It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1396.htm
<< 1393  1394  1395    1397  1398  1399 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Yeah, as I said, I posted that more for the cool sat pics than anything else.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Our dear friend Msmilky sent me this link for the speedi data [Which doesn't seem to be coming out as promised] Big surprise.
I'm getting nowhere with it.. "Your search did not match any documents."
Maybe someone [like Q] who knows how to tweek links, will have more luck?
www.bousai.ne.jp/speedi/20130815/2­01308151400.pdf

I was just watching a piece of drivel from NHK. Note their drainage path runs right past the dozen or so inground pools they had dug on top of the hill. [But I'm sure they really moved all that radiated water into the leaking tanks] Tepco wouldn't fib. lol.
I'd really like to see if this line runs over to #5 and #6 on the left as well? I'm sure it does.

Oh, you'll need an aspirin [Or something a lot stronger] to read this!

Thanks to mostly TEPCO's extremely sloppy management It could be more, it could be less, but no one really knows.
Is it really "300 tonnes" leak? .. [Aren't all there leaks 300 tons?]

Because there is only one water gauge installed for the group of tanks.
TEPCO had never measured the water level of the tank No.5 until this leak was found, and the company had to send workers on top the tank to stick in the tape measure. [A tape measure?]
However, that's 10 tonnes, or 10,000 liters a day.
Could the leak be from the bottom of the tank, which is made of five 16-millimeter thick SS400 steel sheets fastened together? (They did use epoxy sealer inside to prevent corrosion?)
Could the concrete platform have cracks through which the waste water has been leaking?

TEPCO couldn't answer.
So, in conclusion, neither TEPCO nor NRA know exactly what's happening.
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Okay, this IS ATS, so humor me here. I ran across this little nugget, and thought some might enjoy the fact that we can add ALIENS to the Fuk crisis.

www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

"An Ethical Extraterrestrial contactee reveals that Fukushima’s "Silent Spring" is part of an alien scenario toward the destruction of a vital biodiversity on our planet Earth. This contactee also suggests that Fukushima is part of an on-going alien directed war against humans, that is vitally associated with the biological diversity on our planet Earth."

You just can't make this crap up.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Aircooled, If I understood you correctly, I think there is something wrong with the link you were given.
This link to bousai.ne.jp/speedi/20130815/201308151400 seems to download OK. I am not sure what I did, except to take out a strange character in the centre of the URL you were trying.

If you want to try other days, right click on the link above and copy link location into a text editor, then copy the link to another line, then change the date in the directory and in the filename parts, then copy and paste back into the browser search bar and press return.

Matadoor:

You just can't make this crap up
You have to admit that this is all such madness that anything could be going on. One 'reason' is just as likely as another and aliens at war with humans is about as likely as we are all going to get out of this disaster alive. How can we rationalize a situation like this? We cannot - if we believe that the folk who build and run nuclear plants are human at all. Personally, I think something totally screwy is up on Earth.
edit on 22 Aug 2013 by qmantoo because: mat reply

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

after reading this I should make clear : I am certain that deterioration of the pools moderators ( and the in the near future criticality ) are the reason Tepco is a) saying the sky , oops I mean pool , is falling and b) a cover story ( i.e we dropped a rod and it started a criticality as opposed to us being unable to stop moderator deterioration after so much radiation absorption and uncontrolled criticalities are a FACT for pool storage which means every pool is a ticking time bomb)

these calculations would not have been possible without help from the dedicated individuals here...I should like to point out that the 'surface boiling, corium, peroxide environment, uranium( and plutonium) atomic release mechanisms, which have been proven over the last six months where postulated right here on this thread first ...almost a year and a half ago.
If this was a university the people involved would be getting phd's and nobel prize considerations for advancing man's knowledge of physics and chemistry.....there is a certain element among humanity that allows us to subduct or transcend a certain line that defines how things interact and why . beyond that line in either direction some of us hunt in fearful packs for cougars and others hunt twice..once for the competition and once for them selves
edit on 22-8-2013 by Silverlok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Silverlok

If this was a university the people involved would be getting phd's and nobel prize considerations for advancing man's knowledge of physics and chemistry.....
Here are the university phd's doing their bit in the previous BBC article

Prof Neil Hyatt ( Sheffield University )

But there are problems with these tanks, says Prof Neil Hyatt, from the University of Sheffield, UK.
"To keep up with the rate at which radioactive cooling water is accumulated, Tepco has opted to use containment tanks incorporating plastic seals. Seepage from these joints was the cause of the latest leak of radioactive water."

