It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 376.htm
<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
reply to post by silent thunder

Radioactive rain in Tokyo? Surprise, surprise. The truth is slowing coming out, as it is becoming harder and harder to hide it.

Not just Tokyo, the article says plants nationwide have been instructed to avoid rainwater.

Wow. Didn't catch that. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thanks, Red. I tend to be a very cautious person, but I am really grateful for you reassuring me that the US is okay for now.

And you are right. When I bought kelp iodine pills at Vitamin Shoppe a week and a half ago I saw first hand people flying into the store and dramatically asking for iodine pills. Mob panic, indeed.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

I have said many times: if I suspect a danger to the US, I will be the first to yell.

But so far, all TEPCO has destroyed has been in Japan.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
reply to post by TheRedneck

Thanks, Red. I tend to be a very cautious person, but I am really grateful for you reassuring me that the US is okay for now.

I agree! You've done a great job keeping us informed and helping us understand. I feel like I'm in college again trying to cram in study time before the big test, and I suspect many feel the same way. Your contribution here cannot be overstated.
Actually, a big "bravo" goes to ATS as a whole. Now remind me why mainstream media gets paid for reporting and we don't?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Either the government (health ministry) has realized that TEPCO is a bunch of lying, worthless [censored], or

The radiation threat overall is so much larger now than the cloud of radioactivity hanging in the air over Japan that they have decided to let that cat out of the bag.

I hope it's the former.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I don't know if someone has already posted this link as I haven't read all 375 pages, but it's showing radiation levels throughout Japan - although none very close to the reactors.

japan.failedrobot.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't think this projection takes into account the recent higher levels of radiation , but the wind patterns should still be close , a projection forthe cloud on monday from ZAMG

edit on 27-3-2011 by Silverlok because: itihdlsek alode.lwenm as.w , I mean right?

link   
I agree, the world hasn't seen a disaster like this one ever before, no one knows the actual extent of the catastrophe, the lack of believable news is disconcerting, and the loss of human life and assets overwhelming.
Nature sure did pull the old one - two combo out of the top hat, but ultimately, it was a MAN MADE disaster what crippled the planet, radiation bio-accumulation is by far the worst ill effect of the Fukushima ploy.

Generations of survivors with terrible genetic defects and anomalies, we will undoubtedly eat the fish or be exposed somehow, again, if the food chains break, we wont have much left as we are today, our whole "culture" could be put to its knees, as traditional feeding and economic bonds break and mutate the displaced will be counted by the millions.

So putting all of the news in perspective, for me, only this moment counts, one second of life lived with the intensity of the one that knows that is alive is worth much more than the repetitive routinely lives we currently live.
the nuclear ordeal has been for me a wake up call, no longer can I live without responsibility or with the lack of ardor one requires to truly be free, to truly be conscious of the very few things we have that are real to our hearts, and to the moments we spend with our loved ones, we are lucky being here just talking about it, imagine this, for the Japanese people the Mayan apocalypse came a year earlier, what makes us think that it wont happen at any second for us?

Wake up people, start living as we were meant to live, stop being drones selfishly satisfying their needs, not ours!
We can do better as human beings than forever poisoning the environment and then lying about it to "save farce"

link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck[/i

There are just so many different ways decay can happen... sometimes it is hard to keep up with them.
  • Alpha decay reduces the atomic weight by four and the atomic number by two, producing an energetic helium nucleus in the process.
  • Beta and gamma decay can change a neutron into a proton (same atomic weight, increase atomic number by 1).
  • Neutron decay decreases the atomic weight by one but does not change atomic number.
  • Neutron capture increases the atomic weight by one, but does not change atomic number.
  • Fission creates two smaller atoms approximately half the weight and atomic number of the original, and may also include alpha, beta, gamma, or neutron decay.
And I probably forgot a few....

Sweet, I was wondering about the mechanisms of decay.

I had a vague idea the parent was losing an electron or something, but saw there were several mechanisms involved, so researching just what happens was on my to-do list. - Though it seems interesting enough to still read up more on it.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizd18
I don't know if someone has already posted this link as I haven't read all 375 pages, but it's showing radiation levels throughout Japan - although none very close to the reactors.

japan.failedrobot.com...

I noticed on that map that many locations are currently from 2-5 times the recommended microsievert limit. Even Tokyo and Yokohama have a few locations that are over the limit.
edit on 27-3-2011 by MedievalGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizd18

japan.failedrobot.com...

Thank you so very much for posting that. It seems to dovetail well with the on-the-ground information I am getting.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was just wondering if there has been any news about the condition of the workers who were hospitalized the other day ?

I've checked and couldn't find any updates from the time they were shown being ushered into the hospital undercover of the blue tarps.

Woody

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Press conference...

Latest thing about the 'puddles' in the turbine room... They paln to pump them into the condenser pool...

but the condenser pool is full so they need to empty that first...

so they plan to dump that water into the storage pools... but the storage pools are full so they have to empty those first...

when they do that they can move the 'puddles' in the turbine room

Really frustrating tonight... my internet keeps dropping out

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
NEWS ADVISORY: Iodine-131 1,150 times normal level found in sea north of nuke plant (10:59)

Kyodo News

Hmm. News feed doesn't say how far north from the plant.

Anyhow, much of Japan's fishing industry is toast.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Okay here we go everything is fine now yes?

The NHK sciece guy just posted the rehabilitation plan... though he does say they have no idea how and it will take months

PLUG LEAK?

AAARGGGGGGGGG
edit on 27-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I wonder how they will accomplish all that jive talk, especially due to the fact that most of reactor 3 building is missing.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Saw a film earlier showing the fishermen looking at boats on shore. One said it would take about a year to repair it, but he is not sure if there is a point because of the radiation... So it seems that the fishermen are aware

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

uhhh and dumping more storage pool water is going to put more radioactivity into the ocean and increase the storage pool temperatures even further. I think it's a risky idea.

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Saw a film earlier showing the fishermen looking at boats on shore. One said it would take about a year to repair it, but he is not sure if there is a point because of the radiation... So it seems that the fishermen are aware

It's sad. Many, many families all along the coast of Japan are local fisherman. It was their whole way of life for generations. What will they do now?

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I wonder how they will accomplish all that jive talk, especially due to the fact that most of reactor 3 building is missing.

About an hour ago they had a professor on looking at those images from that last video... he pointed to one and said the crane had collapsed INTO the storage pool and most likely damaged the fuel. Lost connection so am waiting for a repeat of that film

new topics

top topics

<< 373  374  375    377  378  379 >>

join