Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1355
<< 1352  1353  1354    1356  1357  1358 >>

join

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I got the impression that Arnie was saying, the tents would somehow lessen the release.

Some more stuff on fukushima Daini, for you happycat.
agreenroad.blogspot.ca...#!/2012/03/14-nuclear-reactors-at-4-japan-sites.html

Japan's brainchild:.... I know, lets invent a bigger threat {North Korea}, then draft the victims/refugees/protestors to work/die at the blown nuke plant/plants!

Japanese journalist Akihiro Ohtani comments if Japan has military, Japanese government would start conscription for sure.
fukushima-diary.com...
No law suits, complaints or compensation to pay.

In article 1, they defined the sovereignty to belong to the emperor though it contradicts the preamble to state the sovereignty of the people.
fukushima-diary.com...
Ok, I'm leaping... maybe.

The {Cesium only} brainwashing by Tepco, media and lets not forget teachers, is not working on one of these kids at school.
It’s not only cesium, there are many other kinds of the nuclides but they don’t analyze it. We should suspect anything can be contaminated, whatever it is.
fukushima-diary.com... o-die/

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Yes, the covers or tents will contain the radiation release until the air can be scrubbed of radioactive particles and then released to the outside atmosphere. But, considering the misinformation and downright lies coming from TEPCO so far I won't hold my breath waiting for a clean bill of health from even the smallest part of this reacharound. If they expose the rods to air and they start to burn all the tents in the world won't help. Even a lesser degree of damage to the rods where they fall apart when TEPCO attempts the extraction of them from damaged racks will, IMHO, be more than their tents can handle.

ETA - I just watched the video in the first of your links and I am appalled at the condition of the reactors in both locations. TEPCO and the Japanese government keep assuring everybody that they have it all under control and then new info comes out to show that to be a bald faced lie.

All Japan needs is another major earthquake and it won't matter how far they got cleaning up the damaged reactors. If even half of the fuel rods, both spent and in use, catch fire and release all their radiation Japan will cease to exist because nobody will be able to live there. Then the consequences will spread to the rest of the world and radiation related diseases and birth defects will skyrocket.

Considering how seismically active Japan is and how little has been accomplished cleaning up the reactors and fuel pools I find myself being very concerned for the future of the planet.
edit on 11-12-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Really Chillen Down SFP Water Temps

Cold weather and the refrigeration system:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Glad that was just snow on the lens...several heart palpitations...

Great info and commentary folks!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hmmm Knuck off topic? I can't imagine that?

Ok back to the vid being clouded with snow and frost. Dec 9th. Remember I said the last 30 seconds were the most revealing? I went and pulled out the next hour. {Short version} Snow is gone, lense is clear. R#1 is not only a steam globe, it seems to strobe. At the 1:30 mark we also have some flashing at #3. At the 2 minute mark we have some flashing at #4.

I found the strobbing steamium at #1 to be really strange, so I pulled out the long version of the same hour. Still strobbing but not as pronounced as in the shorter vid. Still there is no way this is a frosty lense or snow. The flashes at #3 start around the 15 minute mark, and the ones at the #4 reactor run from about the 20 - 24 minute mark. These have shades of red, orange and white and look very close to the fuel pool.

And today we get this news.

Murata ex JP ambassador, “Coolant system of reactor4 was broken 12/8~12/11, concrete base is terribly deteriorating.”
Nuclear workers were collected for emergency to replace the pump but it takes more 2~3 days to fix they say. (Extra workers were brought by helicopter even at night.)
“My fear has come into the truth. If it was merely the problem of the pump, it wouldn’t be such an issue but if the base to support SFP4 has some damage where we can’t see, the situation is much more serious.”
fukushima-diary.com... ng/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

“It’s Complicated”: Japan aftershock upgraded to M7.4 — Gov’t now says it was 2 quakes at same time
enenews.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Good grief man, what next? Just how much worse will it get before TEPCO and the government come clean and tell the truth. And just what is the truth? How were they cooling the SFP during the pump failure, or were they?

I know that concrete is a hydrated compound and enough heat will cause the water that is in the concrete as a chemically bound hydrate will turn back to water at a high enough temperature to cause a steam steam explosion that will damage the concrete. If the spent fuel gets hot enough to do that it's game over. Unlike the actual reactors which are steel tanks, the SFP's are just reinforced concrete.

You see, the real danger is not that the fuel will melt down in the concrete fuel pools. The real danger is that in melting down it will cause the concrete to explode from the water in it returning to a liquid at temperatures high enough to cause it to instantly and violently flash to steam thus sending burning fuel spraying into the air like a volcanic eruption. No amount of containment will protect the global environment if that happens.

