Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1376
<< 1373  1374  1375    1377  1378  1379 >>

join

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Eastern Ontario, about 100 miles west of Ottawa. The Jet stream quite often will curve under the great lakes and then travel north east along the St Lawrence valley.

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Thanks...lol if I would have watched the video first I wouldn't feel so dumb for asking

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
They started throwing up these storage pools late last summer, if I remember right?
So..... leaking after filling for 8 days and not reported until two weeks ago. Soooo... I guess they leaked for 6 to 7 months.
enenews.com... y-video
Comments are always pretty good on ENE, as well.

4.7 off the coast of fuk.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
This got me to thinking, these crazy people are serious about kick starting a whole bunch of reactors in the fall. They're not going to ask. Unless Japanese folks flip out on mass, they're going to do it. We know the mox is on it's way from France.
This whole scenerio is so past crazy, it occured to me that the government and Tepco are really spitting in the face of the Gods, here, daring the Gods to throw another huge quake at Japan for having the stupidity to ignore the warnings.
I'm sure lots of you read over at our great ATS quake thread as well as other sources. Not one person in the world would be amazed if an 8.5 struck a month or two {Or a day or two} after they restart them.
Am I the only one who sees this looking like a Greek mythology tale?

Tokyo's getting hotter.
fukushima-diary.com... aign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Spikes Intake Canal

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
www.agoracosmopolitan.com...

Fukushima: California rainwater manifests radiation poison symptoms

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Damn

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Seems like LaSalle had more problems restarting.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
29apr13
article from NYTimes reported by Enenews

Radioactive Water Imperils Fukushima Plant

[...] the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is faced with a new crisis: a flood of highly radioactive wastewater that workers are struggling to contain.

Groundwater is pouring into the plant’s ravaged reactor buildings at a rate of almost 75 gallons a minute. It becomes highly contaminated there, before being pumped out to keep from swamping a critical cooling system. [...]

That quandary along with an embarrassing string of mishaps — including a 29-hour power failure affecting another, less vital cooling system — have underscored an alarming reality: two years after the meltdowns, the plant remains vulnerable to the same sort of large earthquake and tsunami that set the original calamity in motion. [...]

“Tepco is clearly just hanging on day by day, with no time to think about tomorrow, much less next year,” said Tadashi Inoue, an expert in nuclear power who served on a committee that drew up the road map for cleaning up the plant. [...]

30apr13
e nenews article about Fox News
What is killing sea lion pups?

29apr13
Enenews

Japan Doctor: So enraged by response of gov’t — Fukushima children’s rashes, nosebleeds, diarrhea, fatigue blamed on radiation-phobia mothers

Katsuno Onozawa, a doctor of psychosomatic medicine, who has taken part in children’s health consultations in Fukushima Prefecture

What shocked me the first time I participated in January of last year was the gap between what the newspapers and TV news were reporting and the reality in Fukushima as attested to by the mothers [...]

Wanting to protect their children from radiation, they pleaded with the prefectural and city governments and local doctors, but none would take their side.

They just said things like, “It’s safe. You don’t have to take any special action. There are lots of radiation-phobia mothers, and we can’t deal with them all.”

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Cryptome have put up some of the 2000 pics that Tepco released in February, Nuckelchen made reference to the Tepco files on page 1363 but couldn't download all of them and no-one really talked about them. I feel sorry for the person who took the 5th one, look at all the rad strikes

I know that these have already been brought up but why not take another look.

CRYPTOME

Pics are taken from Tepco site, if you click the Tepco Zip file you get quite a few pics per click. Please download them and save them and investigate etc etc.

photo.tepco.co.jp...

These would be so good for Zworld, wonder what happened to him, and if we'll ever see the book about underground bomb factories.

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by qmantoo

29apr13
article from NYTimes reported by Enenews

Radioactive Water Imperils Fukushima Plant

[...] the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is faced with a new crisis: a flood of highly radioactive wastewater that workers are struggling to contain.

