It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1288.htm
<< 1285  1286  1287    1289  1290  1291 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive
reply to post by Aircooled

AC - Thank you!! But can you grab a screen snap right now from live web cam and compare? It looks like the roof part collapsed.

PC, I think youre right. it looks like they have removed the last good roof beam leaving the broken up one as the only one left and the east wall does appear to be slightly leaning in. But we'll have to wait for the daylight views to know for sure.

If they have taken down the last supportive beam, and the roof is shaky, pray no quakes happen between now and fuel removal.
edit on 21-6-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I am so tired of the Japanese governments doublespeak. They are beginning to sound so American that its sickening. The following is from EXSKF.

About the delay in announcing the alarm at the generator cooling system of Reactor 3 at Kepco's Ooi Nuclear Power Plant which is being prepared for the restart, the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency under METI decided on a new rule on June 21 that "if an unexpected alarm sounds, it will be promptly announced regardless of the effect on safety".

"if an unexpected alarm sounds, it will be promptly announced regardless of the effect on safety"

Does anyone have a clue what they mean by this. They are going to notify someone if an alarm goes off, and somehow they are worried this will make things unsafe. These alarms are safety alarms. They exist to make things safe. How does using one make things unsafe.

The Japanese government is acting more and more like Americaca's politicians and bureaucrats. How embarrassing for the people of Japan is that after all that has happened. Disgusting.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Fresh off the cam. I hope it's a company barbeque.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
Fresh off the cam. I hope it's a company barbeque.

www.youtube.com...

Yep, that sure looks like the last connected roof beam has been removed. Houston, we may have a problem.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Not sure if this film of #4 control rod drive ever made it to our thread?

I think that answers the question about the light coming from the bottom of the fuel pool. I had a feeling it was a light descended from above except that in the old vid of the SFP with the light shining up you cant see the line its attached to.

That is R4 control rods, not SFP4. Edit which if it is, proves no fuel was loaded and explosion defiantly was not caused by the reactor, or we couldn't see this image. Likely the rest of the reactors are far too hot or the location where the video was taken does not exist anymore..

Now look at the levels of cesium Bq/Kg in river bottom soil in two primary rivers in the area.

The Abukuma River;

The Agano River, west of the Abukuma River;

Gotta love how they always miss the main path between the plants and Tokyo from any sorts of scrutiny. Like no one notices or asks about it? Of course that's where the plume went on the 14th and 15th for some time. Plenty enough for cancer - the trusty tokyo web counter measured it out of the air, without even using an air filter measurement method.. scary stuff.

Our bud potrblog looks into the crazy high radiation numbers in Indiana, and Michigan on June 7th.
It sounds to me like the radiation funnels from the upper atmosphere, are possible with these downward winds? Could this explain what's happening in Brazil?

Yeup! They're like wormholes of wind, up to 300kmh or so, great for fuel economy in aircraft and spreading Chernobyl particles to Antarctica. And various other particles from other incidents, take your pick: nuke satellite re-entry, nuke ships, nuke subs, nuke plants, nuke labs, nuke experiments, nuke explosions, nuke rocket engines, nuke dumps, nuke processing, nuke mining and general operation of any nuclear plant. List goes on and on. Dirtiest, crappiest industry in the world, bar none.

I think they set the R4 digger on fire, perhaps its a special holiday or something over there?

Like the early days when the photo was from, courtesy usatoday, who kept the article up, unlike the Japanese stations who took them down. They are usually available on archive.org though.

The early days were when gems like this were broadcast;

Update at 8:44 p.m. ET: There's growing concern that the spent fuel rods at the No. 4 reactor at the Daiichi plant could reach "criticality" again and restart a nuclear chain reaction. Tokyo Electric Power Co. now says it might use helicopers to drop boric acid on the exposed fuel rods outside the plant reactor, which was offline before Friday's earthquake and tsunami. During normal operations, boron rods are used to control the nuclear reactions inside a reactor.

''The possibility of recriticality is not zero,'' TEPCO said in announcing steps to counter a possible fall in water levels in the pool storing the rods.

Update at 6:26 p.m. ET: Kyodo News writes that "a worker at the plant saw flames on the fourth floor of the reactor's building, believed to be the same spot where an apparent hydrogen explosion caused a fire Tuesday morning."

content.usatoday.com...
Bold emphasis mine. Which means the pool caught fire already and has been since, explaining the photo showing the pinhole beam of light pointing upwards. Which I don't have a copy of.
Boron can't get into a blob, especially if they were dropping liquid, same problem as Chernobyl. So continued criticality, hence steel shield for workers, plus avoid geometry failures and water loss. Same problems a world over for these death traps.

Been enjoying catching up on the thread a little each night, pat on the back to everyone here on the ATS Fukushima spaceship!
edit on 21/6/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For GR I enlarged and tried to accent the pic a bit.

The glow in the #4 pool from Feb 012. The whole corner of the fuel assemblies, under the glow looks pushed up as well.

42 second mark.

I've used up my limit for this month, but this looks interesting.
Supporters of an amendment quietly slipped into Japan’s nuclear power law saying it should contribute to "national security" are denying it could provide cover for military use of nuclear technology.
ajw.asahi.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This pretty much proves that Japan has followed America's leads and no longer has a democracy, or freedom, or informed consent, or anything else associated with a sane society. I feel sorry for the people who worked their asses off volunteering their time to gather signatures and try and keep hope alive.

Over throw the warlords. In Japan and USA. And throw the bastards in jail.

The Tokyo metropolitan assembly dashed the hopes of 320,000 Tokyoites by rejecting their petition for a referendum on the future of nuclear power plants.

Assembly members voted 2-1 on June 20 to reject a draft ordinance calling for the referendum, which had been forced onto the agenda by the signature petition from the Tokyo public.

