this analyst the inner core was designed to operate at no more than 71psi at 270C, and the secondary core at a little below normal air pressure but a rating for up to four atmospheres. for the production of zirconium a temperature of 1000C was necessary, so the internal core could have been exposed to 259psi for (extremely)short periods of time , and on the 17 or 18 Tepco admitted that the secondary containment was exposed to 8 atmospheres, those are pretty good starting pressures even when nothing explosive is around.

The americans are sending robots now

And radioactive fallout is a really upsetting matter because if cesium is getting to Massachusetts then we know some of the other heavy elements have a probably too:

but with all the disaster perhaps it's time to start getting ready for the zombie apocalypse:

edit on 30-3-2011 by Silverlok because: it's called t and it's there for a reason

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

Thanks for the heads up
I went back and fixed the links

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mikeybiznaz

Question could somebody explain how California is rumoring radiation when Radiationnetwork.com isnt showing any spikes. I live in Cali, I would like to know the truth.

Answer: there are signs of Fukushima radiation across the US, primarily from iodine-131. The amounts are far less than normal background radiation, however, so there are no spikes in radioactivity.

It's like spitting in a bucket of water. Yes, it raises the water level. No, you can't detect how much; it's not enough to measure. But you can still see what you spit out floating.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Black Sheep

Why wouldn't the camera get all static covered and buzzy around such a heavy burst of radiation? You cannot put digital cameras that close to even a small atomic bomb, you need film cameras to do that. The smallest atomic explosion would have left it's finger prints all over the video. That was a dirty bomb at best. There was no white noise in either the video or audio and the distance wasn't terribly far I think someone figured that out a few pages back.
edit on 30-3-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
Imagery and blast is kind of my specialty

Well everyone needs a skill... I guess blowing things up can be useful...

Any experience with implosions to bury things?

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Destinyone
I may be wrong...is this a new photo? Possible satellite photo ? I don't remember seeing this view of Fukushima before.

No it's older. I asked about the hole in the roof of the turbine building many pages back

I think the explanation was something big from the explosion went through the roof

After careful analysis of the overhead photos of the turbine building for reactor #3 I noticed two anomolies. Use link below for a clearer picture, AP may have even higher resolution available.
The 'explosion hole' is downwards facing, and the 2nd vent cover has been blown outwards away from the reactor (with all remaining vents intact). To me this initially looked like the usual desert storm cruise missile impact explosion and damage, possibly where the 'orange flash' originated from in the reactor 3 explosion sequence. Hydrogen burns clear to blueish flame, so orange must be another combustible. This part I cannot figure out.
To debunk the cruise missile theory I noticed the white edging of the roof has been blown off in two places facing the reactor and 2 places on opposite side, in straight lines pointing towards the reactor, there is also a large amount of gravel/concrete chunks on the roof. I have also seen this edging removed outside the turbine housings of other damaged reactor buildings.

This leads me to believe the concrete has infact pierced the roof and damaged the vent. No scalar rabbit holes like 9/11 or deepwater

image courtesy of sulekha.com

Originally posted by Procharmo
reply to post by Silverlok

Very good information. We all know there were issues at 4 nuclear sites.

Tokai,
www.allvoices.com... mi-damage-is-shown-at-the-dai-ni-power-plant-in-handout-satellite-image

Now, new reports are coming in that the Tokai nuclear power plant is showing signs of the damage by the earthquake as its cooling system has collapsed. As of yet, no additional reports of the damage have been obtained but it seems that the situation is still under control. The Tokai nuclear power plant is located 120 km north of Tokyo in the Ibaraki prefecture.

Onagawa,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Japan earthquake and tsunami: fire breaks out at nuclear plant in Onagawa
A fire broke out in the turbine building of Onagawa nuclear plant in Miyagi Prefecture, Japan, on Friday after an 8.9-magnitude earthquake triggered a huge tsunami.

and the two Fukishimas. (Insert this whole thread)..

If the cooling system has collapsed at Tokai, how will we not see another Fukushima occur? That's the whole reason this mess mostly occured, they forgot to fill up the diesel generators. Sure other reactors may have better containment systems but they're obviously not foolproof, I highly doubt can 99% contain radioactive materials during emergency venting and a meltdown.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

How is iodine getting everywhere in the US, is the half life not only 8 days? If it is getting that far does that mean it's in the jet stream or are we just getting the second "half", as in half has already decayed? Also is the half life the same when it is in stuff like milk? As in if it is older than 8 days it is half as radioactive?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions buddy, I blame you though because you know too much.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
reply to post by Black Sheep

Why wouldn't the camera get all static covered and buzzy around such a heavy burst of radiation? You cannot put digital cameras that close to even a small atomic bomb, you need film cameras to do that. The smallest atomic explosion would have left it's finger prints all over the video. That was a dirty bomb at best. There was no white noise in either the video or audio and the distance wasn't terribly far I think someone figured that out a few pages back.
edit on 30-3-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

Good Question:

I was under the impression that the cameras that recorded the explosions were 20-30km away. I agree that is was a failed atomic explosion i.e. very little atomic reaction for all of the available fuel. Dirty, very dirty.

It seems to me that the dirty bomb will leave a very radioactive environment in a 'small' area.

As far as the video, EMP is what kills cameras and burns electronics. I do not know if what we saw could cause EMP. That said, i do not think that we have detonated an atomic device under all that concrete and rebar.

BlackSheep

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverlok

Blast overpressure is very different than static pressures. Static pressure can be thought of as being in a decompression chamber. You can crank it up almost as high as you want to go and be fine. 5psi of blast overpressure is going to turn your lungs into a wet pulpy mess, pulverize your liver and kill you quite messily.

Kind of an apples and oranges comparison.

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

yeah same spot I showed (scan image to right) but your video link is a little better quality than I used

posted on Mar, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Iodine-131 in milk in bay area 18.9 pCi/L (0.70 Bq/L)

Iodine-131 in milk from Spokane WA. 0.8 pCi/L (0.0296 Bq/L)

To put that into some context.... in the bay area, that means by drinking one gallon of milk, your will have about three and a half atoms of I-131 decaying inside you every second. In Spokane, you would have to drink 50 liters (that's what? 13 gallons or so?) of milk to have one single atom decaying every second.

Not much... enough to make checking it regularly a good idea, but not enough to panic over.

(1 Bq is one atomic decay per second)

Incidentally, I have been watching this site concerning the Jet Stream... and it appears that it is picking up some I-131. In the last few days, the Jet Stream has been over CA and flowing from there toward FL and back up the east coast (a pretty good indicator of where I-131 has been being detected). It has now shifted to coming in over OR and WA, curling up across the midwest. I suspect that is where the next reports will be coming from: KS, NE, IL, IA, etc.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 437  438  439    441  442  443 >>

join