It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1328.htm
<< 1325  1326  1327    1329  1330  1331 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

In which case why show the photo at all eh? Like you say..."yanking our chain". Good one guys, haha, you have your little mystery ... Ya. It just doesn't work does it? They are hiding something and too arrogant to even bother photoshopping it properly.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I sent the photo to Enenews because they have a big following and Arnie also frequents the site and hoping for insight by some other folks (not that you folks here don't totally rock!!!) just some more eyeballs and possibilities would be welcomed.

enenews.com...

Don't think it would be particularly "smart" practice of TEPCO to pull our chain - with our trust level already down to zero. Now us folks have to be even more diligent when viewing photos to see if they have been manipulated.

Would be great if NISA, METI or NAIIC got on TEPCO's ass about the photo.

Anyhow....

Glad to be able to report that whatever TEPCO "fixed", temps for Units 1, 2 and 3 are finally coming down after gradually going up for a month.

www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...
www.tepco.co.jp...

www.tepco.co.jp...

Still think it got screwed up somehow when they put in the refrigeration system.

- Purple Chive

edit on 2-9-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I think we could find out if it has been raised by finding a known dimension - such as the distance between the concrete "window frames" above. This may give us a way to measure how far it is from the start of the open panel "window frames" to the (new) base of the building/metal sheets on the ground. Then we could use the same measurements perhaps on another old picture? Dont know if the perspective of the photo would mess this method up - probably would.

For another way, I was looking in old photos of the same area for a point of reference on that wall of R4 to see if we can see a change. What we need is an old photo and a new photo of the same area after they have raised the floor.

If we can prove it, they are stuffed...

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The fact that they did this [and got busted but good by our Purple] will go miles in discrediting not only tepco, but govenment as well. You''ve pulled their pants down and I'm beaming!

Ok, our west wall truck bay looks like it is about 18 ft tall [Give or take]. A little more than twice the height of the truck cab at the entrance. If that blown out concrete was still hanging down we would have a great reference point. The building attached to the north end, behind the truck bay is roughly twice as tall.

From last Sept. You can see the opening to the right of the red crane. I would guess it's a little less than half covered.

Over-head view from the early days.

...And another shot of 4 from the same hill top. You can just see the top of the truck bay on the right.

Finally a zoom on the "patch"

Q, this is the best I could dig up on this entrance.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

What would be in this entrance that they seem to be using and wanting to cover?The thought of covering it after the photo was taken seems to be an afterthought, and a shoddy one. What would be worth covering instead of hanging a tarp across/etc. Hmm. Interesting. Perhaps equipment or personnel in the image they decided to block from view after the photo was taken, but again, why release the photo at all if not for an arrogant belief that if the photoshopping was discovered it be of no consequence. However, as PC has demonstrated, it is proof of TEPCO witholding information is a duplicitous manner. It is possible whoever is behind this decision has a contempt and disregard anyone viewing this image, or a wish to divert some of our energy trying to unravel a mystery that is ultimately unknowable.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

remember our poolium naming contest a good while ago? there were clearly visible corium/poolium 'exit' points and damage in the early days ...surely the inside of the building would evince some evidence of that . especially in the really oddly blown out truck bay that SF and I were VERY CAREFULLY examining due to the odd nature of it's destruction ( all billowed out concrete even though it had a flimsy thin metal door that should have acted like a pressure relief and not blown re-bar re-enforce concrete out ) . so...

...perhaps...

corium/poolium related deposits or damage.

a bad corel 8 paint brushing would seem to be less damning in Tepco's eyes than exposing evidence that would FINALLY address all the questions about 4's problems ab initiato
edit on 2-9-2012 by Silverlok because: one smile one frown ...that's the rule

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
So,hey,how is it going?
Been awhile since I have been here.
Sorry.

So,in condensed update,are we doomed,or not?

Doomed is an odd concept. One man's doom is another man's opportunity in today's world ...right?

a year and more of radioactive core and waste release is probably not...what is the opposite of doom, er...prosperity for most of us...

but... to answer the question , remember that though uranium metal is heavy. Uranium oxide is considered a 'light' material

Uranium Oxide. The most common forms of uranium oxide are U3O8 and UO2. Both oxide forms are solids that have a low solubility in water and are relatively stable over a wide range of environmental conditions.

