Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1372
<< 1369  1370  1371    1373  1374  1375 >>

join

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I think most people believed the media in the months after Fukushima that all was fine.

Not if they followed ATS they didn't. The people who have started and contributed to this thread have been exposing the lies almost since day one of the Fukushima disaster. The whole mess has been nothing but one lie after another and every one of them has been debunked right here.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

In light of the massive DDos attack on ATS yesterday. I hope someone from this thread has done a back-up of this Monster thread. I know we discussed it around page 300...but, that was a long time ago.

The research and data in this one thread...no, more than a thread. A History since day one of this horrible fiasco, would be a massive loss.

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Ok, I was wondering what happened yesterday and today, with ATS? This is the first time I've been able to get back in. DDOS?..... Dirty Department Of Silencing?
Hi Des!!! Great to see ya! You know where the fridge is.
I had no idea Z might be ill.
Great link Aunt B!! Something in the MSM about fuk? I almost fell off my chair!

Hitachi City. 55 miles south of fuk " Radioactive man’s body still 300% over background levels"

enenews.com... g-diarrhea

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I still haven't seen a single document stating that power was restored to the big comon spent fuel pool {6375 fuel assemblies with about 66 fuel rods each}. Not a word. Oversight by tepco?
Purple, have you seen anything in tepco hand outs?

Well my bud in Brazil is getting more hot black rain.
Yesterday

Today.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Big Jump in Air Rads Detected

See last graph:

Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 1-4 Sea Side Results of Dust Nuclides Analysis (Bq/cm 3 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

Reason for full face mask alarm?

- At 3:55 PM on April 3, an alarm indicating high-high radiation dose went off at the continuous dust monitor installed at the main gate. Due to this, an instruction has been given to put on full-face mask in the power station site. As a result of sampling of dust in the air, the radioactivity density was confirmed to be less than the detection limit (5.4×10-6 Bq/cm3). Since no problem was found with the dust sampling analysis result and the reading of the continuous dust monitor which has been replaced, the alarm going off was determined to be due to the continuous dust monitor failure. As a result of radioactivity density analysis of the continuous dust monitor filter paper, no significant nuclide was detected which indicates that radioactive materials had not been collected. Since the reading of the replaced continuous dust monitor was 1.8×10-5 Bq/cm3 which is of no problem, the instruction to put on full-face mask was cancelled at 8:10 PM on the same day. No problem was found with the readings of the continuous dust monitors installed at locations other than the main gate and no significant change was found with the monitoring post readings as well.

www.tepco.co.jp...

"no significant change was found with monitoring post readings"......???

Good to see ya visiting the thread Des! AC - I haven't seen anything on the Common SFP...but I'll rummage. It does look like they have commenced taking fuel out:

ajw.asahi.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 5-4-2013 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Disciplinary Action...Execs Get One Month Pay Cut

Delayed reports and public announcements as well as the long hours spent on restoration in response to the power supply failure of Units 1-4 at Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station that occurred on March 18th, 2013 has caused tremendous inconvenience and anxiety to the people of Fukushima and broader society. Effective today, a decision has been made to implement the following disciplinary actions.

President Naomi Hirose: 5% salary cut for a one month period
Executive Vice President Zengo Aizawa: 5% salary cut for a one month period
Managing Executive Officer Akio Komori: 5% salary cut for a one month period

In addition to the above action, a severe warning will be issued to four other employees.

www.tepco.co.jp...

The poor bastards....

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Purplechive

The poor bastards....

That is as perfect an example as I have ever seen to illustrate the need for a sarcasm font.

They should have received a 90% cut for the entire year plus, the full time they have spent telling lies and covering each others butts.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
reply to post by Purplechive

The poor bastards....

That is as perfect an example as I have ever seen to illustrate the need for a sarcasm font.

They should have received a 90% cut for the entire year plus, the full time they have spent telling lies and covering each others butts.

Not a dry eye in the house! I think I hear violins? {How about a sarcasm icon with a fiddle?}
The guys are really going to have to cut back on hookers and coke at the next junket!

ABC NEWS San Diego picked it up :In a study of states in the West Coast and in the Pacific, infants born soon after the nuclear disaster were 28 percent more likely to develop congenital hypothyroidism, which can lead to stunted growth.
In California, that number jumped to 39 percent.

www.10news.com...

