Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake

page: 1252
<< 1249  1250  1251    1253  1254  1255 >>

join

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
for public consumption:

stay away from these place's,,
i've not a clue as too where they are located,,ie: close too Tokyo.

UPDATE: Original mystery black substance was never tested — Much more radioactive than official’s black dust — Detector shows 95,880 cpm — Up to 60,000 cpm in beta — New alpha info February 17, 2012
Mystery: Radioactive black substance reported 25km from Fukushima — Latest measurement over 95 µSv/h — Strong alpha emitter detected (PHOTOS) February 12, 2012
Mystery black substance has 1,000,000+ Bq/kg of cesium — Seen all over Minami Soma — Officials meeting to discuss findings February 16, 2012
OPCOM emergency survey of more black dust finds alpha radiation of 45 microSv/h — Measured at public housing project in Minami Soma February 18, 2012
Mystery Continues: Original 295 microSv/h black substance remains untested — Locals getting suspicious? February 19, 2012

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Aircooled
For z, M, and GR.

Thank you, AC. I was just on my way to do a frame by frame to find that shot. Its the fact that things are curved that I don't understand. I saw this in some of the earlier RPV endoscopoe stuff that I thought was water dripping in. Things were slighlty curved there, but way curved here. weird.

Any thoughts anyone?

I have sat here staring at this for 30 minutes trying to figure out what it is.

Stumped.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
for public consumption:

stay away from these place's,,
i've not a clue as too where they are located,,ie: close too Tokyo.

UPDATE: Original mystery black substance was never tested — Much more radioactive than official’s black dust — Detector shows 95,880 cpm — Up to 60,000 cpm in beta — New alpha info February 17, 2012
Mystery: Radioactive black substance reported 25km from Fukushima — Latest measurement over 95 µSv/h — Strong alpha emitter detected (PHOTOS) February 12, 2012
Mystery black substance has 1,000,000+ Bq/kg of cesium — Seen all over Minami Soma — Officials meeting to discuss findings February 16, 2012
OPCOM emergency survey of more black dust finds alpha radiation of 45 microSv/h — Measured at public housing project in Minami Soma February 18, 2012
Mystery Continues: Original 295 microSv/h black substance remains untested — Locals getting suspicious? February 19, 2012

To quote Achmed the Dead Terrorist... HOLY CRAP!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der

For z, M, and GR.

Thank you, AC. I was just on my way to do a frame by frame to find that shot. Its the fact that things are curved that I don't understand. I saw this in some of the earlier RPV endoscopoe stuff that I thought was water dripping in. Things were slighlty curved there, but way curved here. weird.

Any thoughts anyone?

Can't put it down to shutter roll or incredibly excessive fish eye so I'm stumped for now. I'll sleep on it.

Did the barge have a jury rigged cooling system?

See the orange piping connecting everything? Normal barges don't need temporary plastic piping to operate, so it's obviously for the cargo. Looks just like the temporary waste and cooling water pipes on land.
I guess some weapons grade stuff needs cooling eh?

You know, I've been struggling with the entire UC and weapons program, until I saw this pic.

There can't be many explanations for this other than cooling, and now I'm stumped.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well if we're stumped, how about a closer look?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Aircooled

Extra pics and a sleep helped me click.

That's my best bet. All in!

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle
reply to post by GhostR1der

i think so as well. it looks to be rising from ground level which would indicate heat and not fog.

It looks very similar to geothermal vents going off eh!

Great spotting PC with the hydrogen/nitrogen/venting equation. Paints a far more realistic picture: nothing is in control.

Originally posted by matadoor
You know, I've been struggling with the entire UC and weapons program, until I saw this pic.

There can't be many explanations for this other than cooling, and now I'm stumped.

Seen the pic many times but didn't really put two and two together eh, we've seen the same efforts on land so why on earth do they need it on a barge, which leaves far lower in the water than it came? I don't see it getting far in the pacific ocean with such low sides, so that must have been destined for a more local ship or port.
edit on 28/4/12 by GhostR1der because: edit to add more

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

For z, M, and GR.

I'm thinking maybe a thermocouple wire?

reply to post by BobAthome

Have a linkypoo?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't know if you heard already that the People in the Nuclear Tent
in front of the TOKYO-MEXT are in

Hunger-Strike

Japanese Activists Continue Chain Hunger Strike!

A group of Japanese anti-nuclear activists pledged today to continue their chain hunger strike aimed at pressuring their government to quit its plan to restart nuclear reactors.

At a news conference held in the open air at their No-Nuke tent on the side walk facing Japan's Ministry of Industry building in Tokyo, the protestors said they want people in and outside Japan to know about their movement against nuclear power.

"Anyone can join our hunger strike for as long as they can. This is our mission to stop nuclear power generation for future generations, thinking of Chernobyl, Fukushima and Fukui.”