...stable over a wide range of environmental conditions...
an odd expression : stable .. in this instance wiki is misleading as it is chemically stable ( meaning long lasting ) but physically unstable ( meaning HIGHLY radioactive)

Uranium Hexafluoride. UF6 is the chemical form of uranium that is used during the uranium enrichment process. Within a reasonable range of temperature and pressure, it can be a solid, liquid, or gas. Solid UF6 is a white, dense, crystalline material that resembles rock salt. UF6 does not react with oxygen, nitrogen, carbon dioxide, or dry air, but it does react with water or water vapor (including humidity in the air). When UF6 comes into contact with water, such as water vapor in the air, the UF6 and water react, forming corrosive hydrogen fluoride (HF) and a uranium-fluoride compound called uranyl fluoride (UO2F2). For this reason, Depleted Uranium Hexafluoride ...Insoluble UF6 is always handled in leak-tight containers and processing equipment. Although very convenient for processing, UF6 is not considered a preferred form for long-term storage or disposal because of its relative instability.

"...A GAS..."since we have had recurrent 'high' temps at various sites on Fuku It would seem reasonable that we had plenty of "gas" escaping

Uranium Tetrafluoride. UF4 is often called green salt because of its characteristic color. It is generally an intermediate in the conversion of UF6 to U3O8, UO2, or uranium metal because it can be readily converted to any of these forms. UF4 is a solid composed of agglomerating particles with a texture similar to baking soda.

so imagine a giant radioactive fabreeze dispenser running non-stop for almost a year and a half...may not be doom , but then again earth was never quite as cool as mars in the imagination.anyway

...and there is the whole thing with the media reporting every state having bird flu...could be the normal news creating drama or ( based on the seriously odd " ...one case per state..." ) an indication that we have radiation induced weaken immune response ( or disease mutation ) in the entire u.s.

any way one shakes it ...as Roland says, " the world has moved on " , we live in a brave new world for at least the next couple of decades

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

It looks like the photo has also been through 'smoothing' for noise reduction ....I could be wrong but the nature of the over all pixelation sure looks like processing or compression "blur"....

I wonder if we have a high radiation source that had both physical evidence (specific damage grayed out ) and gamma strikes ( blurred out ) .... a mini elephants foot print ?

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I was trying to measure known things, creating a 'yardstick' with the height of the truck bay tunnel in yellow, the height of the truck in blue and the height of the open 'window frame' in purple but then I thought about the white cover-up area instead.

As others have asked....
a) Why would they do that?
b) Why not just not withhold the picture and not post it?
c) Why now, rather than doing cover-ups like this previously.
d) Why make such a bad job of it?

So I thought that maybe 3 possibilities
1) (unlikely) - they are arrogant and think we are stupid and wont notice.
2) (possibly) - they have nothing to lose now, so it does not matter.
3) (likely) - something else. some other reason.

Point 1 can be ruled out. I dont think even Tepco would think that everyone looking at their released picture would not notice this white cover-up, and someone, somewhere would be likely to point it out to the press. Then they would have an awkward time explaining it to the world - which they would have to.

So we have to go with point 2 or 3.

Point 2 is possible. If I speculate for a moment and answer some of the questions a-d above.
answer to a) they have been told they only have to last for another few months and then it wont matter any more.
answer to b), c), & d) It is a f***-you kind of attitude which has not been this prominent up until now.
This is rather scary but it is the only reason I can think of which explains a-d

What other reasons could they have which are better and more likely than my point 2 speculation above ? I really want to find some reason behind this strange action by Tepco.

posted on Sep, 2 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
after re-reading a number of older posts two things have stood the test of time :

one:

it certainly appears that uranium enrichment was part of Tepco's fuku profit structure and ...

two:

irradiation of the environment was NOT accidental ..given the evidence that is being played as innocent incompetence ( still inexcusable )

let's go back to a snip from a Camelot interview in 2008, hit the 1:45 "expendable containers' first then ...he was fed the wrong delivery method but the result was totally accurate...from 2008
skip to 5:23

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
These are actually from the Nov film I tried to share from my Real Player, last week on FB, and once it leaves real player it's black screen and copywrite nonsense. As usual something is blocking the truck bay opening.
Hey, maybe it's as simple as someone moved a crane out of the way at the wrong time, and they do think we're that stupid?