And Ratzilla has been busy again at the #3 fuel pool.
"Rat Chase Again Bedevils Fukushima"
enenews.com...
"(UPDATE 4) Cooling of the Reactor 3 SFP resumed at 5:20PM (TEPCO's press conference)."
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

Well, he's way off when it comes to south America.
He only mentions certain isotopes, and I'm pretty sure he's paid by by the nuke gang. Even so he admits more than I would have expected so it must be even worse.

ams.confex.com...

New gumball machine geigers show radiation dropping, the more it goes up!
"Even the Fukushima local residents thought the numbers were suspicious. It turns out that the fixed monitoring posts were installed at locations that had been just "decontaminated", and the measuring unit was changed from sievert to gray."
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

Their new tanks seem to be leaking.
enenews.com...
fukushima-diary.com... ource=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Well now I've heard everything!
The MSM complaining that the MSM doesn't report enough.

Oh well, at least it's something.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Our bud Kevin Kamps.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Pic of Dust Monitors

This is kinda ridiculous...grey duct tape vs. green...and what the hell do they do when the new monitor lights up yellow?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Beneath the image we see...

The photo has been partially modified for the purpose of security
Thats ridiculous !

What could that image show us which is sensive security-restricted material, apart from the face of the man in the background?

TEPCO you are now just being paranoid.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i start a thread about the owner of VICE magazine stating that he was there and the reactor is melting into the ground and they dont know what to do..

Fukushima Thread...

Please debunk.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
If the dumb parents would pull their kids out of school, this couldn't happen.
Shizuoka prefecture to quit radiation monitoring of school lunch in 3 cities
fukushima-diary.com...

A big thumbs up for potrblog.
"We are now running OUTDOOR AND INDOOR "pancake" Geiger Counters
Both units are measuring ambient ALPHA, BETA, & GAMMA radiation"
pissinontheroses.blogspot.com.br...

Do you think we'll ever see the results, or will this be like those "sniffing planes" we never heard from?
“Radiation epidemic” killing So. California sea lions? Gov’t experts now checking animals for contamination from Fukushima Daiichi"
enenews.com... aiichi

Ok some deceptive releases from Tepco {What else is new?}
"Water Leak from the Underground Reservoir No.2 in Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station"

So this is one of those new inground pools for just "hot" water, they dug.

We are transferring the water from the reservoir No. 1 to No.2 using the pump and the four temporary pumps. To switch the pump to the reservoir No.6, we will stop the pump temporarily. We continue transferring the water using the temporary pumps to the reservoir No.1.
www.tepco.co.jp...
And later in the day....
"To switch the pump to the reservoir No.6, we stopped the pump at 3:33 pm. At 4:10 pm, we restarted the pump and transferring the water in the reservoir No.2 to No.6.
At 4:30 pm, we conducted an on-site survey and confirmed that there is no abnormality such as leakage on the transferring line."
www.tepco.co.jp...
Great so the lines aren't leaking. The pool is right? Otherwise, why are they draining it?
Also, with all above ground tanks full, and this inground pool leaking, where is all the water they are pumping now going?
Straight out to sea?
Some explaining from our bud EX-SKF

"And there is a possibility that instead of 710 billion becquerels of all beta in the water there may be 35 trillion becquerels of all beta."
"At least I sort of figured out the last question. The in-the-ground storage, where the leakage occurred, was not supposed to be used for storing the waste water after the Reverse Osmosis (desalination) treatment with high salt content and high beta nuclides. But the multi-nuclide removal system ALPS couldn't start as planned (September last year; TEPCO is now doing the hot trial run), the water treated by SARRY or Kurion's system (cesium removal) had to be stored somewhere to wait for the treatment by ALPS. So, this water is stored in the tanks made for the post-RO waste water. So, for the post-RO waste water, they started to use in-the-ground storage (there are 7 of them) in early February this year, which was originally meant for post-ALPS treatment water."
"TEPCO dug up {7} locations in the Fukushima I Nuke Plant compound to create in-the-ground water storage, and has started to use them on February 1, 2013. Total capacity of these 7 storage locations is 58,000 cubic meters (tonnes)."
"There is also confusing information as to how full these in-the-ground storage locations already are.

BUT WAIT, THAT MAY BE MUCH, MUCH MORE BECQUERELS.