Now I wonder, is that one of the things TEPCO and the government are hiding from the public? I think the whole lying bunch of them are praying to whatever Gods they worship for a miracle to come along to save their a$$et$. And they don't have a clue as to what that miracle could be so they can help it happen.
edit on 11-12-2012 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Disaster-Ravaged Japan to Scrap Nuclear Plant Over Seismic Fault - Active Line Runs Under Nuclear Plant West of Tokyo!

SOURCE

December 11, 2012 - JAPAN - All five experts tasked by the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) with investigating the tectonic situation underneath Tsuruga plant in Fukui prefecture said it showed signs of geologically recent movement. Under government guidelines atomic installations cannot be sited on a fault—the meeting place of two or more of the plates that make up the earth's crust—if it is still classed as active.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The highly political mayor of Iitate-mura says he will declare that the residents of this highly contaminated village return to the village in the fall of 2014. At the latest, by the spring of 2015.
The national government will be delighted, as that will mean the end of paying the compensations to the villagers.
a "temporary" storage area for the highly contaminated soil removed from farmland. Where is it? Right above the reservoir that feeds water to farmland.
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

On that EQ fault at Tsuruga. They might only be "worried" about one, but they seem to have more.

ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

I'm not sure if this is new or worse but the R #3 stack seems to have a south-east lean.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
In the youtube video above of the 'steam' around #1

I think we have to try to favour the rational explanation first and then suspect the other explanation afterwards. So, in my tiny mind, I was thinking that this pulsing could be water drops on the lens being blown by the wind (although this would have evaporated the water over time perhaps) If this is what it is, then there is another droplet at the top left of the screen. Just a possibility perhaps?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Unit 4: Skimmer Surge Tank Level

Down pretty low again...

24.27×100mm (as of 11:00 , 12/12 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Unit 2: RPV Temp Taking a Dive

Rather steep drop in short period. Not that this is a bad thing...just prefer to see steady, gradual...

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Unit 2 New Videos

Lots of "sparkies"...

photo.tepco.co.jp...

ajw.asahi.com...

- Purple Chive
edit on 12-12-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Great Plumbing Work!!!

And why would this be leaking?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39

4 - This interview mentions another TEPCO power station with a similar sounding name not too far from the Fukushima site. Apparently at least one reactor suffered a loss of power to the cooling system for a short time. Now after the 7.3 quake there was a rise in reactor vessel pressure. Did that loss of cooling cause some damage to anything at the other plant and if so why the heck are they still operating it????

So many questions, so few answers. It looks like a coin toss as to whether or not there is a mega disaster still in the works from Fukushima.

Fukushima Daini (2.) ten miles south has four reactors. At leas one "blew" up one way or another. remember the famous pcb (printed circuit board) that 'burned'? Folks say that sky was blk... They have managed to hide the facts.

I have some bits of this issue documented, see linky.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Unit 2 Hydrogen Level...

Before the EQ it had been holding around 5%:....last couple of days doubled:

System A:0.11vol% System B:0.11vol% (as of 11:00 , 12/13 )

System A:0.07vol% System B:0.07vol% (as of 11:00 , 12/12 )

System A:0.04vol% System B:0.04vol% (as of 11:00 , 12/10 )

System A:-vol% System B:0.06vol% (as of 11:00 , 12/7 )

System A:-vol% System B:0.05vol% (as of 11:00 , 12/6 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Unit 4: Skimmer Surge Tank Level

Down pretty low again...

24.27×100mm (as of 11:00 , 12/12 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

Filled back up again...

43.50×100mm (as of 11:00 , 12/13 )

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kauk0partiomies

Originally posted by happykat39

4 - This interview mentions another TEPCO power station with a similar sounding name not too far from the Fukushima site. Apparently at least one reactor suffered a loss of power to the cooling system for a short time. Now after the 7.3 quake there was a rise in reactor vessel pressure. Did that loss of cooling cause some damage to anything at the other plant and if so why the heck are they still operating it????

So many questions, so few answers. It looks like a coin toss as to whether or not there is a mega disaster still in the works from Fukushima.

Fukushima Daini (2.) ten miles south has four reactors. At leas one "blew" up one way or another. remember the famous pcb (printed circuit board) that 'burned'? Folks say that sky was blk... They have managed to hide the facts.

I have some bits of this issue documented, see linky.