Anyway, I was wondering if I had seen any film inside that opening and this popped into my head. Right after they show this crane they do a quick pan. Then we find ourselves going into the building. Until now I thought that was the truck bay opening we were stepping through. Now I'm not so sure? Shouldn't these interior walls be blown out, if this is just 10 ft or so inside the truck bay opening? Maybe they showed this west side of #4 and then began rolling the camera in an entrance on another side?

A shot from the other side of the blue curtain.

After this the camera cuts again and next we are up on the 5th floor walking north.
I have no idea if we just entered through the truck bay? The film leaves that impression on me, that we did but who knows for sure the way they cut and splice?

I found this article very confusing..
Should there be a new earthquake in the region, you could have a dramatic situation once again. You could have new cracks, water entering into reactor core, you could maybe have a nuclear chain reaction starting in the fuel, which means you could have a lot of radioactivity released again.
enenews.com... ator-nuclear-reactor-will-start-again-video
So does that mean that no water is being dumped on the cores to cool them? Why would they be worried about more water pouring in, unless they want to keep the cores hot and dry and burrowing down to avoid a hydro-volcanic explosion and lots of steam releases? That would mean that all these 1000's of tons of water they use is just for the fuel pools.
So question 1. Are they watering the cores?
2, if so, wouldn't the extra water seeping in assist them in cooling the cores?

A friend sent me this Arnie interview thinking it was new, not realizing it was from last August. I'm always interested in giving film another spin because there are always things I didn't catch the first time around. This time was no exception.
I completely missed the part from 1:30 to 2:30 where Arnie says that at some point in early April 011, fuk was putting 400 Billion neutrons per cubic meter. If you missed it too, here you go.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The bulls start shoving folks around at a town meeting in Osaka over burning rubble.
enenews.com... g-questions-video-photos
ex-skf.blogspot.ca...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Spiffing Up Fuku Daini

photo.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
From comments section on Enenews "Anne" found some more pics of Unit 4:

enenews.com...-284570

I'm wondering if they snuck out some more fuel rods?

- Purple Chive
edit on 3-9-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
16:13 3 September
Radioactive waste disposal site proposed for Tochigi

TOKYO, Sept. 3, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2012/09/180098.html

The Japanese government on Monday proposed a site for the final disposal of highly radioactive waste that has accumulated in Tochigi Prefecture due to the March 2011 nuclear accident in neighboring Fukushima Prefecture.

Vice Environment Minister Katsuhiko Yokomitsu proposed a national forest in the prefecture's Yaita city as the site at a meeting with Tochigi Gov. Tomikazu Fukuda in Utsunomiya.

The governor asked the government to get the local community's acceptance and provide full explanations.

But Yaita Mayor Tadao Endo, who received the proposal from Yokomitsu at a later meeting, said he cannot accept the proposal.

The Environment Ministry plans to hold briefings for local residents over six months from October and transport the waste to the site from around the summer of 2014.

It has estimated that some 4,445 tons of highly radioactive waste, including mud with radioactive cesium content of more than 8,000 becquerels per kilogram, had been designated for disposal in Tochigi Prefecture as of Aug. 3. Such waste is expected to finally total some 9,000 tons in the prefecture.

Among the nine prefectures where such designated radioactive waste has emerged due to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant accident, Tochigi became the first one for which a specific disposal site was proposed.

The government plans that the nine prefectures will each undertake the final disposal of their respective designated radioactive waste.

Miyagi, Ibaraki and Chiba prefectures as well as Tochigi have agreed to create their respective disposal facilities upon receiving approval from relevant local communities.

The ministry plans to propose specific sites for the three prefectures within September.

Copyright 2012 Kyodo News

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I kept going through the pictures for shots of our truck bay opening. Found this little gem from May 26th 012. Have a look at the base of the south wall of # 4......

