It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 313.htm
<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 10987654321
Is it me , or does anybody els think they are fafing around like they dont have a f_cking clue as to what to do next.
edit on 24-3-2011 by 10987654321 because: (no reason given)
That's the way it looks,

But I think they are kind of screwed over because there is very little that they can do that will be viewed as correct when it comes down to analysis of their actions in the years to come.

It is becoming more and more obvious to the public (that is interested in the matter) that two reactors have melted cores that have breached not only the RPV's, but the reinforced concrete containment outside of them.

We really are in the dark regarding the spent fuel, and it doesn't help that TEPCO and the Japanese govt have been underestimating, lying and obfuscating since day one.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I find it very sad that the Japan that most people knew and loved is most likely forever gone.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by checkmeout

That's messed up--assuming Chiba and Ehime weren't merely transit points for the vegetables, and were in fact the original source.

Okay, Chiba is southeast of central Tokyo (technically it is a part of Tokyo). And, given that they've detected crap in the water and air in Tokyo already, it's not that surprising to find contaminated vegetables.

But bring up a map showing where Ehime is, and its all the way near Hiroshima to the southwest. How the hell did contaminants get all the way over there?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MedievalGhost
I think the stress worrying about radiation poisoning could possibly weaken the immune system, making people sick. Even killing them later.

There is no question that stress is a killer. And listening to the morning radiation reports on NHK there is going to be a lot of stress over there next few days

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
I guess it's the same way roaches are immune. Humanity was built to survive no matter what I guess. Maybe that is natural selection.

They are also working on mice... they have some success on making radioactive immune mice

Scientists Make Mice Immune to Radiation
October 28, 2009
www.dotmed.com...

Interesting article

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Is it me , or does anybody els think they are fafing around like they dont have a f_cking clue as to what to do next.
That's the way it looks,

But I think they are kind of screwed over because there is very little that they can do that will be viewed as correct when it comes down to analysis of their actions in the years to come.

It is becoming more and more obvious to the public (that is interested in the matter) that two reactors have melted cores that have breached not only the RPV's, but the reinforced concrete containment outside of them.

We really are in the dark regarding the spent fuel, and it doesn't help that TEPCO and the Japanese govt have been underestimating, lying and obfuscating since day one.

Yea i guess your right, i fear they will do somthing out of public pressure to bring it to an end, and that could make it into a bigger catastrophy than it is now.

For what its worth here is my crazy idea as to what to do .

As they are so close to the beach , bring in those massive dregging ships that can pump thousands of tons of sand an hour and cover these reactors ,and in the comming years intomb them in concrete.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Originally posted by zorgon
They are also working on mice... they have some success on making radioactive immune mice

Scientists Make Mice Immune to Radiation
October 28, 2009
www.dotmed.com...

Maybe they can send the radioactivity-immune mice in with cameras to see what the *bleep* is going on in there.

Then maybe they can send these other mice in to fix it:

Mice with human brains

They would probably do a better job than the regular humans are doing so far.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hey peeps ! I'm just wondering why aren't the reactors already entombed in concrete ? Just curious .
edit on 24-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netties Hermit
And just for comparison:

LOVE the strategically placed clock in the centre of the image

Whatever TH that means

SPIN because they are constantly repeating that the power in the control room was turned on at 11:30

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

That's the way it looks,

There have been a few of their spokes people on the NHK that are seriously ticking me off... would LOVE to toss them into the reactor

One of the TEPCO guys just said they need to keep the workers OUT OF THE WATER because it MIGHT be a risk containing more radiation... NO S*** Sherlock you just figured that out NOW? And they keep saying "no immediate danger" like a bunch of bobble heads.

Every update is worse than the one before and they keep saying yeah but... "stay calm no immediate danger"

This guy here is the worst... every time he speaks and shows his charts I feel the hair on my neck stand up

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Hospital near the reactor with 180 patients.... of the 200 doctors on staff all deserted for fear of radiation... all except 17 who stayed and tried to look after the patients. Having no elevator they had to use the stairs...

The 17 finally called for the police to move the patients to other hospitals

Story on live NHK

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Noscible

If they were just transit points then it seems scary that they picked up so much radioactivity in such a short period (presumably fresh veg doesn't take long to transit else it wouldn't be fresh!) I don't know anything about Japan's veg exports... I had not noted that Ehime was so far away.. they do apparently grow citrus fruits en.wikipedia.org...

BUT they also have a nuclear plant in Ikata... wild speculation that maybe that one isn't quite cooled either... (ignore me - I don't trust anything anymore...)
edit on 3/24/2011 by checkmeout because: can't spell

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Normally the Japanese make someone pay (not like they will commit sepuku or anything) for screwing up their jobs, but that only comes during the aftermath.
I am sure they will find a few scapegoats to sacrifice, but the real criminals...

Like the CEO of TEPCO, complicent govt officials and the engineers that decided to design a reactor building with spent rod storage on top of the reactor.....

They will live comfortably for the rest of their lives, no doubt shamelessly.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

I've taken better photos on a cell phone camera in the dark 5 years ago. These japanese have the latest and greatest stuff. I don't buy that, I'm sure it was a cell phone camera, I wasn't talking about the blurring, I was talking about the obvious compression artifacts found within the photograph. Some are from compression, some are from the cmos censor, and some are from radiation. We all know there is radiation in those control rooms that is why they HAVE to install lead plates to make them more habitable.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
TEPCO has been dangling a red herring in front of everyone from near the beginning. They make a big deal about how hard they are trying to get water into the reactor to cool it, but the last thing they want near that core now is water. It would cause an explosion to make the other three explosions look like a firecracker in comparison.

They may have been honestly trying to get cooling water in there for the first two days, but after the hydrogen explosions and obvious signs of core meltdown, I don't believe they have been anything but scared.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
UPDATE

Radiation spreads outside the 30 Km zone. High levels hitting villages water systems because of rain and snow with the wind changing direction... here is the spread...

The river feeding the water supply is contaminated from rain and the army is shipping water. Residents are getting VERY concerned now and the news anchors are starting to question "how can this be?"

Now just in the time it took me to out this together they already updated it again and as I type this they are saying contamination is now spreading quickly to a 200 km radius

The experts are now busy explaining why...

www.livestation.com...
edit on 24-3-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Next time these liars can use a newspaper as proof. That clock proves nothing, other than that photo was taken at 11:30 and there are two of those each and every single day. It does not prove that it's a control room at fukushima, nor does it prove that it's not control room 5,6.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Hey peeps ! I'm just wondering why aren't the reactors already entombed in concrete ? Just curious .
edit on 24-3-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Simple answer: Because the reactors are still on depopulation mission.

Ko3

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I just find it totally unbelievable that they can be pouring all this water over the plants and don't know that walking through that water would be dangerous... Are they really that stupid? This is just unfathomable.

So does that mean they didn't even realize all that water flowing back to the ocean would be highly radioactive?

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Either that is uSv and it will take months for people to die at those levels, or it is mSv and people are already dead and only have a short period of time left to live.

Stay in your houses, everything is under control! We are the government, we'll protect you because we want all of you around for tomorrow! Because we love you so much... mmmm kay!

top topics

<< 310  311  312    314  315  316 >>

join