You referred to a link in your post but I didn't see one. Were you referring to a link in a different post or did you forget to include it in your post.

I also sent you a U2U message. I am very interested in seeing the info you have documented.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Hmmm Knuck off topic? I can't imagine that?

Ok back to the vid being clouded with snow and frost. Dec 9th. Remember I said the last 30 seconds were the most revealing? I went and pulled out the next hour. {Short version} Snow is gone, lense is clear. R#1 is not only a steam globe, it seems to strobe. At the 1:30 mark we also have some flashing at #3. At the 2 minute mark we have some flashing at #4.

I found the strobbing steamium at #1 to be really strange, so I pulled out the long version of the same hour. Still strobbing but not as pronounced as in the shorter vid. Still there is no way this is a frosty lense or snow. The flashes at #3 start around the 15 minute mark, and the ones at the #4 reactor run from about the 20 - 24 minute mark. These have shades of red, orange and white and look very close to the fuel pool.

And today we get this news.

Murata ex JP ambassador, “Coolant system of reactor4 was broken 12/8~12/11, concrete base is terribly deteriorating.”
Nuclear workers were collected for emergency to replace the pump but it takes more 2~3 days to fix they say. (Extra workers were brought by helicopter even at night.)
“My fear has come into the truth. If it was merely the problem of the pump, it wouldn’t be such an issue but if the base to support SFP4 has some damage where we can’t see, the situation is much more serious.”
fukushima-diary.com... ng/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+FukushimaDiary+%28Fukushima+Diary%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

“It’s Complicated”: Japan aftershock upgraded to M7.4 — Gov’t now says it was 2 quakes at same time
enenews.com...

I just revisited the Enews link in your post and found some more disturbing information in the comments below the article that I had missed before.

SOURCE - Look in comments below main article

AGreenRoad March 7, 2012 at 11:48 am Log in to Reply

NO ONE knows about this, except a few people reading this blog, and by extension those who hear about it from us.

This is the FIRST TIME I have heard for sure, that there are problems at MANY nuclear power plants all across Japan. There were some reports about Daini at the beginning, but those quickly disappeared. Everything was covered up and buried after that.

This is the biggest coverup since Watergate, in my opinion. Why? If people KNEW how HUGE and disastrous this was and how close we came to wiping all life off the planet, they would shut off all nuclear power plants on the planet, IMMEDIATELY.

And that is what they are so desperately afraid of… They would rather cause the extinction of the human race, than admit they are WRONG, and then lose their jobs, careers and whole livelihood. Guess what? YOUR KIDS are going to die, just like mine are, so make your choice and then live with the consequences.

Denial is NOT a river in Egypt. We were supposed to learn a lesson here.. If we do not learn it here, this is what is coming next. It will not be pretty.

Super Solar Storm Predicted To Hit 2013; Carrington Effect, Year Long Power Blackouts; via A Green Road Blog Agreenroad blog entry about possible Carrington effect solar storm

I thought it couldn't get any scarier than it already was, until I revisited the enews link and read the comments. Is it possible for it to get any worse than this????? Be sure to also follow the link at the bottom of the off site content quote too.
edit on 13-12-2012 by happykat39 because: clarified a point

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39....

You referred to a link in your post but I didn't see one. Were you referring to a link in a different post or did you forget to include it in your post.

I also sent you a U2U message. I am very interested in seeing the info you have documented.

This forum behaves funny. Or maybe as intended? I can see "my signature" clearly - only when I am logged in. That signature contains the linky... wp.me...

Hope it is now available. There are few news bits on the issue. Dunno if the linkys work anymore.

Here the hideous way to censor all photos - xcept via one "trusted" server - is also suspicious.

At the moment, one click opens new pop-ups... who is behind this forum? Weird. Take care.

When I try to mail back, its denied. Whata je su it al FOR UM!

Parse the spaces out from the address.

h t t p : / / p r e p a r a t o r . w o r d p r e s s . c o m /2011/05/02/japan-tsunami-reactor-gallery/
edit on 13-12-2012 by Kauk0partiomies because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
My buddy in Brazil skimmed the black crap off the top of a puddle at his down spout, then put both his geigers {one at a time} on the paper towel sample, to show the calibration is about even. Looks like about 40 X background.

I guess nobody will tell us what caused this? The fact that they imply it could be natural speaks volumes to me about the sincerity of the scientists.
Dozen miles of dead squid wash ashore in California — Researchers have no idea why?
enenews.com...
www.ksdk.com...

new topics
top topics

<< 1352  1353  1354    1356  1357  1358 >>

join