Groundwater is pouring into the plant’s ravaged reactor buildings at a rate of almost 75 gallons a minute. It becomes highly contaminated there, before being pumped out to keep from swamping a critical cooling system. [...]

That quandary along with an embarrassing string of mishaps — including a 29-hour power failure affecting another, less vital cooling system — have underscored an alarming reality: two years after the meltdowns, the plant remains vulnerable to the same sort of large earthquake and tsunami that set the original calamity in motion. [...]

“Tepco is clearly just hanging on day by day, with no time to think about tomorrow, much less next year,” said Tadashi Inoue, an expert in nuclear power who served on a committee that drew up the road map for cleaning up the plant. [...]

30apr13
e nenews article about Fox News
What is killing sea lion pups?

29apr13
Enenews

Japan Doctor: So enraged by response of gov’t — Fukushima children’s rashes, nosebleeds, diarrhea, fatigue blamed on radiation-phobia mothers

Katsuno Onozawa, a doctor of psychosomatic medicine, who has taken part in children’s health consultations in Fukushima Prefecture

What shocked me the first time I participated in January of last year was the gap between what the newspapers and TV news were reporting and the reality in Fukushima as attested to by the mothers [...]

Wanting to protect their children from radiation, they pleaded with the prefectural and city governments and local doctors, but none would take their side.

They just said things like, “It’s safe. You don’t have to take any special action. There are lots of radiation-phobia mothers, and we can’t deal with them all.”

Let's keep in mind that the 75 gallons a minute is just the ground water leaking in. I don't think that counts what they're pumping in.

Another "Chief" and his name is Ono. Oh No!.. lol..... I'm sure 3 times is a charm!
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
StonedSheep - all of those images amount to just over 3Gb. In this case the zipping process is only used to group them into logical sections or releases as JPG image files are already compressed and zipping them does not appear to be useful at saving any more space.

There certainly are some interesting images in that collection and anything we may have wanted in the past can probably be found in those images - somewhere. And thats what Tepco probably want, is for us to say to ourselves, "there are too many images for us to look through all of them". Many of these pictures are also in the reference area for this Fuku thread.

All-in-all massive information overload similar to the new Mars rover Curiosity photos.

However... if enough people look through them looking for a particular thing or area, then we will find it everntually.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
reply to post by okiecowboy

Eastern Ontario, about 100 miles west of Ottawa. The Jet stream quite often will curve under the great lakes and then travel north east along the St Lawrence valley.

Sorry, too many pages to go back through...
Aircooled, I gather you take regular measurements of rainwater. How often do you get a hot rainfall reading?

I live East of Winnipeg and was wondering if I should be purchasing a geiger counter...

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnderGetty
Aircooled, I gather you take regular measurements of rainwater. How often do you get a hot rainfall reading?

I live East of Winnipeg and was wondering if I should be purchasing a geiger counter...

Why would you bother? What purpose would it serve you?

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The rain falls on the vegetable gardens and I eat the vegetables.

A lot of people around here drink well water and most of these wells are shallow (less than 50 ft) so they're basically drinking rain water.

The cows around here that supply our milk drink rain water.

We eat the fish around here that live in water that falls from the sky.

During the spring thaw, some houses get flooded with melt water that fell as snow and accumulated during the winter months.

Sediment from the spring melt gets mixed with road grit and when it dies out, it becomes airborne dust.

So there are a few good reasons why monitoring precipitation is a good idea.

What purpose would it serve me to know how hot the rain was? Well I can choose to act on that knowledge appropriately just like any other type of knowledge.

Anyway, it's probably been posted here but I thought this was a neat initiative (Safecast):
www.facebook.com...
edit on 1-5-2013 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Why would you bother? What purpose would it serve you?

This kind of comment really does not achieve anything. Of course we all want to remain alive and in good health. So... why would YOU not bother to remain healthy and take good care of your family?

If you mean that the attempt to remain healthy is useless given the enormity of the disaster, then yes, it may be, but we have to continue to try. We are no use to our family and friends if we give up and die and those who want us dead by their incompetence and greed have scored a victory because we have thrown in the towel and given up the fight.

