It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1380.htm
<< 1377  1378  1379    1381  1382  1383 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Way too accurate to find any humor in the Hitler clip my dear AC.

I don't worry about me. I've already lived more than a full life. It's my kids. And I have a "Mommy No List"...

"Do not discuss Fuku....I-131, Cs-134, Cs-137, Krypton-85, Strontium-90, Tritium, etc....with other people Mom. You freak people out. They think you are weird."

Once again, my sincerest appreciation for the other "weird" folks on this thread....

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alekto
I've simply asked the ever so concerned citizens of this thread to provide radiation readings from their locale and prove (I think this is a bit optimistic of me - but you never know) That A) The radiation's point of origin is Fukushima and B) That the levels of radiation are of dangerously high levels which effect their wellbeing.

Greetings:

As one of those 'ever so concerned citizens', I take exception to your antagonistic attitude toward these fine folks on this thread keeping the interest alive in this, perhaps the world's greatest environmental catastrophe. If you were truly up to date on this issue, you might realize that we are attempting to keep the heat on this cover-up of unimaginable proportions.

Both of your above points have been covered extensively, not only in this thread, but in many of our signature threads. (see below)

As has been suggested by numerous individuals, perhaps you might catch up on your reading and, hopefully, comprehension, of this serious, worldwide radiation problem that Fukushima continually presents us with, and then come back with meaningful participation... one can only hope.

You have come late to this party and brought nothing but an attitude.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Somehow I have a hard time believing the rads in the ocean are moving in a straight line?

The main body of radioactive surface plume of which activity exceeded 10 Bq m−3 travelled along 40° N and reached the International Date Line on March 2012, one year after the accident. A distinct feature of the radioactive plume was that it stayed confined along 40° N
enenews.com... ornia-map

Three months later I see on ENE that we almost had a meltdown here..... and nobody was told.

a Chalk River nuclear operator mistakenly closed a vital pumping system that cools the immense heat generated within the NRU reactor’s core
the Crown corporation said the Feb. 27 event — which the official report characterized as a “near-miss” — needs to be taken very seriously.

enenews.com...
www.ottawacitizen.com...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
USGS reports quake with prelim magnitude 6.1 strikes near east coast of Honshu, Japan. NHK says no tsunami danger, according to Reuters

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

I've resisted the temptation long enough I think

Either you don't get it or you are being deliberately obtuse.

[1] Radioactivities of particulate 131I and 137Cs released from the Fukushima nuclear accident were monitored in a regional aerosol network including two high mountain sites (central Taiwan and Tibetan Plateau). The results were integrated with data measured elsewhere around the world, with special focus on the mid-latitudes The hemispheric transport of the Fukushima radiation clouds (FRCs) by the westerlies took ∼18 days, displaying an exponential-like decrease eastward, with a dilution factor of at least five orders of magnitude following a full circuit around the globe
emphasis mine

Hemispheric dispersion of radioactive plume laced with fission nuclides from the Fukushima nuclear event

That's just one paper, go look at this google scholar search on atmospheric dispersal of Fukushima radiation for more if you need it.

You understand that Taiwan and the Tibetan Plateau are around the world from Japan when you are traveling on the prevailing winds as would anything ejected into the atmosphere via the following method:

It took approximately 18 days for the first of the airborne (aersolized, think the size of smoke) particulate matter to be detected after the initial explosions.

They're a bit tricksy with the words there by using the term "dilution" it's a fine line but you don't really dilute radioactive material.

You can disperse it over a wide area, in this case globally, but it's just as actively emitting either alpha, beta, or gamma rays.

You do know that the inverse square law works in both directions, yes?

You get a few of these ingested through breathing it in and it's small enough to pass trough the membranes in your lung to your bloodstream.

It may get flushed out or it may get incorporated into your body, depending on the specific isotope.

Some go to bone mimicking calcium, some go to muscle tissue.

This could be decades later. This could have already have happened and it not express in my or your remaining lifetime.

I'm finished having kids, are you? It might not express in you, but it could show up in you offspring or even further down the line. There's TONS of research out there on the genetic affects that can occur generations later if you need that evidence, I can help you with google if you need.

It's practically impossible to know for a certainty if or when you'd encounter such material due to the it's size.

There's still atmospheric dust from the pacific tests.

The main difference here is in those tests a much greater percentage of the radioactive material was converted directly to energy as per Eisenstein's famous e=mc^2.

And that's just considering airborne action, there's another vector for the radionuclides to venture forth into the exterior environment.

In this situation all of the material (minus the tiny amount that may have gone supercrtlitical) is at stake and all of the fuel rods that are on site.

Including 40 years worth of spent fuel.

Have you ever seen lava? The thick slow moving kind they have in hawaii is a good example:

That's what the cores of 1,2,&4 probably look like somewhere under where they started.