Purple, I don't ENE so feel free to send this off to them if you think it's important enough. It looks to me like the whole south wall is severed off the foundation. Just free-floating.
Maybe we can rattle tepco's cage a bit more?

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
23:49 3 September
TEPCO sees improvement in water injection into Fukushima reactors

TOKYO, Sept. 3, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2012/09/180184.html

The operator of the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant said Monday it has made progress in alleviating a problem affecting the flow of cooling water into the severely damaged reactors.

Tokyo Electric Power Co. reported late last week that the flow of cooling water into the reactors had declined for unknown reasons, sometimes even to a rate below the minimum needed to keep the melted fuel cool.

But TEPCO spokesman Junichi Matsumoto said Monday that action taken the previous day to deal with the problem appears to be showing "a certain effect."

Suspecting that the pipes leading to the reactors may have become partially clogged with something, workers on Sunday opened wider the valves controlling the flow of water, Matsumoto told a press conference.

The step appeared to work and now TEPCO does not have to adjust the flow of coolant water as frequently, Matsumoto said, adding the utility will keep the valves open wider until it nails down the cause.

The spokesman said the amount of water may have declined because of an accumulation of metallic powder inside the pipes, possibly as a result of the replacement of pipes or other work involving a tank storing the coolant.

The current water injection system was set up after the March 2011 earthquake and tsunami triggered the nuclear accident. The plant's Nos. 1 to 3 reactors suffered meltdowns but the fuel is now believed to be stably cooled.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
23:57 3 September
Gov't estimates energy bills to double in nuclear-free Japan

TOKYO, Sept. 3, Kyodo

english.kyodonews.jp/news/2012/09/180186.html

The government estimates that if Japan has no electricity generated from nuclear power in 2030, household energy bills at that time could be doubled the 2010 level, according to a government document made available Monday.

The estimate was compiled by Economy, Trade and Industry Minister Yukio Edano, after Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda asked for guidance on the challenges the nation could face if the government decided to reduce Japan's dependency on nuclear power to zero following last year's Fukushima nuclear crisis.

According to the government estimate, the average monthly household energy bill could be as high as 32,243 yen in 2030 if Japan withdraws from nuclear power generation by then, compared with 16,900 yen in 2010.

The paper also said if Japan loses cooperation from municipalities in areas hosting facilities for the country's long-standing policy of reprocessing spent nuclear fuel, such as Aomori Prefecture in northern Japan, the nation will have to withdraw from nuclear power "immediately."

The government is considering setting a target to end nuclear power generation eventually under a new energy policy, and is expected to discuss expected effects of abandoning nuclear power when it holds a ministerial meeting Tuesday morning, sources close to the matter said.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
I kept going through the pictures for shots of our truck bay opening. Found this little gem from May 26th 012. Have a look at the base of the south wall of # 4......

Purple, I don't ENE so feel free to send this off to them if you think it's important enough. It looks to me like the whole south wall is severed off the foundation. Just free-floating.
Maybe we can rattle tepco's cage a bit more?

Yuper AC - foundation looks very disturbing. Subsidence. Grab the original TEPCO link, your closeup and send on to Enenews. (Scroll down Enenews main page and can be submitted anonymously).

We've got to keep the pot stirred!!! We can't let it sink into the recesses again like TMI and Chernobyl.

The more information decimated and comprehensible to the masses...just maybe...take down "The Captains and The Kings"!!!

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

- Purple Chive

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wujotvowujotvowujotvo

amount of water may have declined because of an accumulation of metallic powder inside the pipes, possibly as a result of the replacement of pipes or other work involving a tank storing the coolant.

english.kyodonews.jp...

Uhummm....refrigeration course 101?

....After determining that the system is not low on refrigerant, I look for debris in the valve. The only way to know for sure, is to disassemble the valve. Look for a fine white powder. This powder is normally from a deteriorating filter-drier core. The filter-drier must be replaced. I have also found small metal shavings left over from installation. They accumulate and block refrigerant flow.

www.real-world-refrigeration.com...

- Purple Chive

top topics

<< 1325  1326  1327    1329  1330  1331 >>

join