Prof Paddy Regan ( LinkedIn profile here - Surrey University )

According to Prof Paddy Regan, at the University of Surrey, UK, this leak must be kept in some perspective.
"The numbers reported for dose from these concentrated sources are high - standing there for any more than a few minutes would not be encouraged - but the risks are measurable and the potential doses received should be monitored by workers in the immediate area," he said.

Prof Andrew Sherry ( linkedin profile here - Manchester University profile )

Prof Andrew Sherry from the University of Manchester, UK, says the measures taken by Tepco are the right ones.
"Though serious, this leak is a long way from the Level 7 incident we were facing in 2011. The approach taken by Tepco to drain the tank, pump leaked water to temporary storage, and protect the drainage of contaminated water to ground water, is entirely sensible," he explained.

Maybe we should invite them onto this thread to explain what they mean? Their email addresses are on those pages.

=====================================
Speedi data has been discounted as unreliable back in Jan 2012

A government commission evaluating guidelines on nuclear disaster management released a plan Wednesday asking authorities to refrain from using SPEEDI, a computer system that judges whether residents should evacuate based on its predictions of radioactive fallout after a nuclear accident.

The working group of the Cabinet Office’s Nuclear Safety Commission said, “Predictions made by SPEEDI have a large degree of uncertainty, making it unreliable during times of emergency.”

The group recommends judgments about evacuations should be made based on data collected, such as radiation levels, rather than using SPEEDI, which makes predictions of “low reliability.”
but they say in this article that it is a way to diffuse criticism of the government not releasing figures to the public (but did to the US military) as soon as they knew them.

edit on 22 Aug 2013 by qmantoo because: missed paren

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thanks Q!

Hey!!! fantastic, Kevin said it out loud. "The emperor has no clothes"
"Isn’t Fukushima Daiichi at least a 21 on International Nuclear Event Scale, equal to 3 Level 7′s? “Global catastrophe… Disaster of unimaginable proportions”
www.youtube.com...

Better late than never eh!
Media now exposing Fukushima cover-up: “So many terrible things are not being reported” — Official radiation figures cannot be trusted — Regulator suspects Tepco giving false data
enenews.com... egulator-suspects-tepco-giving-govt-false-data-proble

Not sure what's going on here? King 5 news in Seattle. Check out the 44 second mark. That's not fuk. So what is it? Another [gulp] site? Photoshop? I mean even the quay is the wrong shape. The reactors look all wrong. Buildings and stacks are missing.
www.king5.com...

"You don’t know where the leaks are, and you don’t know why the alarms are going off outside the operation center. There are many unclear issues. Can you tell me if there is any data that might lead to serious danger?
www.fukuleaks.org...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Isn't that pic of Hanford?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood

Isn't that pic of Hanford?

Check out the link. The story is about the leaking tanks at fuk.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I know, i checked it out, but i was responding to what you posted before the link and you are right. It doesn't look like fuk, but it does remind me of the way Hanford is laid out.

Maybe i misunderstood what you were saying.
edit on 23-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I agree, something major is not right in that, the harbour wall does not look correct for Daiichi and there is NO debris from the tsunami. Maybe it is one of those time-slip examples :-) I think it is a complete mistake as it looks like a generated image to me, one made by CGI although there is damage to the reactors in the picture. I wonder where it came from?

In case we dont have this yet - The World Nuclear Industry Status Report 2013 giving lots of information on the world current situation.

Current Status of Fukushima Daiichi 1–4 published 20Jul13

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Forgive if this sounds odd...but i have a question that has been sitting in the back of my head for awhile.