Why? Because the number TEPCO used to calculate the amount of radioactive materials in the leaked water was from the water taken from the leak detection hole in the bottom protection layer, and NOT the waste water in the storage."
"So, how many becquerels of all beta does the waste water in the storage have?

Asahi Shinbun article which I consulted did say "290,000 Bq/cm3 strontium" in the water in the storage, and that's the number reported by TEPCO on March 6, 2013 as the amount of all beta in the waste water after the Reverse Osmosis treatment. Again, that is the waste water being stored in the holes in the ground with several layers of sheets...
Using that number, 290,000 Bq/cm3, instead of 5,838 Bq/cm3, there could be nearly 35 trillion becquerels of all beta in 120 tonnes of the leaked waste water.

In the press conference on April 6, TEPCO didn't disclose the radioactivity of the stored waste water, and none of the reporters at the press conference seems to have asked about it.

I'll bet it froze and broke.
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

"Ohi nuclear plant restarted. -Let’s make our new Japan"
And the cops are attacking protesters {of course}
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Good grief Charley Brown, when we think it couldn't get any worse, it does. I can see this continuing to get worse until the whole northern hemisphere is uninhabitable. And the idiots will continue covering their butts every radioactive step of the way to the mass graves; that is if there is anyone left to bury the bodies!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I stand corrected. Highly radiated salt water would need much colder temps to freeze, so the chances are better that the 58,000 tonnes of weight {each pool} more likely compacted the soil unevenly and caused the crack/leak that way.

This test is on air, cesium only.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Big Jump in Air Rads Detected

See last graph:

Fukushima Daiichi NPS Unit 1-4 Sea Side Results of Dust Nuclides Analysis (Bq/cm 3 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

This high of a level wasn't even detected in 2012:
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Now it seems #3 swiming pool {58,000 tonnes waste water storage} is leaking as well, but they say it's only a pop bottle full, so they have no plans to drain it until it gets worse. Maybe just slap some of that spiffy new new green duct tape on it?
"Tepco finds second pit leaking in Fukushima"

www.japantimes.co.jp...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I live in California....looking at other sites and ATS, i'm getting the feeling that i'm in deep s**t. ....i'm 60, but my son and his long time girlfriend live in the SF bay area, and neither have had children yet...I guess I should have a talk with him. I wonder how this is going to affect their child-bearing viablility if they choose to marry and have kids.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm also concerned about the seafood we here in America are being sold every day. salmon and other species are caught off the west coast of America and south America. obviously seafood fish do not swim in one tiny area of the ocean. and how about shell fish...those crabfeeds people have for charities and fundraisers might contain high levels of nuclear contamination....why isn't anyone doing studies on the seafood industry in America??...I guess they are too busy talking about abortion, taxes, deficit, and Washington politics to concern themselves with nuclear produced generational abnormalities

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Welcome Jimmy. I'm pretty sure everyone on this thread gave up on seafood long ago. The only fish we would eat comes out of a near-by lake, here in Ont. I take my geiger grocery shopping, but it's not a lab. It will only tell me when food is above background. The problem with US produce is it doesn't say which state it comes from? Just product of USA. So far I've caught hot US red potatoes, California pistashios, and US spinnach.

Ratzilla is eating pools! Well we knew about this inground storage pool. It's the one behind {west of} the FBB. I'd like to know where the other 5 pools are? That might be another one south of the FBB?
Pic April 7th 013 it says

TEPCO has set up facilities that can together store 325,000 tons of contaminated water at the plant, including 58,000 tons at the seven underground tanks. The tanks are lined with three layers of water-shielding sheets: two sheets of polyethylene and the outer sheet of clay.{Plastic tarps over a ditch}
ajw.asahi.com...
I'm guessing it's so hot inside R #2 they have to go in through the roof, hence the elevator/man lift?

This might be an interesting site? I think it's about 20 clams a year to join.
www.netc.com...

My FB friend and I have started putting up a blog showing all our rad checks of air and rain from our little FB group. No easy task when we're both older and have limited computer skills, but it's up and running and we'll add whatever we can in the way of keeping an eye on fallout world wide. Way too few folks with geigers still, but it's better than what our governments give us.
savingyourradread.blogspot.ca...

new topics
top topics

<< 1369  1370  1371    1373  1374  1375 >>

join