It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 150.htm
<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by rancher1

No, we've seen "will soon" over and over again. You said IT'S BEEN DONE and that CNBC is saying it----I've been watching, and they've not mentioned it once. NO OTHER news outlets are reporting this----don't you think it would be pretty huge breaking news that everyone's waiting for? I still call BS until you can provide something other than "I heard it, I swear!"

Call it BS all you want.. CNBC did a special report tonight, that's what they were saying.. Your late to the party pal.

link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Read my post above----"almost completed" is so far from what Rancher was saying. Read his posts that I quoted----"It's working, great!"
edit on 16-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

link   
Does anyone but me see the odd thing about the official story regarding the radiadtion here..
on 1 hand they say the radiation level is still low enough not to cause any health risks..(even seen it compared to eating bananas)
and yet pilots can only stay on site for a few minutes..??

Of course we know the levels have to be higher than they are reporting

link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Yeah had time to catch up... I saw you post that earlier. And they repeat it on their news over and over that water has been dropped... maybe to keep people thinking they are handling it

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And your unsourced hoax claims have been reported.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Hasn't it been stated that Rain or Water will help settle down certain radioactive particles?

Is there any possibility that they are actually just trying to keep these particles from entering the atmosphere, rather

than trying to cool the reactors?

Forgive me if someone has already brought this up.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Regarding CNBC World, I'm watching it now. Notice that TEPCO stock is down 20% today. I'm sure they'll say anything to keep the company from going under.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

You are a very good contributing member and I enjoy your input but you seem super stressed. I don't think it was anybody's intent to give false hope.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by windwaker
Regarding CNBC World, I'm watching it now. Notice that TEPCO stock is down 20% today. I'm sure they'll say anything to keep the company from going under.

So true..

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

If you check the Tokyo geiger counter on ustream you will see that radiation levels are still slowly rising. The media can't fool the Internet. I wonder how long officials will be able to continue lying and understating the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

they will also need to inject liquid nitrogen. sand and borax dont do it alone. have to bring the temp. down fast.

link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

I am stressed, sure, but people playing with my hope makes me extremely angry. This poster has tried a few times to derail the thread with discussion about stock markets, how we should be watching the markets and not the news, etc. I'm just so done with him.
edit on 16-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

link   

Also the BOJ is in panic mode over the value of the yen rising against the US dollar over this. They are trying to allay fears so that they won't face currency deflation.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

As discussed earlier, I would also hope that at some point they begin to clarify different radiation measures, i.e. alpha and gamma, and why are they only giving measurements of ground level, why aren't we seeing data from the airborne and satellite analysis that the governments surely have access to?

Also, so little info about temperatures observed at the plant.

Also, if the Chinooks have been over reactor #4 so many times, how come the Global Hawk is required to fly over on Thursday (albeit probably higher)? What is it looking for/equipped to record that the helicopters couldn't?

Good night.

link   
Per CNN live 1 out of 4 water drops hit it's mark!!! so all that and 3/4 missed...not looking good for that plan I hope they figure something out quick.

link   
reply to post by zorgon

Consider this possibility....
  • Plants malfunction
  • Workers try to maintain a losing battle
  • Government wants to evacuate but can't due to damage
  • Government hears help is en route
  • Government asks workers to try to maintain until help arrives
  • Workers fail
  • Aid arrives but cannot help due to failure
  • Government takes over control of operation
  • Government doesn't understand problem and tries things with no chance of success.

Not sure of all that, of course, but it does seem to fit...

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by premierepastimes

I agree..there are several of us that have been together on this thread for many pages..
We are all feeling the stress of watching things unfold..I would ask everyone to be a little more understanding of each other at this point.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by windwaker

Could you tell us if the geiger counter you refer to is measuring just gamma or alpha radiation - as this may become important in the event of plutonium (dust) release from fires/plumes from the MOX fuel...?

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hugues de Payens

I agree, i think you should stop watching CNBC...if any at least CNN is being more realistic..

Plus there about to have a live feed from japan and the power company.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been posted.

If it has here is a refresher about core the melting and water cooling, from Yahoo News.

If the rods remain hot enough and exposed above the necessary level of cooling water, they will start to melt. If this condition - called slumping - is unarrested, the material will eventually puddle on the containment floor and probably eat away at it, eventually becoming exposed to the external environment. There is still a possibility of introducing enough coolant before that happens to impede damage, but because the geometry of the rods - their very shape - is lost through melting, water's ability to wrap around and cool the radioactive material is greatly diminished. What you have is a large amount of liquid sitting above deadly sludge but not completely enveloping it, and so it continues to eat away at the bottom.

All of this can happen in a matter of days. At Fukushima - and throughout Japan, as rescuers search for survivors of the earthquake and tsunami - time is of the essence..

news.yahoo.com...

Lets just hope that the cores are not a pile of super heated waste at the bottom.

top topics

<< 147  148  149    151  152  153 >>

join