[ETA: They don't know, they can't even get close to the reactors with robots because the radiation is so high it fries the hardened circuits. Turdco themselves have told us that the technology to deal with this does not exist. Wrap your brain around that if you can]

And they've been pouring hundreds of thousands of gallons of water over these molten puddles of slag trying to keep Satan's blood cool.

But they never took galvanic transport into account.

Another method of making this stuff submicroscopic and moving into the environment where it could be encounter an enormous multitude of ways.

I also happen to think that someone saying categorically that Fukushima radiation is directly responsible for their migraines to be a bit excessive.

I just don't think there's any way for us living outside the immediate area to be certain of knowing to that degree of certainty.

The mothers in the area who are being told to never bring up even the word radiation are a different matter.

Sorry folks, I couldn't resist any longer.

edit on 18-5-2013 by jadedANDcynical because: A bit more to say

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Pretty Good Jolt -- 6.0 EQ

2:24 into the clip

Long Version:

23:55 into clip:

- Purple Chive
edit on 18-5-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
27.5 cubic meters is 27.5 tons.... so how does that become 4 litres? lol
Tanks from #5 and #6, eh?......
fukushima-diary.com...

Tepco... Magna BSP... and not releasing data.
www.simplyinfo.org...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Only 300 liters Leaked...Not 120,000...

Yeah, right....

ajw.asahi.com...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Greetings:

As one of those 'ever so concerned citizens', I take exception to your antagonistic attitude toward these fine folks on this thread keeping the interest alive in this, perhaps the world's greatest environmental catastrophe. If you were truly up to date on this issue, you might realize that we are attempting to keep the heat on this cover-up of unimaginable proportions.

I'll take that as 'No, I haven't got anything tangible that would hold up under scrutiny' then. You're free to believe that I'm being obtuse, if that makes you feel better.
Actually, I take issue with a number of users here (I name no names) that are quite insistent that something untoward is happening in their own backyard as a direct result of Fukushima. I've seen stories of people, cattle, dogs etc dropping dead, another gentleman blamed Fukushima for his recent bout of migraines.

This doesn't sound plausible really, does it?

edit on 19-5-2013 by Alekto because: because

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm
USGS reports quake with prelim magnitude 6.1 strikes near east coast of Honshu, Japan. NHK says no tsunami danger, according to Reuters

Earthquakes happen every day in Japan.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thorfourwinds

Greetings:

I'll take that as 'No, I haven't got anything tangible that would hold up under scrutiny' then.

Radiation induced cancers and heart conditions can take 5-60 years to present them selves. Its been a little over 2 years. What your asking us to do is like asking if any one has died from the titanic right after it struck an iceberg and than saying "SEE you guys have nothing to worry about and are just freaking out."

Here's some of the early effects of radiation being seen in the US

obrag.org...

www.washingtonsblog.com... yroid-problems.html

coto2.wordpress.com...

Hope that helps you out

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Hi there BriGuy. Appreciate the civility extended to me. And again, if you think I'm being obtuse, just entertain me. But I wouldn't really accept the findings of the San-Diego free press as conclusive proof. Do you have something from a peer-reviewed journal I could take a look at? Thanks.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

If you go to the third link the information comes from:

The recent CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report

It goes on to say

eight cities in the northwest U.S. (Boise ID, Seattle WA, Portland OR, plus the northern California cities of Santa Cruz, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, and Berkeley) reported the following data on deaths among those younger than one year of age: 4 weeks ending March 19, 2011 - 37 deaths (avg. 9.25 per week) 10 weeks ending May 28, 2011 - 125 deaths (avg.12.50 per week) This amounts to an increase of 35% (the total for the entire U.S. rose about 2.3%), and is statistically significant.

and the article is written by 2 M.D.s thats why I provided the second source as the first one does come from a bias writer and does not provide the source of the information

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Tepco cam shows nothing wrong. Re-runs?
TBS/JNN show the power flickering on and off and the film is cut short.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by BriGuyTM90

[sic]Appreciate the civility extended to me. And again, if you think I'm being obtuse, just entertain me.

If you desire civility try extending some. BTW you are not obtuse, you give yourself a lot of credit. You are painfully transparent.

The "proofs" you desire, such as testing of cows and horses and migraines? At our own expense no doubt. Oh wait I'll just go spend $250,000 on some equipment so I can autopsy a dead horse because some dude on a thread asked me to. Get real. On top of that, no one on this thread is claiming for sure that dead cows, horses and migraines are even due to Fuku. Where has anyone on this thread said that they had proof that dead horses, or a cow was killed from Fuku? Maybe I missed something.

Better yet, will you stop feeding your child radioactive food solely on the basis of peer-reviewed research? How many peer-reviewed articles will it take to "prove" to you? 1? 2? 5? And you think that's ok? Do you even know how long the peer-review process takes? You think your daughter's thyroid cares one bit about the peer review process? You think that peer-reviewed journals will jump and down with glee to publish research on this issue? You think scientists don't care about their funding or their reputations? You are woefully naive, but for your daughter... dangerously naive.