Information is power and so the more information we have about the ways to mitigate the effects of the radiation, the more likely we are to stay alive. There is no greater motivator than anger, so get angry at the situation and then place your motivated energy into action according to the things you are able to do.

posted on May, 2 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Alekto

There are many ways to mitigate radiation exposure and monitoring your levels will inform you as to whether you need to take extra steps for you and your family.

1. Don't go out in the rain. If you get exposed to rain shower immediately with Baking Soda. Baking soda neutralizes much radiation. Scrub hard. If you got exposed walking the dog, wash the dog too (pets get more exposure). Wash clothes with baking soda.
2. Remove outdoor shoes and clothing outside (don't wear contaminated closes inside).
3. Soak veggies in backing soda bath for 20 minutes. Especially leafy greens (the leaves and surfaces trap airborne radiation) and mushrooms.
4. Stick to root veggies as much as possible. Avoid dairy and meat (these foods bioaccumulate rads). Greenhouse veggies are a bit better than outdoor.
5. Filter your drinking water with reverse-osmosis if possible, if not possible use charcoal filters.
6. Use a hepa filter to filter indoor air (hepa filters were first developed in nuclear labs).
7. Take supplements to boost your immune system generally.
- Zyolite or benzonite clay is a rad absorber.
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Iodine
- Miso soup (not from Japan) has shown very positive results for sufferers of the atomic bomb rad exposure.
8. Don't eat anything out of the oceans, including seaweeds. Pacific and Atlantic. Between Fuku and BP the ocean is a mess.
9. Don't each anything from Japan, including tea and rice.
10. Don't eat anything that appears 'mutated' (many fruits and veggies are turning up with weird growths and strange shapes).
11. Avoid any exposure to snow, especially at high altitudes.
12. Avoid flying as much as possible (contaminated air column). If you do step up your mitigation and immune support habits for 4 - 6 weeks afterwards.

The extent that you do any or all of these things will depend on the rad levels in your area that you can measure with a GC, however many foods travel long distances and most GC can't measure rads in food.

There are a ton of other steps you can take and folks here and elsewhere may have other suggestions also.

Good luck.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

You just seriously bummed me out Wert, because now I can't drink Coors beer. Brewed from the mountain water from high altitude snow melt.

Well crap.

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I know this is off-topic, but it is kind-of Fukushima-related.

It seems that it is not just the Japanese who are sticking their heads in the sand over their nuclear escapes.
The USA at Hanford is another area where they are just not admitting to the seriousness of all these nuclear leaks.

This article is very SCARY too.
Hanford Nuclear Waste Tanks Could Explode, Agency Warns

Really you know, there is plenty of experience at dealing with nuclear waste. This experience is gained at least since 1944 when Hanford, this Richland site, was built to house the very highly dangerous radioactive waste (not the lower radioactive waste) produced by the USA. And.. now Yucca mountain has been stopped too, I guess it is time to stop producing nuclear waste perhaps?

The point here is that if this facility is leaking now after only approx 70 years - and it was designed to do this job of storing waste safely - what hope have we got for storing the radioactive waste for hundreds or thousands of years (let alone tens or hundreds of thousands of years)

This indicates that concrete is just not a good enough material to hold this kind of radioactive material and something else is needed, some other material which is long-term resistant to nuclear radiation.

How many nuclear contaminated areas and disasters have been covered over with concrete which is even now starting to fall apart and contaminate the environment and poison us all?

posted on May, 3 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

I agree, Q. They would have to invent something to seal it up in for 20,000 years. I say we seal it up in Freedom Of Information Act documents

U.G. It would be a great idea!
More black stuff in the rain in southern Brazil.
edit on 3-5-2013 by Aircooled because: Forgot a couple of things.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Aw, sorry Mat. Ya, I would suspect that they probably don't test their beer for rads or if they did let alone let anyone know, but it might be something you could write them about. You can make your own beer however! Most homemade ones I've had are crap but occasionally someone will make a pretty decent one.

new topics
top topics

<< 1373  1374  1375    1377  1378  1379 >>

join