<< 1248  1249  1250    1252  1253  1254 >>

join

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Z -

The Bomb: A Life
By Gerard J. De Groot, published 2005

Page 334

books.google.com... g=93vwqd-9yuKc1QTQmFrOFDRQepA&hl=en&sa=X&ei=i36ZT7e-EYKt6AGw1IH3Bg&ved=0CEsQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=sarin%20gas%20japan%20attack%20usa%20and%20japan%20nucl ear%20holocaust&f=false

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld
I think so GR. Pretty near the start after entering the underside of the plug. It looks like an explosion of particles but I cant see where its coming from or what it is. Whatever it is it cant be good. I really wish they had left the endoscope in place so it could be monitored for future reference.

I see what you mean, the poor worker had to stand right above that peak to use the endoscope too. That looked as bad as some outer parts of the R2 CV inspection videos. Shows the grim reality of how dangerous these primitive contraptions are eh?

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Some information on health issues in Japan.
schockweiler.blogspot.fr...

Down in the coments I found this PDF on fukushima fallout being found in Lithuania.
www.happysmile.se...

William in Japan. This is why I got the geiger with the food probe. Far from perfect but every little bit helps.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
A very good doc.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Fog or Steaming?

Around 1:28 into clip or 03:29:00 time:

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
April 24th inside #4.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
For z, M, and GR.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Purplechive

Fog or Steaming?

Around 1:28 into clip or 03:29:00 time:

- Purple Chive

Looks like steam as it is so specifically located, while none is visible to the left of #1.

Copy paste this into your browser as ATS doesn't allow youtube video time specific links...
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9dfFhvu8Q0M#t=140s

That link will take you to a youtube video timed exactly when steam starts in a similar way, during the daytime, a month ago, visible from TBS cam. Starts close to #2 between #3 of all places.. meanwhile #2 blob is having problems currently.

Source: youtube.com/ichicax4 'TOKYO ALERT SEVERE SMOKE @ FUKU 2.28.2012'
edited for size for ats

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Fish trawled at Around 10km offshore

Picture of them:
www.tepco.co.jp...

Amount found in them:
www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

GR, et all....the TBS/JNN cam has been showing nothing for days now. Anyone know why?

- Purple Chive

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

i think so as well. it looks to be rising from ground level which would indicate heat and not fog.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Apologies for "butting in", but came across something interesting whilst contributing to a completely different thread.
I haven't read all of this Fukushima thread, more I keep an eye on it. I am not sure if this has ever been brought up, but the comment made about three quarters of the way down of this article is very interesting; headed up "Nuclear Radiation Shield"

www.awakening-healing.com...

It says it is only at experimental stage, and would probably cost a bloomin fortune, but nevertheless, worth looking into?

Right towards the end of this similar article too:

www.subtleenergies.com...
edit on 27-4-2012 by Mufcutcakeyumyum because: additional information

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The nuclear industry has always said that there is no way a nuclear power plant could produce a nuclear explosion. This may or may not be true, as reactor grade plutonium has been used in a successful nuclear explosion. As explained earlier, whether or not there can be a nuclear explosion depends on the amount of compression applied in relation to the amount of fissile material.

What they don't tell you is that both uranium and plutonium can explode in a conventional non-nuclear chemical reaction in the environment. And when you start talking about a toxic release, these would probably be worse than a nuclear explosion in the long run. This type of explosion would be essentially a dirty bomb that vaporized or powdered uranium and plutonium and spread it into the environment.

Uranium oxides and uranium hydrides have a severe explosion hazard rating as determined by the U. S. Bureau of Mines. In powder form when dispersed in a cloud the material will ignite and explode at 20 °C.

Plutonium may be even more dangerous. Plutonium powder can, of course, ignite spontaneously at room temperature when exposed to air. This has been a serious concern with milling it since day one.

But it has also been shown to ignite and explode in solid form as well. This occurs when plutonium is exposed to water first, and then air. The reaction of plutonium with water produces an oxide/hydride compound that can then ignite in the atmosphere. Heat generated by this ignition is sufficient to ignite high surface area plutonium, producing a more intense heat. This melts the plutonium, which forms submillimeter droplets of molten material. It is this molten material that can explode spontaneously.