The date was not a coincidence as today, April 26th, is the anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster of twenty six years ago.

The collective chain hunger strike started on April 17 and is scheduled to end on May 5 when Tomari, the final plant out of 54 that is still operating in Japan, will be stopped for maintenance by Hokkaido Electric Power Company (TEPCO). “By then, all the reactors in Japan will be offline, and that historical moment is just around the corner,” the activists said.

www.panorientnews.com...
Not much News here,
but the Mothers are very serious about Food,
some said that they spend 20-50% more Money for Food
because they buy foreign Products from far away,
now i read that many Products are far more contaminated than
Products from Japan!

This is mostly for Fish, Fruits and Vegetables,
the Japanese Meat Products are very expensive
and even i buy Steaks maybe only once in a Year!

Canada for example allowed 1.200 Bq. per Kg.,
is there somebody who are able to confirm this?

Regards
edit on 29-4-2012 by Human0815 because: link
edit on 29-4-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Folks, on assignment, hopefully catch up tomorrow, just a quick post.

From Enformable's article enformable.com...

As of September 2011, Japan claimed approximately 32,000,000 lbs of spent fuel being stored onsite at Japan’s 54 reactors. This doesn't include activation products from zirconium and other metals, or 'low level wastes' like spent coolant or reactor housing and shroud. Nor does it include active fuels not yet spent, which would add another 8,000,000 lbs to the equation.

It is also possible that the estimate of 32,000,000 lbs an underestimate of the total weight of all spent fuel in Japan, as this has been the nuclear industries M.O. from day one, underplay and ignore the full amount of anything.

But using Japan's figure of 32,000,000 lbs, and excluding fresh fuel or activation products, and using the conservative 1.27% estimate for plutonium creation, we have over 400,000 lbs of plutonium already present in the spent fuel in Japan, enough for 100,000 Hiroshima's when incorporating modern bomb techniques.

In America the figure is much higher.

God took the instability of the big bang and created a stable universe. And we came along and took the stability God created and made it once again an unstable universe. How stupid is that.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A great vid shedding some light on rads.

And some fresh readings from England. Again the conversion of CPM to micro-sievets conflicts with official conversion charts, and lands in the neighborhood of 100 CPM = 0.33 - 0.40 microsieverts.If some knows why this discrepency keeps showing up, I'd love to hear it?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I think the point of this is to show the gap and lack of structural support for the reactor well. 10 second mark.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Muttonbirds affected by Fukushima - researcher

www.nzherald.co.nz...

the drop in numbers was the "most unusual event" in 20 years of studies of the birds' numbers. He said many of the birds which arrived back had old feathers on their tails, wings and body. "I've never seen birds in that poor of a condition come back to New Zealand."

We had a large decline in returning muttonbird numbers, first time in 20 years. They go up to around Fukushima and come back down here in New Zealand to lay eggs.

Spoke to someone very knowledgeable about birds and they said there will be a few other species with a similar migration route that we can look at soon too. If the muttonbirds and the other species show elevated radiation levels with declined numbers, the problem will be easier to narrow down.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Thyroid nodules rate in Fukushima is 20 time higher than in Chernobyl

Text

In March, Fukushima government conducted thyroid test for under 18 in 13 cities and towns such as Minamisoma city, Namiemachi, Iidatemura, Tomiokamachi etc..

The result shows thyroid nodules (≦5.0mm) or cyst (≦20.0mm) were seen in 13,460 from 38,114 people (35.3%).

fukushima-diary.com...

Researcher of Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology arrested

Japan Agency for Marine-Earth Science and Technology found out cesium reached 5000m deep in ocean at 2000km away from Fukushima by 4/2011

fukushima-diary.com...

a couple articles from the diary, at least you can find a little humor in the second story with the guy ending up drunk in someone's toilet.

the cesium reaching 5k meters deep and 2k meters from Fuku is quite alarming. just wish they would release the levels they found.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Would be interesting to see what they need for their Breeding,
for Food as well as for their Nest!

Because the Coastline is literally Well-Shaven and no Trees survived on the Coastline!

I am a great Friend of the Swallows and observe them very well,
after the already stated breeding Season i will look for their Nest
to make a check!

@ Zworld-Samma

Maybe this is interesting for you and your Research:

New study reveals a hidden nuclear history

On the week of the 26th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster, the first-ever study of nuclear engineers has shown how they were shaped by secrecy and shifting goals. First defined by the Second World War’s Manhattan Project, they marked out a new field described as a ‘strange journey through Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘What Buck Rogers reads about when he reads’.

In a new book Sean Johnston, Reader in History of Science and Technology at the University of Glasgow’s School of Interdisciplinary Studies in Dumfries discovers how the working experiences of these experts shaped not only their identities but our collective memories of the nuclear age.

phys.org...
edit on 30-4-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human0815

Would be interesting to see what they need for their Breeding,
for Food as well as for their Nest!