Has anyone here seen or heard anything about a bird like being spotted around Fukushima at the time of its initial meltdown...or even more recently?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
EneNews website
In the comments on this old 01Aug13 Enenews post, PattieB mentions that R5 lost control rods and started ITSELF without a lid. Could this be true? Have we seen anything like that on this thread about R5 ?

PattieB in this comment

the number 5 reactor lost control rods… self-started with lid off it.. is why they called manufacture in to get lid on expanded top.. and it has MASSIVE FISSURE right UNDER IT !!
not much word on 6… semi-stable..?

PhilipUpNorth says this

...How long have you been keeping this to yourself?

norbu in this post

I read PB said "that she thought the coriums where moving 60 to 70 miles under japan." maybe I am wrong

Does anyone know whether PattieB is a reliable source of info on EneNews?

===============================

Has anyone here seen or heard anything about a bird like being spotted around Fukushima at the time of its initial meltdown...or even more recently?
I have seen plenty of birds on the webcam, is there any particular bird you mean? Why would there NOT be birds flying about? I dont really understand the question.

edit on 23 Aug 2013 by qmantoo because: birds

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

I know the webcam has caught flocks of birds flying over the plant, but that was a while back when I used to watch the feed from time to time and after the initial explosions etc. I haven't watched in a long time.

I know that around Chernobyl despite the radiation being too high for humans to live there, some of the wildlife has returned/adapted and is thriving in some parts.

Can you elaborate your thoughts? Are you thinking of a bird-like drone?

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Wow! 60/70 MILES? Already?

How quickly would the cores have to be moving to reach such a depth and do we know if that is possible? I have seen lava flows and they move fast, but the cores are underground and progress would be affacted by the surrounding geology. How far down is the aquifier?

I suppose if the cores melted down and left containment within the first few hours/days this would be possible as we are looking at progress over years.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Remove 50 Centimeters...or More of Tainted Soil

Just add to the instability of the place...

TEPCO to remove radiation-soaked soil

The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station on Friday will start removing soil soaked with radioactive water from the plant.

TEPCO workers found on Monday that one of the storage tanks near the Number 4 reactor has leaked more than 300 tons of highly radioactive wastewater. Some of the water may have flowed into the sea through a drainage system.

Much of the water that has leaked is believed to have soaked into soil near the tank as there is little water left on the ground and little contamination in the drainage system.

TEPCO workers plan to collect the soil on Friday to prevent the contamination from spreading further underground.
The workers will dig up about 50 centimeters of soil with heavy equipment and then measure radiation levels. If the levels are high, the workers will dig deeper to remove the soil until the levels are equal to those in untainted spots.

However, it is not known where and how much escaped water has penetrated the ground. In addition, some places have a network of cables underground.

TEPCO says its workers will first collect earth in places where no equipment is buried. But it is not clear how much soil they can remove.
Aug. 22, 2013 - Updated 17:29 UTC

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

AC, in watching this video again, I started howling laughing, when right at the end, the guy was using a REAL Bass-O-Matic to chop up the fish to test them. Even says so right on the side.

Memories of Saturday night live, back in the good old days, sprang to my brain.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Scientists will use cosmic rays to peer inside Fukushima reactor

www.extremetech.com...

"The news just keeps coming from Fukushima, questioning both the reported volume and radioactivity of the water leaking into the ocean, and projections continue to get less optimistic by the day. The only encouraging part is that the potential solutions seem to be almost as numerous as the newly reported problems, as authorities are in the midst of building a steel wall to contain flowing ground water, and now want to freeze a section of the perimeter to create a second wall of icy earth. These are all ultimately stop-gap measures, however, designed to minimize the continuing impact while cleanup efforts continue in earnest. The biggest problem for actually improving the state of the core: cleanup crews know very little about what’s actually going on inside."

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I was tracking an old story about the appearance of what could best be described as "Demons" or "Mothman" at various incidents like this one.

The Black bird of Chernobyl, and similar sightings of weird winged beings around the time of incidents like this.

Got me curious.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
New Scientist [HA!]
"Dump it all"
www.newscientist.com...

top topics

<< 1393  1394  1395    1397  1398  1399 >>

join