You think you have the right to come on this thread antagonize us and then demand we prove something to you we aren't even claiming and then whine when we don't respond at your pleasure? Why don't you do your own research? Go find out yourself. You sound like you want all the answers and aren't prepared to put in any of the work.

You claimed to have read every post in this thread and you obviously have not. At least we're not deliberately lying to YOU.

In any case, why don't you:
Provide "conclusive evidence" (and we'll decide what that is) that the light coming in your window is A) from the sun and B) that it effects your health and wellbeing personally.
or
Provide "conclusive evidence" that 3 ongoing meltdowns can't effect anyone's heath and wellbeing.
or
Provide any reason whatsoever why we should take you seriously as you've already proven you know enough to endanger your daughter willingly.
or
go away.

You are either a shill for the nuke industry (as we have seen here before) or just some MSM brain stupefied zombie who thinks it's a laugh to play with people who care about something. At least our belief's and suppositions aren't going to hurt anyone, and if we are right may even help a few folks. If we are wrong we've wasted some energy but no one will get hurt by it.. can you say the same if you're wrong?

Go git ye sum edumaction son, if you care. You should try actually reading this thread. It's a good place to start.

edit on 20-5-2013 by Wertwog because: Sorry AC, not as patient as you are.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Sssshhhh
I think I actually provided what they were asking for and they went away. lol Don't give them a reason to come back and start again.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Mapping Radiation Data in Japan

Researchers from the University of Southampton have designed a tool to intelligently combine nuclear radioactivity data in Japan which became available after a magnitude nine Tsunami hit the North-East coast of Japan in March 2011, severely damaging the nuclear power plant of Fukushima-Daiichi. With radioactivity increases of up to 1,000 times the normal levels in the area of Fukushima with more than 488,000 people being evacuated from their homes, private individuals brought forward the unprecedented effort of deploying 577 Geiger counters across the country to help the public monitor the spread of the nuclear cloud. These sensors, mostly built using low-cost open hardware boards such as Arduino were able to stream radiation data in real time connected through the Cosm web platform.

Nuclear News - The Japan Nuclear Crowd Map reveals local radiation levels

Orchid project

Crowd sourcing - Southampton researchers develop new tool to provide radiation monitoring in Japan

Southampton University - ECS researchers at Southampton University develop new tool to provide radiation monitoring in Japan

Japan Nuclear Crowd Map - Radioactivity In Your Area

==============================================
Arab News - Thousands rally against nuclear power in Taiwan 20May13

TAIPEI: Thousands of Taiwanese marched through the capital Taipei yesterday urging the government to halt construction of a nearly completed nuclear power plant, citing the Japanese atomic crisis.

The demonstrators chanted slogans like “No Nuke for Our Children” during the march which extended for miles as they evoked memories of the March 2011 Fukushima crisis sparked by an earthquake and tsunami.

Police estimates of the turnout were not immediately available while the organizers claimed 30,000 people took part. They said some protesters would hold an overnight sit-in outside Parliament.

“The Fukushima accident told us that a nuclear power plant is very risky,” Lee Chou-lan, spokesman for the Taiwan Environmental Protection Union which organized the event, told AFP.

========================================
JAEA head resigns following Monju lapses

Japan Atomic Energy Agency (JAEA) president Atsuyuki Suzuki has resigned after the country's nuclear regulator blocked the restart of the Monju prototype fast breeder reactor (FBR) due to inspection deficiencies. Monju (JAEA)

The Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) said on 15 May that JAEA would not be permitted to make preparations for the restart of the 280 MWe Monju FBR until it could confirm improvements to its inspection procedures. The reactor has been offline since August 2010.

In November 2012 it was revealed that JAEA had failed to conduct regular inspections on almost 10,000 out of a total 39,000 pieces of equipment at Monju. Some of these included safety-critical equipment. In January, the NRA ordered JAEA to change its maintenance rules and inspection plans

edit on 20 May 2013 by qmantoo because: taiwan rally

edit on 20 May 2013 by qmantoo because: typo

edit on 20 May 2013 by qmantoo because: JAEA president resigns

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
#3 is hotter and bleeding into the sea more. [Maybe the dump truck size blob of molten corium broke into several chunks?] I see they're still hiding/omitting Iodine releases. [I think we all know there is fission happening, Tepco]
fukushima-diary.com...

I don't know how they can keep these nuked navy folks from suing? I hope their legal Beagles are reading on this thread.

We see official Brazilian documents on radiation..... and a rain swipe!

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BriGuyTM90
reply to post by Wertwog

Sssshhhh
I think I actually provided what they were asking for and they went away. lol Don't give them a reason to come back and start again.

LMAO, BG. You are correct. I shouldn't poke at it I just couldn't resist. Hopefully the bee swarm will be averted.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Oh wow, remember the guy in this video? He lived 50 miles from fuk and was radioactive. He just died.
fukushima-diary.com...

top topics

<< 1377  1378  1379    1381  1382  1383 >>

join