Because the Coastline is literally Well-Shaven and no Trees survived on the Coastline!

I am a great Friend of the Swallows and observe them very well,
after the already stated breeding Season i will look for their Nest
to make a check!

@ Zworld-Samma

Maybe this is interesting for you and your Research:

New study reveals a hidden nuclear history

On the week of the 26th anniversary of the Chernobyl disaster, the first-ever study of nuclear engineers has shown how they were shaped by secrecy and shifting goals. First defined by the Second World War’s Manhattan Project, they marked out a new field described as a ‘strange journey through Alice in Wonderland’ and ‘What Buck Rogers reads about when he reads’.

In a new book Sean Johnston, Reader in History of Science and Technology at the University of Glasgow’s School of Interdisciplinary Studies in Dumfries discovers how the working experiences of these experts shaped not only their identities but our collective memories of the nuclear age.

phys.org...
edit on 30-4-2012 by Human0815 because: (no reason given)

Human-San, excellent reading. Thank you for the link.

Concerning the birds, I think they need to be tested for radiation exposure. We have seen bird declines from deforestation in my area since logging started, so lack of nesting is a distinct possibility. But a 20% or greater loss in one year is alot.

More research needed.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

GR, magnetic. That makes sense. If thats what that is that might explain some other nagging questions as well.

The concept of electromagnetic properties at work in all of this is fascinating, and maybe more important than I previously thought. I dont know much about the hows and why so I have to take myself back to school on this one.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

GR, magnetic. That makes sense. If thats what that is that might explain some other nagging questions as well.

The concept of electromagnetic properties at work in all of this is fascinating, and maybe more important than I previously thought. I dont know much about the hows and why so I have to take myself back to school on this one.

Dang this is weird...I just had a brain fart about creating an electromagnetic field around Fuku. And hurried to post on to to see the feasibility....and lo and behold...

Rather fabulous group of brains here!! And Japanese Proton Accelerator Research Complex ( J-PARC) right down the road from Fuku already has the magnetism in place. But can it be controlled?

Anyone aware of experimental/ controlled electromagnetic fields surrounding any large scale area?

- Purple Chive

edit on 30-4-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is what I dont understand. They little shooting lights appear hair like. as the cam goes by this area there is an increase in light leading to a flash and then this repeats at 2:17. Is this the bottom of the shield pug or are we still outside the plug. Im assuming the bottom of the plug.

What I dont understand is there should be no flashes of light like this under the shield plug, unless this is caused by the light being used for the endoscope. But that still dosnt answer what the hair like stuff is.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by zworld

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread, but back when the "yellow rain" and resulting yellow dust happened in Japan, we pretty quickly figured out it was pollen. It happens here all the time in the US and in Japan as well; it happened there two weeks *before* the earthquake as well. It's pollen, not uranium.

Pollen was the initial reason given by JMA for the yellow green rain. However, locals at the time said it didn't resemble any pollen they had ever seen. But even if it was just pollen, the wind was blowing from the direction of Fukushima into the Kanto region. Did this pollen pick up any radionuclides in it's transport. Since the radiation levels skyrocketed at this time this should be assumed. However, the government never tested it for radiation. Why?

Now let us compare this situation to the only other time a nuclear accident of this nature occurred that we have records of. Chernobyl. Similar to the explanation given in Japan, Russian government officials claimed that the yellow radioactive rain that fell in Gomel, Belarus after Chernobyl was merely pollen and nothing to worry about. This turned out to be a bold faced lie.

The following is from "Remembering Chernobyl – Yellow Rain".

“We all jumped in the puddles with the yellow stuff. … You don’t see (it in) the air, it doesn’t materialize. But when you see the yellow dust, you see radiation,” Antonina Sergieff said.

Among the unstable elements released were iodine-131, caesium-137, strontium-90 and plutonium-239. Scientists say that exposure to such elements, especially in such high doses, impairs critical cellular functions and damages DNA.

When these elements first reached Sergieff 20 years ago, they came in the form of yellow rain. It was not long after that residents in her hometown knew it wasn’t simply “pollen” – which is what government officials assured them, she said.

Below is a picture of this so called pollen marring the paint job of a car. All pollen Ive ever seen fall in rain collects and pools, it doesnt attach to a cars paint job and need scrapping off. Ive only seen pollen in rain a couple of times though.

The other question is where did the greenish tint come from.

Hopefully it was just pollen, but the truth is we will probably never know. All we know is that on the morning of the 21st over 200 people who live in the Kanto region filed reports asking what this substance was. If it was just pollen, and people in Kanto are used to it, why did it cause such an uproar. They didn't say that there was pollen falling in the rain and they would like it tested for radioactivity. They said there was a strange substance that had fallen with the rain, that they had never seen before and wanted it tested. There's a big difference in the two.

top topics

<< 1249  1250  1251    1253  1254  1255 >>

join