The decision, which had been widely expected, is a second major blow for anti-nuclear campaigners following the rejection of a similar petition in March by the Osaka city assembly.

“I feel frustrated and empty,” said Saori Kano, 45, a homemaker from Tokyo’s Setagaya Ward who helped collect signatures in the Tokyo drive. “My goal is to change the nuclear power policies that have been left to the central government to decide.”

Kano said she tried to lobby assembly members in the run-up to the vote but ran into a brick wall.

“Some of the assembly members refused to even meet me,” she said. “The ordinance was rejected too easily.”

And heres another buffoon like Madarame and Hosono and Edano and Obama and Chu and all the rest. Shintaro, showing us how big his thing is.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The glow in the #4 pool from Feb 012. The whole corner of the fuel assemblies, under the glow looks pushed up as well.

Guys. Im pretty sure that that is a light that they dropped down and we just cant see the line to it. The reason I think this is because they were trying to show how dirty the water was when they did this. Maybe not but it appears to be so.

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
AC - You're precious!!

Moch also posted some pics.

fukushima-diary.com...

The grab you got from yesterday morning still shows the beam....this morning the beam is gone. Did anyone see "crane" activity removing the beam?

At 1:32 into Nuckelchen's video...they removed this support beam that appears to be all that's holding it together and intact. Deliberately? Sure as hell hope they know what they're doing....

A close up of activity on 06/17/12:

- Purple Chive

edit on 21-6-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Tepco's tap dancing is getting well known.
Fukushima residents call TEPCO nuke disaster report 'sloppy' and 'false'

mainichi.jp...

In the night of 3/14/2011, underground rumblings were heard in Fukushima plant area, which was caused by melted fuel underground. (He described the sound as “doon doon”.)
fukushima-diary.com...-Oounrqikg.faceboo k

Radiation level in sub-drain of reactor2 increased 10 times after typhoon.
fukushima-diary.com...-PC7WleF24.facebook

And a 5.4 off the coast.
neic.usgs.gov...

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Got to ask the owners of this site as to why this is not up at the top of the page.
Seems to be ignored ,just like what the rest of the world is doing.

Great job of keeping this vigil going!

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I STRONGLY
believe
1. they are suffering from Radiation Sickness,,
how heavy cement fuel pool,, plus 60 ton top,??
unless
2. the top is attached too the top of the Fuel pool.
and the new top is attached too the two cranes.??????
can only be the reason why they did not support , the fuel pool from below,,

Guide,, " the Ceiling is nice and clean "

anyone take an x-ray off the bottom,, that looks nice and clean,,,
the bottom of fuel pool #4

,,gee at least its clean,,

posted on Jun, 21 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The film of the girder being romoved from #4.

Hey K-dog. Good to see ya. Nice shades.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Guys. Im pretty sure that that is a light that they dropped down and we just cant see the line to it. The reason I think this is because they were trying to show how dirty the water was when they did this. Maybe not but it appears to be so.

www.tepco.co.jp...

Tepco says the light for that experiment is on the camera, they dropped white weights to measure transparency.
A light behind the weights, at the bottom of the pool, would contaminate the transparency measurement. The pool appears reasonably dark, so I'd imagine they did this at night to increase accuracy. All in all, the divergence of that light outwards from the top of the fuel rack, proves source is from the bottom of the screen, within the fuel rack.
I can replicate it with a standard light, a cardboard tube and a smoke machine if you wish.

Sort of like this new beast keeping me busy Z

EDit: thanks for the video/screen cap AC. You are a living library of priceless information!

And even if it was the light somehow, it's on the opposite corner to the camera, when it should be coming from the camera. Also note the gamma strikes as they look at darker parts of the pool in the video, quite significant considering they are underwater!
edit on 22/6/12 by GhostR1der because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

i want one

edit on 22-6-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

i want one

My fellow laser lover BobAthome, most of us fiends start with a lower power green/red pointer and learn how to handle them safely first
these sorts of things ain't toys, even smaller pointers. If you do decide to get the bug, flick me a pm an I'll help you on the path to safe laser addiction

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

old cd-roms have adjustable pots as well,, and they would spin,,

no?

lol just a thought.

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Whew...great job Nuckelchen for capture of Unit 4 being dismantled and all of your captures!!! Being on the US East Coast I'm asleep through most of Japan's daylight hours.

I found this Japanese version only, don't know what is the significance of the red box around one of the readings? Z, GR, anyone able to explain?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Homeland Security Today Magazine:In the Shadow of Fukushima
Facing the Fires of a Meltdown

cryptome.org...

The last paragraph:

It is not for firefighters to debate the pros and cons of nuclear power; rather they must plan and train on the appropriate ways to protect nuclear power plants and the lives, property and natural resources near them. Much is to be learned from the Fukushima firefighters. If we fail to analyze their challenges, future consequences may be disastrous.

- Purple Chive
edit on 22-6-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

old cd-roms have adjustable pots as well,, and they would spin,,

no?

lol just a thought.

Yeap! cheapest way to do it
They used motor mirror scanners in the 70s. And use the laser too lol.

Originally posted by Purplechive

Whew...great job Nuckelchen for capture of Unit 4 being dismantled and all of your captures!!! Being on the US East Coast I'm asleep through most of Japan's daylight hours.

I found this Japanese version only, don't know what is the significance of the red box around one of the readings? Z, GR, anyone able to explain?

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

27bq/L of beta particles of some type it seems for the left hand column and 19bq/L for right.
I131 is 9.707bq/L top page.
8.24bq/L for I131 on 2nd page...

Hope this helps. Lots of other isotopes measured for a change too.. sb-125, sr90 etc. Movie time! Be back later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1285  1286  1287    1289  1290  1291 >>

join