It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 211.htm
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
it seems the choices here are quite clear...entomb the reactors..or continue to spray water till the end of time!!!!
since spraying water is no longer very effective i guess one option remains.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bitbytebit

I suggest you become better informed on this topic. It is not "just" spent fuel rods. At least two reactors are in partial meltdown. Also, just 600,000+ spent fuel rods is not a small incident that we should be relieved about.

I'm not saying apocalypse, but I am saying hundreds of thousands of people will be direly effected by this over the next twenty-plus years. Yeah, it's no big deal until your child gets leukemia or thyroid cancer.
Honestly, your post, and your attitude have made me physically sick, and now I'm crying.

There are two extremes at work, one is the doom and gloom folk who are wanting a cataclysm, the other are people in denial of the severity of this disaster. (this includes you, apparently, based on your post)

I choose to stay in the middle and patiently research, check facts for corroboration, use discernment, and read the historical record relating to nuclear disasters in-depth. I think most people involved in this discussion on ATS have done well at approaching this subject rationally. Most, but not all.
I cannot decide who is more offensive, the deniers or the doomsayers.

Honestly, you say you've read this thread and others, correct?
If so, you would know there are at minimum two reactors in partial meltdown, and that we have been lied to from word go by TEPCO and the Japanese govt.
I don't believe you've actually read much at all. Go back and do so.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Even a day after shutdown the reactor core still melts in minutes. Number #2 lost all coolant at an early point, though temporarily, but once that happens there is no turning back. It's propably already throught the reactor vessel and is smoking as it melts through the concrete. (You can see smoke coming out from number 2 - nro 3 is still only steaming.)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

show how it can't be possible and later we find out that those people on here were in fact correct.

Well no .. we find out that it actually was possible and the people on here were NOT correct. Can you point out any thing that was assumed on here, contradicted by the international nuclear groups, and turned out that ATS was right? ..I can't.

Now Im not talking about the confusion and misinformation coming out of cnn and other media outlets. I'm talking about the information from the true experts. Even now I see things being said here that are STILL incorrect.

Like I said, look at it objectively, without your bias .. or don't.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
talking about meltdown and such things...

reactors' status report from my last post has such line -

Water Level of the Rector Pressure Vessel
#1 Fuel exposed
#2 Fuel exposed
#3 Fuel exposed

and water injection is mentioned only in pools with used fuel.
edit on 18-3-2011 by AstraCat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

First I appreciate that this forum exists, I have learned a lot this week.

I too have learned more than enough on just this thread alone. There are too many to even thank. So thank you all.

The rampant speculation in this thread (and others) has been eye opening to say the least.

Oh please. I think this thread has been the most informative thread in the world today. How can you say that you learned a lot this week on this forum, then come here into this thread and claim that most of it has been rampant speculation and or hysteria? You sir are a fraud if you think for one minute that this thread has not been the most informative thread in journalism today. I would go so far as to say that people such as TheRedneck and others have probably saved countless people fear and or grief over what may be happening. To even suggest that what he and others here have posted is rampant speculation is ludicrous.

A lot of the speculation is due to misunderstanding the facts and propagating that misinformation.

Yes, by the main stream media no less. And by governments worldwide who have said as much as no harmful stuff here, nothing to see there, nothing to worry over here and there, just go about your business, shut up and take it like men or women. And I might add people such as yourself who do a drive by in a thread that has been or at least should be a major source for the main stream media.

Things like what reactors have what problems, the HUGE amount of confusion over radiation measurements and levels, the fear mongering (worst case scenario people), the 'experts' who can read wikipedia.

Again most of that being done by the main stream media, the local governments of Japan, and the governments around the globe who are trying to stave off near panic in their jurisdictions. Their investments are too large I assume to lose in a massive worldwide panic. And we can't have that now can we? So its damn the torpedoes and full radioactive steam ahead.

however it turns out its just the spent fuel pools (still bad, but nowhere near as bad as made out here). So ALL of the hysteria was based on a false premise.

OK, if its not that bad then fly over there and give the Japanese people at the reactor a hand why don't ya? After all according to you it ain't that bad now is it?

For a week most have been saying publicly that they wish the best for Japan, but privately seem to be hoping for more disaster because frankly its entertaining when its not happening to you.

My god man have you lost your sanity? This is happening to you and me and everyone else on this fracking planet.

Now that things are under control you can really see this because there are a lot of people who are still trying to say 'its not over, its still bad, they are lying, etc..)

They are lying, and have been lying since it happened. So what are you? Some paid military troll with multiple nicks using a software program to tell the world that everything is OK and all we need to do is stay inside and one day it will all be OK?

Look at yourselves objectively and try to learn from this, next time there is a disaster don't be so quick to assume (and hope) for the worst and try to work in doomsday beliefs (num 11, comet, cayce, mayans, etc..)

Frack you buster.

Sorry for the nasty first post. This guy has me radiated this morning.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
What specific claims?

Well for example those made by TheReckNeck, a member who has experience working at a nuclear power plant and who seems to be very knowledgeable on the subject matter. He says according to the very little information we have gotten that there are definitely meltdowns occurring at 1 or more reactors, that the radiation levels ARE in fact growing, and that the situation is nowhere near the state of being under control -- in other words, it's still BAD, very bad, and doesn't look like it'll be getting better... despite what the Japanese are telling us.

Obviously his posts are much more specific and informative, I suggest you read them.