In fact, anytime a plutonium powder or hydride is generated in an inert environment and is then suddenly exposed to air, the potential exists for an explosive reaction.

The only honest thing the nuclear industry has ever said is that nuclear reactions do indeed occur at their power plants, and electricity for the grid is produced.

Everything else they've ever said is a lie. Anything that applies to safety.......a lie. Anything that applies to the dangers of low level radiation.....a lie. Anything that applies to the explosive ability of nuclear fuel......a lie. Anything that applies to the need for nuclear power....a lie. And I'm so tired of being lied to.

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nineteen
The Day Of The Yellow Green Rain In Kanto

This chapter is about a color. A very beautiful color. Lime on the yellow side.

It is a color that is common to the world of alpha radionuclides. It could someday be a better indicator of trouble than a geiger counter, since it seems to only be associated with hard to monitor long-lived alpha emitters that have spent sometime in an oxygen rich environment. Air for instance. In the case of reactive metals like plutonium, uranium, neptunium and europium, the oxidizing process occurs quickly once exposed to air.

Oxidizing an alpha emitter with a half-life measured in the >1000 year time scale sems to add the greenish color. I have no idea why the half-life time scale needs to be in the many thousands of years or greater range, but that appears to be the case.

For instance;

Uranium dioxide was used to color glass and ceramics prior to World War II. When fired, it produces a beautiful yellow green shade that can be obtained only through the use of uranium. It even has it's own name, 'uranium glass', though it's original name was vaseline glass, or canary glass. It was also given it's own descriptor "lemonescent".

The uranium dioxide causes the glass to fluoresce bright green under an ultraviolet light.

Uranium was used in coloring glass in amounts ranging from 0.1% to 25% and found in many 19th and early 20th century products like carnival glass, stretch glass, depression glass and feistaware. It was also used in all absinthe glassware since the color of the uranium glass resembled the color of the drink. The levels of radioactivity found in these products also varies, with levels approaching 15,000 CPM recorded. One has to wonder if some of the early hoopla over absinthe was a product of radiation exposure.

Below are pictures of the most common color found of uranium glass. The first is a carnival glass piece. The second is of three absinthe swirl glasses and a spoon holder.

That color is one of the most beautiful colors glass ever came in. As well as the most toxic and radioactive, setting off geiger counters at close range. And we thought the Romans were silly for using lead.

When used as a glaze on the outer surface of pottery, the green hue takes on a bit duller look. This is probably closer to the coloration we would see for uranium out in the environment.

It's sad to think that it takes a radioactive product to produce such strikingly beautiful and energetic patterns in a glaze.

Yellowish lime-green. Sometimes more yellow, sometimes more green. This color is actually a rare color in nature, found primarily in amphibian skin and bird feather coloration, and chlorine gas. And when long lived alpha emitters are left open to the atmosphere.

This oxidized state is the condition we would see these alpha decay products in today if they were in the environment. This is something that needs to be taught to all who live near any type of reactor or stockpile. The colors of radioactive products in the environment. With special emphasis on the color of the long lived alpha emitters found in uranium, plutonium, emporium, neptunium and americium.

The following pictures are of some of these alpha emitters that have half lives in the thousand or million year time scales and tend to emit yellow green when oxidized, similar to uranium.

plutonium-239) I believe this picture is from a Rocky Flats lathe residue fire, possibly the 1957 fire, but could be from any of the hundreds of plutonium fires they experienced. Once ignited the plutonium goes from yellow green to black.

Then there is neptunium oxide, seen in solution here. All neptunium isotopes that last for more than a few days are long lived alpha emitters. Oxidated they take on similar colors as uranium glass.

And europium-151, one of the longest lasting alpha emitters known.

Oxidated they can all take on the same yellow green color if conditions are right. This doesn't seem to be the case if the substance decays in a way other than long lived a-decay. For shorter lived a-decay the green is less present, and yellows and golds predominate. Below is Americium 241, which is a strong alpha emitter but a half-life of only 432 years. It is commonly pink to gold, with very slight green effect in a higher oxidated state.

The picture below from Chapter 12 is of Three Mile Island's corium. It shows green in some of the duller undertones, as seen in the pottery glaze above, but is far from predominant. This could be due to the fission products present that aren't alpha emitters. These show no green whatsoever and tend to go from yellow to orange to brownish red instead when oxidized.

Now compare all of these to the water in the basements at Fukushima;

There the green is very evident, and closely resembles uranium glass. It is possibly due to uranium or long lived transuranics left behind in the PCV or RPV and flooding out through a hundred cracks and holes. It could probably be many other things as well.

Now let's go back to the picture of the yellowish lime green super fine dust from Kanto after the March 21 rains we saw in Chapter 12.

Once again the green is present.

The authorities claim it's dust from China and this substance very well could be dust from China. The term for dust that travels with the wind from one place to another is aeolian dust. Most of the aeolian dust in the northern hemisphere comes from China or the Sahara, and Japan, along with Korea, gets the brunt of China's, especially in the spring. This has been happening since the early 1990s, when desertification from loss of grasslands and past agricultural lands in northern China began in earnest. Dust bowl conditions now prevail in many areas.

However, the aeolian dust from China is usually silt-sized quartz particles, gritty to the touch, and the color of desert sand, no greens. The above was described as a fine yellow/green dust that almost floated and wasn't gritty.

There is also the possibility that the unknown substance from the Kanto region was a mixture of China dust and Fukushima radionuclides. Below is a common wind condition in the month of March. The wind blows across China and the Sea of Japan and then heads south when it hits Japan.

A wind pattern of this nature could take the dust across Fukushima Prefecture and then south to Tokyo and the Kanto region.

But as stated in Chapter 12, we will never know for sure what this substance contains as the Japanese government has refused to release findings concerning it. If ever there was a time when the people of a country needed their government to come through for them, this was it.

Only they didn't.

-----------------------------

Next: Chapter Twenty) When The State Becomes The Enemy Of The State, And The Media Becomes The Enemy Of The People.......Life Hurts
edit on 27-4-2012 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aircooled
For z, M, and GR.

Thank you, AC. I was just on my way to do a frame by frame to find that shot. Its the fact that things are curved that I don't understand. I saw this in some of the earlier RPV endoscopoe stuff that I thought was water dripping in. Things were slighlty curved there, but way curved here. weird.

Any thoughts anyone?

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zworld

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread, but back when the "yellow rain" and resulting yellow dust happened in Japan, we pretty quickly figured out it was pollen. It happens here all the time in the US and in Japan as well; it happened there two weeks *before* the earthquake as well. It's pollen, not uranium.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Radioactive rain and pollen test.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Some cleaned up film of the stroll past the #4 sfp.

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is quite a statement from this professor. Hopefully this will make people think a bit,

Prof. Takeda “3/31/2015 is the last day of Japan”
fukushima-diary.com...

More on the chemical/du fire.

0.44~9.31 μSv/h after explosion of Chemical complex
fukushima-diary.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I Missed It!!

For some stupid reason I figured that the hydrogen level in Unit 2 had stabilized after they resumed nitrogen injection after the endoscopy. And it did. The problem is the PCV pressure level started to go way up. Well TEPCO started venting a whole lot more gases to bring the pressure down. When they did this the pressure did go down...but all the nitrogen being pumped in must be getting blown out in the process....therefore the hydrogen level has gone way up again, even with increased nitrogen injection.

They'll have to find a happy medium between the pressure and hydrogen levels.

Sorry folks that the hydrogen level sneaked up again without me noticing. Good job Enenews!!!

www.tepco.co.jp...

enenews.com...

- Purple Chive

edit on 28-4-2012 by Purplechive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by zworld

Originally posted by Aircooled
For z, M, and GR.

Thank you, AC. I was just on my way to do a frame by frame to find that shot. Its the fact that things are curved that I don't understand. I saw this in some of the earlier RPV endoscopoe stuff that I thought was water dripping in. Things were slighlty curved there, but way curved here. weird.

Any thoughts anyone?

Can't put it down to shutter roll or incredibly excessive fish eye so I'm stumped for now. I'll sleep on it.

Did the barge have a jury rigged cooling system?

See the orange piping connecting everything? Normal barges don't need temporary plastic piping to operate, so it's obviously for the cargo. Looks just like the temporary waste and cooling water pipes on land.
I guess some weapons grade stuff needs cooling eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1248  1249  1250    1252  1253  1254 >>

join