I could link you to many of his posts within the last 20-30 pages, but I really couldn't be bothered looking through each page again. If you're really interested, I'll leave that job to you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AstraCat
a few more reports from JAIF, all in PDF
Sequence of Developments at Nuclear Power Stations Affected by the Earthquake (till March 17) - www.jaif.or.jp...

Current Status of Units 1 to 4 at Fukushima Daiichi NPS (as of noon, March 17, 2011) - www.jaif.or.jp...

Status of nuclear power plants in Fukushima as of 16:00 March 18 (Estimated by JAIF) - www.jaif.or.jp...

Looking at the last link, there sure are a lot of 'unknowns' there.

As in the reactor pressure vessel integrity for #1, 2 and three units...
and the pressure in the reactor pressure vessel on unit #2.

Pressure on #'s ! and #3 are stable, but the fuel rods are listed as exposed on 1,2 and 3.

Sounds like there some leaks to me. At the very least, they don't know what the situation is in at least three of the units.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by defenestrator

At least two reactors are in partial meltdown.

Please provide a verified source of this statement.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Navieko

Redneck is up there among the top offenders actually. He meant well, and he posted relavant actual facts about physics etc.. however, he constantly (and still) maintained the worst case scenario of total meltdown. MANY of his posts bordered on hysterical (this is it! Meltdown, blah blah, primary containment cracked, etc..) He can read wikipedia and he did his best to correct a LOT of the misconceptions and confusion regarding radiation and everything else, but his posts always assumed that the reactors were cracked and leaking .. they arn't

There are more, but I don't need to explain myself. You shouldn't take it personally, unless you should.

Anyway its just an opinion, hopefully the nuclear crap can take a back seat to the tsunami damage repair and help now.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by YourNeighbor

Sorry for the nasty first post. This guy has me radiated this morning.

Wasn't too nasty, just truthful.

I gave you a star.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bitbytebit
reply to post by jaynkeel

show how it can't be possible and later we find out that those people on here were in fact correct.

Well no .. we find out that it actually was possible and the people on here were NOT correct. Can you point out any thing that was assumed on here, contradicted by the international nuclear groups, and turned out that ATS was right? ..I can't.

Now Im not talking about the confusion and misinformation coming out of cnn and other media outlets. I'm talking about the information from the true experts. Even now I see things being said here that are STILL incorrect.

Like I said, look at it objectively, without your bias .. or don't.

You seem to have very or no knowledge of this subject, so i don't see why you think you can come here and call people who work with these things for a living wrong.
Do you even understand that the reactors that are in trouble were meant to be upgraded and changed? And they never were. Every other mach1 reactor in the world has changed for safety reasons. The reason people on ATS can see and work out whats going on, is because they understand these things, unlike you.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

This thread is chock full of them, try reading it.
This isn't about you vs. me.
I'm about to start flinging insults.

EDIT:
I should say it is 100% confirmed in worldwide media that there is a partial meltdown at one reactor, and given the amount of conflicting and unavailable information it is hard to say if there is a second meltdown, but experts whom I have listened to and read reports from (Greg Palast, for one) say that there is undoubtedly a second meltdown because of the type of isotopes being released. So, one confirmed, one implied.

There is a coverup underway in Japan, and it doesn't stop at their borders.
edit on 3/18/2011 by defenestrator because: EDIT:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Redneck is up there among the top offenders actually. He meant well, and he posted relavant actual facts about physics etc.. however, he constantly (and still) maintained the worst case scenario of total meltdown. MANY of his posts bordered on hysterical (this is it! Meltdown, blah blah, primary containment cracked, etc..) He can read wikipedia and he did his best to correct a LOT of the misconceptions and confusion regarding radiation and everything else, but his posts always assumed that the reactors were cracked and leaking .. they arn't
Do you have proof that they 'aren't'?

It doesn't appear that TEPCO can prove that. And they claim to be onsite.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

... but his posts always assumed that the reactors were cracked and leaking .. they arn't

Are you able to back that up with some actual data?

There are more, but I don't need to explain myself. You shouldn't take it personally, unless you should.

Um, actually you DO need to explain yourself if you want to be taken seriously. So far you've yet to offer anything, just more and more rhetoric and conjecture. Step up and actually give us something to work with... otherwise, stop trolling.
edit on 18/3/11 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Navieko

Anyway its just an opinion, hopefully the nuclear crap can take a back seat to the tsunami damage repair and help now.

You are now officially trolling this thread, and I encourage everyone to report you, as I have done. Disinformation is not welcome here, neither are naked assertions. (I'm guilty of naked assertions from time to time, but when the smart folks here call me out, I stand down)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This thread is chock full of them, try reading it.
This isn't about you vs. me.
I'm about to start flinging insults.

Sorry if I pissed you off with my rhetorical question

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency raised the level for the crisis at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant Friday from a 4 to 5 -- putting it on par with the 1979 incident at Pennsylvania's Three Mile Island.

Today is Friday if you need help working that out. So this is UP TO DATE. Things are not OK. Things are not 100% fine and its not time for everyone to forget about this(like the gulf of mexico)

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

It doesn't take a damn nuclear physicist to realize that if the reactor is not fully submerged in water, and for as long as they have been, then there is obviously a partial meltdown (at the least) taking place/has taken place. .

There were also many sources, including TEPCO, admitting their fear regarding the likelihood of 1 or more reactor containment vessels having been breached. It's pretty much confirmed now. But as was already said, try actually reading the thread and you might just gain a little common sense on the issue

1 + 1 = 2
edit on 18/3/11 by Navieko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

My dear, all 6 are.

new topics

top topics

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join